The Five Foods That Lead To Belly Fat

Options

Replies

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    MFP needs guidelines that auto-lock any profile that mentions Herbalife, Shakeology, etc.

I too thought this was a thread about those terrible ads with dancing pickles and bananas telling you that they will make you fat.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

It was me! Lots of solid no bullsh*t advice. I also don't sell anything and I know that the OP of this thread is really making it harder than it has to be.

My thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach

Yep, I agree with your thread and getting abs. :wink:
    Bout the way it works.....no shortcuts, that is for sure.

Thank you! I get a lot of comments about how people should do more cardio than I suggest. They can if they want, but they don't have to.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Wow I must be special.

3adc875e-c415-41b0-992d-6430c1d58507_zps849ede27.png

My hobby is baking and I have ice cream every day.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Wow I must be special.

Clearly, you're a sexy magician
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Wow I must be special.

You turn ice cream into awesome.

Well, ice cream is awesome already. I mean you turn it into being awesome. I mean...

You know what? Nevermind. Uh, well done.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Also, LOL at 5% bodyfat.

5% is kinda low for a dude, but definitely way too low for a woman. Personally, my goal is 25% BF. I started at 54% and have made my way down to 38%.

I think they're just questioning whether the OP's body fat is that low, since he states as much in his profile.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Wow I must be special.

You turn ice cream into awesome.

Well, ice cream is awesome already. I mean you turn it into being awesome. I mean...

You know what? Nevermind. Uh, well done.

:laugh: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Also, as an Irish girl, I take offense to potatoes being on your bad list.
    The potato is a beautiful national treasure.

I guess I'm doomed to stay fat. I ate a yellow potato for breakfast this morning. It had 1 oz. of cheese on top of it with 2T of chili. And it was tasty!
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

It was me! Lots of solid no bullsh*t advice. I also don't sell anything and I know that the OP of this thread is really making it harder than it has to be.

My thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach

Thank you! I get a lot of comments about how people should do more cardio than I suggest. They can if they want, but they don't have to.

My cardio is 1...maybe 2 days.
    45 min max....
    Consisting of stairmaster 20 - 25 min, and/or elliptical 20 min.
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Wow I must be special.

tUWx1KT.gif
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    IN!

blog2.jpg
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    facepalm_implied_zpsd2ad1928.jpg
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I am so totally having a KFC double down after my workout, in honor of this thread. Thanks for the inspiration!

:drinker:

Have a bite for me!

(I'm broke this week. :sad:)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

My cardio is 1...maybe 2 days.
    45 min max....
    Consisting of stairmaster 20 - 25 min, and/or elliptical 20 min.

I do 1 or two days, 30 minutes max. I hate stairmaster and elliptical, so I usually do interval runs based on perceived effort.

I push it hard enough on lifting days that I sweat a lot.
  • raichhype
    raichhype Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    so basically NO FUN FOODS ALLOWED EVER BECAUSE YOU WILL GET FAT AND DIE.

:(
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Hot dogs
    Beer
    Pizza
    Beer
    Hot dogs
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Your profile states
    "Lowered my body fat percentage from 13.8% to 5.4%!! "
    I'm not an expert, but I know that you are not 5.4% body fat in your profile picture.
    How you do know for sure that is even his picture?
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    1. Meats with lots of fat: Red meats, Pork, Sausage, Lamb.

2. Foods and drinks containing high amounts of sugar: Donuts, Ice Cream, Candy, Cookies, Cakes, Soda, Juices (Minute Maid, Tropicana, Kool-Aid, Any Fruit Punch), Iced Tea, Coffee or Iced Coffee, Latte, Mocha, Starbucks beverages. Any beverage from Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme.

3. White or Processed Foods: Flour-Based Foods (Flour Tortillas, Cookie Dough, Cake Mix, White Bread, Croissants, Dinner Rolls, Cinnamon Buns, Basically anything that can be baked that contains flour), Processed Pastas (Hamburger Helper, for example), Chef Boyardee Products, Campbell's Noodle Soups (yeah that's crap, too), Instant Oatmeal, TV Dinners, Top Ramen, Cup O' Noodles, Anything you can pop in a microwave and call "dinner," Potatoes, White Rice.

4. Alcohol: Beer, Wine, Champagne, Rum, Whiskey, Well, anything that contains alcohol.

5. Fried Foods: Deep Fried Chicken, Fried Pork Chops, Fried Potatoes or French Fries, Potato Chips (possibly the worst fried food you can eat).

1. Fatty meats are more satiating than lean meats, so portion sizes can be smaller.

2. Sugar is just a subset of carbohydrates. If your carb macro is fine, and you are getting enough fiber, than your sugars and starches will be fine too.

3. All food is processed in some way, and the color of it is irrelevant, though it is best to eat a variety of colors when it comes to fruit and vegetables. And personally, I avoid bleached flour and food coloring (except for candy and holidays).

4.Alcohol is toxic and shouldn't be consumed other than in moderation. It's not a food, per se. Cannabis is much better for your health.

5. Fried foods are fine, so long as you are careful with portions and it doesn't make you blow your fat macro.

*Positive responses, please*
    its well known that cannabis is directly related to going over your calorie limits

lol gotta hate the munchies
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    www..com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach

^ this is a great link:)
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    1. Fatty meats are more satiating than lean meats, so portion sizes can be smaller.

2. Sugar is just a subset of carbohydrates. If your carb macro is fine, and you are getting enough fiber, than your sugars and starches will be fine too.

3. All food is processed in some way, and the color of it is irrelevant, though it is best to eat a variety of colors when it comes to fruit and vegetables. And personally, I avoid bleached flour and food coloring (except for candy and holidays).

4.Alcohol is toxic and shouldn't be consumed other than in moderation. It's not a food, per se. Cannabis is much better for your health.

5. Fried foods are fine, so long as you are careful with portions and it doesn't make you blow your fat macro.

*Positive responses, please*

tKbrNDk.gif

Hey OP: FIFY.