husband jokes' about my body

Options

Replies

• thirteeninches
    thirteeninches Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    For the love of god kick his *kitten* out when he acts like a jerk. Go to your Moms for a few weeks and just tell him that you are joking .

This. Honestly, I would wonder why I was married to such a person, and you are about to have his baby? Goodness, my heart goes out to you.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    Do Mediterranean men simply want to be the children to their wives rather than have them? If I were a fertile young woman dating men of that culture I'd get sterilized or move. Or maybe import a man. And I thought American men were terrible!
  • kittykat1994
    kittykat1994 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you stood up to him and told him that you wasn't being overly sensitive, he was being insensitive. You deserve better than that and so does your baby.

Enjoy pregnancy and being a mum! :) Congratulations.
  • Bookwitch
    Bookwitch Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Your husband is a jerk! You're pregnant for gods sake. Even if you weren't he should love you for who you are not what you look like. Im sure you are not in the same shape as when you got married and he isn't either. That's called life. We all change as days go by. Sit him down and make him listen to how you really feel. If you don't feel you can do that write him a letter and mail it to him. You could mail it registered mail so that he has to sign for it and that way he cant say he didn't get it.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Do Mediterranean men simply want to be the children to their wives rather than have them? If I were a fertile young woman dating men of that culture I'd get sterilized or move. Or maybe import a man. And I thought American men were terrible!

In for wild generalizations, xenophobia, and blatant sexism. :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

Oh brother.
  • momasox
    momasox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Ask him to drop his pants. Look at him for a second, then smirk a little, shake your head and walk away.

When he mentions it, tell him you are just teasing and he should quit be so super sensitive.

^^^ this. Love it.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

Thank goodness your eggs are all dried up!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Ignore your husband.

Pregnancy isn't about how you look so much, obviously it's important....but don't go limiting yourself in calories and nutrients your baby needs to grow.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    He has a nasty streak- playing on your vulnerability.
    I don't care how good looking he might be - that behaviour is UGLY.
    You will always be beautiful if you are a kind and happy person.
    Enjoy your pregnancy and your beautiful little baby!
  • susieqq62
    susieqq62 Posts: 11
    Options
    Honey--i am so sorry that your husband has no respect for your feelings..I hate men like that and I think you should GET RID OF HIM..Kick his Butt to the curb..I know that you are pregnant and it is hard=this man is only gonna make you paranoid and your self esteem will be lower--You need to stay positive and think about yourself and the Baby.. I am so glad that I have a wonderful Hubby.. He loved me when i was 448 lbs and now he loves me afte i have lost almost 250 lbs--thats realy love..Too many people are so judgemental in this world..I pray that people learn to take the speck ou their own eyes before they judge others..Only God has the right to Judge.. Hugs and Prayers Dear--I wish you the Best..SusieQ from PA
  • dmartinez1307
    Options
    I am 21, 5'4, weighing in at 220 pounds ???? I am currently taking in around 1000-1100 calories a day and needing to start my running and HIIT! Any suggestions!?! I plan on losing 60+ pounds in 5-6 months! Is it do-able!?! Please help me
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Oh brother.

This is awful!!!

Also, if anyone suggested violence I want to say violence is never ok.

Anyway. Op is probably gone, if not a troll. But, go see a counselor, not mfp forums.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Im totally frustrated with my husband. Im 20 weeks pregnant, i gained 5-6 pounds since i got pregnant (started at 123 lb now 128-129 for 5'8). I dont think i am fat, and i actually enjoy my pregnancy body, i dont feel like the rest of my body changed, beside bigger boubs and belly bump.
    I am slight straight apple shape, but it never been an issue for me, i actually always liked my body, and always used to get compliments. My self esteem just dropped, even before getting pregnant, if i gain a pound or two, he will try to pinch on my waist or if i am naked he will tell me to look athim, stare at my belly/waist, for a little while, and i am juststanding therenaked , waiting/hoping for a compliment and he will say nothing. I f i ask him, he will just sigh and say: "nothing".

When i tried bringing it up, that it bothers me, he just turns the whole thing into a joke, saying, " im just teasing you are being super sensitive" or that i should know that he adores my body and that i used to model before so i shouldnt even question how attractive i am.
    But i dont want to be attractive to others or to fashionmagazine or to other men, i want my own husband to compliment my body to not only pick on it.

Since i became pregnant, of course iam only getting thicker around my waist and my belly, so its getting worse. Today after athe silly fight, he tried making up with me, and he came over saying : well i am sorry my little whale, you actually not a whale, you were shaped as a tennis racket, now you look like a frog,....tahnk god you are pregnant of boy not a girl"
    I just lost it, and started crying, he said come one im teasing you, and then decided thag i was jusg being dramatic and continued toact like nothkng was going on.
    I cant even imagine how hard on me he is going tobe when i will gain more weight, orwill my body will change after the baby is born, what if im not stick skinny right away, or if I got stretch marks, or if my boubs saggs!
    I really dont know what to do, it makes me want to stop eatkng completly so i wont gain another pound!!
    Im sorry for the hormonal rant but i feel like im losign it and i dont know what to do anymore.

Why do you stick with such a guy?
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I am 21, 5'4, weighing in at 220 pounds ???? I am currently taking in around 1000-1100 calories a day and needing to start my running and HIIT! Any suggestions!?! I plan on losing 60+ pounds in 5-6 months! Is it do-able!?! Please help me

You should start your own new topic thread otherwise you're threadjacking the original poster's thread about what her husband says to her. A post like this buried in a thread about a different topic isn't likely to get you that many responses, so please start your own thread. :wink:
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I really dont know what to do...
    Uh huh... I see...
  • morehealthymatt
    morehealthymatt Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    guess I'll be the jerk and play devil's advocate...so was he a shallow jerk when you married him? Did he continue to act like a shallow jerk after you were married? Did he tease people with you based on how they looked and nothing else? I'm guessing you knew what he was like when you married him.

You indicate that you were/are a model. Is he also in the industry in some manner? Does he model or work with model's regularly?

remember, we're only getting one side of the story here. He may have a totally different take on the situation and you're looking for goblins where non really exist or at least not to the extent you think they do. Is he acting toward you the same way he has always and you didn't mind, but it's just now that your pregnant (hormonal), body changing, feeling insecure, etc., so he is having a tough time adjusting so quickly to your changing body and mindset?

Like I said, just playing devil's advocate. Sounds like this guy may have been a jerk way before you became pregnant.

2 sides to every story.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I hope OP finds what she needs
  • cashcash12
    cashcash12 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    He has a nasty streak- playing on your vulnerability.
    I don't care how good looking he might be - that behaviour is UGLY.
    You will always be beautiful if you are a kind and happy person.
    Enjoy your pregnancy and your beautiful little baby!

Awesome
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Happily, your priorities are about to change. Focus on doing what's right for the baby (inside you, not the one you live with). Sorry about the husband, he sounds like a prick.

So agree! He does not realize how fortunate he is to have you and his future child! Put a stop to this behavior, NOW!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: