Twelve year old nephew stronger than 30 yo boyfriend??

Options

Replies

• No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    a 12 year old should only be beating a 30 year old at video games lol
  • Bult816
    Bult816 Posts: 4
    Options
    If your boyfriend isn't an active person who goes to the gym, lifts weight and or does anything physically strenuous, then yeah, he should probably get beat by a 12 year old. That 12 year old probably has about 105 lbs of lean muscle while your boyfriend probably has 100. If he is embarrassed over it, and probably should be assuming he is a fit competitive person, he should start eating healthier, go to the gym, and get stronger. Nothing more motivating than getting embarrased by a 12 year old.

That being said, most of those things you mentioned favor lean people. Pull-Ups, and Push-Ups, sit-ups all favor lean people, so getting beat at those wouldn't necessarily be terrible. I remember when I was 12 I could do a heck of a lot of all those things. Arm-Wrestling should easily be won by a 30 year old. Wrestling is another specialized thing that lends itself to anyone who trains for it. The truth is though, your boyfriend probably has some work to do if he was getting beat at everything. Tell him to use it as motivation if he wants to change. go to the gym and think of that 12 year old little punk kid every time he trains. Should do wonders.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    This was funny! A total troll but hysterical. Thank you! I'm in MA including BJJ. I'm Ok at the BJJ and good at kickboxing. I call BS on a 12 pre-pubescent boy out wrestling a grown man. I'm calling BS on the arm wrestling too. We have a lot of kids. 12 yr olds do not have a fully developed CNS. They haven't' got any testosterone to speak of either. There aren't any 12 yr olds that are strong enough to take a grown man to the mat in any school I've ever attended. Not even the higher ranking ones. They are simply too weak period.

I'll buy the calisthenics due to lighter body weight as others have said.

It's the underdeveloped central nervous system and lack of musculature in a 12 yr old not size. We have a 70 yr old female Judo instructor who flings big ole guys around like children. As a master in 3 styles she has insane reflexes ,technique and speed from YEARS of practice. A 12 yr old hasn't been around that long! If this story is true I suggest your boyfriend see a neurologist. Something is terribly wrong.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    OP there's a quote button.....

Hah! I used the quote button! Thanks

but but but......how does it work?
    i have absolutely no idea

Oh, the derp.

what does derp mean?
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    My nephew beat my boyfriend wrestling, arm-wrestling, and did more sit-ups, push-ups and pull-ups. My boyfriend trying hard to win and almost cried he was so embarrassed afterward.

My nephew is only 115 lbs and my boyfriend 155ish, but my nephew plays sports and is athletic while my boyfriend just exercises. Is this normal? Is my boyfriend just weak, or is my nephew just strong for his age and size because he plays sports?

your boyfriend is a hipster, right?

if so, then no. this is normal for hipsters. absence of muscle is how they fit into those skinny jeans. :tongue:

:laugh:
  • Leslien25
    Leslien25 Posts: 46
    Options
    This was funny! A total troll but hysterical. Thank you! I'm in MA including BJJ. I'm Ok at the BJJ and good at kickboxing. I call BS on a 12 pre-pubescent boy out wrestling a grown man. I'm calling BS on the arm wrestling too. We have a lot of kids. 12 yr olds do not have a fully developed CNS. They haven't' got any testosterone to speak of either. There aren't any 12 yr olds that are strong enough to take a grown man to the mat in any school I've ever attended. Not even the higher ranking ones. They are simply too weak period.

I'll buy the calisthenics due to lighter body weight as others have said.

It's the underdeveloped central nervous system and lack of musculature in a 12 yr old not size. We have a 70 yr old female Judo instructor who flings big ole guys around like children. As a master in 3 styles she has insane reflexes ,technique and speed from YEARS of practice. A 12 yr old hasn't been around that long! If this story is true I suggest your boyfriend see a neurologist. Something is terribly wrong.

No, He beat him. It was a competitive wrestling match. It turns out my nephew is a wrestler. Now that I have thought about it, I find the question I asked silly. My boyfriend was at a huge disadvantage:

My nephew's attributes: My nephew wrestles, so he is athletic and stronger than most kids his size and age, he has better center of gravity, he is quicker, he probably has more energy. Oh, he has an incredibly strong upper body, he has more wrestling experience, technique and skill, toughness, he does whatever strength training his coach has him do...

My boyfriend's attributes: he's 35ish lbs bigger...

My boyfriend being at those disadvantages I conclude it is logical he lost, as my nephew is not the average 12 year old as you indicate. Genetics, proper training, experience...make the exception and I guess the exception is more common than people my think

Your simple name calling of "troll" and quick conclusion calling me and my post "fake" proves your ignorance. I will ignore you now. Oh, there is nothing medically wrong with my boyfriend. You're just too narrow minded to see out side of your little circle.

:smile:
  • Leslien25
    Options
    Ignored. :laugh:
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Genetics do not apply to a situation of a 12 year old beating a 30 year old unless the 12 year old is some hybrid dragon-man creature. Your boyfriend is weak and needs to workout. He should be completely and utterly humiliated for how weak he is.
  • Granada88
    Granada88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    ...and what is not normal in that? maybe he is not into sport so much....every one is different.... I feel sorry for your boyfriend, not because he lost against your nephew but because you write this things about him behind his back to the public....what answer do you expect?? :-D

And, how's his mental strength? He actually may be physically stronger....but, lacking in mental strength. Your nephew is conditioned physically....AND mentally.... to square off with opponents.
    Getting beaten by a smaller (and, should be weaker) adversary is humbling. And, not as rare as you may think.

When he started to lose ground, he started thinking about it....he started thinking he'll lose. And, thus....he did.

And also...you possibly might want to think of your boyfriend's situation...instead of yours. What's more important...your boyfriend winning, or your boyfriend, period? If your answer is the latter, then this whole conversation is moot.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Genetics do not apply to a situation of a 12 year old beating a 30 year old unless the 12 year old is some hybrid dragon-man creature. Your boyfriend is weak and needs to workout. He should be completely and utterly humiliated for how weak he is.

There are some big 12 yr olds out there (e.g. Rain Slater at 6'3 245 when he was 12).

Also, average men are apparently quite weak. It's not that surprising that a trained 12-yr old could beat a sedentary 30 yr old. Especially if the 30-yr guy doesn't have an athletic background. Someone who has never really been in an intense physical situation probably doesn't know how to get his head in the game.
  • ElizabethElane
    ElizabethElane Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'll just leave this pretty picture here...no reason.

Pansy_large.gif

It's normal sometimes for someone younger to be stout! Don't worry to much!!! But ah....maybe your boyfriend should do some weight training!
  • Leslien25
    Options
    I found something interesting researching youtube. Check these videos out below. They are kids, around 12 and 13 doing well against adults bjj and wrestling. And I asked my nephew how long he'd been wrestling and doing mma and said since he was like 10. I don't see him but during spring time and Thanksgiving, so I had no clue!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPvFyzX5Lhs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR5aKzzKs2c&list=PL57940DBDF4FC86BE&index=36
  • Leslien25
    Options

He isn't athletic but physically weak...I doubt it now. My nephew was more of an athlete than I knew and wrestles for his school.
  • uconnwinsnc
    Options

There are some big 12 yr olds out there (e.g. Rain Slater at 6'3 245 when he was 12).

Also, average men are apparently quite weak. It's not that surprising that a trained 12-yr old could beat a sedentary 30 yr old. Especially if the 30-yr guy doesn't have an athletic background. Someone who has never really been in an intense physical situation probably doesn't know how to get his head in the game.

One of my biggest reasons I wanted to change was because I was 21 and had some 15 year olds punish me in the post in basketball because I was fat and weak. Doesn't happen anymore now that I am turning 23. Phew.
  • uconnwinsnc
    Options

He isn't athletic but physically weak...I doubt it now. My nephew was more of an athlete than I knew and wrestles for his school.

Are you make excuses for your boyfriend, trying to embarrass him, or trying to brag about your nephew? I are confuzzed.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend eats pretty healthy: fruits, vegetables and whole grains. he does eat meat, greasy food every now and then.
    I'm trying to figure out what this has to do with being strong or weak.
  • tessi1993
    tessi1993 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    excuse me if im wrong.. but if you actually love your boyfriend why do you care? does he treat you well? jeez leave him alone.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    This thread just will not die.... :laugh:
  • Leslien25
    Options
    My boyfriend eats pretty healthy: fruits, vegetables and whole grains. he does eat meat, greasy food every now and then.
    I'm trying to figure out what this has to do with being strong or weak.

Someone asked me what I thought my boyfriend ate daily. If a person doesn't consume enough calories they would be weak from it. Not my boyfriend's problem...he eats pretty well.
  • Leslien25
    Options
    This thread just will not die.... :laugh:

If you don't like this thread, and your intentions are to ruin this thread with middle schoolish behavior and insults, why do you come here. Why is it your hope this thread dies. You just ignore this thread, but obviously something about it excites you and it isn't the topic. Its like being on a play ground where the person who thinks he is the funniest person bull's (cyberbullies in this case) and his horde of followers go along with it.

I'm confused:ohwell: