"Eat All The Sweets" - A 30 Day Tale of Love & Happiness

Options

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Gooey Butter Cake looks like... lemon bars?
    Looks delicious and disappear-worthy either way. :smile:

Gooey Butter Cake is a St. Louis thing (I think). I had never had it before I moved here but it is UH-MAY-ZING. They have whole bakeries with all different flavors like red velvet, chocolate chip, pumpkin, berry, etc...

http://www.gooeylouiecake.com/

It looks like lemon bars and the texture is similar - but it has a lot of powdered sugar and cream cheese in it and so it is very buttery and sweet at the same time.

Gooey+Butter+Cake.png

Thanks for this! Might have to try it this week :)
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    OHP tarts and sweet gainz for everyone :drinker:
    (now I need to make Bench Brownies or something)

Can I have some of your Bench Brownies? Mine definitely needs to break through a plateau.
    Me too! Bench is my nemesis. I'll take a pan... for the gainz....
    image.png
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    All I have now is a stock photo of my Mother's Day cake that was actually gone before Mother's Day. (So I went to the store and got ice cream)

Gooey-Butter-Cake.jpg

Yum! Gooey Butter Cake is awesome but I love making Gooey Butter Cookies - slightly less gooey but much more portable:

cream-cheese-cookies.jpg
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Gooey Butter Cake is a St. Louis thing (I think). I had never had it before I moved here but it is UH-MAY-ZING. They have whole bakeries with all different flavors like red velvet, chocolate chip, pumpkin, berry, etc...

It looks like lemon bars and the texture is similar - but it has a lot of powdered sugar and cream cheese in it and so it is very buttery and sweet at the same time.

Gooey+Butter+Cake.png

Yep, this is the "cake mix cheat" way to make it, and how we *always* make it. My daughter and I tried once to make it the STL ("real") way, but it was a colossal mess. :laugh:

We shall try again...one day.

ETA: And the cookie version looks delicious too!
  • igsalem
    igsalem Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • WinoGelato
    Options

Gooey+Butter+Cake.png

Yep, this is the "cake mix cheat" way to make it, and how we *always* make it. My daughter and I tried once to make it the STL ("real") way, but it was a colossal mess. :laugh:

We shall try again...one day.

ETA: And the cookie version looks delicious too!

The cookie version is super easy - it is one of my favorite things to take for picnics, etc in the summer time. Also you can make it with devils food cake mix instead of yellow cake mix...

choc+gooey+butter+cookies+copyright.jpg
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    <snip>

The cookie version is super easy - it is one of my favorite things to take for picnics, etc in the summer time. Also you can make it with devils food cake mix instead of yellow cake mix...

choc+gooey+butter+cookies+copyright.jpg

Super-nom!

I have done the cake mix version with a few different flavors. About ten years ago, my mom bought me a book called, "The Cake Mix Doctor," which has all sorts of fun ways to doctor-up cake mixes to make professional-looking cakes with a mix. I still use it in lieu of internet recipes for cakes, as I typically stock-up on mixes when they are $1 or less and try to keep some in my pantry.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Day 1: Gooey butter cake
    Day 2: Gooey butter cake
    Day 3: Entenmann's glazed donut and 2 bites of Talenti Double Dark Chocolate
    Day 4: Reese's Fun Size Cup and 1/4 cup of Talenti Double Dark Chocolate
    Day 5: 1 square Ghiradelli Intense Dark Sea Salt Soiree and a slice of angel food cake with vanilla cool whip frosting and blackberries
    Day 6: 1 square Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel
    Day 7: Hostess Donettes for breakfast - 2 powdered, 2 chocolate. 1 Hershey's Dark Chocolate miniature
    Day 8: Homemade Double Chocolate Pound Cake. Was so disappointed there was no vanilla ice cream to go with this at the Mother's Day Party!
    Day 9: Ghiradelli Sea Salt Soiree and likely more sweets tonight after dinner.

We are going on an extended vacation and need to eat up all the food in our fridge/freezer. Pretty sure there is a tub of Nestle Chocolate Chip cookie dough and at least partial pints of Talenti in the freezer that will need some attention - not to mention all the remaining Easter candy that needs to be disposed of... that will all be fun - but figuring out what to do with some of the other random ingredients should be fairly interesting...
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Day 1: 450 ml lemon sorbet, 486 kcal. Okay, won't buy again; should be more extravagant for that amount of calories.
    Day 2: B&J's Caramel Chew Chew. Sugar coma approaches, think I overdid it a bit.
    Day 3: Small serving of salmiak liquorice ice cream, and Daim bar.
    Day 4: White-chocolate cranberry cookies, mint thingies, and a couple of white-chocolate miniature bars.
    Day 5: Mint thingies, few white-chocolate miniature bars.
    Day 6: Half-healthy today; oranges and bananas with whipped heavy cream, which was about to go bad.
    Day 7: B&J's Caramel Chew Chew.
    Day 8: Cookies, different chocolate ones.
    Day 9: Chocolate-chip cookies. Nowhere nearly as nice as homemade, can't wait to have a functioning oven.
    Day 9 bonus: B&J's Caramel Chew Chew.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    ay 1: Haagen Dazs Cappucino Gelato (101g) topped with ReddiWhip Original Whipped Cream (16g) and drizzled with Hershey's Light Chocolate Syrup (1tsp); Silk Light Chocolate Soy Milk (8.2oz); King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (2)

Day 2: Little Debbie Cinnamon Streusel Cake (1); Silk Light Chocolate Soy Milk (8.4oz); King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (2)

Day 3: Kashi Oatmeal Raisin Flax Soft Baked Cookies (2); McDonald's Strawberry & Cream Pie (1)

Day 4: Starbucks Mocha Frapuccino (Bottled, 9.5oz); Silk Light Chocolate Soy Milk (8.10 oz) with (2) Kashi Oatmeal Raisin Flax Cookies; King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (2)

Day 5: Kings Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (4); Kashi Cherry Vanilla Soft Baked Bar (1); Talenti Double Dark Chocolate Gelato (153g)

Day 6: Kashi Oatmeal Raisin Flax Cookies (2); Talenti Double Dark Chocolate Gelato (114g)

Day7: Albertson's Cinnamon Roll Pull Apart (3..possibly might eat another for 4.) Celebrate today, work it off tomorrow :bigsmile:

Sort of looks like this..but more cinnamon roll like.

627505f306cde963193836c46a712b29.jpg
    Holy Mother of Nom. That looks delightful.

On the East Coast, we call this Monkey Bread. My SMIL makes this every Christmas Morning for breakfast. BEST THING EVER.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Brown Butter Snickerdoodles (2), Edy's slow churned vanilla with a sprinkle of cinnamon
    Day 2: 3 brown butter snickerdoodles, 1 serving of Breyer's triple chocolate gelato, and one rolo
    Day 3: one serving of B&J Mississippi Mud Pie and one serving of Talenti Sea Salt Caramel
    Day 4: Edy's slow churned french silk.
    Day 5: small DQ midnight truffle blizzard, scone from the local tea shop, B&J Milk and Cookies
    Day 6: B&J Milk and Cookies and white/dark chocolate cream cheese bar
    Day 7: white/dark chocolate cream cheese bar and Talenti Southern Butter Pecan gelato
    Day 8: white/dark chocolate cream cheese bar, Ritter Sport milk chocolate with chocolate mousse and Blue Bell Salted Caramel Ice Cream:
    Day 9: white/dark chocolate cream cheese bar and 150g Talenti Southern Butter Pecan gelato. I'm going to need more of that one soon.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I also had an oatmeal cream pie today.
  • enkennon
    enkennon Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I had half of a lemon pound cake slice today! delish
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    BTW, going into Day 9 now (for me, not sure of the 'official' count) and I'm down another 2lbs. :laugh: I find this especially amusing because a 'friend' of mine said I could never be 'fit' and 'healthy' eating this way. My bike time has improved, not sure on lifting since I literally twisted my hips and had to take some time off. But overall, showing steps forward. :drinker:

I meant to congratulate you on the loss! Take care of those hips.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Salted Caramel Gelato next? Almost out of the SOuthern Butter Pecan. Anyone? Bueller? John Boy?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Chocolate Chip cookie, Small brownie & a piece of randomly cut Chocolate Sheet Cake
    Day 2: FiberOne Chocolate Chip Cookie bar (Not sure if this counts, but omg, have you had these? so yummy!) & Edy's Slow Churned Mud Pie Ice cream
    Day 3: Edy's Slow Churned Mud Pie Ice cream
    Day 4: Edy's Slow Churned Caramel Swirl
    Day 5: Edy's Slow Churned Caramel Swirl
    Day 6: Edy's Slow Churned Peanut Butter Cup Ice cream, Jello Chocolate Mousse, FiberOne Chocolate Chip Cookie bar and Strawberries.
    Day 7: Edy's Slow Churned Fudge Tracks
    Day 8: Homemade Lemon Squares with fresh berries
    Day 9: Peach Angel Food Cake

5490ba00-5b08-4bea-8e7c-817443bd32fc.jpg
  • applejuices
    applejuices Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    After lurking the gelato thread and regretting not participating, I've been following this thread and doing the cleanse on my own...thought I would chime in here now:

Day 1: Held a huuuge bake sale, ended up eating one and a half lemon squares, a mint chocolate chip cookie, and wo amazing Reese’s peanut butter cup cupcakes bought at the bake sale. Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting and a mini Reese’s inside.
    Day 2: Pint of Ben and Jerry’s Half Baked Froyo. The whole pint. So amazing and full of chunks of deliciousness.
    Day 3: Package of Birthday Cake M & Ms. Not bad- actually tastes pretty cake-like. Also, it’s teacher appreciation week, so I had two small browned butter blondie with chocolate chips and nuts from the lounge.
    Day 4: Teacher appreciation week continues- two small chocolate cupcakes with buttercream frosting.
    Day 5: One slice of marble cake with buttercream frosting, along with a little (lot) of extra frosting… one large chocolate chunk cookie, half of an M & M cookie, and half of a brownie.
    Day 6: An apple cinnamon donut from a local orchard bought at the farmers market, 3 homemade chocolate chip cookies and a couple of candies (chocolate, obviously)
    Day 7: Another pint of Ben and Jerry’s Half Baked Froyo. Happy Mother’s day to ME!
    Day 8: A slice of almond Danish pastry from a local bakery and a serving of Talenti Sea Salt Caramel
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Salted Caramel Gelato next? Almost out of the SOuthern Butter Pecan. Anyone? Bueller? John Boy?

Solid choice.

Have you tried the chocolate peanut butter cup yet?
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Not yet. Maybe Round 3 of the "Gelato get in my belly" Challenge.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Not yet. Maybe Round 3 of the "Gelato get in my belly" Challenge.

:laugh:

It's my favorite. RIght now on the Talenti front I'd rank them Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup, Southern Butter Pecan, Sea Salt Caramel.

Although, if you're more of a dark chocolate person it might not be your thing-- some people find it too sweet.