Does my morning coffee count

Options

Replies

• RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I add my coffee and tea into my food log. not water as it does have calories.

my original post apparently I attacked people hmm..
    OMG

No one said you attacked anyone in your original post. But I'm starting to see the problem here.
    you did good bye
    Please quote where this was said, regarding your original post.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    WATER. is WATER.

Water in veg, fruit, non-caffeinated drinks contribute to your daily hydration, put keep it SIMPLE :

Water. is WATER ;)

I am to drink TWO 32 oz. tumblers of water per day. More if I'm working out / sweating. I keep it with me at all times.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

OMG

No one said you attacked anyone in your original post. But I'm starting to see the problem here.
    you did good bye
    I think either she's not actually reading posts thoroughly or she isn't comprehending them. Regardless, continuing to argue with someone who is claiming over and over that people said things they didn't isn't really worth the energy.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Does my morning coffee count as water drank?

No because even though coffee has water in it, it still dehydrates you.
  • mishtery
    mishtery Posts: 148
    Options

OMG

you did good bye
    I've just worked out how to block a person I can't see it now.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    Options

OMG

you did good bye
    I've just worked out how to block a person I can't see it now.
    What an amazing coincidence.
  • mishtery
    mishtery Posts: 148
    Options
    I havent been on long had to go through another forum to find out how to block. Believe whatever you want to but this topic has gone off track and really I am not putting up with personal attacks. Im out.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I havent been on long had to go through another forum to find out how to block. Believe whatever you want to but this topic has gone off track and really I am not putting up with personal attacks. Im out.
    I bet she can't quote where she was personally attacked, either. But I can quote several places where she personally attacked not just me but others and the community as a whole.

What a lovely lady. And she's a nurse. Sad.
  • JoshTheGiant
    JoshTheGiant Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I log my coffee separate from my water. Coffee has calories, water does not.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    Options
    Is it your belief that the calories interfere with the your body's ability to derive hydration from the water in coffee?
  • katherineduweck
    katherineduweck Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    NO IT DOESNT. Coffee, even though it has water in it, dehydrates you.

All the information I've read agrees that coffee dehydrates you.
    I usually drink 4oz water after my coffee to nix the dehydration factor that I don't even log in my daily water consumption.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    Options
    NO IT DOESNT. Coffee, even though it has water in it, dehydrates you.

All the information I've read agrees that coffee dehydrated you.
    I usually drink 4oz water after my coffee to nix the dehydration factor that I don't even log in my daily water consumption.
    Multiple sources linked in this very thread disagree with the notion that coffee dehydrates you, with scientific studies to back up the disagreement. Because they're already in this thread, I trust you can go through and find them, rather than needing to have them linked again.
  • MinimizingMichelle
    MinimizingMichelle Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I don't count it is water. Caffeine is a diuretic and a stimulant and the point of tracking water is for hydration purposes, so I think I am better off not counting it as water.

BINGO!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,943 Member
    Options
    Is it your belief that the calories interfere with the your body's ability to derive hydration from the water in coffee?
    12 million Americans believe lizard people control politics, so yeah it's possible that this 1 person believes that calories interfere with the bodies hydration metabolism. Oh wait, there's more than one.....maybe it's true.
  • itsnikki
    itsnikki Posts: 4
    Options
    I don't count it is water. Caffeine is a diuretic and a stimulant and the point of tracking water is for hydration purposes, so I think I am better off not counting it as water.
    That's my thought. Black, decaf... decaf/ herbal tea.. sure.
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options

I do the same. I like being able to easily track my water intake.
  • them_and_me
    them_and_me Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I had heard that Weight Watchers started allowing coffee and tea to be logged as water. I've never used WW and this could be total BS, but there it is.

Context is needed, if you're trying to hit your water intake goals by drinking mainly coffee or tea you're most likely not hydrating your body as much as good ol' plain water will do. But really, the question is - do you feel hydrated? There's so much controversy on how much water we should actually drink that I don't think it really matters what you log if you're constantly dehyrated. Ammirite?
  • MichaelManuelSoriano
    Options
    yes
  • MichaelManuelSoriano
    Options
    yep:happy:
  • 120by30
    120by30 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Drinks with caffeine in them don't dehydrate you enough to negate the water you took in. Need proof? I'm still alive and kickin'. I don't drink very much plain water. Honestly, the only time I drink plain water is when I need to drink a lot at one time to take a large pill. Hopefully this won't take the thread in a completely different direction, but most of what I drink is caffeinated and I stay adequately hydrated.