Is it okay to "flaunt"?

Options

Replies

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Honor and obey. Did we all forget our marriage vows? If my hubby says no to something I'm wearing because it bothers him, I'll go change into something less sexy. If you love your SO, you shouldn't be flaunting to other guys, plain and simple.

Sorry, were you there when I said my marriage vows? Because there was nothing about obeying.
  • DJ7203
    DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
    Options

I love the outfit on the bottom! Whoever that is, they are rocking it! :love:

They look great in it, I agree, but not for a friend's bbq. Maybe for a night out with your girls at the beach.

Depends on the friends. Maybe there would be more women dressed like this at the bbq. We can't assume. There is no guideline that says this outfit is only for parties, this one only for family reunions, this one only for bbqs. Everyone is different & what is & isn't appropriate varies from person to person.
  • DJ7203
    Options
    Honor and obey. Did we all forget our marriage vows? If my hubby says no to something I'm wearing because it bothers him, I'll go change into something less sexy. If you love your SO, you shouldn't be flaunting to other guys, plain and simple.

Sorry, were you there when I said my marriage vows? Because there was nothing about obeying.

I don't remember saying any of the above :laugh:
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options

Here you go

"His opinion and his alone marks the difference. If OP decides to continue wearing this in opposition to her husband's feelings about it, then there WILL BE a problem and further discord.."

So it's unreasonable to think that your mate would be upset and it cause further problems if you continued in direct defiance of their opinion without at least having a conversation about it?

In no way did that statement imply that she should just "not do it". Contextual reading reveals that as the OP has now stated, communication was key and a discussion should be had before anyone did anything rash.

Nice try! :drinker:

I would say this part is threatening that she should not do it " then there WILL BE a problem and further discord.." NOt sure how you really can't see that. Also when you capitalize WILL BE it makes me think that if your wife/girlfriend/mother dressed in a way you didn't want, and then after talking to you about it she went and kept dressing that way you would beat her. But that's just what I get from what you so elegantly wrote.

It really isn't about the OP, it's about your respect for women in general, that is the problem, because what you say here really has nothing to do with the OP, since you aren't her husband.

Oh and this new one is hilarious too "in direct defiance of their opinion" I get it your king of the castle and what you say goes or off with their head.
  • MissLeelooDallas
    MissLeelooDallas Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'll put it bluntly and to the point, grow the hell up. You wore it to show off and get attention and most likely to make your husband jealous! This isn't reality TV!!!

Said by someone who didn't even bother looking at the outfit and just wanted to come in here and say something nasty.

Not nasty, I just tell it as I see it. Like why even post what she did? Just looking for the attention. And BTW, you have gorgeous legs! :)

Wait, weren't you leaving, as you announced in a topic that clearly wasn't attention-seeking at all?

Hmm hmm... I posted the topic to get honest opinions, not to get attention but w/e. The only reason I put up photos was because several people wanted a reference to better provide insight.

Don't mistake me for that poster! I don't think you were attention-seeking; however, the person who accused you of doing so appears to be projecting :wink:

I just edited that last response to clarify :happy:

Thanks for the support!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    2ezgwif.gif

Bahahahahaha, I love you. I vow to always obey you, even if that means denying that I am an autonomous being to help your sensitive ego.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    jean-short-shorts.jpg

Would wear.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    jean-short-shorts.jpg

Would wear.

Rhymes with slore....

:love: :love: :love:
  • DJ7203
    Options
    jean-short-shorts.jpg

Would wear.

Have worn many a time at the ripe old age of 33 :tongue:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Don't mistake me for that poster! I don't think you were attention-seeking; however, the person who accused you of doing so appears to be projecting :wink:
    90% of people who are on this site are attention seeking.......or they wouldn't have certain pictures or ask others for their advice.

As an aside, since there seems to be some tangents all over this thread, attention-seeking is actually pretty natural. It's not a bad thing to look for attention, whether it's just an answer to a question or an acknowledgement, or simply conversing with others.

"Attention-seeking" gets labeled as some sort of weird negative, when it's actually inherent and much more encompassing of behavior than people think. You just did it. I'm doing it by writing and expecting someone to read this. Etc. etc.

The issue is when people either abuse attention (doing harmful or deceptive things for it, for example), or conversely, begin punishing others for behaviors they don't agree with under the guise of "Well, they just want attention!"
  • Achrya
    Options
    jean-short-shorts.jpg

Would wear.

Rhymes with slore....

:love: :love: :love:

Heh.

Not even ashamed. And, I should add, my husband would happily walk beside me (or maybe behind me.) in said outfit.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options

90% of people who are on this site are attention seeking.......or they wouldn't have certain pictures or ask others for their advice.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA (pause to catch breath) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA>

Bingo!
  • Achrya
    Options
    jean-short-shorts.jpg

Would wear.

And why shouldn't you? You look good!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    jean-short-shorts.jpg

Would wear.

Just reverse-image searched this, and I can't find that top anywhere :(
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    jean-short-shorts.jpg

Would wear.

It is a cute, sexy outfit appropriate for several occasions; however, not ALL occasions. Knowing when and where to wear something is apart of being an adult.
  • Achrya
    Options
    jean-short-shorts.jpg

Would wear.

Just reverse-image searched this, and I can't find that top anywhere :(

Well shet. /kicks rocks
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    We apparently have diametrically opposed views of how marriage works, because when I get married, I hope that my wife and I understand one another well enough to know that when we disagree on something, we'll work together to resolve it. It might not happen straight away, but we'll work at it. I hope I'm never married to a person who says "Screw it, I'm me and deal with it" and rather says "I have opinions, but I value yours, too. How can we both compromise here?"
    I don't think you're going to be very successful in marriage then. Not everything needs to be a committee meeting. Some things get to be unilateral decisions. One of the rules I got from my counselor (and I keep them posted on my fridge so I see them every day) is "When an issue is unresolvable, thou shalt agree to disagree." And I would add as a corollary, if the issue isn't one in which you deserve to have a say (like how someone dresses), thou shalt shut the mother eff up and keep your opinion to yourself. There's a difference between sharing your life with someone and losing your individual identity.

My husband has a lime green pokemon shirt he happily wears in public (And let's be clear, I hate that shirt, but I have never told him not to wear it because he's a grown *kitten* man).

So no, I don't respect his opinion when it comes to what I wear outside. I didn't marry him thinking I'd ever take his input on my clothes and he didn't marry me thinking he'd get input.

There's NOTHING wrong with Pokemon (wipes tear from eye, angrily) NOTHING!!!
  • DJ7203
    Options
    jean-short-shorts.jpg

Would wear.

And why shouldn't you? You look good!

Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Here's something I haven't had to deal with in a long time, but hear me out please..

In high school (late 90's-early 00's for me), I was fit and happy. I wore the 'trendy' styles that I liked such as bare midriffs and daisy dukes and never thought twice about it. I was 5'3" and 118lbs in high school. Currently I'm 5'3" and 100-102lbs.

This weekend proved to have top notch weather, so I went out and bought a pair of short shorts from Target. For the record, these shorts don't show crack or butt, though they are short. I put them on and popped on a top that showed about an inch of midriff. Sadly, this was met with disapproval by my husband. I love my husband and he is a good person with good intentions. The situation was that we were going to go walking downtown and hit up a bar or two with patios. We were then going to go to a party being thrown by a friend of his and that friend's wife. He informed me that he thought it would look like I was 'showing off' and that it could make his friend's wife jealous. That being said, I now feel iffy about what I should or shouldn't wear around people. Does it just come off cocky or rude to dress in a skimpy fashion in the summer months? To be a little more specific.. when dressing that way around friends who may not be in as good of shape as you make you an insensitive jerk?

I'm not trying to throw my husband under the bus or anything. I think he may have a point and I don't want to upset anyone or make them feel less confident. I also want to enjoy my own rediscovered confidence though..

You can do whatever you want but what you won't be able to do is control other people's reactions. Some will be positive and others not. If you're okay with that then go for it.
  • DJ7203
    Options
    jean-short-shorts.jpg

Would wear.

It is a cute, sexy outfit appropriate for several occasions; however, not ALL occasions. Knowing when and where to wear something is apart of being an adult.

I don't think anyone was saying that this was appropriate for attending a wedding. Just saying....