How much have you lost, and how long did it take?

Options

Replies

• FatNFightingIt
    FatNFightingIt Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    50 in 2012, maintained in 2013 and lost another 20 so far this year - anticipating the remaining 75 will be gone by the end of the year at my current pace - I completely agree that tracking definitely helps :)
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Started on January 14, 2014 at 180.2
    Today I reached 160 for a total of 20.2 pounds lost.
  • BonecrusherBrews
    BonecrusherBrews Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    See below. I started Jan. 15, 2014.

Logging, regular exercise and portion control have been HUGE. I cut out desserts, sweets, and I cut WAY back on beer (that was tough!) But the results have been rewarding.

Good luck!
  • scottjoh
    scottjoh Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have lost 85 pounds in 9 months. I go to the gym 5 times a weeks and changed to a healthier eating habit. I log everything that I eat, and still eat the foods I like as long as they stay within my calorie goal.
  • RRB2000
    RRB2000 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    17.6 lbs in 79 days.
  • karmic_fit
    karmic_fit Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    30 lbs in about 6 months (which is right on target for where i have my goals set) keep in mind that you can adjust things as you go so that you are losing at a pace you're comfortable with (I went for 1.5 lbs a week in the beginning and then adjusted to 1 a week after the first 20lbs)

logging everything everyday is the key, that way you know how to shift things so that you are meeting your goals, so excited for you at the beginning of your journey!!! :flowerforyou:
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    12lb since the middle of January. Some days it feels like everyone is losing weight so much quicker than I am. But at least I'm losing it and not gaining :)
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    A lot and a long time.

You cannot gauge your weightloss based on someone else' journey.
  • slimjame
    slimjame Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting your journey :). I am 21 years old and am about 5'2. I started 239 days ago, which comes out to 7.8 months. I first weighed in at 271lbs and my current weight (as of today's weigh in) is 189lbs. In the last 7.8 months I've dropped 82lbs and am 59lbs away from my end goal.

I definitely believe that your timeline is going to depend on how much time/effort you are able to put into your journey. You should also know that only having 40 pounds to lose is going to already put you at a slower loss rate than someone like me who started out with 140lbs to shake off.

The important thing to remember is to take baby steps. Take the time to get yourself on a routine that works for you (this might take a few weeks .. or more to discover) and your body. Once you can do this (at least in my experience) the weight loss happens naturally.

Also... water, water, water ;).

Good luck!
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I've lost 112lbs in almost a year :o
  • JodieSmith15
    JodieSmith15 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    since starting mfp February 3rd, 2014 I've lost 10 pounds. have lost 50 since fall of 2011 with much fluctuation in between.
  • lydiaannepage
    lydiaannepage Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    45 lbs so far - five and a half months.

Good Luck! :drinker:
  • Nuks37
    Nuks37 Posts: 5
    Options
    I started in January of 2013, and so far have lost ~ 180 lbs. Was pretty fast at first 3-5 lbs a week, and has slowed to about 1-2 a week now. Most important thing is to log everything, even if you cheat, and maintain your calorie intake and an exercise regimen IMO.
  • ninja8tofu
    ninja8tofu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've lost 73 lbs and it's taken 1 year and 21 days.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    13 lbs since September 2012, three dress sizes. (this doesn't sound like much, I know... but all the other things I've gained, stamina / endurance, education on nutrition and dieting, how to effectively build muscle, how to avoid injury, body re-composition, the feeling of being proud of my appearance--- mean so much more than those measly13 lbs)

tumblr_loatkqyami1qdhmifo1_500.gif

The journey... it doesn't end.

Good luck, OP. :-)
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    169 lbs lost, as of the last time I weighed myself (21st of February). It took about 3 years. :)
  • joecmoore1
    joecmoore1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    93 lbs. since June 14, 2013. Strict 1600 calorie intake. Avoid processed food, too much dairy, bread and sugar. Walking and cross fit anywhere from 2 to 5 times a week depending on what's going on in the world. Went from walking a 1/4 mile from the house to run/walking 5ks. Hard work, but WORTH it!
  • LauraFouhse
    LauraFouhse Posts: 115
    Options
    20 lbs since September 2013. I lose roughly 3 lbs per month by eating healthy, counting calories and regular exercise. I am 45 years old so my metabolism is slower than it was when I could easily drop 10 pounds in a month. I'm also hypothyroid so the weight loss is a bit of a struggle for me so I really try to focus on feeling more fit and energized.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Well done, everyone!!! Keep in mind, you're further today than you were yesterday. Just keep going with forward progress!

For me, I've lost a grand total of 125 lbs since April of 2011. The first 100 was in about 10 months, the other 25 was SLOW; constant pushing, and quite a bit of trial and error. I was the quintessential "cardio bunny" for months. I read a lot about lift weights, so I started that around mid 2012/beginning of 2013. Tore my ACL, and had surgery last February, and put on about 10+ pounds. Got my momentum back over the next several months in recovery, but couldn't manage to take the weight off, no matter what I tried. About 13 weeks ago, I hired a trainer. Not only have I lost the 10 pounds I gained, I've lost an additional 5! Whoot whoot!!!!
  • WildlyCurly
    WildlyCurly Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I started this journey August 19th, 2013 at 238. As of today I am 158. So, it took 215 days for me to lose 80 pounds.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!