How much have you lost, and how long did it take?

Options

Replies

• lauriebeakley1
    Options
    31.5 pounds & it has taken me 11 months. Apparently I am a SLOW loser! That loser part sounds really bad but you know what I mean. :laugh:
  • mart001
    mart001 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    106 pounds since Jan 4, 2013... another 16 pounds to go!!!:smile:
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    78.3lbs, started on Oct 2nd 2012. 76 weeks and 3 days.
    About 12lbs off my minimum goal, will probably want to lose a bit more eventually though.
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    64 pounds loss to date. I started January 2012 this time around (748 days). My first time on MFP was July 2011. I loss 30 pounds by December 2011. However, life happened and I closed my account for a month. Eventually, reopened another account in January 2012. I am a slow loser, but that's okay. My weight loss stalled for a while and I also gained some weight due to may factors. I will get there eventually. :)
  • misscem94
    misscem94 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    ~41 pounds in 133/134 days.

I started incorporating exercise about 2 1/2 months ago. I've still got 15 pounds to go, but the weight loss is slowing down now. I'm fine with that :)
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Lost 130 lbs after about 640 days here (started 6/7/2012). Goal for me is not a specific number, I feel comfortable where I am now weight wise, playing with a range of 3-5 lbs. BMI when I started was 44% now 23% I'm 5'5.5" tall. No surgery, no cheat days or cheat meals...if it didn't fit, I didn't eat it or worked it off. I pre plan/pre log my food a day in advance, I put enough calories worth of snacks in for late nite so I can adjust meals during the day.
  • MistyRose0424
    MistyRose0424 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've lost 92 lbs so far and I started in august of 2013 and I have about 59 more pounds to go. GOOD LUCK TO YOU:smile:
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal weight of 125, down 60 pounds, a little over a year ago and have fluctuated within 5-6 pounds of it ever since. It took me two and a half years during which I did strength training and started running (never ran before). I ate pretty healthy before so I didn't change my diet much but focused on tracking what I ate, portion size and eating more regularly/frequently. I now weigh most everything, try to eat 6 times a day and still track everything in MFP. I did completely cut out diet sodas. I would like to stay closer to the 125 mark but my clothes all fit and I am stronger and healthier than ever!
  • Eli716
    Eli716 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    87.5lbs (I log it on MFP tomorrow) in 8 months and 5 days. :tongue:
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    135 (and counting) in 716 days..........
  • fayefayee5
    fayefayee5 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Lost 29lbs since jan 21st.

Another 80ish to lose
  • Petra3333
    Petra3333 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

45 pounds in just under 6 months. I started my journey September 28, 2013. I lost the 1st 35 in 3 months, and then more slowly after that. I still have another 10 to go. Exercise has been key for me (I was never ever an exerciser.) I found something I love (thank goodness) which is water aerobics. I feel great, and most importantly, my off the charts cholesterol, blood pressure and blood sugar plummeted after 3 months. Those 'bad numbers' is what snapped me into my journey. I think back at the types of food I ate then and the types of food I eat now, and can hardly believe it. I've focused on quality of food, and eating healthy nutritious food (which has been and education :) ) along with good cardio and strength training. Best of luck to you! It will be fun!
  • groovy_gals2000
    groovy_gals2000 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    ~6lbs in a month, since I started properly using this site, before then Id lost about a stone, over a year (most of the was lost one a 1 month trip to india where i mostly starved myself-->totally not a healthy way to kick start a diet)
    Since Feb Ive just been watching my calorie intake, im about 1300 calories a day, and i gym 5 days a week for an hour or more. At least 4km on treadmill, with bike and weights as well. Im only aiming for 20lbs though at the moment.

Everyone's different! People with a higher aim generally lose quickly first then slow down, those with a smaller aim struggle for a while. My weight has only just noticeably dropped the last 2 weeks. First 2-3 weeks, the muscle gain sort of out weighed the fat loss. But I feel much better fitness wise, so I'm not even that bothered by the slow going of the loss!
    Everyone's different. Just remember to not get disheartened if you start slow and keep up the good work :D
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    10 pounds as of two weeks ago. i weigh in on monday, and i know i've lost more because i can tuck my belly in more than i could before. took about 2 months. 40ish more to go.
  • h20islife
    h20islife Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 pounds since june 2013 so it has taken me 9 months.
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    38.5 kg (~84 pounds) since March 2011. Went off track for six months late 2011 and regained around 15 kg or 30 pounds, then got back into it mid 2012. Been going ever since.

It's hard to remember what it was like being SO overweight. Nor do I want to. From being completely sedentary, I now run a 5K every Saturday morning (yay for ParkRun!), lift weights twice a week (mostly for injury prevention) and try to do one long run a week as well as walking up a big *kitten* mountain.

For me, this has been about saving my life. I don't care how I look, I just want to avoid the inevitable slow and painful loss of function and early death that was headed my way before.
  • sanz002
    sanz002 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    92 pounds, started at 317 now 225 I started the day after Canadian Thanksgiving, or October 17 2013. It averages about 3.5 pounds a week. I've not exercised at all but do have a fairly active job. My success is by always recording everything I eat and staying under my calorie goal for the day. I still drink beer and eat steak, but I'm always aware and make sure to honestly record everything. Good Luck!
  • Magda_Castle
    Magda_Castle Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Started on 01.01.2014 and lost 57 pounds. I started at over 300 pounds so I've been losing quite quickly so far.
  • Darcie45
    Darcie45 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have lost 40 pounds since july 15, 2013. I was sick for a month and gained 5 pounds back, and have almost gotten back to where I was a month ago. I have 15 pounds left.
  • serendipity22
    serendipity22 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30 pounds since December.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!