Over 200 New Year New Me Part 36

Options

Replies

• Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies, I hope you all have a wonderful day. Today is my day off of kindergarten. I had an e-mail that says I have a large packet of papers for you to fill out about Ryan. So it begins. The school is doing many different evaluations of Ryan. I am still waiting on the I don't know what you would call them a clinic any how one of their specialties is autism. So finally I can get an answer. I have been told "no" then "maybe" by so many different so called professionals. Now it is finally going to be with someone who is technically able to diagnose not guess. I feel sad and relieved all at the same time. One thing is for sure I have faith in God and I know that nothing can happen without it going through HIS hands first. So my mind is at the point where I know WHO holds my future and I am just relaxing and trusting. Some lady said to me recently and it touched me so deeply. She said, "God must have thought a lot of you" I looked at her like "What" and she says "Because HE trusted you to raise such a special little boy" :cry: :blushing: I was so touched. Any how today is a good day and I am still working towards my goals. I am not going to let anything stop me from doing this. ICAN do this
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    purple-Me personally I get rid of clothes as they become too big. I'll wear them to a point where they are falling off and get rid of them. I've sent some clothes to a few of the ladies here on the boards. Congrats on dropping the pants sizes!

Julie-You are absolutely right. The working for your pizza was a step in the right direction! Great job.

Deb-Half way to your goal!? That's AWESOME!!! I'm with you on dropping the top before the bottom. I started in a 24 or 26 and am in a solid 18 right now. It took FOREVER for me to start losing my belly. But finally it's coming. I know it's coming for you too!

POS Me-I'm so proud of you for sticking with it and not giving up. That shows your commitment. HUGS!!

Momma-I couldn't agree more with what that lady told you about Ryan being born to you. He definitely knew you could handle such a special amazing wonderful little boy! Hope you get some answers soon.

Well 2 of the 7 pounds are gone. Step in the right direction! I'm sure a lot of it is TOM retaining water. He does this. That's nice of him. Better now then right before the wedding though. I'll take it. Didn't do insanity this morning. Will do it tonight for sure. I'm confident that I'm gonna rock that dress! Yesterday was a rough day eating wise. I haven't even totaled everything up yet. I think I'm right where I should be with exercise calories. I wanted to eat EVERYTHING. Was hungry non stop. It sucked! But I made it through the day and dropped 2 pounds. Just found out I'm getting $100 rebate from AT&T...pretty freaking stoked! I NEED money!:laugh: :tongue:
  • malibootie
    malibootie Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies (and any men?). I came on MFP over a year ago and then fell off of it for a long time. I had done really well when on it and would like to not just get back into logging, but into the boards and giving and getting motivation. Any chance there is room for me on this board? Cearly it's a wee bit past the "New Year", but maybe today will be the first day of the rest of my life. Oh yea- I like cliches and sarcasm!! :tongue:

Info about me; My name is Mallorie, I am 36, single, live in Maryland, work as an HR Manager, go to school part time to get my BS (heh, bs..), play kickball in an adult co-ed league (it's AWESOME!), and have the world's most adorable 18 month old niece. Ok, it's possible I'm slightly biased on that, but I dare you to prove me wrong! :laugh:

Mallorie
  • Momma24
    Options
    Mallorie, we always have room for anyone wanting to join in. We can be chatty at times and we are always encourageing each other to keep going. Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • Momma24
    Options
    STUPID dailyburn. I went on to post some of my food and it had a banner in red that says "Hey Momma don't forget to do your core work out today" and it has a whole work out planned for me. I may be annoyed with them but it makes me feel like I HAVE to do it. So I guess I will be doing it.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Mallorie: Welcome to this awesome group of fabulous women! As you probably saw, we check in daily with calories, exercise, water, and something we're proud of. Some of us choose to track sodium, fiber, etc., as well. It's all personal preference. We can be quite a chatty group but it's the most motivating, supportive group you'll find! Okay, maybe I'm a bit biased, too!

Jess: Love the new vacation ticker. Now you have the swimsuit in 117 to help with motivation!

Allison: I've been donating my clothes to the local thrift store or my mom as they get too big, depending on which items she does and doesn't want. I tend to buy the smaller size if I'm between two, even if it's a touch snug as long as it still looks good. Besides, you're right...the 18s will be too loose soon anyway!

Deb: Congrats on seeing 242!

Laila: That's awesome that your kids are trilingual. What an amazing skill to have.

Julie: Nice job on earning your unhealthy meal. I didn't do so well on that last night.

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: Over by 1002 (yep, I hate 3000 calories yesterday!)
    Water: 66.7 oz.
    Exercise: None...Fail!
    Proud: Again, my awesome boyfriend!

So I've been sitting around 188 lbs. for the past two weeks. As you know, I've upped my calories, but too much yesterday and what do I get in return? I see 185.6 on the scale this morning. My body is so freaking weird! I've planned my meals today so that yesterday and today will even out to where I should be.

Now the reason my boyfriend is awesome this time....his friend acquired a horse trailer (something I've wanted for a long time!) and was offering it in a barter. My boyfriend is building a deck for the friend and in return, the friend was going to fix the truck the camper goes on, but they started discussing the trailer in the deal. Anyway, my boyfriend was actually willing to get the trailer for me in the barter AND let me use the camper truck to tow it! Of course, I would have paid him back for the trailer, but still. Isn't that sweet?

I've decided not to go forward with the trailer for several reasons, but the main on being that it's not the type of trailer I want and I don't want to settle for something just because it's available sooner. I have 1.5 years left on my car payments and have decided I'm going to start shopping trailers in the spring (MN Horse Expo) and take it from there. I'm allowed to use the above mentioned truck if I decide to get a trailer. In fact, the boyfriend told me I should get a trailer and use his truck until my car is paid off...then I could get my own truck if I wanted.

Okay, enough blabbing from me!
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    STUPID dailyburn. I went on to post some of my food and it had a banner in red that says "Hey Momma don't forget to do your core work out today" and it has a whole work out planned for me. I may be annoyed with them but it makes me feel like I HAVE to do it. So I guess I will be doing it.

Awesome! I may have to look into setting up my workouts on there when I'm done with ChaLean Extreme.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mallorie !!!

Jess - I am sure hoping that my gut starts dropping soon...most of my 24's are too big, but they don't necessarily fall "off" if i jump they will :smile: want to put them on and fall straight off...my 26's still hanging on my big gut a little, but they are wayy too big. Hopefully soon...I am soo excited i may see 230's in my future. I would love to be out of 22's by christmas :smile: of course i will probably still wear them for a while , since i really have no close beyond a 22, i have like 1 pair of khaki pants, then some skirts that are like 16 or 18 , and a suit that is like size 18.

allison - I really have not bought any new clothes...i work from home so i feel i really don't have to , just fittint back into clothes i never wore before...as i said above i am sure i will have to break down eventually cause i don't have smaller stuff..but that is still a way to go...but i would so go for the smaller size,
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Mallorie -- Welcome! I work in HR Management, too. I vent frequently about my job to the ladies here (I... um... hate it with passion :smile:).

Allison -- re: clothes; I wear them until they look like ridiculous clown clothes. I'm actually still wearing some 2x tops (when I buy new clothes, I buy a medium or large) and even some size 18 pants (I wear 12/14 now) Today, I'm keeping up a pair of size 18s with a safety pin. Yes, they look absolutely ridiculous and if the safety pin fails me, I'll be giving my coworkers quite a show. It's a risk I take. :laugh: Usually it takes something embarrassing happening because of the size of the clothes before I admit I need to stop wearing them (pants falling down, shirt showing my bra, etc).
    I've donated a LOT of clothes to my fav. thrift store (supports local non-kill shelter) in town and I've bought most of my "new" clothes from there or Goodwill as well. In general I have a very baggy and limited wardrobe at this point. I've never been this size as an adult so I can't even pull out old clothes to wear.
    Oh, when I'm at a thrift store, though, I'll buy a pair of pants even if they're way too tight if I really like them. I currently own a couple pairs of size 8 pants and a European size 36 (which I believe is pretty much a US size 2-4). I may never be able to wear them but they're AWESOME and they cost $2.

Oh yeah.... I also shrink clothes so I can continue to wear them (do this at your own risk! :wink:). I wash jeans & cotton shirts in warm water & dry on high heat. I even washed one of my wool coats to shrink it last winter but it backfired because it ended up being too small for me to wear until around Feb (so I could only wear it for a month or so). I tried it on a couple weeks ago and it's too big again but I'll be wearing it anyway this winter. :tongue:
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Mallorie: I also work in HR and we'll say it's not what I want to do when I grow up! I just haven't yet figured out what I want to be.

Allison: As far as the clothes issue goes, I'm lucky enough to have been this weight back in 2006 and was even smaller before then, so I have old clothes I can now fit into again. They get another round. I have a fairly decent wardrobe because of this, but when I get out of size 10s, I'll have to shop again because I don't have anything smaller (and only have three size 10s currently)!

Today I'm playing travel agent at work. We have trade shows and out-of-town training coming up, so I've been busy looking up and booking airfares, hotels, rental cars, etc. It's fun, but it makes me want to take a trip!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Sheesh I dont log in til later on in the day and end up with 2 pages to read! It warms my heart though! Love when the borad is active!

Sooooo, the scale was at 200.0...WTF!!!!!!!!! It couldnt be 199.99?! Sonofa...anywho patience friends, patience.

Purple- Congrats on your 18's!!!! My smallest size as an adult was 14 so as I drop in size I pull out old stuff to wear. Unfrotunately I have had a baby since then and my gut is bigger then it used to be when I wore that stuff so it doesnt look quite right. Mostly I am still wearing all my baggy stuff. I suggest purchasing the smaller size thats too tight because it will soon become loose and you'll get more use out of it then if you bought one size up.

Momma- that lady that said that to you had to be an angel from God. Seriously, people dont just go around saying stuff like that...he put that lady in your path that day to convey to you that message. Im so glad she did, shes absoultely right.

Maliboothe- Welcome!!! We love sarcasm around here! Well I do anyway..its how I get by...and Blue too! Anyway, feel free to chat as often as youd like someone is always on to listen...Im from MD too, what part are you from?

I had a field trip to the pumpkin patch with my son's daycare this morning and boy did it ever make me thank goodness for daycare! That boy has way too much energy! I still cant keep up and it was only like 3 hours!

Be back after spin class to check in!

Cris
  • malibootie
    malibootie Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a lot of HR people on here. I wonder if we could draw a correlation between HR and internal struggles. Ok, now I'm just talking crazy!! I too hate my job- I was hired as an Executive Assistant to the CEO and was phenomenal at it. TOO phenomenal. When our former HR Manager left and the HR asst couldn't hack it I someone inherited the entire department with no training. Then the asst left and it was just me. Anyway, it's been a year of on the job training.

Cris- I am in Frederick, MD. I grew up in Montgomery County, primarily Silver Spring and Gaithersburg. My whole family is here. What part are you in?

You are all inspiring me to get back at it. I have not been under 200 since high school. Though- about 7 years ago I got down to 207 but then I let life give me a reason to sabotage it.

It will take me a little bit of time to get all of your names and idiosyncracies down, but in the meantime, thank you for welcoming my sarcastic fingers. I promise to do my best to inspire AND entertain! :devil:
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    malibootie-Welcome! I do not work in HR. I work for a bank. I sometimes hate my job. It's pretty boring. Hence why I stalk the thread here. I can't remember the last time I was under 200 pounds. Was probably in Freshman year of high school. So being this close for me is very exciting!!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Oh dear.
    The Halloween candy has officially come out at work. :sad: Self control is lacking and I've ended up with a .49oz pack of Reese's pieces. :tongue: Bright side: It's only 70 cals! :wink:
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    momma, what Cris said make perfect sense..people don't go around making saying stuff like that..so I say take it in because it is true:heart:

malibootie, welcome! You can jump right in when ever you can..we are a bunch of chatty girls..good luck on your journey :)

I am so tired today. I tried to run in the community park today but for some reason a lot of people were around ( don't like to run while people *might* be looking:embarassed: ) so I just walked. not a good burn from walking it's still better than nothiing.

I already planned out my menu for today's dinner we are having baked tilapia with tomatoe garden sauce (some sauteed onions and galic in a teaspoon of olive oil and some home grown plum tomatoes and last some sweet peas) . and on the side is about 3/4 cup of brown rice

since I am here I minds well check in
    Yesterday
    calores, 1189
    exercise, 30 minutes interval training
    water about 100oz
    proud, I have a great MFP family and wouldn't let me quit

TOday
    calories 1199
    exercise, 30 minutes walking
    water about 100oz
    proud, day 2 and I am still doing this...finally I am stick to it for more than 1 day. I think I might be back!

Have a great evening!
    I have to go finish clean and cooking...
  • Momma24
    Options
    Thanks girls, you are a special group of women and I am so glad I met you.

Heather, daily burn e-mailed me to remind me that I have scheduled a work out and that it has not been done yet!!!!:explode: :laugh: Okay okay I am going to go do my workout!!!!
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Momma: I think it's hilarious that they keep harassing you! Go do your workout!

Mallorie: It does take a while to attach all of the names to the screen names. But, I think you'll love this group. Well all started out over 200 and while some of us are now under 200, we stick around because we consider each other our "weight loss sisters." Some of the members have taken short breaks, but they come back whether it's just to say hi, to browse our postings or to actually comment to each person. I look forward to getting to know you more!

Yay, time to go home. It's the last night of volunteering until April...BOO! I'm going to miss the kids SO much. Sad.

Anyway, "see" you all tomorrow. Have a great evening!

P.S. Congrats on seeing the 200, Cris. You're SO, SO close to Onederland. I'm sure you'll see it tomorrow!
  • Momma24
    Options
    Okay I did the workout and I burned 422 calories. I feel like I am going to throw up. sorry about the tmi
  • purpleprose
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback about clothing...I think that I'm going to try and have some of my nicer stuff tailored a bit but other things I'll either donate or take to the consignment store in town. But I definitely want to get rid of those clown pants because I NEVER want to be that size again!

Mallorie - welcome to the group! That officially makes me not the newest member now. :laugh: I joined in July/August and everyone has been so welcoming and generous with support, encouragement, advice, and humor. I look forward to getting to know you better.

I've been eating everything in sight the last few days - I've been absolutely ravenous. Luckily I only have healthy stuff in the house, and my binges are now on fruit and vegetables and the occasional Fiber One bar instead of chips and cookies. I think that means TOM is approaching, so I'm drinking as much water as I can hold.

Today's check-in (I've been so bad at checking in this week)

Calories: 594 under (might be less as I'm still a bit hungry)
    Water: more than 8 oz
    Sodium: 273 under
    Exercise: 10 minute warm-up, then weights and stretching
    Proud: I wore those 18s today like it was going out of style! They've stretched a bit, so even they are a bit baggy in the thigh.
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    purple (Allison?) - I, too, have been eating like a mad woman. I am thinking I may need to up my calories since my exercise almost doubled in intensity.
    Julie - Oh lordie mae the Hallowe'en candy KILLS me every year. I realize I have absolutely NO control when around it, so this year I am going to try to not eat any of it. Not one piece. I know that sounds harsh but it is seriously a trigger for me.
    Momma - ROFL on the dailyburn guilt trips!
    Heather - I love how much you love working with your kids. You are one special lady!
    Laila - What beautiful names your children have! I LOVE Zaina. And you made me laugh abut the boobie bracelets. LOL
    Mallorie - Welcome! You will like it here. OH and ignore Cris because I am never sarcastic! :wink: OK maybe a lot. I can't help it - I am a teacher! We are the creators of sarcasm! LOL

Well sisters, today is a special day. I am officially off of my diabetes meds forever!!!!!!!! My doc gave me the good news today around 5pm. I am so excited. :bigsmile:

check in:
    calories: to the edge (darn dark chocolate covered pretzels, grrr)
    water: almost 100
    exercise: 30 minute walk
    proud: no more diabetes!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: