1234568»

Replies

• tammyalwan
    Options
    That sounds yummy! I will be trying it:smile:
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I've done it and it's greaaaat! You can do the same with sugar free brownies, but I recommend only using half the can of soda for that, it stays too gooey otherwise.

You can do this with brownies too! I am so excited!

Tried Spite Zero and Chocolate Cake, Strawberry Cake and Sprite Zero, and White Cake with Diet Crush...all very yummy!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Opps..posted twice
  • edenscage
    Options
    Sounds good but I'm gluten free is there and alternative? lol Thanks.
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    Sounds good but I'm gluten free is there and alternative? lol Thanks.

I am gluten free also - and I just buy a gluten free cake mix from my grocery store. I can't remember the brand. other that that it works the same, and tastes great!!!
  • ciouid
    ciouid Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I decided to try it with a regular ginger ale (not diet) and the white cake mix because I thought I might be able to get a sort of pumpkin spice flavour without the pumpkin. I added some cinnamon and nutmeg to the cake mix. The flavour wasn't bad (almost like a plain doughnut).

You don't have to use diet drinks, you can use regular they just add a few more calories but compared to a few eggs and oil I think you'd still be saving.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    any flavor cake with a diet drink of our choice? and it bakeswell? Mmmmmm I'm in!

what about this pineapple cake with crushed pineapples I read about! does that bake well and evenly?

Thanks for this recipe were going to try it! my kids are going to think this is so cool! ;)
    It bakes well - but don't try and do a pinapple upside down cake version lol it won't flip over pretty. Maybe I just didn't wait long enough for it to cool. Either way, next time I'll jut throw in the crushed pinapple instead. The cake was SO moist, almost like a brownie consistancy but it was cake! mmmmmmmm makes me want some now. :tongue:
  • cakenedith2
    cakenedith2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I make the diet soda cake pretty often. My huband loves it! I find that adding 2 egg whites to the mix with the soda will give the cake a better texture. I used to follow baking instruction on cake box, but then the cake was coming out dry. Now, I only bake the cake for 20 minutes and it's perfect! I have figured( with the recipe calculator), 164 calories and 3 grams of fat for 1/12 of a 9x13 size cake.
    Sorry if I'm repeating anything previously mentioned before. This thread is super long and I skipped the chemicals in soda threads..

Yum!!!!
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!

I only ever eat the diet pop cakes now. (Or the pumpking+ spice cakes. mmmm)

We hardly have cakes but for birthdays and stuff I make them like this and no one knows the difference. teehee!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!

I only ever eat the diet pop cakes now. (Or the pumpking+ spice cakes. mmmm)

We hardly have cakes but for birthdays and stuff I make them like this and no one knows the difference. teehee!
    :indifferent: They do now. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • busymom74
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • busymom74
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • busymom74
    Options
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have made the pumpkin cake using yellow cake mix and it was delicious, didn't need icing or anything either.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I will continue to spread the word of Good health over counting calories to lose weight.

Good health is PRICELESS.

I know I am doing what I am supposed to be doing in life. I have gotten a couple of emails from other MFP members that Thanked me for putting this out here and how them cleaning up their eating plan has improved other health ailments and aches and pains in the body.

Have you ever heard the phrase, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink"? Well, I'm not insinuating the people on here are horses, (I like the diet pop cake myself) but the thing is you've brought "the word of Good health" to the people on this thread but you can't make them practice that life style if they don't want to. As far as counting calories to lose weight goes, there are plenty of people on this site that have been very successful at reaching their goal weight and maintaining it by doing just that along with exercise. That being said, I'm sincerely glad the lifestyle you choose is working so wonderfully for you. God bless you. :flowerforyou: