The Five Foods That Lead To Belly Fat

Options

Replies

• ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    There's a reason why there's a lot of distrust from the public on personal trainers. This **** is one of the reason's why. You aren't a researching PT, you're a parrot for the fitness/diet industry who is just a sheep following misinformation that's been passed down for a couple of decades now.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Never a LIKE button around when you need one
  • hasta_la_vista_belly
    Options
    Wow what a load of crap. My bacon eating keto ways says hello.
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I've had all of that in the past 24hrs...

Am I gonna get fat today? Maybe die?

Yes, just because someone on the internet said so :laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    The Five Food Groups that lead to belly fat are the following:

1. Meats with lots of fat: Red meats, Pork, Sausage, Lamb.

Reason: Red meats, pork, sausage, and lamb are hard enough to digest, and because these are not lean meats, any fat that you consume from these meats will turn into fat quickly because your body cant burn it fast enough to avoid it turning into fat.

Alternatives: Lean meats such as chicken, turkey, and fish.
    Myth. Eating fatty foods doesn't make you fat. Overeating makes you fat. Truth.
    2. Foods and drinks containing high amounts of sugar: Donuts, Ice Cream, Candy, Cookies, Cakes, Soda, Juices (Minute Maid, Tropicana, Kool-Aid, Any Fruit Punch), Iced Tea, Coffee or Iced Coffee, Latte, Mocha, Starbucks beverages. Any beverage from Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme.

Reason: The reason that sugar is so fatty is due to the fact that the calories in sugar are the first to be stored as fat deposits around the body when they are consumed. These substances not only cause your immune system to break down, but they will actually be the main things that will cause you to gain weight and gain belly fat.

Alternatives: Fruits, Raw Vegetables, Peanut Butter, Meal Replacement Shakes, Protein Shakes, Protein Bars, Nuts, WATER, Herbal Tea.
    Myth. Overeating is what makes one fat. And as I mentioned in another thread, OP will slowly introduce Herbalife in the guise as an option for success.
    3. White or Processed Foods: Flour-Based Foods (Flour Tortillas, Cookie Dough, Cake Mix, White Bread, Croissants, Dinner Rolls, Cinnamon Buns, Basically anything that can be baked that contains flour), Processed Pastas (Hamburger Helper, for example), Chef Boyardee Products, Campbell's Noodle Soups (yeah that's crap, too), Instant Oatmeal, TV Dinners, Top Ramen, Cup O' Noodles, Anything you can pop in a microwave and call "dinner," Potatoes, White Rice.

Reason: Any white flour, white rice, and white foods are usually refined to make the color more attractive, but the refining process removes of the nutrients from the foods and leaves them with little to offer your body aside from empty calories. Those calories cannot be processed easily by the body, and thus they are turned to fat the minute you consume them.

Alternatives: Whole Grain Foods, Oatmeal, Wheat or Whole Grain Pasta, Corn-Based Foods (Corn Tortillas), Homemade Soup, Sweet Potatoes, Brown Rice.
    Then there should be millions of fat Asians since white rice is a staple of their daily diets. Again myth. Overeating is what makes one fat.
    4. Alcohol: Beer, Wine, Champagne, Rum, Whiskey, Well, anything that contains alcohol.

Reason: Wine, brandy, rum, and mixed drinks all contain high amounts of sugar as well, and, as mentioned above, sugar is the first thing to be converted by the body into fat. While a glass of wine every day is good for the heath of your cardiovascular system, drinking more alcohol is actually contributing to the deterioration of your body due to the fact that the muscle tissue is broken down by alcohol. You will end up losing muscle and gaining fat from drinking alcohol, so drink as little as possible.

Alternatives: Water, Herbal Tea.
    What? Alcohol breaks down muscle? Let me clear this up. Energy use is neutral until alcohol is burned up in the system. So explain how muscle is broken down by alcohol, with peer reviewed scientific evidence to support it.
    5. Fried Foods: Deep Fried Chicken, Fried Pork Chops, Fried Potatoes or French Fries, Potato Chips (possibly the worst fried food you can eat).

Reason: Potato chips are the worst of the fried foods, as they are usually deep fried and rolled in MSG and other artificial flavorings as well. This doubles the damage to your body, as the artificial substances fill your body with toxins while the oil in the potato chips add fat to your body. It is best to avoid fried foods as much as possible, as they usually contain massive amounts of calories that your body is completely unable to process. Fried foods in general will not only will add to your belly fat, but these foods will also increase your risk of heart problems by blocking your blood vessels and impeding your body’s blood flow.

Alternatives: Pita Chips and Hummus, Other Cooked Chicken (Grilled, Roasted, Baked, Steamed, Sautéed), Sweet Potatoes, Corn Tortillas (yes, it's a lot healthier than potato chips).

Positive responses, please.
    Again calorie count is the issue here. Eating 100 calories of chips isn't going to make one fat if they have 500 calories to spare.

Here's a positive response: You're good at BS.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

Reason: Red meats, pork, sausage, and lamb are hard enough to digest, and because these are not lean meats, any fat that you consume from these meats will turn into fat quickly because your body cant burn it fast enough to avoid it turning into fat.

2. Foods and drinks containing high amounts of sugar: Donuts, Ice Cream, Candy, Cookies, Cakes, Soda, Juices (Minute Maid, Tropicana, Kool-Aid, Any Fruit Punch), Iced Tea, Coffee or Iced Coffee, Latte, Mocha, Starbucks beverages. Any beverage from Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme.

Reason: The reason that sugar is so fatty is due to the fact that the calories in sugar are the first to be stored as fat deposits around the body when they are consumed. These substances not only cause your immune system to break down, but they will actually be the main things that will cause you to gain weight and gain belly fat.

Alternatives: Fruits, Raw Vegetables, Peanut Butter, Meal Replacement Shakes, Protein Shakes, Protein Bars, Nuts, WATER, Herbal Tea.

3. White or Processed Foods: Flour-Based Foods (Flour Tortillas, Cookie Dough, Cake Mix, White Bread, Croissants, Dinner Rolls, Cinnamon Buns, Basically anything that can be baked that contains flour), Processed Pastas (Hamburger Helper, for example), Chef Boyardee Products, Campbell's Noodle Soups (yeah that's crap, too), Instant Oatmeal, TV Dinners, Top Ramen, Cup O' Noodles, Anything you can pop in a microwave and call "dinner," Potatoes, White Rice.

Reason: Any white flour, white rice, and white foods are usually refined to make the color more attractive, but the refining process removes all of the nutrients from the foods and leaves them with little to offer your body aside from empty calories. Those calories cannot be processed easily by the body, and thus they are turned to fat the minute you consume them.

Alternatives: Whole Grain Foods, Oatmeal, Wheat or Whole Grain Pasta, Corn-Based Foods (Corn Tortillas), Homemade Soup, Sweet Potatoes, Brown Rice.

4. Alcohol: Beer, Wine, Champagne, Rum, Whiskey, Well, anything that contains alcohol.

Reason: Wine, brandy, rum, and mixed drinks all contain high amounts of sugar as well, and, as mentioned above, sugar is the first thing to be converted by the body into fat. While a glass of wine every day is good for the heath of your cardiovascular system, drinking more alcohol is actually contributing to the deterioration of your body due to the fact that the muscle tissue is broken down by alcohol. You will end up losing muscle and gaining fat from drinking alcohol, so drink as little as possible.

5. Fried Foods: Deep Fried Chicken, Fried Pork Chops, Fried Potatoes or French Fries, Potato Chips (possibly the worst fried food you can eat).

Reason: Potato chips are the worst of the fried foods, as they are usually deep fried and rolled in MSG and other artificial flavorings as well. This doubles the damage to your body, as the artificial substances fill your body with toxins while the oil in the potato chips add fat to your body. It is best to avoid fried foods as much as possible, as they usually contain massive amounts of calories that your body is completely unable to process. Fried foods in general will not only will add to your belly fat, but these foods will also increase your risk of heart problems by blocking your blood vessels and impeding your body’s blood flow.

Alternatives: Pita Chips and Hummus, Other Cooked Chicken (Grilled, Roasted, Baked, Steamed, Sautéed), Sweet Potatoes, Corn Tortillas (yes, it's a lot healthier than potato chips).

Ahhh I managed hit eat all five naughty food groups yesterday for GNO WIN!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    The Five Food Groups that are yummy are the following:

2. Foods containing high amounts of sugar: Donuts, Ice Cream, Candy, Cookies, Cakes,

3. Flour-Based Foods Flour Tortillas, Cookie Dough, Cake Mix, White Bread, Croissants, Dinner Rolls, Cinnamon Buns

5. Fried Foods: Deep Fried Chicken, Fried Pork Chops, Fried Potatoes or French Fries, Potato Chips

Positive responses or gifs please

FIFY!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    And here I thought someone was finally going to tell me what happens when you click on that ad for the "5 foods to never eat again" with the banana and the lady with the shrinking stomach :sad: .

I'm no physical specimen or fitness/nutrition expert, but even I know enough to know that this is, at best, misleading. I would wager that some people who don't have even the basic knowledge of nutrition that can be gleaned from these boards might find it easier to eat at a deficit (if they even realize that's what they're doing) if they limit these foods in their diets. But to propagate the "reasonings" for this that you did is, plainly, irresponsible.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Your profile states
    "Lowered my body fat percentage from 13.8% to 5.4%!! "
    I'm not an expert, but I know that you are not 5.4% body fat in your profile picture.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I love this gem.
    Those calories cannot be processed easily by the body, and thus they are turned to fat the minute you consume them.
    :laugh:
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I can't figure out one reason why this makes me angry, so I'll itemize it.

1. The fact that you are blatantly spreading misinformation, and are a "trainer" and "coach" to people.
    2. The fact that you are demonizing foods, and saying they're go straight to your stomach as fat. You have absolutely no research to back up these claims, and making people fear foods does not lead to healthy lifestyle changes.
    3. The product plugging on your page. You aren't outright soliciting, but it's pretty close.
    4. By your misinformation, people need to eat a bland diet with little variety to avoid belly fat.
    5. You completely miss the most basic mark; more calories in than you are burning will lead to weight gain. A calorie is a calorie. It doesn't matter if you get it from fried chicken or a leaf of lettuce. If you take in more calories than you need, you will gain.

You aren't going to get many (if any) positive responses to this thread, and I already know this topic is going to become a mess. I'd highly suggest you contact a mod and have this thread closed.
  • PurpleCupcakes01
    Options
    [/quote]

Good luck with that lol
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Advice-Dog-DRINK-BLEACH-LIVE-FOREVE.jpg
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

Reason: Any white flour, white rice, and white foods are usually refined to make the color more attractive, but the refining process removes all of the nutrients from the foods and leaves them with little to offer your body aside from empty calories. Those calories cannot be processed easily by the body, and thus they are turned to fat the minute you consume them.

Thank you for this... :smile: :smile:

I have been wondering where I went wrong all this time and now I know.:drinker: :drinker:
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    i'm going to go ahead and say that your body is going to store fat where its genetically programmed to do so, and food choices have little (and probably nothing) to do with WHERE the fat goes on your body
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    <~~~again OP, your rules don't apply to me. I lost twenty pounds eating at a calorie deficit AND starting a daily wine drinking habit at the same time. I think I lost a least a little bit of belly fat in those twenty pounds.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I am so totally having a KFC double down after my workout, in honor of this thread. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I am so totally having a KFC double down after my workout, in honor of this thread. Thanks for the inspiration!

I need to try one of those
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    This might be the one time in my life that I'm a special snowflake...I keep losing belly fat eating all those foods! :drinker:
  • MissMegannLee
    MissMegannLee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Then why I have still managed to lose 30lbs+ still eating those foods?
    Oh right...because I weighed everything and exercised properly.
    I doubt foods do that, but alright.