200+ "Us vs. The Turkey"

Options

Replies

• anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    NO! My P90X has not come yet. I called Beachbody today and they are shipping me out a new one. Who knows when it will get here. I've ordered tons of stuff on the Internet since moving to Germany and everything takes about 2 weeks to get here but somehow I ran out of luck with the P90X. My fingers are crossed that the replacement one will get here speedy-quick!

I felt like crap all day today so I didn't run. I started feeling guilty about the lack of exercise this evening and DH suggested I try the Wii Active as I haven't done it in a really long time. I figured it'd be ok. It was a tough workout. I was sweating and everything. It was more than I was planning on doing so I'm counting it a victory. Hopefully, I'll be feeling better tomorrow and can do my fartleks (tee hee - that word is funny).

Victoria: Yay for your P90X!! I hope to be joining you soon!

Kristina: I wanted to be out of obese range by my birthday (that would have been 196 by this past Oct 18th) but it didn't happen. Now I'm shooting for that by the end of the year. I would be totally happy with starting 2011 off being simply "overweight". Gotta keep it going through the holidays!!!

Kendal: I'm right there with you chanting 210, 210, 210 (and I can't wait to be out of the 200's) - keep it up, we'll get there. Your Halloween pics on facebook were cute, BTW. Loved the costumes!!!

Lacey: sore is good, sinus issues are not. Hope you feel better soon!!!!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Not so good thing: eating spicy squash sauce on a somewhat empty stomach. Tummy grumbles...
    Good thing: brushing teeth after you eat so you don't want to eat anything else. Stops cravings for the Halloween candy Jeff hid. (thank god!)

I ended up working OT tonight and not leaving until 5:30, so no gym..but I had just enough cals for dinner and be just under. Yeay.
    Goal for tomorrow at gym is to get to 650 cals burned before I quit working out..that will help make up for tonight.

I checked the hotel in Sudbury and in Toronto, both have nice gyms, and I should be able to get at least two work outs in...really I should be able to do three or four. I just have to MAKE myself go. I can get up in the morning and do it and be done with it. Gotta. Do. It. I know I will be eating more and drinking more...but I can at least get some exercise in to combat it all. Usually I end up losing weight from all the walking, but I can make the extra effort to keep going.

Amy - good job for working it while you aren't feeling good!

Kendal, and Amy and Kristina and Victoria- yeay for picking a number and going for it!

I too think I need to get a number and just go for it...so...200 200 200 200...so. very. close to 200. Only 10 lbs. I can, WE CAN, do this!
  • Phatpatty
    Phatpatty Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    you guys have a great support system!! I can sympathize with you all!! --
    the wii active-- i started again today too!! It was killer--- could be because I did a two mile workout with leslie S DVD earlier this morning and ran thru Hell, yes Hell, :mad: Michigan Sunday-- it was great!! It was my third five k and very challenging nothing but hill after hill, I wish I could work up to the half marathon!! Well enough said I guess I have a new goal to work towards! As far as weight loss goes - I haven't done so well!! But I am back in action and more dedicated than ever!! I am hoping I can join your crew here seeing how great motivators you all are!! Take care :wink:
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    hey patty! welcome!!!

zumba didn't happen tonight. nothing went as planned actually. I got home and opened the door to find that lexi had pooped and vomited all over her crate. :sick: Immediately had to get her outside, took her crate outside, hosed it out, came inside and squatted as I cleaned the floor with clorox and paper towels. Then I had to go outside and wash lexi off enough so that I could bring her inside to the bathtub. She was literally sitting in her poop when I got home. She didn't like getting wet outside cause it was so cold, but I had no choice. So then I brought her inside and finished cleaning her up in the warm tub water. By then it was 6:30 and it was too late to go to zumba. I got on facebook and watched the news and it was all about voting, so I figured I would run down the street and vote......uhh.....yeah.....it took me THREE HOURS to vote tonight!! OMG! I got out of there at 9:45, had to run across town and get gas. I got home around 10:15. I finally ate dinner and then brought Lexi's crate inside. I am so tired.

The good news is that I didn't pig out today telling myself that I'd make up for it in zumba, so I'm still under my calorie goal for the day. But now I want something sweet so I think I'm just going to get something to drink and go to bed.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Welcome Patty!!! I'm planning on running a half marathon in Toledo on April 17th - if you start training now, you may be able to join me... I ran my first second 5K in April this year and then started the bridge to 10K training and ran the 10K in July. Then progressed to 1/2 marathon training and ran it in Oct. If I did it, you can. I can give encouragement but wont be do much running until Feb due to P90X training... Then, I'll be obsessing over running again. Running truly is a mental sport - esp as the distances increase.

I've already failed on my goal of no alcohol (*sighs*)... I had a mentally bad day. Why do people have pets and not chose to spend money on them? Seriously, I was at a client's home and the kitten started limping today and the mother was telling the daughter (she's 10) that they'd probably have to put the cat down. At least they made a vet appt but the mother whispered to me that she cant spend $200 on the cat to have it fixed. Her quote was "I just spent $150 to have it fixed". I offered to take the kitten (4 months old) and said I'd pay for the care rather than see it put down. I examined the kitty and I think it has a fractured hip. It got out this morning and they think a car may have hit it. (*sighs again*) They didn't call so I guess I'll find out Thurs what the final decision was.

The evening was a bust on food too since DH brought pizza home. At least I only had 2 pieces...

Kendal - I hope Lexi is okay...
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Victoria: That is soooo sad about the kitty. I honestly have a hard time understanding people who have pets but don't take care of them. I even equate leaving your dog in your back yard all the time as pet abuse. My boyfriend in high school had a dog that lived in the back yard - ALL the time. No one ever went out & played with him or anything. Pets are like children, they need loving care and attention and if you aren't prepared to give it, then maybe you shouldn't have pets.

Kendal: I am so sorry about your Lexi issues. Hopefully she got whatever bug she might have had out of her system.

Patty: Welcome to the group! Victoria & Kristina are running machines around here and I'm working up to the 10K distance. I'm sure you could get up to the half-marathon distance.

I still have a sore throat today and am in a generally bad mood. But I got plenty of sleep last night (thank you, NyQuil) and I'm hoping to get back to the running today. We'll see. Everyone have a great day!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I did the Ab Ripper X (16 min of pure torture!!!) and my stomach still hurts. I didn't know there were so many kinds of ab exercises. Tonight I'll do the Shoulder/Arm workout. I finally back to sleep and just couldn't get up an hour early to do it this morning.

Part of my trouble might be TOM cramping. Sometimes I wish menopause would just come and get this over with. On a positive note, I saw several people that I hadn't seen in quite some time while voting yesterday. Boy were they gushing at how great I look. Almost makes me wonder how bad I really looked (TOM angry at the world coming out). I just smiled and said thank you..

Maybe we should have named this group "Cranky Pant Super Pals vs the Turkey"!!!! It's just how I'm feeling.

Pets are like children. A client has baby Yorkies - and I just love them but I don't have a lifestyle that matches a dog. At least my cats are content to sleep all day. I guess I better quit rambling and go to work.

I have to remember life is like a what you think it is and turn my frown upside down. Hugs and have a great hump day...
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Kristina - I forgot to tell you congrats on zipping the 12 up!!! Hip Hip Hooray!!! I get the muffin top too with them... 175 here we come... We are just going to bust through the 180s...
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    There is a person across the street who leave their boxer in a fenced in area ALL DAY EVERY DAY, no matter how cold it is. It upsets me.

I'm holding steady at 215.4 this morning. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

My health insurance made us go to the doctor for a wellness visit to get our BMI, cholesterol, Glucose and blood pressure taken. We earn points if we hit certain targets and we won't have to pay as much for health insurance next year. I hit everything except my BMI (no duh!!) Even though I've lost all this weight, I still have to have coaching from someone. Tonight is my first call with them and they can call anytime from 6pm-7pm so I'm not sure if I can get to the gym. But I know I can get on the Wii and do something. I got my Gold's Gym Cardio Workout yesterday so I can try that out.

I forgot my lunch today. :grumble: I left it on the kitchen table right beside where my purse was. UGH. Now i'm not sure what I should eat. Maybe Subway? Maybe go to the store and get a salad? ...nevermind, I know what I'm getting! :smile: they have turkey chili in the cafe today! that stuff is so good it sells out by 12:15 (and the cafe only opens at 11:30)
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Lacey- I totally pull that toothpaste trick sometimes, and it totally works. I need to employ it more often. I'm not going to eat after I brush my teeth. Hope you get to the gym later today and that it goes well!

Patty- Welcome! Another Michigander?? *twirls* Victoria and I are both from Michigan as well. Congrats on the 5K! Keep at it-- you can totally get up to a half marathon. Victoria and I are proof. We both did couch to 5K less than a year ago (I finished in March), and last month we ran the Detroit Half Marathon together, and are planning another one, come April! I'm waffling on a half versus a full (probably will be a half), and will start training in a month or two. Running is such a great sport, once you get in the zone. I'm currently nursing a bum ankle, and not being able to get out there is killing me!

Kendal- sorry to hear about Lexi! Hope she's all right! Good on your for voting, despite the long lines. At least it shows that people did show up, despite it not being a presidential election. I voted right before lunch yesterday at the school, less than a block away from my place (love it) and I only had to wait about 10 minutes. Woo for the 215!!! I'm glad you hit almost all of the health targets. You'll get there with BMI- it takes a while, and you've lost a lot already, so don't let it defeat you.

Victoria- sorry to hear you had a rough day yesterday. it's so hard to see people not take care of their animals as they should. Jump back on that no alcohol train! Think of all the calories you'll be saving! Nice job on your p90x routine!

Amy- sorry to hear your still not feeling very well. Take care of yourself!

Yesterday I did okay overall with food. I went to the rec center and did an hour on the stationary bike (a little over 14 miles). Continue to up the resistance on it as well, so giving my heart a good workout. I'm thinking today will be an elliptical day. It should be a running day! :grumble: Foot is continuing to feel better though. Not really any pain, but still creaking. I should hold off until next week to try and get my jog on. Might start with a mile on the treadmill and see how I feel after that-- but not for a few more days, no matter how much I want to. I've been doing some crunches after my workouts and I'm definitely a bit achy today after 2 days straight of them. Shows that they are not nearly as strong as I would like, so that's something I need to work on. Frustrated with my stomach flab. What sucks is when I was smaller, my stomach was the last place I gained. I was close to 170 and had a pretty flat stomach (obviously gynormous lower half), but this time around, with all the running and lower body stuff I've done, my legs have continued to tone up (though are obviously still large), and my stomach has gotten smaller, but not nearly as much as I would have hoped. Eww to the flab. It needs to go away. Should be a decent eating day today. Still working off my vegetarian chili for dinner with a small salad, which is nice and filling, and have a new healthy choice to try for lunch (with my requisite apple).

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

I am down this morning to 209.2. Yeay! I know I should have waited to weigh but I couldn't help myself, so I logged the weight and will weigh again on Saturday for a final weekly weigh in. 200, 200, 200, 200...I keep thinking that every time I want to eat. All I can say is it feels really good to actually see some weight loss. I guess it is all about what I eat, this is week three of vegan till dinner and I feel good and my stomach fat is just going away quick as can be. It is the oddest thing! I wish my arms would slim down as fast.
    And I put on my new 18 jeans I just got from Old Navy - not only were the loose in the stomach but a bit in the hips too. I was shocked. Yeay!

Tonight I will get back to the gym.

Kendal - I hope Lexi feels better now, poor baby!

Victoria - I hate seeing animals hurt like that. It sucks and pisses me off. I used to watch that animal control show on animal planet channel and had to stop because it hurt too much.

Kristina - anything at the gym is better than nothing. Maybe it is good that you are switching it up a bit!

Amy - sorry you aren't feeling well..I am right there with ya. If my d@mn head would just unplug I'd feel so much better. It is so frustrating.

Welcome Patty!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Yay Lacey!!!!!

Day 3 complete of the p90x series and I also threw in 500 steps on my 8" box....I have always wanted to try it after seeing the biggest loser contestants do it...it really gets your heart rate up there...I might do more of it...easy to do in front of the tv.

Nap time over...GG's has to get busy with snacks!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    I wanted to get back on here really quick...apparently November is Vegan MoFo month for foodbloggers..many of them will be focusing on vegan dishes..YEAY US!

So Amy, Kristina and Victoria (and everyone else who wants to try some meatless dishes): http://veganmofo.wordpress.com/
    Also do a simple search for Vegan MoFo on the net.

I am excited because I am needing some more lunch recipes when I get back in two weeks from my trip.

On another vegan dish note, my salad this week is AWESOME, here is the recipe:

In a rice cooker:
    1 cup israeli couscous
    1/2 cup wheat berries
    1/2 cup rice (I used orzo because its what I grabbed)
    2 cups veggie broth
    water
    a ton of cumin, paprika
    celery salt
    dried cranberries or yellow raisins or cherries (the raisins are my fav)

Cook until done.

On a plate:
    2 cups lettuce, onion, the above mix heated up
    lemon juice, evoo and some vinegar with a bit of salt and pepper

OMG SO GOOD and filling!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Sorry one more... (http://vegannomnoms.blogspot.com/search/label/soy free) - scroll down to see pics but here's the recipe. I want to make this!!!

Chocolate Coffee (Almost Raw) Dessert Cups

Bottom Layer:
    - 1/2 cup almonds, ground into flour (or just buy almond flour)
    - 1/4 cup cocoa powder
    - 1/2 tbsp. very fine ground coffee or instant espresso
    - 1 tbsp. "milk" of choice
    - generous drizzle of agave nectar, to taste
    - sprinkling of cinnamon
    - dash of cayenne pepper (optional, I didn't use)
    - pinch of sea salt
    *more cocoa powder and cinnamon for garnish

Whipped Top Layer:
    - 1 cup cashews or a mix of cashews and macadamia nuts
    - 1 cup "milk" of choice
    - 1/8 - 1/4 cup agave (depending on how sweet you like it)
    - 1 tablespoon lemon juice
    - 1 tablespoon vanilla
    - pinch of salt
    - 1/4 cup cocoa butter

In your food processor, grind the almonds until they resemble a coarse flour. In a small bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cocoa powder, coffee (I just ground some coffee beans at the finest setting in my coffee grinder), cinnamon, cayenne pepper (optional) and sea salt. Add the "milk" and agave and mix to combine. Adapt amounts for your own flavor/texture preferences. The mixture should be damp, but still sort of crumbly.

For the whipped layer, blend everything in your food processor or blender until combined and smooth. In mugs or small containers, make a layer of the crumbly bottom mixture then cover it with 4-5 tablespoons of the whipped layer and chill in the fridge for at least an hour. When ready to eat, sprinkle with some cinnamon and cocoa powder and serve!

This made three of these little cups below. I'd say the serving size was about 1/2 cup each.
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Lacey, both recipes sound fab! Especially the couscous. I'm going to have to give it a try!

Hope everyone is doing well.

I brought in a healthy choice today for lunch and was completely underwhelmed by it, so ended up getting Subway, which upped my calories for the day, but not horribly so. My sodium intake looks out of control, but it's actually less than what it says. I'm using a vegetarian chili recipe that happened to already be in the recipe calorie search, but I modified it, so I'm not adding any extra salt, and the recipe calls for the whole cans of beans... and I drain and rinse all of them. I know they still have sodium, but it's not nearly as bad as that. Even still, will pound the water. Scale was on the downward trend this morning... barely.

Hit the rec center. Did an hour on the elliptical. Went 5.45m, burned a nice amount of calories. Feel accomplished for the day. Plan to catch up on the DVR and do some reading this evening.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Today's workout with P90X was my fav!!! The Ab rippper X sucked but I loved the sh/arm workout!!!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Work out day two goals met. I was NOT feeling the work out at all, but I did it and got through it.

I have a ton of extra cals today and I can tell it, my stomach is still grumbling and Ive already had a reeses pb cup and a bit of wine. Contemplating eating a Graham cracker with pb on it but not sure. I will wait for a bit.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    I have been really "blah" for the past 2 days. I got a walk in yesterday but that was it. Today, I am feeling better than I have in a couple days but still not 100%. I am still planning on getting my run in. I haven't run since Monday and I am feeling antsy. We bought the Wii Sports Resort and the Wii motion controller accessory (it makes the Wii remotes even more sensitve to your movements) and so we spent a while playing the game yesterday. It isn't marketed as a workout, like the Wii Active, but my arms were getting sore (from the "canoeing" especially). So at least I didn't sit on my butt and do nothing ALL day. I have guilt issues when I miss a workout, I have to get over it - I've been sick, I shouldn't beat myself up for feeling crappy.

Lacey: Good job meeting your workout goals! The Reese's PB cups have been calling to me since Halloween, I'm toying with the idea of tossing them (DH might kill me, though). You're recipes look divine - I'll be checking them out!

Victoria: So excited for your P90X workouts - you're doing great!!!

Kristina: Hope your foot is feeling better. Good job on the elliptical!

Hope everyone has a good Thursday
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Holy Cr@p Batgirls - I am now a pretzel and almost couldn't finish the 90 min Yoga workout. I was shocked at how hard it was!!! I literally was shaking 1/2 of the time trying to hold poses and yes I fell several times. Be prepared to hurt if you try it. So far with Day 4, I'd say the workout is really worth it. It's pushing me to do things I normally wouldn't. I ached in places I didn't know I had before starting the Yoga workout.

Amy hope you feel better soon.

Great job Lacey.

Kristina - Subway - YUM...
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Victoria: I realize that feeling jealous of your painful P90X workout is really twisted but I totally AM!!!! I can't wait to be as sore as you are! I did do the Wii Active game this morning and my arms are getting sore. Still feeling under the weather, so I don't know if a run will happen today but I'm ok with it.