"Eat All The Sweets" - A 30 Day Tale of Love & Happiness

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Brown Butter Snickerdoodles (2), Edy's slow churned vanilla with a sprinkle of cinnamon

7a33cdc2-00a3-43b8-9b9e-d725d7f893d5_zps165a9a70.jpg

I'm a new convert to brown butter recipes. I tried one for chocolate chip cookies a couple of weeks ago that was divine, and this one was awesome too. The difference between butter and brown butter in a recipe is similar to the difference between margarine and butter. Brown butter is a much richer flavor. It gives the cookies' flavor a kind of toffee undertone.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    It looks like I need to pay another visit to Trader Joe's! Here's my contribution for today. I'm on my phone, so hopefully the resizing worked. French toast made from two Martin's potato slider rolls topped with not quite a full serving of Jeni's honey + banana ice cream.

IMAG0485_zps34e09ad8.jpg

you did it!

that looks fantastic, how was it?
  • marvybells
    Options
    Day 1: Brown Butter Snickerdoodles (2), Edy's slow churned vanilla with a sprinkle of cinnamon

I'm a new convert to brown butter recipes. I tried one for chocolate chip cookies a couple of weeks ago that was divine, and this one was awesome too. The difference between butter and brown butter in a recipe is similar to the difference between margarine and butter. Brown butter is a much richer flavor. It gives the cookies' flavor a kind of toffee undertone.

i love snickerdoodles and all things cinnamon. yum!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    It looks like I need to pay another visit to Trader Joe's! Here's my contribution for today. I'm on my phone, so hopefully the resizing worked. French toast made from two Martin's potato slider rolls topped with not quite a full serving of Jeni's honey + banana ice cream.

IMAG0485_zps34e09ad8.jpg

you did it!

I thought of you as I was making it! It wasn't what I had imagined, but it was good, and satisfying with a protein latte. I probably should have used syrup too, or something, because I think the egg overpowered the sweetness.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    INSANE
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Oh my goodness!
  • lolosensan
    lolosensan Posts: 251
    Options
    My day 1: (is this where I'm to post it?) 3 chocolate chip cookies and 3 squares of Trader Joes' Dark Chocolate Lovers' 85%. Aaalriiiight.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    My day 1: (is this where I'm to post it?) 3 chocolate chip cookies and 3 squares of Trader Joes' Dark Chocolate Lovers' 85%. Aaalriiiight.

yep, just update log in here :)
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Starting with a bang. Sorry, no photographic evidence, just picture a blob of pale yellow.
    Day 1: 450 ml lemon sorbet, 486 kcal. Okay, won't buy again; should be more extravagant for that amount of calories.
  • marvybells
    Options

IMAG0485_zps34e09ad8.jpg

you did it!

I thought of you as I was making it! It wasn't what I had imagined, but it was good, and satisfying with a protein latte. I probably should have used syrup too, or something, because I think the egg overpowered the sweetness.

aw, that's a shame that it was too eggy...but if you make it again now you know to add some maple syrup and/or powdered sugar in the mix.

speaking of maple syrup, i still have to try my pint of Steve's Sunday Morning....maybe tomorrow....
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Starting off my 30 days the way I ended the last. .. Talenti! Lol After that. .. All the peanut butter! !!

Day 1-226g of Belgian milk chocolate Talenti.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    In.
    I went to a party today... so there were alot of sweets... and I partook in them all. Worth every calorie.

Day 1: Chocolate Chip cookie, Small brownie & a piece of randomly cut Chocolate Sheet Cake
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Some amount of freshly made strawberry ice cream at the Charlotte Fair. Probably the best strawberry ice cream I've ever had; got to watch it being churned and scrapped out, which always makes things taste better. Super creamy, not too sweet, nice peices of strawberry. nomnom

TELEluI.jpg?1
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Well, Im bound to have one of the following after dinner tonight, as well as at least one cocktail...

baklava
    turkish delights
    fig & spiced plum compote, coeur ala crème, pistachio crumble
    chocolate & honeycomb nougat, almond cake, blackberry coulis
    north italian dumplings, nut mince filling, maple syrup ice cream, pashmak

Not sure which one takes my fancy the most at this stage, and open to suggestions :smile:

As I'm over 40, I can't do this every day as even a small amount of dessert goes straight to the hips and stubbornly resists all excersise.
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    In! I'll be lacking in the cake and doughnut realm though. Stoopid gluten free life.
  • Musclememroy
    Options
    You can lose weight eating anything with a deficit. Good luck to everyone