Is it okay to "flaunt"?

Options

Replies

• Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    Options
    I would say this part is threatening that she should not do it " then there WILL BE a problem and further discord.." NOt sure how you really can't see that. Also when you capitalize WILL BE it makes me think that if your wife/girlfriend/mother dressed in a way you didn't want, and then after talking to you about it she went and kept dressing that way you would beat her. But that's just what I get from what you so elegantly wrote.

It really isn't about the OP, it's about your respect for women in general, that is the problem, because what you say here really has nothing to do with the OP, since you aren't her husband.

Oh and this new one is hilarious too "in direct defiance of their opinion" I get it your king of the castle and what you say goes or off with their head.

Wow, you really took a few liberties there, eh? :laugh:

Yep, directly threatening. Because, I'm totally in any position to threaten? :huh:

I can guarantee you that my respect for women is of the highest standards. My momma didn't raise me not to be a gentleman, and to insinuate otherwise is a personal attack. To suggest I would ever condone physical violence against any woman is pretty big of you, too. There's no place for that here, I won't stoop to that level.

Off with their head? :huh: It's nothing but proper English, man.

Strong thread hijacking game though.
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    I read through a lot of these and sorry if I repeat something, but I say "be you". If you look good to you, then wear it. That being said, don't intentionally try to "show up" your friend. BUT, having read your post, I can tell you aren't the type of person to do that anyway. So, be you, love. If you are comfortable in it and feel good, wear it. Maybe your husband is a tad insecure or thinks maybe other guys will look? I don't know bc I don't know you....just me making assumptions. But definitely talk to him about it.

Good luck to you <3
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Honor and obey. Did we all forget our marriage vows? If my hubby says no to something I'm wearing because it bothers him, I'll go change into something less sexy. If you love your SO, you shouldn't be flaunting to other guys, plain and simple.

Sorry, were you there when I said my marriage vows? Because there was nothing about obeying.

Well I sure as hell did! She didn't tell me there were other options! She just said, "Say this, dummy..."
    Where were you people 5 years ago!
    giphy.gif
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Honor and obey. Did we all forget our marriage vows? If my hubby says no to something I'm wearing because it bothers him, I'll go change into something less sexy. If you love your SO, you shouldn't be flaunting to other guys, plain and simple.

Not all of us vowed to "obey" our husbands. That word was absolutely NOT in my marriage vows...
  • DJ7203
    DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
    Options

Sorry, were you there when I said my marriage vows? Because there was nothing about obeying.

Well I sure as hell did! She didn't tell me there were other options! She just said, "Say this, dummy..."
    giphy.gif

Dying! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I think your husband just doesn't want other men to see so much of you lol, nothing to do with making his friends wife jealous.

You can wear what you want and if your feel it's appropriate for whatever the situation is it's your call, you're an adult and can make up your own mind what to wear.

Stuff what other people might be feeling insecure, it's upto them to feel good about themselves, not you!!
  • Losing75byDecember
    Losing75byDecember Posts: 104 Member
    Options

Like hell I made a marriage vow to "obey."

I could care less. All I know is, I honor and obey my man no matter what he says. He wants dinner on the table as soon as he walks in from work and if that's what my Baby wants, that's what my Baby gets. :)
  • DJ7203
    Options

I could care less. All I know is, I honor and obey my man no matter what he says. He wants dinner on the table as soon as he walks in from work and if that's what my Baby wants, that's what my Baby gets. :)

Awww, you sound like the best wife to ever live. :flowerforyou:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

giphy.gif

I said the same thing to Bad Example... obey he does.
  • Losing75byDecember
    Losing75byDecember Posts: 104 Member
    Options

Awww, you sound like the best wife to ever live. :flowerforyou:

Thank you DJ. That's very nice of you to say. Going to send you a friend request. :)
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

So you do care? Aww, thanks girl!

Well, not sure why you'd ask a question and not expect answers! Rhetorical devices don't really work when they're specific only to you :wink:

I make sure dinner's ready for my husband, too! Luckily, I do it because I love him and want to take care of him, not because he ordered me to do it. :drinker:
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options

Oh... I see... you're being sarcastic. Right???
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    jean-short-shorts.jpg

Would wear.

Have worn many a time at the ripe old age of 33 :tongue:

It is a cute, sexy outfit appropriate for several occasions; however, not ALL occasions. Knowing when and where to wear something is apart of being an adult.

I don't think anyone was saying that this was appropriate for attending a wedding. Just saying....

That was the point of the post whether short shorts and a crop top were appropriate to wear to her husband's friend's BBQ. just saying... IMO No, unless they were gearing up for a wife swap. :laugh:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

you honor and obey him NO MATTER WHAT HE SAYS.

you just said that right there.

It's one thing to be in a "biblical" relationship with those words- it's another to say "no matter what".

and it's okay to want that in your life- but i'ts not okay to a.) assume that everyone wants that and b. to make it completely unconditional.

People can be wrong- they are fallible. You do your best in YOUR roll- but the reality is he's going to make a mistake and be wrong- and you'll have followed him blindly for it- and that's wrong.

Besides- blindly following someone for no good reason is just illogical. Perhaps your baby should be more intent on making dinner for you and treating you better instead of you hand and footing on him.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

This ginger never said obey. Besides he knows if he crosses me I will eat his soul.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

You could care less? How much more could you care less?
  • smiffyatveronnav
    smiffyatveronnav Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 60something and my view is that everyone should be able to dress as they themselves want to dress. I'm not a fan of 'dressing appropriately'. Neither am I fan of dressing your age. You dress as you want to, and put two fingers up to anyone who doesn't like it. I am all for individuality. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :happy:
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I would say this part is threatening that she should not do it " then there WILL BE a problem and further discord.." NOt sure how you really can't see that. Also when you capitalize WILL BE it makes me think that if your wife/girlfriend/mother dressed in a way you didn't want, and then after talking to you about it she went and kept dressing that way you would beat her. But that's just what I get from what you so elegantly wrote.

It really isn't about the OP, it's about your respect for women in general, that is the problem, because what you say here really has nothing to do with the OP, since you aren't her husband.

Oh and this new one is hilarious too "in direct defiance of their opinion" I get it your king of the castle and what you say goes or off with their head.

Wow, you really took a few liberties there, eh? :laugh:

Yep, directly threatening. Because, I'm totally in any position to threaten? :huh:

I can guarantee you that my respect for women is of the highest standards. My momma didn't raise me not to be a gentleman, and to insinuate otherwise is a personal attack. To suggest I would ever condone physical violence against any woman is pretty big of you, too. There's no place for that here, I won't stoop to that level.

Off with their head? :huh: It's nothing but proper English, man.

Strong thread hijacking game though.

Didn't take any liberties, just took what you read as a threat that if somebody was in defiance of The Great Orion, that there WILL BE a problem and further discord that is probably going to involve a three star belt.
  • DJ7203
    Options
    jean-short-shorts.jpg

Would wear.

Have worn many a time at the ripe old age of 33 :tongue:

It is a cute, sexy outfit appropriate for several occasions; however, not ALL occasions. Knowing when and where to wear something is apart of being an adult.

I don't think anyone was saying that this was appropriate for attending a wedding. Just saying....

That was the point of the post whether short shorts and a crop top were appropriate to wear to her husband's friend's BBQ. just saying... IMO No, unless they were gearing up for a wife swap. :laugh:

Now see to me, this would be fine to wear to an outdoor event like a BBQ. Especially in FL.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    My personal rule-if kids are present, cover up (my nieces have never seen me in low cut tops or high rise shorts). Id keel over dead ifi saw them dress like that so i dont do it around them.

However-if its an adult gathering i wear whatever i damn well please. As soon as someone else starts buying my clothes they can tell me what i should or should not wear. The end. Period. You dont pay my bills, you dont tell me what i can or cant do. That being said, i think we can all agree that pasties and a thong is not appropriate garb ;) shorts and a short top (btw-when did midriff come back? Can i wear scrunchies again yet? Or acid wash?) Is fine