Why do people seem to bash "healthy"eating?

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    deleted

Subway is garbage food, huh?
    Meat, cheese, vegetables.................omg the HORROR............we might as well become breathatarians

:) The green roast beef they tried to serve me (which I refused) and the vomiting that ensued the last 2 times I ate there would tell me that yes.. for me subway is garbage. You however may carry on eating it if you choose to do so. Because ya know.. It's a free country. :drinker:

Mmhmm
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    deleted

Meat, cheese, vegetables.................omg the HORROR............we might as well become breathatarians

But the air is full of toxins.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    deleted

rage-quit.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    on a burrito bowl being bad what could be more satiating than lean meats, beans, fresh cut veggies and/or lightly sauteed peppers?

You aren't required to put that other garbage that jof puts on his...

LOL

For the record, I omit the beans...but add guacamole and extra steak. I prefer it with a full grown-up bag of chips (4 oz), and did that frequently when bulking, but I'm just at maintenance now and while I *could* make it work, there are some other foods I eat instead to hit a few more of my micros. (I do still occasionally have a kid-sized bag of chips (1 oz).)

(Yeah, imagine that...an IIFYM guy hitting his micros. What an incredibly rare thing this is...(but not really).)

ETA: Oh, and white rice or GTFO! (Brown rice...pshaw!)

I actually prefer the cilantro lime white rice at Qdoba but was using brown rice for the example just to nip the "all white food is the debil unless it is cauliflower" argument in the bud...

I would have gone with white rice in the example even if my personal preference was brown rice because I refuse to perpetuate the BS nutrition myths like this about rice. Besides, white rice is delicious...and brown rice, well, not so much...and I can get my insoluble fiber from somewhere else (assuming I need any more).
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,645 Member
    I would have gone with white rice in the example even if my personal preference was brown rice because I refuse to perpetuate the BS nutrition myths like this about rice. Besides, white rice is delicious...and brown rice, well, not so much...and I can get my insoluble fiber from somewhere else (assuming I need any more).

harry-clapping-for-lloyd-o.gif
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    deleted

I hear tell their buns double as yoga mats :laugh:
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member

I like the texture of brown rice compared to white. Same with pasta, I much prefer the taste and texture of brown. So you can have my share of the white stuff.
    However you're not getting my white bread. I love the stuff.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    on a burrito bowl being bad what could be more satiating than lean meats, beans, fresh cut veggies and/or lightly sauteed peppers?

You aren't required to put that other garbage that jof puts on his...

LOL

For the record, I omit the beans...but add guacamole and extra steak. I prefer it with a full grown-up bag of chips (4 oz), and did that frequently when bulking, but I'm just at maintenance now and while I *could* make it work, there are some other foods I eat instead to hit a few more of my micros. (I do still occasionally have a kid-sized bag of chips (1 oz).)

(Yeah, imagine that...an IIFYM guy hitting his micros. What an incredibly rare thing this is...(but not really).)

ETA: Oh, and white rice or GTFO! (Brown rice...pshaw!)

I actually prefer the cilantro lime white rice at Qdoba but was using brown rice for the example just to nip the "all white food is the debil unless it is cauliflower" argument in the bud...

I enjoy both white and brown rice, depending on the cuisine and whether or not there is an accompanying sauce, I try not to discriminate between the two. I'm no Ricist!
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member

You do realize that people like that need help? When I was in that place, it also led to substance abuse. My husband talked me into seeing a counselor, who helped me figure out how to deal with my issues in a healthy way. People like that need professional help, not a message board. Hopefully a loved one will steer them in the right direction. Strangers in a forum aren't going to help much.

Yes, when I finish my practicum and my internship, I might be treating some of them.

Also for the record, I had a quarter pound hamburger, a cup of mashed potatoes, a large bowl of salad greens, a half cup of cheddar cheese, two tablespoons of dressing, and two sugar-free cookies for lunch. I still have 700 calories left for dinner. I feel full and happy. Now that's good eatin', as we say around here. Healthy? I don't know, but it fits my macros IYKWIM. :)

With all due respect, perhaps you should finish those things and see a patient or two IRL before trying to diagnose everyone who disagrees with you on a forum with an eating disorder. Just spitballin here.

Show me one post in which I have ever attempted to diagnose anyone. Ever. Anywhere. You won't find a single one. And please don't try to play me for a sucker--we both know that you mean no respect for anyone, but for some reason you have chosen to be aggressively nasty to me. I wasn't going to engage with you, but when you accuse me of unethical behavior, that's where I draw the line.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    deleted

rage-quit.gif

This has made coming into this thread worth it. :drinker:
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    deleted

rage-quit.gif

This has made coming into this thread worth it. :drinker:

+1

I lolled.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    So, clearly, I wasn't going to take a poll and cause drama, but I'm just going to leave this here.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1272423-soda-good-bad-or-just-ugly

I honestly wonder how many of the people with the negative responses, i.e. soda is bad, would identify as "clean" eaters. My completely unscientific guess would be many.
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297

You do realize that people like that need help? When I was in that place, it also led to substance abuse. My husband talked me into seeing a counselor, who helped me figure out how to deal with my issues in a healthy way. People like that need professional help, not a message board. Hopefully a loved one will steer them in the right direction. Strangers in a forum aren't going to help much.

Yes, when I finish my practicum and my internship, I might be treating some of them.

Also for the record, I had a quarter pound hamburger, a cup of mashed potatoes, a large bowl of salad greens, a half cup of cheddar cheese, two tablespoons of dressing, and two sugar-free cookies for lunch. I still have 700 calories left for dinner. I feel full and happy. Now that's good eatin', as we say around here. Healthy? I don't know, but it fits my macros IYKWIM. :)

With all due respect, perhaps you should finish those things and see a patient or two IRL before trying to diagnose everyone who disagrees with you on a forum with an eating disorder. Just spitballin here.

Show me one post in which I have ever attempted to diagnose anyone. Ever. Anywhere. You won't find a single one. And please don't try to play me for a sucker--we both know that you mean no respect for anyone, but for some reason you have chosen to be aggressively nasty to me. I wasn't going to engage with you, but when you accuse me of unethical behavior, that's where I draw the line.

Actually you did. Several times in this thread alone. I have no idea why you think I'm being aggressively nasty to you, but whatever. I'm actually not an aggressive person at all. I'd tell you to confirm that with some of my FL peeps in this thread, but you already called them a bunch of orthorexics so....
  • LoupGarouTFTs

Actually you did. Several times in this thread alone. I have no idea why you think I'm being aggressively nasty to you, but whatever. I'm actually not an aggressive person at all. I'd tell you to confirm that with some of my FL peeps in this thread, but you already called them a bunch of orthorexics so....

You're misinterpreting what I wrote is not the same thing as me diagnosing anything. But you know, it's funny how you perceive yourself as not being aggressively nasty to me and still have managed to turn both threads we've posted in together into being about me (or other people with whom you disagree). But then, I guess you call everyone you're not being aggressively nasty to either "delusional" or unethical? If you find me so distasteful, why not just put me on ignore?
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297

You're misinterpreting what I wrote is not the same thing as me diagnosing anything. But you know, it's funny how you perceive yourself as not being aggressively nasty to me and still have managed to turn both threads we've posted in together into being about me (or other people with whom you disagree). But then, I guess you call everyone you're not being aggressively nasty to either "delusional" or unethical? If you find me so distasteful, why not just put me on ignore?

Wait. Are you still mad because a Texan dared to call themselves a Southerner and pointed out that you were taking common words and trying to play a race card off of them? lol

I haven't put you on ignore because I don't ignore people. I don't get angry over comments on a forum. I've kinda been around the internet block a few times and have a pretty thick skin. Now if you can't handle conversing with someone who disagrees with you and employs a healthy dose of sarcasm from time to time, I'll go ahead and put you on ignore if you like. I'm sure someone else will end up calling you out when you start labeling people like you have, so you should probably get prepared or stop doing that.
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Back in
  • LoupGarouTFTs

Wait. Are you still mad because a Texan dared to call themselves a Southerner and pointed out that you were taking common words and trying to play a race card off of them? lol

I haven't put you on ignore because I don't ignore people. I don't get angry over comments on a forum. I've kinda been around the internet block a few times and have a pretty thick skin. Now if you can't handle conversing with someone who disagrees with you and employs a healthy dose of sarcasm from time to time, I'll go ahead and put you on ignore if you like. I'm sure someone else will end up calling you out when you start labeling people like you have, so you should probably get prepared or stop doing that.

I have not labeled a single person. Not one. You, however, have labeled me as "delusional" and have implied that I am unethical--neither of which I thought were allowable on these forums. Yes, please put me on ignore, as all you seem to want to do is "call me out" and make threads in which I attempt to take part unpleasant places to be. I do not know where your rudeness has come from, but it is there and I would appreciate your leaving me alone.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,228 Member
    deleted

:) The green roast beef they tried to serve me (which I refused) and the vomiting that ensued the last 2 times I ate there would tell me that yes.. for me subway is garbage. You however may carry on eating it if you choose to do so. Because ya know.. It's a free country. :drinker:

Have I understood this correctly?

You went to one Subway and were served mouldy beef - therefore all Subway food everywhere is garbage?

Not sure how your one Subway experience means all Subway food in all of the world is garbage.

ETA I have had Subway in Australia and New Zealand - many many times. Never had food poisoning symptoms.
    Most likely the food hygiene at the places you went to was dodgy - doesn't make the food itself a problem, just the handling.
  • cwsreddy
    cwsreddy Posts: 998 Member
    I'm just trying to eat healthier because it makes me feel better and it makes it a lot easier to stay under my calorie limit. I imagine one day when I'm at maintenance and have more calories to play with, I'll probably eat some pizza and burritos once again. I will not go through a bunch of mental gymnastics and lie to myself that those things are healthy or good for me though.

What about pizza or a burrito makes it unhealthy?

Edit: Saw your response above.

So...it's the amount of calories that you see as being unhealthy?

It's the calories to nutrients and satiety ratio that concerns me the most, so for me yes.

Keep fighting the good fight brother. I love these people pulling a "pizza is a vegetable" nonsense. thoroughly enjoyable, but entirely sad at the same time.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    I'm just trying to eat healthier because it makes me feel better and it makes it a lot easier to stay under my calorie limit. I imagine one day when I'm at maintenance and have more calories to play with, I'll probably eat some pizza and burritos once again. I will not go through a bunch of mental gymnastics and lie to myself that those things are healthy or good for me though.

What about pizza or a burrito makes it unhealthy?

Edit: Saw your response above.

So...it's the amount of calories that you see as being unhealthy?

It's the calories to nutrients and satiety ratio that concerns me the most, so for me yes.

Keep fighting the good fight brother. I love these people pulling a "pizza is a vegetable" nonsense. thoroughly enjoyable, but entirely sad at the same time.

At which point did the person above say pizza was a vegetable?