200+ "Us vs. The Turkey"

Options

Replies

• akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    I'd been meaning to do this... and the weights are a bit of an estimation and I've lost about 5 pounds since, but I'm past half-way! Woo!

halfwayweight.jpg
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Day 12 done - OMG - my chin up bar came this week and even with the cheating (*coughs-modification*) method of 2 feet on a chair, I could barely do 8 reps... I just can't imagine being able to do a real one. I used weights during the leg ex today and I had super jello legs.

Amy - so happy you'll be joining me!!!! good luck on the fit test.

Kendal - I hope the bf signs up fir the gym.

Kristina - love the pics!!! Wowsa - you're doing great with weight loss. You're our super star.

Lacey - hope you feel better soon.

Kim - hip hip hooray!!! WTG with C25K.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    did get to the gym- 60 min on the bike, a little over 14.5 miles. I booked it.

Ate copious amount of sweet potato fries for dinner. calorie!fail. must be good the rest of the weekend now.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I feel mostly fine...food is just kindof moving quickly through me. LOL. Too much meat this week I think, especially since alcohol has been a quarter of what I normally drink.

Yeay! In an hour I leave and get to head home. Long day of flying, but I've got my movies on my ipad to watch and I might see if I can sleep a bit...I never can on a plane, but maybe this time?
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    safe travels to you Lacey!!!

Kristina - good luck eating better.

Amy - how was the fit test. I recommend you start the DVDs with stretch X. I'm doing the lean version. Which version are you planning to do?

Come on Kim - try P90X with us... But don't stop the C25K...

Kendal - maybe you could try cooking a healthy meal for the BF. DH always wants to go out but is happy when I cook. I now only agree to go out if we share a meal. It really does help the calories.

Just thought I'd pop in and say "Hi" before the weekend starts full force. In about 15 min, I need to get up and do day 13 of P90X... Today is Kepno X - martial arts kicking and punching. My weigh in yesterday was down to 183.75. That's much better than last week but not my best. I was 181.5 on Tues. The scale seems to be all over the place. Many people have asked if I started losing again cuz "you look thinner". Maybe I'm toning from P90X... Who knows??? This will be a horrible eating weekend since we are celebrating Thanksgiving. Company started arriving last night - we went out for dinner and DH and I shared towering hot roast beef sandwich. The cheese, crackers, sausage and wine before we left put me way over on cal. Today is pasties with gravy for dinner. Everyone will arrive by dinner tonight. We'll have 11 here for turkey on Sunday. The plan is to eat at noon so we can snack on leftovers all day. My aunt left all the deserts here last night (she's sleeping at moms) - I was drooling over pumpkin pie, pecan pie and cheesecake. The MIL is bringing apple pie. I don't think they will last until Sunday. I've already cooked the pound of bacon and a pound of sausage to put in the stuffing. It's not low fat or vegan. Everyone leaves Monday. Then I'll have to get back on track. After the workout, we are going up to Mackinaw to shop - my fav sport... With hunting starting Mon - all the stores around here are having great sales. Enjoy your weekend!!! Not sure how much time I'll have to get back on until Monday... Visiting with company takes priority...
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Victoria: the fit test was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Of course, I can't do a pull-up at all (no big surprise there) but I think I did ok with the other tasks. Here's my fit test results:
    Resting heart rate: 64
    Pull-ups: 1/2 (I got my feet off the ground but didn't get all the way up)
    Vertical leap: 7 1/4 inches
    Push-ups: 5 "real" push-ups
    Toe touch: I can reach 8 inches past my toes (made DH jealous!)
    Wall Squat: stayed in squat position for 1 min 37 sec
    Bicep curls: 20 reps on the green band (no idea how heavy that is, the band isn't marked)
    In & Outs: 26
    Heart Rate Maximizer: HR after 2 min of jumping jacks:170, after 1 min of rest: 114, after 2 min rest: 72, after 3 min rest: 65 (my normal resting HR), after 4 min rest: 67 (still my resting HR)

I am doing the Classic P90X program but I am also doing my running program along with it so I guess it will be kind of like the Doubles program. Did you do all the before pics in your sports bra and stuff Victoria? I guess I'll do that today too - I hate seeing myself in my sports bra :embarassed:

Kristina: I :heart: sweet potato fries - they are ridiculously good. Your pics look great!

Lacey: Have a safe trip home!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Amy - great job on the fit test!!! Good luck with the classic form. Your running will be a great addition for more cardio. I chose the lean version so that I'd get more cardio. The job thing and working out with mom stops me running more. Thus, I chose the lean version for more cardio. Yes, I took the photos in my sport bra and granny panty undies (no thongs here)!!! I'm not sure I'll ever post the pictures for public viewing.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    OMG! I just did my first P90X workout (chest & back and Ab Ripper X) and it was insane. My chest & shoulders are vibrating it was so hard. It was a really good workout but Tony Horton is monumentally annoying and cheesy.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    still alive. was back down to 215.4 this morning which is totally mind blowing because I ate CRAP yesterday and stopped logging around lunch time
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Just a quick check in. Evening ladies!

No exercise today. Eating not spectacular, but would have been fine for a workout day.

Plans are for tomorrow for a friend to come over for a run. I'm planning around 3ish miles. Longest since my foot fiasco. Hope it goes okay! While I've been good about other forms of exercise (and the scale has been friendly), I miss running and I have the Holiday Hustle 5K in just a few weeks, so I need to get back up to speed. Plus (half)marathon training starts at the end of this month and the first long run is like 8 miles. Definitely not ready for that. Need to start building up my base again. I feel like I just finished training for the last one!

Kendal- woot for back down to 215. Hope you didn't eat crap today. And just can't you eat crap, still log!

Amy- glad you got started with p90x! am looking forward to reading about your progress

Lacey- welcome home!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Amy - my cousin who's here got through 60 days of classic before her work got crazy. She said she almost puked the first time she did plyo. Her sister actually did get suck. I don't do that one with lean. Good luck!!!

Angela did bring her running gear - yeah!!! Not sure how far we'll go. She claims not to have run since her half in July. She's gone from a size 8 to a 4 since I saw her in April. Sighs. I dream of being that skinny.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Kendal: Yay for 215!

Kristina: Enjoy your run, it's always nice to run with friends.

Victoria: I have plyo today. We'll see if I puke! My chest and back and abs are soooooo sore already and I know it will only get worse as the day goes on!

I've got a run today (absolutely beautiful weather today!!!) and I'm doing P90X Plyometrics. I kinda want a nap just thinking about it.

Everyone have a great day!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Wow sick from work out...I had a PT about 5 years ago and the second time I worked out with him I literally thought I was going to DIE. I could barely crawl over to the elliptical at the end and about passed out and puked in the changing room. Funny thing about that though - that was the turning point for my body I guess because I ended up losing weight steadily after that. He was a great PT and its too bad I don't know where he is now, I'd pay the $ for him again.

Planes all went well yesterday..all on time and home fast. Yeay!. I am a total zombie though. I barely made it up past 7 last night and am having a hard time functioning today. The only difference this trip from the other two is the fall back time change so yeah. ITs going to take a few days to get past it.

I might weigh myself Wednesday. It will give my body a few days to recover and get back on the vegan food wagon. And back to the gym. That is goign to be painful tomorrow. But I will go for a minimum of 30 minutes, and I am betting as usual I will finish the work out. I need to get soem good sweat on.

Today I've made my menu for the week and am going to hit up Trader Joes, then we are going to sushi. Then home to watch dvr'd last weeks shows and bed early again. Its only 9:35 here and I seriously feel like I could go back to bed.

Tomorrow I will start replying to everyone again!

Happy weekend!
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I didn't get a chance to check in Friday so I'm doing it now while I have some ME time. I weighed in at 207.5 on Friday, which is great! Another 2.5 lbs gone. I am doing my best to see how long I can stay on this losing streak. A month ago I was going to settle for 210 by the end of the year, now I'm looking at definitely being under 200, as long as I can stay focused.

Yesterday I did day 2 of C25k. OMG I am so sore, sore in places I had forgotten can be sore. I ran yesterday sore, and last night had trouble walking, lol, and today pretty sore still. I have to run again tomorrow and my guess is I'll still be sore. When will it end!? My groin area and the muscles that are above my knees and run up my inner thigh, are really feeling it. I know it's good, but it sucks lol. I also noticed last night that the ball of one of my feet was a little tender. Not sure what's up with that. Anyways, I am seriously considering starting the P90x now, but I want some of this soreness to subside first. Also there is an adult Hip Hop fun class they are trying out for exercise at my daughters dance studio I'm going to give that a try on Tuesday, back to my youth i know! Little nervous but it could be fun?

Anyways, my food has been pretty on spot this weekend which is great, normally I spend all week making up for the weekend. I am looking forward to another great weigh in this week *crosses fingers* and hope the same for each and every one of you.

Lacy: Ugh, Jet lag sucks. I know you will slip right back into your regular routine and I hope the gym won't be too painful tomorrow :)

Amy: Way to go on starting P90x, i'll be joining you soon. You are having great weather???? I'm jealous, snow, cold, and cloudy here. It's quite depressing.

Victoria: You are doing great keeping at the P90x, are you sore a lot or has that subsided now? I'm excited to start. Just takes the first step I know, just like the running. I'm thinking if I'm feeling less sore tomorrow I will give it a go.

Kristina: Oooh, a 5k, I'm excited for that, maybe in a few months. So how do you train for that, do you just try to get your speed up once you can actually run a 5k or ? Noob here. Do you have to be constantly running to keep fit for new races and how much does taking a break from running set a person back?

Kendal: Great job getting down to 215. Weird how sometimes you can have a bad meal and you still lose, it seems like it can sometimes help jump start things again. Keep loggin girl!
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Somehow I survived my workouts today! I shaved 4 minutes off my 5 mile run time and the weather was absolutely gorgeous (nice considering they say it's supposed to snow any time now). After dinner (a yummy tortilla soup), I did my P90X plyometric workout. And now...I am soooo sore. Seriously, walking up & down the stairs makes me reconsider whether or not I really want to get a glass of water due to the stairs involved :embarassed: .

Kimm: Great job on your weight loss, you are rocking it girl!

Lacey: I miss sushi - enjoy it!

Victoria: I did NOT puke doing Plyometrics. I think the ONLY reason this is the case is because I've done the Insanity workouts that are really quite similar. By NO means was it easy - I just didn't vomit.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    My cousin and I ran 3 miles with her 2 dogs (so stops involved) and did it in 43 min for 13:40 pace. This evening with mom and aunt, took 3 dogs for leisurely 3 mile walk in 70 min. So great ex today. Now it's time for pumpkin pie!!! I'm having a blast with my fam.

Great job on 215 Kendal!!!

Awesome job on C25K Kim... Yes, I still get sore often form P90X but I'm trying to push myself harder each time. I just bought 10 pound weights for some of the exercises.

Amy - Proud of you on the plyo. Not sure that I'll ever want to tackle Insanity.

Kristina and Deb - how were your weekends?
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Lacey- glad you made it home without any horrible airport situations. Can you believe I am 27 years old and never been on an airplane??

Victoria- Glad that you've managed to get your exercise in even with family in town. Thats my downfall.....weekends (because I spend more time with friends and family)

Kim- Way to go on the c25k!! I tried doing week 1 again today at the park but I've lost everything I had built up (yet again). Today was a random fluke good weather day though, so I don't plan to really try it again till spring.

Amy- keep it up with the p90x!! I know you can do it!! You are a rock star!

I don't know why, but McDonald's advertising for the McRib is seriously working on me. I don't know if I have ever had one....or if I did, I wasn't impressed and didn't crave another. But I want one. Real bad.

Didn't eat well (yet again :frown: :embarassed: ) this weekend but the weather was good enough to take Lexi to the park. I forgot to count the miles but we went somewhere around 3-4. I was more concerned with the time instead of the distance so we went for an hour. Then I came home and spent about 2-2.5 hours painting the bathroom. I MIGHT be able to get away with one coat of paint, but I'll have to see how this coat turns out.

I did get my heart rate up a couple times with the boyfriend around....hahaha....get your mind out of the gutter! I don't count that as exercise!! anyways, as I was saying....Friday night we had a tickle/wrestling fight and I was laughing so hard I could hardly breath. Then the next day we had a nerf dart gun fight which also got my blood pumping lol. It was fun. :laugh:
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Kendal: Stay away from the McRib it cannot possibly be as tasty as the commercials make it out to be. It's meat pressed together to "look" like ribs - how weird is that?

Victoria: Great job on your run! And mmmmm pumpkin pie! I love the holiday season.

I did not sleep well last night. I went to bed early (due to being exhausted from my exercise) but couldn't fall asleep until after midnight and, even then, I kept waking up. I gave up trying when DH's alarm went off at 5:45 (and I am NEVER up that early in real life). By the time 10 am rolled around I was sliding swiftly into homicidal tiredness (not good for someone who home schools). So I gave myself an hour nap and let Gabe play video games (terrible mom, I know) but now I feel much less likely to bite someone's head off. On a happy note, I just got confirmation that one of my friend who I haven't seen in years is coming to spend Christmas with us! I love, love, love having people get together during the holidays and our prospects for that were looking kind of bleak until he asked if we'd be open to a visit. I'm psyched - first house guest since we moved to Germany!
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Morning ladies!

Lacey- good luck in getting back into your routine. You'll feel so much better when you clean your system out and get moving again!

Kim- you're doing great! Another consistent loss. You're going to be below 200 in no time! I remember I was somewhat sore when I first started c25k, but it did get better. Make sure you're stretching well after your workouts! You'll be ready for a 5K in a couple months. I started c25k in January and ran an Almost5K (2.9m) in March and a 5K with Victoria in April, and by then I was already running over 4 miles at a time sometimes. I didn't really train for it. I just was running at least twice a week, sometimes 3, trying to hit 3 miles each run, or you can mix it up with some shorter faster runs to increase your speed in the long run. Mix it up with some other crosstraining (i.e. bike, elliptical, swimming) to work other muscle groups, but continue to improve your fitness. I think if you stop all together, it can be hard, but it doesn't take long to get back into it, as long as you're doing something else to help with your cardiovascular strength. You will need to rebuild your base though. That's what I'm currently working on after taking a few weeks off from running after my half-marathon.

Amy- 4 miles off your time??? FABULOUS!!

Victoria- nice job on keeping moving over the weekend! Glad you're having a good time with your family.

My weekend was pretty good. Eating was not spectacular. I didn't even pig out on anything, per say... things just add up. Went to Olive Garden for lunch yesterday... had the salad soup and breadsticks (and split a dessert), and that was a pretty hefty amount of calories, and over 4000mg of sodium! Needless to say, I didn't weigh this morning and pounded the water.

I did get a 3 mile run in with my friend, which felt great. Foot feels okay today. Want to try and build up my running base again, so I'm able to run 5 miles pretty easily, because half/full training starts in a few weeks and the first long run is 8 miles. Why does that seem so long to me again? I ran 13 less than a month ago! haha

Planning on hitting up a salad bar at lunch today, even though I want chinese. I've got pub trivia tonight, which will not be good eating, so am trying to be good on the lunch front. Will hit up the rec center after work to burn off some calories to help make the day not be so bad.

TOM is due any day now, so it's not going to be a good weigh in week, no matter what. Not quite sure when it'll arrive though, as my system has been a bit out of cycle/whack for the past month. I'm none too pleased about it.

Hope everyone has a great Monday! Could be a hella busy week for me. I imagine I might start training for the manager position this week, and have several team meetings. And my annual review on Wednesday, which hopefully I'll be able to talk with my supervisor more about my thoughts and her plans for the position as well as more specifics about my pay raise (woo!). So much for easing my way on into the holidays!
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Morning ladies!

Lacey- good luck in getting back into your routine. You'll feel so much better when you clean your system out and get moving again!

Kim- you're doing great! Another consistent loss. You're going to be below 200 in no time! I remember I was somewhat sore when I first started c25k, but it did get better. Make sure you're stretching well after your workouts! You'll be ready for a 5K in a couple months. I started c25k in January and ran an Almost5K (2.9m) in March and a 5K with Victoria in April, and by then I was already running over 4 miles at a time sometimes. I didn't really train for it. I just was running at least twice a week, sometimes 3, trying to hit 3 miles each run, or you can mix it up with some shorter faster runs to increase your speed in the long run. Mix it up with some other crosstraining (i.e. bike, elliptical, swimming) to work other muscle groups, but continue to improve your fitness. I think if you stop all together, it can be hard, but it doesn't take long to get back into it, as long as you're doing something else to help with your cardiovascular strength. You will need to rebuild your base though. That's what I'm currently working on after taking a few weeks off from running after my half-marathon.

Amy- 4 miles off your time??? FABULOUS!!

Victoria- nice job on keeping moving over the weekend! Glad you're having a good time with your family.

My weekend was pretty good. Eating was not spectacular. I didn't even pig out on anything, per say... things just add up. Went to Olive Garden for lunch yesterday... had the salad soup and breadsticks (and split a dessert), and that was a pretty hefty amount of calories, and over 4000mg of sodium! Needless to say, I didn't weigh this morning and pounded the water.

I did get a 3 mile run in with my friend, which felt great. Foot feels okay today. Want to try and build up my running base again, so I'm able to run 5 miles pretty easily, because half/full training starts in a few weeks and the first long run is 8 miles. Why does that seem so long to me again? I ran 13 less than a month ago! haha

Planning on hitting up a salad bar at lunch today, even though I want chinese. I've got pub trivia tonight, which will not be good eating, so am trying to be good on the lunch front. Will hit up the rec center after work to burn off some calories to help make the day not be so bad.

TOM is due any day now, so it's not going to be a good weigh in week, no matter what. Not quite sure when it'll arrive though, as my system has been a bit out of cycle/whack for the past month. I'm none too pleased about it.

Hope everyone has a great Monday! Could be a hella busy week for me. I imagine I might start training for the manager position this week, and have several team meetings. And my annual review on Wednesday, which hopefully I'll be able to talk with my supervisor more about my thoughts and her plans for the position as well as more specifics about my pay raise (woo!). So much for easing my way on into the holidays!