calories from fruit

Options

Replies

• Fairy49
    Fairy49 Posts: 6
    Options
    OK I get the message some people have gone way over the top. I posted this for support but a lot of you have actually just made me feel crap.

How much fruit do you eat each day. I used to do Scottish Slimmers and you were allowed 2 servings of fruit each day anything over you had to count.

I don't really count veg apart from Potaotes/Parsnips/Sweet Potatoes as these are the only ones on SS plan you had to count.

And yes people are very quick to judge, just a little advice on your question would have been suffice :smile:
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't want anyone to get *too* obsessed with logging everything that they put into their mouths-unless youre wanting to lose body fat and body recomp,I think a lot of people dont count their macros are much for general weight loss.

However, I agree that its probably sensible to add your fruit, especially if sometimes your tracking isnt *that* accurate (i.e. not weighing food, etc is easy to eat more than you think you are eating)-even 1 banana a day will add 100 calories, an apple around 50-if youre already close to your limit and eat both of these then that still puts you over, regardless of where those calories are coming from. Does that make sense?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

just one comment that was not needed.

'I don't count calories from burger or pizza either'

that was totally taking this pi**

I mean this in the nicest of ways OP….
    You need to log the fruit.
    And if one comment in a public forum is going to upset you that much, I suggest staying off of the forums. Which is a shame because you will be missing out on some great information. (such as logging your fruit)

that was an example of one comment, there where more.

Clearly this is the last post I make.

I wish I could delete it.
    wow just wow...if complete strangers can make you feel like this what happens when IRL friends disagree with you and set you straight????
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Log everything, no matter what it is. Weigh everything.

Fruit can definitely make you fat.

And I wouldn't post in the forums if you are that sensitive OP... people can get pretty harsh around here, although I didn't see anything in this thread to get worked up over.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    (Edited, because sometimes my sarcasm supplants my good nature and then I think better of it.)
  • fruitsalad15
    fruitsalad15 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I log everything but you are probably pretty safe to eat as much veg as you like, but I would watch the fruit. It has a lot of sugar so you can 'crash' or so is my understanding!

Even Jillian Micheals says 'eat unlimited greens' so there is something to this 'free' type of food, but you just need to be careful!

Good luck and I hope this was more supportive than some of the other posts!
  • hannahlibertypink
    Options
    OK I get the message some people have gone way over the top. I posted this for support but a lot of you have actually just made me feel crap.

How much fruit do you eat each day. I used to do Scottish Slimmers and you were allowed 2 servings of fruit each day anything over you had to count.

I don't really count veg apart from Potaotes/Parsnips/Sweet Potatoes as these are the only ones on SS plan you had to count.

And yes people are very quick to judge, just a little advice on your question would have been suffice :smile:

Thank you.

I eat about 3-5 portions of fruit.

And a smoothie a day which is 112 calories. ( I now know to count this !)
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    You're also doing 5:2 and not eating back exercise calories.

Is this the site for you?
  • hannahlibertypink
    Options
    I log everything but you are probably pretty safe to eat as much veg as you like, but I would watch the fruit. It has a lot of sugar so you can 'crash' or so is my understanding!

Even Jillian Micheals says 'eat unlimited greens' so there is something to this 'free' type of food, but you just need to be careful!

Good luck and I hope this was more supportive than some of the other posts!

thank you : )
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

And if one comment in a public forum is going to upset you that much, I suggest staying off of the forums. Which is a shame because you will be missing out on some great information. (such as logging your fruit)

You said above that it was one comment that was not needed, now all of the sudden there were more? :huh:
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    This isn't weight watchers...fruit is not free food.

Fruit is good for you but you can go over your maintenance easily by not counting your fruit. If you go over maintenance consistently you gain weight.

Log your fruit.

this is what I was going to type.. most fruit have around 100 calories. now I could see you doing this with vegetables. but not fruit. log it. you are only lying to yourself if you don't put it in your food diary
  • hannahlibertypink
    Options

I didn't realise you had to follow a strict code to be part of this site.

I initially logged on just to use the diary, so I could track what I was eating.

I think I will go back to just doing that and having support from my friends,
  • hannahlibertypink
    Options

You said above that it was one comment that was not needed, now all of the sudden there were more? :huh:

no ...

I meant this is just one comment... meaning one of the comments...
  • Fairy49
    Fairy49 Posts: 6
    Options

Is there strict rules that you can't do anything else when you are tracking a food diary on here?
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options

I didn't realise you had to follow a strict code to be part of this site.

I initially logged on just to use the diary, so I could track what I was eating.

I think I will go back to just doing that and having support from my friends,

Of course there isn't, but this site does come with some fundamental ideas and your posts indicate that maybe a little more research wouldn't hurt, is all.

MFP is designed so you eat back your exercise calories, and that you log everything you eat. Why you wouldn't log fruit and you would log other things, in my humble opinion, doesn't carry much logic, but as others have said it really depends on what your aim is by using the tool in the first place.

Good luck with everything.
  • verhunzt
    verhunzt Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You guys need to calm down. :/
    The answer is log your fruit.
    So we're all happy.
    No need to be rude or feel attacked.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight, track everything even if it seems insignificant to you. There's no point in counting without counting the fruits, you're off by hundreds of calories.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I wish I had never asked, and its a shame as I wont be posting for advice in the future.

no don't do that. if you have a question or dilemma that is what these boards are for.. don't pay attention to the people who make it their mission to be snarky and on their high horse when replying. they are the same type of people who do their best to raise themselves up by putting others down. it was a legit question but you do have to count anything that has calories. Just count it for a while and I bet you will be surprised at how much you were underestimating how much you really are taking in. Oh I just found this out and it may help you in the future: if you don't like what a certain person keeps commenting, you can choose to mute them under their picture. it helps me when I get pissed. :flowerforyou:
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I don't count calories from fruit, I eat as much as I Like (apart from banana's only 1 a day) I also drink a lot of smoothie's to keep my hunger at bay, and I don't count the calories from that either. what are peoples thoughts ??
    An average Banana is 100 calories!!
  • hannahlibertypink
    Options
    You guys need to calm down. :/
    The answer is log your fruit.
    So we're all happy.
    No need to be rude or feel attacked.

truth.

however when people are being rude it is hard not to feel attacked. : )