Over 200 New Year New Me Part 36

Options

Replies

• HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    <~~~Me showing off my awesome (but stubborn) horse!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Heather-Hope your horse goes along with plan! Your weekend sounds fab!! I'm so jealous. And yes 80 is still warm. It's getting into the 50's and 60's at night and in the mornings...that's why it's chili weather! :laugh: We can't wait till it drops as cold as it does up there. We'd be waiting forever!!

Nancy-HI BYE!! Glad you stopped in for a hello! Those phones are sooo neat and there is so much to learn. I know there was a lot of love hate going on with me and my iPhone when I got it. good luck girl!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    I am soo digging some chilly weather all around, not the most found of cold but after being so freaking hot, i will take it for a while.

Had a pretty good workout at lunch, i am glad i made my self go. Of course since my eating today is out of control , i will still go over my exercise cals most likely..oh well....

so i went to the gym, and found out they cancelled the friday night spin class...we usally go every friday night...was a little peeved...i know it isn't packed too much, last week there as like 5 people in there but still :smile:

I am soo freaking impatient, i am wanting the people to call us about secheduling the design center and they haven't called, and i emailed our sales persoin about some issues on our lot fit and no response either....everyone needs to work on my time table !!!!

on the note of cool phones :sad: We were going to get iphones for christmas but we can't now :sad: We have the upgrade and can get them for 199, which we have covered with christmas money, but when you do that they do a credit check, and we can't have anything to check our credit until after we close on the house :sad: so we plan taking our christmas money and saving it till may.
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Deb-They pull your credit to upgrade? They haven't ever done that when I upgraded. Great job working out at lunch. Hope you get a call from the design center soon! I can only imagine how excited you are to get things moving. Maybe since you aren't starting to build for awhile they are waiting a little bit? That's sad news about your spin class? Is there any other night you and your hubby are available to go?
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Heather -- I think you'll get a kick out this -- I got so chilled on the drive home I couldn't get warm in bed. It was 67 degrees in my house and I pulled out the electric blanket! :noway:

Nancy -- Hi & bye! My mobile phone contract ends next Friday (I want to switch carriers) so I'll be getting my very first smartphone next weekend (I know...)! I'm pretty excited. I mean, I've only ever used a phone to call and text people (and texting was a bit of a leap -- I mean, c'mon, you're going to charge me $5 extra every month just to totally inconvenience myself by typing messages with my thumbs instead of speaking with someone over the phone? :tongue:). I'm generally not this much of a luddite; but as you all know I am generally this cheap. Since unlimited calling/texting/data plans now exist at a price I feel is actually somewhat reasonable, I'll finally be able to join everyone in the 21st century! Hooray!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Julie-Don't feel bad about the electric blanket..I've been using the heat in my car! :laugh:
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Deb-They pull your credit to upgrade? They haven't ever done that when I upgraded. Great job working out at lunch. Hope you get a call from the design center soon! I can only imagine how excited you are to get things moving. Maybe since you aren't starting to build for awhile they are waiting a little bit? That's sad news about your spin class? Is there any other night you and your hubby are available to go?
    \

I don't know if they every necessarily "tell" you that...I think it is that fine print. I researched and saw that they did., since you are signing a contract.

We actually are not really "waiting" to get started...we are on track for starting , they are working on getting blu prints and permits now. We have to go to the design center and they get all our selections back to them, then we have a builders meeting..we have a while before they actually start building stuff, but they got to get stuff in the works.

We go to spin class on sunday morning, the rest of the week is just soo hard, with homework, baths and all that with the girls...then they are cranky and tired after at school all day.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    I can't wrap my head around why mobile phone carriers check your credit in the first place. I mean.. it's basically a pay as you go service. If you don't pay, they cut off your service, so... how does your credit history even matter at all? Lame!
  • lildebbie
    Options
    I can't wrap my head around why mobile phone carriers check your credit in the first place. I mean.. it's basically a pay as you go service. If you don't pay, they cut off your service, so... how does your credit history even matter at all? Lame!

Exactly!!! I don't get it...same thing on car insurance...come on you don't pay they cancel you...duh...
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Deb-ooo well in that case they better call soon!!!

I've never seen it on my credit monitoring when I have upgraded that they pulled my credit. Weird! I have only known them to do it when you first sign up. I could be wrong though.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Julie-Don't feel bad about the electric blanket..I've been using the heat in my car! :laugh:

I'm guilty of this already this year as well. :blushing: But in my defense, I jump to use it the first chance I get because.... I dry my hair by turning the heat in my car on full blast on the way to work during the fall/winter/spring (basically, any time I can turn on the heat without suffocating myself :tongue:). In the summer, I just come to work with wet hair (!!! I know... I'm so unprofessional. But those 10-15 minutes of sleep are so worth it).
  • purpleprose
    Options
    Julie - I have really curly hair so I go to work and/or class with it wet as well, at least in the summer. I couldn't do that in NYC in the winter (out comes the flatiron...) but I can do that down here for 1/2 of the year!

And flannel sheets, down duvets, and electric blankets are all incredibly amazing and make me happy.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Oh you warm weather folks!!! - We've had a fire burning every night this week! It's been in the 50s or 60s and I SO DEARLY LOVE OUR FIRE TIME that I can't wait to get it started! Tonight for our Thursday Night Dinner I'm making a trio of soups! Butter bean and pesto, Tuscan Bread Soup, and Corn Chowder :bigsmile: Of course I only have 290 calories left for the day :sad:

I love the smell of wood smoke and the damp smell of cool wet leaves! I don't even mind the muddy paws that come along with that!

I'm not sure if I told all of you about how our animal zoo has grown? If I'm repeating myself I'm sorry!

Meghan had her Jack Russell Terrier flown out from CA (she saved the money herself!) and he arrived about two weeks ago. Last week her art teacher brought a stray kitten to class and guess who decided Henry needed a new home? So we now have three indoor/outdoor cats and four dogs (two are mostly outside dogs). Meanwhile the terrier, Cecil, (all 14 pounds of him) has decided to start attacking our Mastiff, Mrs. Figg (120 lbs). Poor Mrs. Figg is trying really hard not to kill Cecil! I saw Cecil tear around the corner at attack her, heard her ripping him to shreds and when I got there she's holding him down between her front paws, roaring/snarling and chewing the air while he bites her face, drawing blood. Thankfully Meghan is pretty level headed and I don't think she'll freak out too much if Cecil has a puncture hole in him the size of a Mrs. Figg tooth!

Today has been crazy - I've been trying to write this all day! I had my mammogram this morning and was answering emails the whole time. I'm in charge of an encryption process for the laptops and also working with the web filter. Today people started getting locked out of their laptops (doctors - not happy!!!). Today we also had some kind of disconnect that kept people with extra access to the internet from being able to get to their sights (like Facebook or YouTube) and all of this was happening with no explanation. We got the web part figured out but I'm still trying to figure out what is going on with the users getting locked out of their laptops. Total crazy day!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    You are all SUPER chatty today! So much to get caught up on, so little time. I'm pulling a Nancy and saying hi and bye. Happy Friday Eve!!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    You are all SUPER chatty today! So much to get caught up on, so little time. I'm pulling a Nancy and saying hi and bye. Happy Friday Eve!!
    My Friday Eve is catching on!!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    hey,

I am feeling a little better now, I got my afternoon walk/jog interval @ the community park plus I did level 2 Shred..as suggested. she really kills me toward the end of the 3 cycle..and when it's over I just lay on the floor because I am too weak to get up.

I am watching every bit of food (and logging it) that goes into my mouth..maybe I underestimate things in my food diary..or sometimes I forget that I had 2 tablespoons of peanut butter instead of my normal 1 tablespoon.

since I am already here and typing minds well check in

Calories, on target..I was 8 calories over my daily but way under my exercise calorie
    water, more than 100oz
    exercise, 30 day shred (level 2) burned 270 calories and my interval training (see above) burned 315 calories..so I did pretty good today
    proud, even though the scale was not nice to me..and I felt like a failure..I used it as my motivation to kick my own butt and work off the weight instead of crying over it...picked myself up and moved on...
    challenge, way over my fruits and veggies...always have them.
    now for the other part of the challenge..my zen...about to do that too before I go take my shower.

Have a great evening!
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, Just wanted to pop in and say HI!!!!!!!!

Heather, have a nice ride your horse is very lovely!!! So are you for that matter!!

Jess, you are one HOT gal. I love them boots they look good with that waist.

Blue, Hi and Bye hope you have a great day.

Ann, I am so excited for you about the new baby. Do you get morning sickness too bad? Oh my I always know the second I conceive because I can't keep anything down. All 4 times I always wonder what I was thinking. I usually lose weight the first 4-5 months. Ryan was a little better because I wasn't always blehhhhing into the toilet. But I was constantly nauseated. My first baby I lost 18 pounds by the time I was 5 months preggers. I was small back then so they were conerned. She came out fine though. And I weighed almost back to my original weight by the time I gave birth. I had 18 pounds to spare and so I gained 22 but if you subtract the 18 I lost in the beginning I actually only gained 4. Do you love my rambling math figures....

Julie, Oh I have been loving the cooler weather. We have been getting into the 50-60 at night and I am sleeping with my window open. We are going to heat back up into the low 80's this weekend which is our average this time of year. I hate Halloween because you never know if it is going to be cold or hot when we go trick or treating.

Mstahl, I am just so glad to see you are back. I like hearing what you are going to make for the Thursday night dinner parties. It always sounds like fun.
  • lildebbie
    Options
    So i got a call from the nurse's office today. she wanted to talk to me about serena's accidents. She had 2 today. I talked to her about the constipation issues and that we were trying to work on it. I am going to send extra clothes in her backpack, and she is going to talk to her teacher so that maybe when she has to go maybe she can go more often or at least the teacher be aware.

So i think i have to bite the bullet and do this 1st morning urine,...i am going to "try" to do it tomorrow...since she pees in her diapers it is hard to get her to actually pee 1st thing..they gave me these things to insert in her diaper and attach to her to let the pee go in, but i have to wait up early go put it in her pants....

I am hoping we can send this off and that we can discuss maybe these issues with him, he said he wanted to do some other allergy tests.

I am really happy with behavior and even those we have bad days, the good outnumber, i am hoping he agrees as i am not interested at th is point in putting her on any meds, i am curious when they re-run the test (which he told me they would do), how her numbers come back.

She says her tummy hurts every day , and the accidents, when she wasn't having accidents she never said her tummy hurt. This has been going on since she was potty trained so i am thinking more and more that this isn't behvioral ..and something else is underlying.

If this can all be as simple as she can't have dairy or something else...it would be soo good...

sorry to rant...i just want her to not be like this, breaks my heart when she tells me everyday her tummy hurts :sad:
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Deb-Hope you are able to get the sample from Serena and get some answers. I bet that sample could really get some kind of results back from the lab. Good luck!

mstahl-That sounds like one crazy day you had!! Enjoy your dinner party tonight! Love hearing about all the different things you cook. Talk about one full house of animals!! Holy smokes!! Hope Megan takes the news okay.

Momma-So you only gained 4 pounds? Wow!! That's amazing! I always had the same problem here on Halloween. It's hit or miss if it's gonna be cold. Kind of like my sisters wedding...ugh!! Outdoor wedding in October is so risky!

Hope everybody has a great night! I talked myself into going home and doing the insanity dvd..it's a "recovery" day DVD...but I hear it works your core to the extreme and that's where I need the most work. Can't skimp on that. Plus it's only 33 minutes, warm up, workout and cool down. I can't complain about that! Hope late night dinner doesn't affect my weigh in tomorrow. I'd love to weigh in at 208!!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    sheeesh I leave for a couple of hours and the boards blow up!

Blue- HI!!!!!!
    Momma- 4lbs would have been nice...I gained 60+
    Melinda- I love hearing about your thursday night parties
    Deb- Im sorry about Serena, I really wish theyd hurry up and figure out how to help her!
    Posme- I AM SO SUPER PROUD OF YOU FOR NOT LETTING THIS STOP YOU!
    Purple- I miss fall breaks...well any kind of breaks lol
    Julie+ Heather- I have only turned the heat on once! I love cold weather and Im still wearing flip flops and short sleeves. We are ranging between 60-65 right now, althoough today was 75

Im sorry if I missed someone, Im doing this from memory, usually Im at work and I take notes (now the secret is out)

Checking in:
    calories- somewhere between 1250-1300 depending on how much chicken I really had
    water- 100+
    sodium- 1800 ..wooohooo!
    excercise- spin class
    proud- that I pushed myself in spin class when I was debating not going at all, and that I am trying to eat protein instead of carbs for dinner...this means Im paying close attention to my intake again