"Eat All The Sweets" - A 30 Day Tale of Love & Happiness

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Brown Butter Snickerdoodles (2), Edy's slow churned vanilla with a sprinkle of cinnamon

7a33cdc2-00a3-43b8-9b9e-d725d7f893d5_zps165a9a70.jpg

I'm a new convert to brown butter recipes. I tried one for chocolate chip cookies a couple of weeks ago that was divine, and this one was awesome too. The difference between butter and brown butter in a recipe is similar to the difference between margarine and butter. Brown butter is a much richer flavor. It gives the cookies' flavor a kind of toffee undertone.

So glad to see this posted, I pinned this recipe a while back and haven't tried it yet. Snickerdoodles are my favorite cookie and wasn't sure if the brown butter would mess with the usual flavor too much?

It is different but I think it's good different. Do not cook it for the whole time though. I did one batch for 8 minutes and one for 10-- the 10 minute batch is too crunchy this morning.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Just going to tie up my ice cream AND start this challenge at the same time. I'm no quitter! HA HA HA!

1) Talenti Sea Salt Caramel Gelato.

Good girl :)
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Do cliff bars count? I love those things! And the added protein makes it feel worth while for all that sugar.

I wouldn't really label a protein bar as a dessert ;/
  • tiona83
    tiona83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    In!! :heart:
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Day 1 (Sunday): butter-yellow cake and Bryers Reece's peanut butter cup ice cream
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    This topic gives me the happies, especially on a Monday morning. I guess I do this anyway, so I'm in.

Day 1 (Sat, May 3): serving of Mike & Ike jelly beans. No, it's not classy or fancy, but I am so in love with Mike & Ike's. what can I say?!
    Day 2 (Sun, May 4): Made a 9x13 pan of some PB Chocolate cookie bar things. AWESOMENESS! Stopped myself at two (about 200 cals each).
    Day 3 (May 5): will be having another homemade PB Chocolate bar after dinner.
  • prosperkat
    prosperkat Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    For those in the UK, may I suggest Tesco Finest Cornish Sea Salted Caramel (chocolate covered) Ice Cream Bars? The Tesco Finest Senga Strawberry and White Chocolate Ice Cream Bars are good too.

Oh - Day 1 for me is adding Cadbury Hot Chocolate mix to my coffee(s). :wink:
  • moviestarsara
    Options
    In! Starting today :happy:
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Just going to tie up my ice cream AND start this challenge at the same time. I'm no quitter! HA HA HA!

1) Talenti Sea Salt Caramel Gelato.

that's the spirit! :)
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Zuppa inglese
    Day 2: Apple and cinnamon home-made mini cake
    dc6cnb.jpg

ETA: pic
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    So in. I have leftover calories today and was wondering what I should have. Must go get some homemade PB cups from the local store after work... Yum.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    So yesterday I had a hot chocolate with marshmallows
    and today I want to eat cake or brownies or a doughnut from this bakery in town....haven't decided. getting it after work and will probably save it for after my final
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Zuppa inglese
    Day 2: Apple and cinnamon home-made mini cake
    dc6cnb.jpg

ETA: pic

Oh YUM.

I had pancakes and a single serving vanilla cake today.
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Peanut Bismarck, Kroger Cherry Cordial ice cream
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Day 1: French toast topped with Jeni's honey + bananas ice cream
    Day 2: Ben & Jerry's Milk & Cookies ice cream for breakfast. I'll also have a serving of Speculoos Cookie & Cocoa Swirl in my Greek yogurt tonight.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Peanut Bismarck, Kroger Cherry Cordial ice cream

Can you describe a peanut bismarck for me? I had a "peanut roll" from our local bakery yesterday and was having a heck of a time finding anything remotely similar in the MFP database. Mine was basically a danish with white icing and chopped peanuts sprinkled in. Delicious...
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Day 1: 5 Girl Scout Thin Mints & a Twix Ice Cream Bar

Twix Ice Cream bars are my favorite ice cream of all time. I get so excited when I find one since my local grocery stores dont stock them and I have to go out of my way to find one.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had lemon puddling cake with Talenti raspberry gelato followed by a chocolate chip eggo waffle with chocolate ice cream inside.. my own take on the waffle taco.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Day 1: 70 Grams of Dilettante Chocolate Covered Cherries & 127 grams of Haagen Dasz Caramelized Banana Chip
    Day 2: Three Lofthouse Sugar Cookies with frosting on top and later 30 grams of Haagen Dasz