How much have you lost, and how long did it take?

Options

Replies

• whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    About 40-45 pounds, in about 5-6 months. Didn't expect to hit ultimate goal weight so easily. Been maintaining for 8-9 months, struggling to find new goals and strike a sustainable balance, but THOROUGHLY enjoying the process. It was a very big deal for me to get injured a couple months ago and NOT give up and start gaining all the weight back -- something that I had let happen several times in the past.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    About 35 lbs. I lost the first 15-20 lbs. in the first few months, then 10-15 lbs. the next year.

I'm sure that it would have gone much quicker had I not wasted my time doing Atkins Induction for several months, then refusing to accept that I needed fewer than 1300 calories/day CONSISTENTLY to start to lose weight, again. (I'm 5'2".), and finally realizing that this close to goal weight, I need to exercise (the dreaded cardio), if I want to ensure I am achieving enough of a deficit to produce a 2-3 lb./month loss. Slower than that, and I lose motivation.

Hope this helps. Good luck to you!!!
  • Lizplus3
    Lizplus3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    21 pounds since January 13, 2014 - 43 to go! I have changed when and how much I eat and I do some sort of exercise daily for around an hour. :) Works out to be around 3.5 - 4 miles a day. :)
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    182 lbs since June 23, 2013. No fad diets--just healthy, reasonable amounts of food and increased exercise.
  • buttercupcakegina
    buttercupcakegina Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    25 lbs in 10 weeks
  • nineshift99
    Options
    15 since January 2014
  • elliebellie78
    elliebellie78 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    21.5 pounds in 11 months.... goal is another 15-20 to go.
    Slow and steady... not in a rush... more concerned about overall health.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    60lbs in 17months but took 8 months off weightloss due to pregnancy so it's more like 9 months.
  • angelo620
    Options
    I was determined to loose these extra pounds...Beginning January 1, 2014, I have lost 28.6 pounds...Still have several pounds of fat to fall off...LOL

Good Luck!
  • allotmentgardener
    allotmentgardener Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Been 15 days and have lost 13 pound. I am just starting though so I know it will taper off.
  • ChristineOlivarri
    ChristineOlivarri Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    40 lbs in 3 months. Two hours a day of exercise and staying around 1500 - 1700 calories per day.
  • rebeccabryan53
    rebeccabryan53 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    35lbs in 10 months with low to moderate exercise. This is including two vacations where I was being sensible, but still it was vacation. I've increased my exercise routine to burn those last 20 quicker
  • linkirving
    linkirving Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Started at 300 lbs in 2009 I believe, lost 70 in a year, then I quit counting calories. Luckily I didn't gain much back. and I have lost 17 since joining MFP in February. It's so much easier this time. I was carrying a little notepad everywhere the first time... MFP really saves me time and helps me track not only calories, but exercise and nutrition.
  • nh38318
    nh38318 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've lost 38lbs so far on my journey and started last September. Want to lose another 14lbs in time for my 1yr MFP anniversary!
  • Zelinna
    Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I've lost 64, but my goal was 60. It took me 15 months to lose that.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I've lost ~55 lbs since January 5th 2014
  • elfram2
    elfram2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm down 53 lbs since Jan 1, 2014
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I lost 74 lbs in 60 weeks.
  • anro86
    anro86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    32 lbs in 8 months.... and working on losing another 15-20
  • ChiaGnome
    ChiaGnome Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 55 lbs in the last 8 months or so. 20 lbs to my goal of 145.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!