The Five Foods That Lead To Belly Fat

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Reason: Any white flour, white rice, and white foods are usually refined to make the color more attractive, but the refining process removes all of the nutrients from the foods and leaves them with little to offer your body aside from empty calories. Those calories cannot be processed easily by the body, and thus they are turned to fat the minute you consume them.

The minute you consume them.

gSBslyX.gif

THE MINUTE YOU CONSUME THEM.

tumblr_l7sf2pwfob1qagy5w.gif
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Who is this guy? The bad info fairy?

:flowerforyou:

and also...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Reason: Any white flour, white rice, and white foods are usually refined to make the color more attractive, but the refining process removes all of the nutrients from the foods and leaves them with little to offer your body aside from empty calories. Those calories cannot be processed easily by the body, and thus they are turned to fat the minute you consume them.

gSBslyX.gif

I JUST ATE A DONUT

I'M GOING TO SWELL UP AND DIE!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Also, as an Irish girl, I take offense to potatoes being on your bad list.
    The potato is a beautiful national treasure.

Part Irish, part Hobbit here. I'm with ya!

potato.gif
  • StephVa22
    StephVa22 Posts: 28
    Options
    reasons: because I ate to much of something I had excess fat, and my body is genetically inclined to store it in my belly.

that's how I Got belly fat.

not because of red meats or white grains (how racists was that!)

THIS^^^^ the whole (how racist was that) literally made me LOL!!
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options

gSBslyX.gif

I JUST ATE A DONUT

I'M GOING TO SWELL UP AND DIE!

LET'S ALL GET SWOLE!!
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    No they don't.

That's all I have to say.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I think this thread needs more "bad" food gifs...

Lots more...
  • arvidsonc
    arvidsonc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Regarding "Like Button" needed for the other ACE CPT's great comment: I know right!!!!! Where's the like button. I keep looking for it! :glasses:

And I'm also an ACE certified personal trainer.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    OP - you serious?

Tumblr_inline_mki6xcSnsn1qz4rgp.gif
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Wow I must be special.

3adc875e-c415-41b0-992d-6430c1d58507_zps849ede27.png

My hobby is baking and I have ice cream every day.

*cat-call whistles*
  • debbiemcewen3
    Options
    I've only been trying to lose weight for a week and even I knew he was talking out of his bum!

But I've Lurrrrrrrved all the replies! You lot ROCK! :laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Also, LOL at 5% bodyfat.

5% is kinda low for a dude, but definitely way too low for a woman. Personally, my goal is 25% BF. I started at 54% and have made my way down to 38%.

I think they're just questioning whether the OP's body fat is that low, since he states as much in his profile.

Yeah, I figured that out finally. :blushing:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    1. Meats with lots of fat: Red meats, Pork, Sausage, Lamb.

2. Foods and drinks containing high amounts of sugar: Donuts, Ice Cream, Candy, Cookies, Cakes, Soda, Juices (Minute Maid, Tropicana, Kool-Aid, Any Fruit Punch), Iced Tea, Coffee or Iced Coffee, Latte, Mocha, Starbucks beverages. Any beverage from Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme.

3. White or Processed Foods: Flour-Based Foods (Flour Tortillas, Cookie Dough, Cake Mix, White Bread, Croissants, Dinner Rolls, Cinnamon Buns, Basically anything that can be baked that contains flour), Processed Pastas (Hamburger Helper, for example), Chef Boyardee Products, Campbell's Noodle Soups (yeah that's crap, too), Instant Oatmeal, TV Dinners, Top Ramen, Cup O' Noodles, Anything you can pop in a microwave and call "dinner," Potatoes, White Rice.

4. Alcohol: Beer, Wine, Champagne, Rum, Whiskey, Well, anything that contains alcohol.

5. Fried Foods: Deep Fried Chicken, Fried Pork Chops, Fried Potatoes or French Fries, Potato Chips (possibly the worst fried food you can eat).

1. Fatty meats are more satiating than lean meats, so portion sizes can be smaller.

2. Sugar is just a subset of carbohydrates. If your carb macro is fine, and you are getting enough fiber, than your sugars and starches will be fine too.

3. All food is processed in some way, and the color of it is irrelevant, though it is best to eat a variety of colors when it comes to fruit and vegetables. And personally, I avoid bleached flour and food coloring (except for candy and holidays).

4.Alcohol is toxic and shouldn't be consumed other than in moderation. It's not a food, per se. Cannabis is much better for your health.

5. Fried foods are fine, so long as you are careful with portions and it doesn't make you blow your fat macro.

*Positive responses, please*
    its well known that cannabis is directly related to going over your calorie limits

lol gotta hate the munchies

Meh, only if you're an amateur. We professionals are not so affected by this phenomenon. :smokin:

{ Pro tip: don't even step into the kitchen. Don't go to any convenience store. Stay gold, Ponyboy! }
  • kimacduff
    kimacduff Posts: 29
    Options
    The Five Food Groups that lead to belly fat are the following:

Reason: Red meats, pork, sausage, and lamb are hard enough to digest, and because these are not lean meats, any fat that you consume from these meats will turn into fat quickly because your body cant burn it fast enough to avoid it turning into fat.

Alternatives: Lean meats such as chicken, turkey, and fish.

2. Foods and drinks containing high amounts of sugar: Donuts, Ice Cream, Candy, Cookies, Cakes, Soda, Juices (Minute Maid, Tropicana, Kool-Aid, Any Fruit Punch), Iced Tea, Coffee or Iced Coffee, Latte, Mocha, Starbucks beverages. Any beverage from Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme.

Reason: The reason that sugar is so fatty is due to the fact that the calories in sugar are the first to be stored as fat deposits around the body when they are consumed. These substances not only cause your immune system to break down, but they will actually be the main things that will cause you to gain weight and gain belly fat.

Alternatives: Fruits, Raw Vegetables, Peanut Butter, Meal Replacement Shakes, Protein Shakes, Protein Bars, Nuts, WATER, Herbal Tea.

3. White or Processed Foods: Flour-Based Foods (Flour Tortillas, Cookie Dough, Cake Mix, White Bread, Croissants, Dinner Rolls, Cinnamon Buns, Basically anything that can be baked that contains flour), Processed Pastas (Hamburger Helper, for example), Chef Boyardee Products, Campbell's Noodle Soups (yeah that's crap, too), Instant Oatmeal, TV Dinners, Top Ramen, Cup O' Noodles, Anything you can pop in a microwave and call "dinner," Potatoes, White Rice.

Alternatives: Whole Grain Foods, Oatmeal, Wheat or Whole Grain Pasta, Corn-Based Foods (Corn Tortillas), Homemade Soup, Sweet Potatoes, Brown Rice.

4. Alcohol: Beer, Wine, Champagne, Rum, Whiskey, Well, anything that contains alcohol.

Reason: Wine, brandy, rum, and mixed drinks all contain high amounts of sugar as well, and, as mentioned above, sugar is the first thing to be converted by the body into fat. While a glass of wine every day is good for the heath of your cardiovascular system, drinking more alcohol is actually contributing to the deterioration of your body due to the fact that the muscle tissue is broken down by alcohol. You will end up losing muscle and gaining fat from drinking alcohol, so drink as little as possible.

Alternatives: Water, Herbal Tea.

5. Fried Foods: Deep Fried Chicken, Fried Pork Chops, Fried Potatoes or French Fries, Potato Chips (possibly the worst fried food you can eat).

Reason: Potato chips are the worst of the fried foods, as they are usually deep fried and rolled in MSG and other artificial flavorings as well. This doubles the damage to your body, as the artificial substances fill your body with toxins while the oil in the potato chips add fat to your body. It is best to avoid fried foods as much as possible, as they usually contain massive amounts of calories that your body is completely unable to process. Fried foods in general will not only will add to your belly fat, but these foods will also increase your risk of heart problems by blocking your blood vessels and impeding your body’s blood flow.

Alternatives: Pita Chips and Hummus, Other Cooked Chicken (Grilled, Roasted, Baked, Steamed, Sautéed), Sweet Potatoes, Corn Tortillas (yes, it's a lot healthier than potato chips).

Positive responses, please.

Thanks for posting this. You are right on the mark.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

Not even close to the mark. Not even within a mile.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    The Five Food Groups that lead to belly fat are the following:

Reason: Red meats, pork, sausage, and lamb are hard enough to digest, and because these are not lean meats, any fat that you consume from these meats will turn into fat quickly because your body cant burn it fast enough to avoid it turning into fat.

Alternatives: Lean meats such as chicken, turkey, and fish.
    Myth. Eating fatty foods doesn't make you fat. Overeating makes you fat. Truth.

Reason: The reason that sugar is so fatty is due to the fact that the calories in sugar are the first to be stored as fat deposits around the body when they are consumed. These substances not only cause your immune system to break down, but they will actually be the main things that will cause you to gain weight and gain belly fat.

Alternatives: Fruits, Raw Vegetables, Peanut Butter, Meal Replacement Shakes, Protein Shakes, Protein Bars, Nuts, WATER, Herbal Tea.
    Myth. Overeating is what makes one fat. And as I mentioned in another thread, OP will slowly introduce Herbalife in the guise as an option for success.

Reason: Any white flour, white rice, and white foods are usually refined to make the color more attractive, but the refining process removes of the nutrients from the foods and leaves them with little to offer your body aside from empty calories. Those calories cannot be processed easily by the body, and thus they are turned to fat the minute you consume them.

Alternatives: Whole Grain Foods, Oatmeal, Wheat or Whole Grain Pasta, Corn-Based Foods (Corn Tortillas), Homemade Soup, Sweet Potatoes, Brown Rice.
    Then there should be millions of fat Asians since white rice is a staple of their daily diets. Again myth. Overeating is what makes one fat.

Reason: Wine, brandy, rum, and mixed drinks all contain high amounts of sugar as well, and, as mentioned above, sugar is the first thing to be converted by the body into fat. While a glass of wine every day is good for the heath of your cardiovascular system, drinking more alcohol is actually contributing to the deterioration of your body due to the fact that the muscle tissue is broken down by alcohol. You will end up losing muscle and gaining fat from drinking alcohol, so drink as little as possible.

Alternatives: Water, Herbal Tea.
    What? Alcohol breaks down muscle? Let me clear this up. Energy use is neutral until alcohol is burned up in the system. So explain how muscle is broken down by alcohol, with peer reviewed scientific evidence to support it.

Reason: Potato chips are the worst of the fried foods, as they are usually deep fried and rolled in MSG and other artificial flavorings as well. This doubles the damage to your body, as the artificial substances fill your body with toxins while the oil in the potato chips add fat to your body. It is best to avoid fried foods as much as possible, as they usually contain massive amounts of calories that your body is completely unable to process. Fried foods in general will not only will add to your belly fat, but these foods will also increase your risk of heart problems by blocking your blood vessels and impeding your body’s blood flow.

Alternatives: Pita Chips and Hummus, Other Cooked Chicken (Grilled, Roasted, Baked, Steamed, Sautéed), Sweet Potatoes, Corn Tortillas (yes, it's a lot healthier than potato chips).

Positive responses, please.
    Again calorie count is the issue here. Eating 100 calories of chips isn't going to make one fat if they have 500 calories to spare.

Here's a positive response: You're good at BS.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    Nicely done...

+1
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options

Not even close to the mark. Not even within a mile.
    +1
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Whew...............

I almost got sucked into paying for that info via advertisement banners.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Please stop posting. The amount of misinformation you're able to cram into your posts is staggering. Are you buddies with Dr. Oz?