200+ "Us vs. The Turkey"

Options

Replies

• anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Kendal: Bummer about the wreck making you miss Zumba but good job getting your workout in anyway!

Kristina: Glad your foot is feeling good enough to run on and that the scale is moving in your direction. Maybe u can get your scale to talk to mine.

Victoria: You are a P90X machine! You rock!

I've been doing ok. I got a 3 mile hill run in yesterday. Gabe was being whiny and that always throws off my groove though. I think I'm going to start baking my own bread. The bread we get in the commissary is previously frozen to make the trip from the US to Germany and that makes it really dry. German bakeries make good bread but the loaves are small and I don't really know what the ingredients are - not to mention that they are pretty pricey. I'm just gonna suck it up and make my own so I have control over what I'm eating.

Hope everyone has a good day!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I'm being lazy and putting p90x off until tonight. I made it to the health food store and am going to try growing my own sprouts. I also for tempeh. Now I've gotta figure out how to use it. And I need to stop eating the blanking reces cups.

Kristina - congrats on the job prospect!!! Do what makes you happiest. Money isn't everything.

Amy - I love making bread. I should do it more often.

Kendal - at least you weren't in the accident. I'm glad you still went to the gym.

Lacey - have you seen the moose yet. Was the bear siting exciting?

I'm off to water my sprouts, make juice and do the 16 min ab ripper video. I'll do the arm workout tonight. If it's nice out maybe I'll sneak a 2 mile run in (*starry eyed dream look*)!!!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I just changed my goals from losing 1.5lb/week to 2lb/week. It took me to 1200 cals a day so that means I will HAVE to work out every day so I can earn enough cals so that I don't go over. I picked a tough day to start seeing as I won't be working out tonight. I decided on Monday that I wouldn't worry about painting again till I didn't have a gym class to go to. If I can get it painted quickly enough I will Wii afterwards. I will see how this 2lb/week thing goes. If I start blowing it on a consistent basis, I will change it back to 1.5lb/week.

When I see people lose the same weight in a couple months that it took me to lose in a year, I feel like I've failed. I feel like if I tried harder and committed myself more to this, I would be losing weight faster and could really brag about my accomplishment.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Hello????? (echo...hello? hello? hello?)

anyone here? (echo...anyone here? anyone here? anyone here?)

where did everyone go? (echo....where did everyone go? where did everyone go? where did everyone go?)

marco?!?!? (echo....POLO!!)

hahaha
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    LOL, I'm here....
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Tired today and ready for some tea...I am so hungry...I ate close to 1500 calories today too.....ugh....I wish I could decide a calorie intake and stick with it...I have tried upping the calories...but it always scares me and I go back down....honestly the only time I ever ate the 2000 that I was suppose to was when I reset the metabloism back in June...which by the way I gained the 10 pounds and still haven't got it off yet...I had some pictures printed out today and it was from my birthday weekend back in June...I weighed in that weekend at 206.4...I loved the way I looked...I am so sorry that I tried the reset...all it did was put back on the weight it took me 6 months to loose... Weigh in this week wasn't pretty...but I'm hoping it was from some of the foods I ate at the reception Sunday and I have been pounding the water ever since. I was also pretty sore from the first week of p90x...oh, day 10 behind me and I also snuck in a run...tea is beeping...catch u tomorrow...
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    I'm alive ladies!!!

The thread has been slow since I checked in yesterday morning. Meant to check in last night and the day got away from me. Needless to say, this work thing is keeping me pretty busy!

Amy- glad you were able to get a run in yesterday. Good luck with the bread baking. My dad bakes his own and it's so yummy!

Kendal- sorry to hear about Zumba. You know, I have my ticker to lose 2 lbs/week, which has me at 1200 calories, but I rarely eat that.. even on days that I don't exercise, I just try to stay under 1400... preferably 1300. It can be frustrating when you see people lose weight like whoa, but I think (even though it's uber frustrating) losing it over time, healthy, it allows you to learn and make habits much more permanent, making it more likely to keep it off. Cause, I'm sorry, if I lose all this weight, there's no way I ever want to go back to where I was. Keep it up, and you will lose it... unfortunately it just comes quicker than for some than others. I don't think anyone in this group has lost a huge amount of weight in a super short amount of time. I was hoping to lose all my weight in a year. Did that happen? Heck no. I lost like just over half I wanted to, but it averaged out to around 5 pounds a month, which is totally healthy.

Victoria- keep at that p90x and STAY AWAY FROM THE REESES!!! They will not make the scale friendly this week.

So, this week has been pretty dang stressful. Firstly, let me get the food/exercise front out there. Have been eating well overall.. luckily this stress hasn't led to stress eating. I'm hoping I can learn to use exercise as a way to deal with it versus stuffing my mouth. I like that my job can be challenging, but is rarely stressful. This transition will be. So, eating was good. Weight was still hanging a bit under 176 again this morning, so I'm hoping it'll be good through Friday. Yesterday might involve both a crappy breakfast (continental breakfast at conference) and lunch (going out), so I might take tomorrow morning's weight as my final weight for the week, or wait for Saturday. Did NOT work out yesterday like I had planned. Didn't get out of the office until almost 6, it was pitch black, and I was exhausted. Today, I did get to the gym.. did a 10K on the elliptical, even though I really just wanted to go home. Didn't feel great doing it, but feel good about doing it, you know what I mean?

So yeah, still processing the whole work thing. My coworker leaving was officially announced at the afternoon team meeting, and basically no one by my supervisor, the person who's leaving, and I knew. A bit awkward. Lots of shock.. audible gasps. Still coming to grips with the whole thing. Had a 8am meeting this morning (ugh) with the two of them and the medical director at my clinic to discuss transitioning another social worker out at the clinic to supplement me. I just don't know how much I'll be able to still do there during the transition. *sigh* So, yeah... pretty stressed, but at this point, I'm planning on learning the new responsibilities in little chunks over several days, so I'm hoping it won't be too daunting. Still just working out really what my new role will be. Had lunch with my old co-workers to process it a bit. They are really happy for me, and it was nice to talk with others about what was going down. So yeah... per theory the rest of the week shouldn't be stressful. Attending a two-day advances in psychiatry conference at the U. So I'm actually doing something work related on a holiday tomorrow. Boo! But it's worth the information. So, it should be low stress on that end. Just a lot to process and the anticipation of the crap hitting the fan is a bit nervewracking. I know I can do it though. Thanks for the support ladies!

I hope you are all doing well. Check in!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Got in 76 min of P90X tonight plus 25 min of low impact aerobics with mom. Day 10 done and 80 to go!!! Hot tub still broken (*boo hiss*) Tomorrow is a light day of work, lunch out with 3 former patients, and shopping at Wally world for my company this weekend. Most of the company arrives Fri night but the in-laws are waiting until Sat. Turkey feast here Sunday!!! So many family members work retail that it's easier to celebrate a few weeks early. Sat we are hitting the sales at Mackinaw and having pasties for dinner!!! I bought a 24 pound turkey for 11 people - I love leftovers!!!! The scale loved me this morning and was down to 181.5. Must have been a fluke. Crossing my fingers it sticks.

Deb - the scale hated me last week too. I was up several pounds from the new workout.

Go Kristina Go!!! I'm so happy for you and the job. From experience, it's very hard to stay good friends with people once you become their boss.

Kendal - I think painting is exercise. I'll be redoing 2 bathrooms and the guest bedroom this winter. I feel for you.

Lacey - how's it going?

Amy - great job on the run.

Kim - glad you're hanging out!!
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Good morning wonderful group. I posted a thread yesterday asking about calories burned while painting. One of the responses contained a link that estimated my calorie burn so I recorded that as my exercise yesterday. (259cals/hr....took about an hour and a half) I didn't Wii afterwards even though I had plenty of time, but I only went over cals by about 70....I weighed in at 215.6 this morning. :bigsmile: I'm hoping I can get it to stick this week. Not sure if I want to do another night of painting or actually go to the gym tonight. I think the gym will win. Its a night to work on the leg machines. I like leg day.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Day 11 done with 90 min of yoga!!! It's actually the hardest workout. I'm off to get ready for work.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    maybe I should pull my bike out, fix the tires and try to find some trails to ride on.....I used to LOVE to rollerblade...maybe I should try to get back into that. I think the last time I tried (college), it hurt my knees and ankles. I wonder how it'd feel now. They will be opening an outdoor ice skating rink in a few weeks. that might be kinda awesome to try too. (I have ice skated before.....it KILLED my ankles....I was TERRIBLE at it)

I've been working hard all week but I havent done a thing today yet. Kinda feeling down. I asked off work for Dec 14th so I can go sign divorce papers. Then I was going through my Sent Mail folder and found all the emails to my bff in the days following the end of my marriage. Might have opened a can of worms I thought I had thrown away.

The boyfriend is working on a project in my town. The project lasts till February. He has a hotel room about 10 minutes from my house, but I'm curious to see how this relationship progresses now that he's close. I'm going to have to put him in his place if he starts disrupting my exercise routine. I'm not giving up my weeknight workouts. I've already given him several weekends, he's not going to mess up my weekdays too. My body can't afford the price of giving up real exercise.

I was 215.6 this morning. Hoping it'll hold till tomorrow. For some reason, Wednesday/Thursday seem to be my lowest weight day of the week.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Just a quick hello. I've been in a conference all day. Had a bagel for breakfast and went out to lunch (veggie sandwich, but had these delicious steak fries with it). I'm pretty exhausted though. All this work stuff has really tired me out, and I slept like crap last night. It's so pretty out. I sort of want to try and run, but my shins are a bit achy from the tread on Monday. I think I might still give it a try...

Was happy with my weight this morning. Hope it sticks for tomorrow!
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Tonight I decided to try something. I upped the weights on every machine I was on until I felt like jello/was a little shakey/really had to put a lot of effort in on the 8th rep.

I can't believe how much extra weight I added on some of the machines!!!!

I thought 100 pounds on the leg press was good, but I got up to 160 and probably could have gone for 180.

It was amazing. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • kimmrdodge
    Options
    I am going to come back and read and post on the previous post but I just need to post this while I can.

I am soooooo excited! I did it! I ran, week one day one of c25k! I did every single part completely, it was hard, but I did it. I will add, I have not run a single second in 15 years. As some of you know I have been struggling with the idea of running for a few months now. Now that I have done it I'm hooked! I didn't even fall off the treadmill like I thought I would, lol. In fact I was quite stable to my surprise. What was I AFRAID of?? Nothing hurts, but I bet I'm gonna be sore tomorrow. I am so happy I got over the hurdle of just starting. I wanna thank you guys for encouraging me to go for it. I can't wait to run my first 5k, I'm thinking spring, unless one comes up before then. Again, WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!

K, I have to go tuck my kids in, i'll bbs. I'm sure I have more to add but I'm on such a high right now I can't think.

Edit:

K, I was thinking I was gonna get out of that first run with nothing aching or hurting, Already I am feeling muscles I didn't even know I had and I have only been home 2 hours. I am in for it tomorrow aren't I?

LOL

Thank you GUYS!
  • kimmrdodge
    Options
    Alright, I have a few mins and had a chance to read your posts. I'm still on my first run high hehe. Keep up the good work ladies!

Kendal: Nice job upping the weights, I posted on your topic about it. That is the way to do it keep it up! I also discovered today that I do need to change up my routine to keep it interesting. I was fine with my old workout but was missing the excitement. I will be trying out an adult Hip hop class on tuesday to see if I want to join, it should be entertaining to watch me try to do that. But I'm excited.

Kristina: I hope you slide into your new job without too many bumps in the road. Change can be hard. I hope your weight loss sticks for tomorrow! Thanks for helping me believe I could actually run. Took some time for me to get the courage but I finally did it!

Victoria: You are rocking P90X, now that I have conquered my fears of running I may be able to do the same with P90X. Scares me Yoga is the hardest, I watched the workout. I think it could be very good for the body. Keep up the amazing job. I'd like to see before and after pics when you are done, you did take before pics right?
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    D@mn. I just typed out a seriously witty post about my engineer and his drum fingers doing double time to my secret favorite band Bon Jovis song on the radio and I had to change the station stat because he almost ruined the band for me...and how I decided today he is like a balding version of a bad '80's hairband...the little sayings and stuff he says at random times at work are generally funny, but repetitively over a million flights and 1000+ miles driven so far this week it doesn't quite translate as funny, rather more like smack him upside his bald head and tell him to get in the back seat so I can have some peace and quiet while I now drive because he is in lala land so much of the time that he kept missing turns...and cannot apparently read simple directions on our blackberries google map function either. Go figure.

Can you tell I am cranky and tired? I am not sleeping well and am ready to be done. Tomorrow I have another day flight, out and back into Toronto, and then home on Saturday.

I have. Never. Eaten so much meat in my life as I have this week. Shrimp, chicken, lox, steak, steak, cathfish, fried chicken, and tonight lox, cured meats from some country that starts with a P that I can't quite remember right now, lobster, shrimp. And tomrorow night we are supposed to eat at a restaurant called The Beast...can you guess? The menu changes each week and it looks fantastic...but let me tell yall. Even if I hadn't been just eating vegan till dinner for the past three weeks, this much meat is too much for my stomach to handle. I have the runs. And it is BAD.

I've only had time to work out once. I bet I've racked up 500 cell minutes this week with work and other customers. There have been to massive fires ive had to put out from afar. I can't remember the other two trips up here being this exhausting and there was WAY more flying than this time. So weird.

Well. It sounds like you ladies are doing great this week! I see people doing P90X yoga (I have heard it is extremely hard), C25K for the first time, having hectic work weeks and painting bathrooms (Kendal - how many coats of primer does a bathroom need? I wonder because I have two taht need done).

I need to see if I can get some sleep...I have to get up at 5. Again. Yeay me!!

Yeah...I am being overly dramatic. Thanks for reading! :heart: :drinker:
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Lacey- My bathroom was orange and I'm changing it to a pale yellow. It took two coats of primer. I MIGHT have been able to get by with one coat on the walls and cut it in twice at the top (where I had to do it by hand instead of with the roller), but I wanted to make sure I didn't mess it up....besides, I had enough primer paint to get two coats out of it.

Kim- I'm SO PROUD of you!!!! You kinda make me want to start c25k over again. But I hate the treadmills at the gym. I have felt them slide forward while I'm running and that scares the crap out of me. Plus I think I run faster when I'm outside, so I will have to find some kind of alternative for the winter.

I weighed 216.4 this morning (:grumble: thats a maintain from last week) so I have implemented a new rule for my weigh in. I will log whatever weight is lowest between Thursday and Friday morning. Its probably the muscle water retention thing after a hard workout, but I am not going to give up doing weights on Thursday nights just because it might make my weigh in worse on Friday morning.

OH YEAH! Mom called last night and one of the things she asked was what size clothes I'm wearing. I told her 18s and she was like "oh...well....I got some clothes lauryn (my sister) gave me that I can't wear and they are 14s and 16s." My immediate response was "I'LL TAKE IT!! I'm going that direction." So yay for clothes that will fit as I get smaller!! Talk about some more motivation!! YAY!
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    OH! Last night I kinda suggested to the boyfriend that he should join my gym since he'll be in the area till February. He said he might actually consider it cause he used to be all buff back in high school and in the army. He said he could leg press 1200 pounds!!! :noway: that would be kinda cool...give us something to do other than sit around watching tv shows and movies
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Well, no big surprise that I haven't lost any weight. Since DH got home, I've been slacking on workouts and a little bit on eating. He's done with his vacay time on Monday and I FINALLY got my P90X so I will start by doing the fitness test tomorrow and start the program on Sunday!! I'm super excited! I need to get my butt back in gear!

Kendal: It would be so great if you and the BF could go to the gym together, I hope he joins! And yay for clothes!

Lacey: I am so sorry for your intestinal distress! Get better soon!

Kim: Good job on starting C25K! I finished it this past summer and went from not being able to run for like 30 seconds to running 5 miles or so at a time. You should be super-proud of yourself.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Afternoon ladies! Again, a bit of a hectic day, as I was at a conference all day again. Pediatric psychiatric disorders. ooh ahh!

So, my weigh-in this week: 175.0 (-2.8 this week). Holy crap, right? I think that's the most I've lost in a week in months. Sometimes I've lost that much, but it's coming off a week where I've gained due to TOM, which totally doesn't count. Pretty exciting to be in the mid-170s... will now be approaching the low 170s! Woo! Only 7 more pounds to get out of the obese category. Really want to continue this trend, so am working really hard on the weekends to stay on task. I don't expect much or any of a loss next week, cause of such a good one this week. Plus, I think in about a week or a half or so, it's TOM, and we all know how that goes!

Didn't end up going to the gym or running yesterday. I was just exhausted. Went to bed uber early, and still struggled to get to sleep. I know it's work stuff running through my head, so still felt exhausted this morning. Am really thankful it's the weekend! My calves are super tight today. I know why though. My muscle aches usually come 2 days after working out. And I was on the octane elliptical on Wednesday and the last 5ish minutes or so, I was really trying to up my speed to get to the 10K distance by a certain time, so in order to really move my legs, I sort of had to bend my knees and lunge some more, and I think it worked out my calves much more than normal, because I am FEELING the burn today. Was thinking of either walking or originally running today, but with the tightness, I was leaning towards walking, but I'd like a bit more of a calorie burn, so I think I'll go to the rec center and bike. Should be okay. Eating was not spectacular today with breakfast and lunch, but should reel it in a bit and dinner and I really want to keep a hold on the eating this weekend to help continue the weight loss that finally seems to be a bit more consistent.

Kim- yay for starting c25k! Stick with it and you'll make so much progress so quickly! I started mine over last winter and look how far I've come!

Lacey- I'm sure traveling does not lend itself to great sleep OR eating. I'm sure you're looking forward to heading home. Nice job not completely derailing on the trip though!

Kendal- it's not like you have to stick to definitely Friday mornings, especially if you can attribute a pound or so gain that's out of the normal trend for the week that morning (i.e. working out hard the day before, eating a lot of salt). If you've consistently been approaching a certain weight all week, go with it! That's one thing that's nice about weighing frequently, as long as you don't become obsessive about it. You know you have ups and downs that often are not permanent but have a direct cause. And you wouldn't necessarily know that I might get uber discouraged seeing that number on Friday otherwise. And yay for free clothes! You'll be in them in no time, and can be good gauges on how you're doing. Remember, the number on the scale isn't everything! I dropped a size and lost very little weight (16 to 14), while it took me like 50 pounds to go from a 20 to a tight 16. I think going to the gym with the bf would be a great bonding opportunity! Better than the pizza extravaganza from last weekend!!

Amy- *twirls* p90x finally came in the mail?? Woohoo! Get crackin' missy!