using your children as a profile pic?

Options

Replies

• Always_Belle
    Always_Belle Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the medium. On a site like this I would not post my kids pictures unless it was a temporary thing. Definitely not permanent. On FB? yeah, I've done it but FB is a 'friends' gathering place. I know these people and they know me and we communicate there. Twitter? I've posted one of my kids pictures when she received an award and then I took it down.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    my profile pic isn't my child.... it's my great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great* grandmother.

*or however many greats there should be in 50,000 years can't be bothered to type them all

ETA: in other news I don't really care if people use their kids pics as their profile pics or not
  • mommypennylane
    mommypennylane Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    There are many reasons someone might not be comfortable with their face even if it is the only one they have. I have psoriasis and I have LOTS of days where I am not comfortable in my own skin, including my face.

As far as the kids, I like showing pics of myself WITH my kids but not just my kids typically.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I had a picture of my chubby stomach up for a while to motivate myself to eat better every time I logged in so yeah I'm sure that was irritating for others to look at or gross at the least hehe so yeah guess I have to give others some leeway on what they put up.
  • FitWithWit44
    FitWithWit44 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I don't use a picture of my child because it is tough to be rated a 10 or get spanked, but otherwise don't give a **** what people think about how I select MY avatar.

But I do love my adorable child
    ZOMBIE_BABY_by_UMINGA.jpg
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,039 Member
    Options
    There are many reasons someone might not be comfortable with their face even if it is the only one they have. I have psoriasis and I have LOTS of days where I am not comfortable in my own skin, including my face.

Or maybe people just like using different avatars for different reasons and it has nothing to do with whether they are comfortable with their face?
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't post photos where my child's face is recognisable, because I believe they deserve some privacy and it's none of my business to post them left and right all over the internet, before they can make the choice for themself, but what you post really is your thing. I like seeing a photo rather than the newbie member, but whatever, it doesn't affect my day in any way.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    It bothers me only in the sense that it frightens me how much people lose their sense of self when they have kids.

Says Mrs Lannister.....
    Being a proud nerd isn't losing my sense of self, just the opposite.

I was referring to Cersei making a move on her offspring this one time in band camp

Ah, But Cersei isn't Mrs Lannister, she's Mrs Baratheon.

Aww!!! You said it before I could...
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

>>How can you NOT love this face?

ETA: He is my third child AND my dog.:smile::smile:

That is a cute dog
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Because its MY fitness pal not YOUR fitness pal. So if you don't like it, pay attention to one of the other 999,999+ users on this site who have profile pics more in line with making your online experience an aesthetically pleasing one.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,297 Member
    Options
    Because its MY fitness pal not YOUR fitness pal. So if you don't like it, pay attention to one of the other 999,999+ users on this site who have profile pics more in line with making your online experience an aesthetically pleasing one.

yes Ma'am....thanks for helping me see the error of my ways
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options

yes Ma'am....thanks for helping me see the error of my ways

Hush before I image search your crockpot and you subsequently find me crouched outside your window tonight :tongue:
  • tjthegreatone
    tjthegreatone Posts: 324
    Options
    I would never put a photo of myself on an open site such as this. I prefer to preserve my anonymity. I don't have children but if I did, the thought of using their photos would be even more disturbing as it breaches their anonymity too. So I don't necessarily judge people who do, but I marvel at their ?confidence ?faith in humanity ?lack of concern.

I put up a t-rex as my avatar since it describes my relationship with food... I'm always a ravenous prehistoric predator :laugh:
  • iAmWrythm
    iAmWrythm Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This topic screams insecurity. I hadn't read most of the replies before I submitted mine and yikes, it's just a photo folks. No different than somebody having their default facebook photo as their child. If it's a lack of confidence in their self-image, all the more reason not to shame them.

I have no issues with self-confidence. If you want to go check out my picture of my butt and quads, you'll see why. I just find it inspiring that my youngest is a seasoned racer now.

Plus, the two-year-old race was an "aww" moment for everybody at the Peachtree Junior. I love the way they run on those short little legs.
    Of course I'm not talking about you if you don't lack self-confidence. I said if that happens to be the reason, nobody ought to give them grief for it. I think it's awesome and adorable. :)
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I could not care less what people use as a profile pic.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    This topic screams insecurity. I hadn't read most of the replies before I submitted mine and yikes, it's just a photo folks. No different than somebody having their default facebook photo as their child. If it's a lack of confidence in their self-image, all the more reason not to shame them.

I have no issues with self-confidence. If you want to go check out my picture of my butt and quads, you'll see why. I just find it inspiring that my youngest is a seasoned racer now.

Plus, the two-year-old race was an "aww" moment for everybody at the Peachtree Junior. I love the way they run on those short little legs.
    Of course I'm not talking about you if you don't lack self-confidence. I said if that happens to be the reason, nobody ought to give them grief for it. I think it's awesome and adorable. :)

:flowerforyou:
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I rarely have photos of myself. I've generally got photos of my favourite Doctor (Whovian!!!) but I did today just change my avatar to a pic of me and one of my boys taken last weekend.

They are the most important thing in my life and I love to show them off.
  • FitWithWit44
    FitWithWit44 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you don't have any children OP...

why yes I have children I have a beautiful daughter but I don't want to use her face as my profile pic after all she's not using My Fitness Pal I am so there's really no reason for her to be on here.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNbjkulHPCwn31p18AtvMd_zhcCtkFuujkb02YgX0WhNiVpL7u

amazon-bar-start-400x300.jpg
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I agree. People who don't post profile pix of themselves should be boiled in oil! Olive Oil, preferably -- EVOO even better.

I refuse to be boiled in anything but coconut oil.