"Eat All The Sweets" - A 30 Day Tale of Love & Happiness

Options

Replies

• Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Brown Butter Snickerdoodles (2), Edy's slow churned vanilla with a sprinkle of cinnamon

7a33cdc2-00a3-43b8-9b9e-d725d7f893d5_zps165a9a70.jpg

I'm a new convert to brown butter recipes. I tried one for chocolate chip cookies a couple of weeks ago that was divine, and this one was awesome too. The difference between butter and brown butter in a recipe is similar to the difference between margarine and butter. Brown butter is a much richer flavor. It gives the cookies' flavor a kind of toffee undertone.

WANT. WANT BAD. I make snickerdoodles from scratch a lot -- it's my holiday thing. My neighbors/family beg for them. I tell them it isn't hard at all... but then they say theirs are hard as rocks, don't have that crisp and then that melty middle. I'm not sure what I do... that's just how they are! LOL But I've never done brown butter.... Now you know I will have to try it!!!!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Day 1- Chocolove Chilies and Cherries in Dark Chocolate. What can I say, you were right about the Talenti, so I trusted Chocolove would be a good start. And I have heard about chilies with chocolate but never tried it. The chocolate was lovely and the cherries were great, but I'm not sure about the chilies. I was expecting some initial heat in the chocolate followed by the sweetness of cherries, and what I've got is cherry and chocolate followed by a little heat, then a lot of heat, then the heat peters out. Right now I'm on the fence about it. I'm definitely going to finish the bar over the next month, but I'm not sure whether it is something I would buy again.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Brown Butter Snickerdoodles (2), Edy's slow churned vanilla with a sprinkle of cinnamon

7a33cdc2-00a3-43b8-9b9e-d725d7f893d5_zps165a9a70.jpg

I'm a new convert to brown butter recipes. I tried one for chocolate chip cookies a couple of weeks ago that was divine, and this one was awesome too. The difference between butter and brown butter in a recipe is similar to the difference between margarine and butter. Brown butter is a much richer flavor. It gives the cookies' flavor a kind of toffee undertone.

So glad to see this posted, I pinned this recipe a while back and haven't tried it yet. Snickerdoodles are my favorite cookie and wasn't sure if the brown butter would mess with the usual flavor too much?
  • Stilllosing26
    Stilllosing26 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I had some peanut butter and Nutella on a spoon to kick off my challenge :)
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I so wanted to do the ice cream cleanse, and it made me try gelato. I would be in for this, but it be almost the same thing every day ^_^ Looking forward to the yummies ahead.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    In this time!

Day 1: Gooey butter cake from a local bakery (Park Have Coffee - feel like I should give the props out if I'm not doing the baking!). Neighbors brought over a chocolate and a traditional gooey butter cake for a bbq last night and left the remnants, so I think this will be it for at least a couple more days.
  • Dalton1720
    Dalton1720 Posts: 104
    Options
    Do cliff bars count? I love those things! And the added protein makes it feel worth while for all that sugar.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I didn't even realize, but I've already been following this plan. I've had a couple of Hershey kisses and Cadbury Easter eggs in the past couple of days, and today I had really awesome ice cream.

I am so down for this :bigsmile:
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Talenti sea salt caramel ice cream bar. These Talenti bars are awesome (and make portion control for me at this stage much easier).
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    So in for this! Day 1, homemade chocolate cupcake baked and frosted by my eldest. Just for that it was amazing!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Day 1- Chocolove Chilies and Cherries in Dark Chocolate. What can I say, you were right about the Talenti, so I trusted Chocolove would be a good start. And I have heard about chilies with chocolate but never tried it. The chocolate was lovely and the cherries were great, but I'm not sure about the chilies. I was expecting some initial heat in the chocolate followed by the sweetness of cherries, and what I've got is cherry and chocolate followed by a little heat, then a lot of heat, then the heat peters out. Right now I'm on the fence about it. I'm definitely going to finish the bar over the next month, but I'm not sure whether it is something I would buy again.

If you can get your hands on Steve's Mexican Chili Chocolate ice cream, it's fantastic.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    you did it!

that looks fantastic, how was it?

I thought of you as I was making it! It wasn't what I had imagined, but it was good, and satisfying with a protein latte. I probably should have used syrup too, or something, because I think the egg overpowered the sweetness.

aw, that's a shame that it was too eggy...but if you make it again now you know to add some maple syrup and/or powdered sugar in the mix.

speaking of maple syrup, i still have to try my pint of Steve's Sunday Morning....maybe tomorrow....

Maybe I'll do it again next weekend. :) I can't wait to hear how the Sunday Morning is. Hopefully not stale like the donuts were.
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Just going to tie up my ice cream AND start this challenge at the same time. I'm no quitter! HA HA HA!

1) Talenti Sea Salt Caramel Gelato.
  • karinajean2388
    karinajean2388 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Jeni's Brambleberry Crisp (1 cup) and Tillamook Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge (1 oz.)
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    My kind of challenge... I am SO in. Day 1: Mom's lemon cake with whipped cream and strawberries. Nom!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Day 1: 5 Girl Scout Thin Mints & a Twix Ice Cream Bar
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    In - And this will be easy... Already have a daily pudding cup, now I'll add cookies, ice cream, cake, etc.

Day 1 - Chocolate & Vanilla Pudding Cup, and M & M cookie!
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Yay I like this cleanse so much more than the last one!

Day one: I had half of a mini Black Forest buttercream cake I got from the farmers market. So good!
    Day two: the other half of the cake with half a serving of chocolate peanut butter ice cream from the local ice cream shop!