The Five Foods That Lead To Belly Fat

Options

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    The Five Food Groups that lead to belly fat are the following:

1. Meats with lots of fat: Red meats, Pork, Sausage, Lamb.

Reason: Red meats, pork, sausage, and lamb are hard enough to digest, and because these are not lean meats, any fat that you consume from these meats will turn into fat quickly because your body cant burn it fast enough to avoid it turning into fat.

Alternatives: Lean meats such as chicken, turkey, and fish.

2. Foods and drinks containing high amounts of sugar: Donuts, Ice Cream, Candy, Cookies, Cakes, Soda, Juices (Minute Maid, Tropicana, Kool-Aid, Any Fruit Punch), Iced Tea, Coffee or Iced Coffee, Latte, Mocha, Starbucks beverages. Any beverage from Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme.

Reason: The reason that sugar is so fatty is due to the fact that the calories in sugar are the first to be stored as fat deposits around the body when they are consumed. These substances not only cause your immune system to break down, but they will actually be the main things that will cause you to gain weight and gain belly fat.

Alternatives: Fruits, Raw Vegetables, Peanut Butter, Meal Replacement Shakes, Protein Shakes, Protein Bars, Nuts, WATER, Herbal Tea.

3. White or Processed Foods: Flour-Based Foods (Flour Tortillas, Cookie Dough, Cake Mix, White Bread, Croissants, Dinner Rolls, Cinnamon Buns, Basically anything that can be baked that contains flour), Processed Pastas (Hamburger Helper, for example), Chef Boyardee Products, Campbell's Noodle Soups (yeah that's crap, too), Instant Oatmeal, TV Dinners, Top Ramen, Cup O' Noodles, Anything you can pop in a microwave and call "dinner," Potatoes, White Rice.

Reason: Any white flour, white rice, and white foods are usually refined to make the color more attractive, but the refining process removes all of the nutrients from the foods and leaves them with little to offer your body aside from empty calories. Those calories cannot be processed easily by the body, and thus they are turned to fat the minute you consume them.

Alternatives: Whole Grain Foods, Oatmeal, Wheat or Whole Grain Pasta, Corn-Based Foods (Corn Tortillas), Homemade Soup, Sweet Potatoes, Brown Rice.

4. Alcohol: Beer, Wine, Champagne, Rum, Whiskey, Well, anything that contains alcohol.

Reason: Wine, brandy, rum, and mixed drinks all contain high amounts of sugar as well, and, as mentioned above, sugar is the first thing to be converted by the body into fat. While a glass of wine every day is good for the heath of your cardiovascular system, drinking more alcohol is actually contributing to the deterioration of your body due to the fact that the muscle tissue is broken down by alcohol. You will end up losing muscle and gaining fat from drinking alcohol, so drink as little as possible.

Alternatives: Water, Herbal Tea.

5. Fried Foods: Deep Fried Chicken, Fried Pork Chops, Fried Potatoes or French Fries, Potato Chips (possibly the worst fried food you can eat).

Reason: Potato chips are the worst of the fried foods, as they are usually deep fried and rolled in MSG and other artificial flavorings as well. This doubles the damage to your body, as the artificial substances fill your body with toxins while the oil in the potato chips add fat to your body. It is best to avoid fried foods as much as possible, as they usually contain massive amounts of calories that your body is completely unable to process. Fried foods in general will not only will add to your belly fat, but these foods will also increase your risk of heart problems by blocking your blood vessels and impeding your body’s blood flow.

Alternatives: Pita Chips and Hummus, Other Cooked Chicken (Grilled, Roasted, Baked, Steamed, Sautéed), Sweet Potatoes, Corn Tortillas (yes, it's a lot healthier than potato chips).

Positive responses, please.

Ahhhhhh. Bad food!!!! Evil Food!!!!! Evil-Food.jpg
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Your profile states
    "Lowered my body fat percentage from 13.8% to 5.4%!! "
    I'm not an expert, but I know that you are not 5.4% body fat in your profile picture.
    ^
    Wasn't it you who made a similar thread about belly fat? And by similar I mean the the title was similar, the rest was just full of tried and true good information.
  • Kagami_Taiga
    Kagami_Taiga Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    yes yes, let the hatred of bad information flow *Emperor Palpatine*
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Edit nevermind, thinking of the wrong Star Wars character. The geek has failed with this one.
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I am so glad all these other folks said the first guy was full of malarky, because, I eat instant oatmeal everyday. LOL!Anyhoo, that being said, I really would like to know some of the key foods to avoid, I am 380 ish pounds and have been logging MFP but ittold me my intake should be 2290, can that bewrong? it seems like I am eating the same amount as before? I have been making healthier choices but by nightfall the dang snack attack kicks in and thenmy day of hard work gets completely erradicated! Thanks in advance folks!:bigsmile:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Your profile states
    I'm not an expert, but I know that you are not 5.4% body fat in your profile picture.
    ^
    Wasn't it you who made a similar thread about belly fat? And by similar I mean the the title was similar, the rest was just full of tried and true good information.

It was me! Lots of solid no bullsh*t advice. I also don't sell anything and I know that the OP of this thread is really making it harder than it has to be.

My thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    in, because...why not?

Lol at the 5% bf percentage.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Yeah....prolly not 5% BF.....

I wouldn't even classify myself that low.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

2. Foods and drinks containing high amounts of sugar: Donuts, Ice Cream, Candy, Cookies, Cakes, Soda, Juices (Minute Maid, Tropicana, Kool-Aid, Any Fruit Punch), Iced Tea, Coffee or Iced Coffee, Latte, Mocha, Starbucks beverages. Any beverage from Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme.

3. White or Processed Foods: Flour-Based Foods (Flour Tortillas, Cookie Dough, Cake Mix, White Bread, Croissants, Dinner Rolls, Cinnamon Buns, Basically anything that can be baked that contains flour), Processed Pastas (Hamburger Helper, for example), Chef Boyardee Products, Campbell's Noodle Soups (yeah that's crap, too), Instant Oatmeal, TV Dinners, Top Ramen, Cup O' Noodles, Anything you can pop in a microwave and call "dinner," Potatoes, White Rice.

4. Alcohol: Beer, Wine, Champagne, Rum, Whiskey, Well, anything that contains alcohol.

5. Fried Foods: Deep Fried Chicken, Fried Pork Chops, Fried Potatoes or French Fries, Potato Chips (possibly the worst fried food you can eat).

1. Fatty meats are more satiating than lean meats, so portion sizes can be smaller.

2. Sugar is just a subset of carbohydrates. If your carb macro is fine, and you are getting enough fiber, than your sugars and starches will be fine too.

3. All food is processed in some way, and the color of it is irrelevant, though it is best to eat a variety of colors when it comes to fruit and vegetables. And personally, I avoid bleached flour and food coloring (except for candy and holidays).

4.Alcohol is toxic and shouldn't be consumed other than in moderation. It's not a food, per se. Cannabis is much better for your health.

5. Fried foods are fine, so long as you are careful with portions and it doesn't make you blow your fat macro.

*Positive responses, please*
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    The Five Food Groups that lead to belly fat are the following:

Reason: Red meats, pork, sausage, and lamb are hard enough to digest, and because these are not lean meats, any fat that you consume from these meats will turn into fat quickly because your body cant burn it fast enough to avoid it turning into fat.

Alternatives: Lean meats such as chicken, turkey, and fish.

Reason: The reason that sugar is so fatty is due to the fact that the calories in sugar are the first to be stored as fat deposits around the body when they are consumed. These substances not only cause your immune system to break down, but they will actually be the main things that will cause you to gain weight and gain belly fat.

Alternatives: Fruits, Raw Vegetables, Peanut Butter, Meal Replacement Shakes, Protein Shakes, Protein Bars, Nuts, WATER, Herbal Tea.

Reason: Any white flour, white rice, and white foods are usually refined to make the color more attractive, but the refining process removes all of the nutrients from the foods and leaves them with little to offer your body aside from empty calories. Those calories cannot be processed easily by the body, and thus they are turned to fat the minute you consume them.

Alternatives: Whole Grain Foods, Oatmeal, Wheat or Whole Grain Pasta, Corn-Based Foods (Corn Tortillas), Homemade Soup, Sweet Potatoes, Brown Rice.

Reason: Wine, brandy, rum, and mixed drinks all contain high amounts of sugar as well, and, as mentioned above, sugar is the first thing to be converted by the body into fat. While a glass of wine every day is good for the heath of your cardiovascular system, drinking more alcohol is actually contributing to the deterioration of your body due to the fact that the muscle tissue is broken down by alcohol. You will end up losing muscle and gaining fat from drinking alcohol, so drink as little as possible.

Alternatives: Water, Herbal Tea.

Reason: Potato chips are the worst of the fried foods, as they are usually deep fried and rolled in MSG and other artificial flavorings as well. This doubles the damage to your body, as the artificial substances fill your body with toxins while the oil in the potato chips add fat to your body. It is best to avoid fried foods as much as possible, as they usually contain massive amounts of calories that your body is completely unable to process. Fried foods in general will not only will add to your belly fat, but these foods will also increase your risk of heart problems by blocking your blood vessels and impeding your body’s blood flow.

Alternatives: Pita Chips and Hummus, Other Cooked Chicken (Grilled, Roasted, Baked, Steamed, Sautéed), Sweet Potatoes, Corn Tortillas (yes, it's a lot healthier than potato chips).

Positive responses, please.

osy45v.jpg
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    OP does have a point in that fatty meats, over-processed foods, and white flour/sugar aren't the healthiest things to eat--but NOT because they lead to belly fat. Plus the contradictions (don't eat anything flour based, eat pita chips) make this hard to take seriously.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

Non- believer. I'm -15% body fat. I'm like air
  • Biggirllittledreams
    Biggirllittledreams Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Please stop.

ETA: These posts from you reek of both ignorance and arrogance, a double whammy of awfulness. Instead of taking the opportunity to learn from so many successful people on here so that you really can help your "clients" with better and more comprehensive information, you feel the need to make these preachy posts about how we're all doing it wrong. It just makes you look foolish.

Additionally, It's clear to anyone capable of thinking for themselves that all you're doing is regurgitating this nonsense in order to drum up clientele for your Herbalife consulting business which you promote all over your profile page. We've seen this type of crap on here before, and thankfully, the community here is intolerant of it.

AMEN. Fat = more energy consumed than is burned on a daily basis. Its really that simple.

There is some questionable evidence (AKA: a REALLY ****ty nutrition book I had to read for one of my courses) that eating foods high in fat tend to cause the body to slightly store more fat than is 'normal', but even that evidence claims that the differences are SO SO SO small that they're not really significant.

Besides, I'm a sugar junkie and I'm quite trim- especially around my waist.

Stop trying to use a supposed air of arrogance to manipulate people. I hope for the sake of others that nobody takes your advice.
  • DeEtteN
    DeEtteN Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    And here I thought someone was finally going to tell me what happens when you click on that ad for the "5 foods to never eat again" with the banana and the lady with the shrinking stomach :sad: .

HAHAHA this is exactly what I was thinking!
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Your profile states
    ^

It was me! Lots of solid no bullsh*t advice. I also don't sell anything and I know that the OP of this thread is really making it harder than it has to be.

My thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach

Yep, I agree with your thread and getting abs. :wink:
    Bout the way it works.....no shortcuts, that is for sure.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I am so glad all these other folks said the first guy was full of malarky, because, I eat instant oatmeal everyday. LOL!Anyhoo, that being said, I really would like to know some of the key foods to avoid, I am 380 ish pounds and have been logging MFP but ittold me my intake should be 2290, can that bewrong? it seems like I am eating the same amount as before? I have been making healthier choices but by nightfall the dang snack attack kicks in and thenmy day of hard work gets completely erradicated! Thanks in advance folks!:bigsmile:
    Maybe start your own thread
  • Biggirllittledreams
    Biggirllittledreams Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I guess that bottle of wine I drank last night made my belly fat. The scotch before the wine and the beer after probably didn't help either. But I feel great, lost another two and a half pounds and hit a new record low. I also upped my calorie intake and was under by only 14 calories. Only .8 pounds from my goal too! I do however eat good foods and avoid crap foods.

D: OH NO WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME THIS IM GUNNA BE SO FAT YO
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Also, LOL at 5% bodyfat.

5% is kinda low for a dude, but definitely way too low for a woman. Personally, my goal is 25% BF. I started at 54% and have made my way down to 38%.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 14" off my waist eating all those foods.

glee-blaine-darren-criss-quotes-11.gif
  • MityMax96
    Options

Non- believer. I'm -15% body fat. I'm like air

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: