using your children as a profile pic?

Options

Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Using a photo of your child as a profile pic =/= losing your identity in your child. You guys are reading WAY too much into a freaking avatar.

I'm really surprised that this is even a thing to get worked up over.
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I dont hate it but I dont feel like Im talking to a real human when it happens. Every time I see someone with no picture of themselves I think they lack on confidence because they think they are ugly or they are not happy with the way they look. I thought Photoshop softwares were made for that but it seems like they dont like to use them. lol
  • OnlyMissy
    OnlyMissy Posts: 122
    Options
    or we could all just take a pic of our nipple and put it as our display picture. LOL :flowerforyou:
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,293 Member
    Options
    or we could all just take a pic of our nipple and put it as our display picture. LOL :flowerforyou:

easily traceable with reverse image search
  • iAmWrythm
    iAmWrythm Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This topic screams insecurity. I hadn't read most of the replies before I submitted mine and yikes, it's just a photo folks. No different than somebody having their default facebook photo as their child. If it's a lack of confidence in their self-image, all the more reason not to shame them.
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    If it's just a pic of your kid, I think it's kind of odd to use as the profile pic. Adults should have their own identity....separate from their children and vice versa. In this world of overly involved parents, however, that is becoming increasingly difficult.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    It's better than using someone else's child as your profile pic. That would just be creepy.
  • geminigrey
    geminigrey Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    BRB, going to change my profile pic to my kid now. :D
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Still looking for the kitty gifs :sad:
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My kids are teenagers now so I only use pics of them as profile pics when I feel like embarrassing them.

^^ This!! So much fun! :bigsmile:
  • salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I do alot of this < me and my kid. But never just her. And I change it sometimes to just me or me and my fiance
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    If it's just a pic of your kid, I think it's kind of odd to use as the profile pic. Adults should have their own identity....separate from their children and vice versa. In this world of overly involved parents, however, that is becoming increasingly difficult.

LOL But my favorite car...that's ok, right?
  • likitisplit
    Options
    This topic screams insecurity. I hadn't read most of the replies before I submitted mine and yikes, it's just a photo folks. No different than somebody having their default facebook photo as their child. If it's a lack of confidence in their self-image, all the more reason not to shame them.

I have no issues with self-confidence. If you want to go check out my picture of my butt and quads, you'll see why. I just find it inspiring that my youngest is a seasoned racer now.

Plus, the two-year-old race was an "aww" moment for everybody at the Peachtree Junior. I love the way they run on those short little legs.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Level Four.

You think? I'd rate it as a Level 3. No kitty gifs.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    For the record, I am also not in favor of putting your kids pics up especially on the forums...not because I mind kids but because I think internet is not a safe place to do that.

One women trusted me enough to send me pics of her kids without my asking, and I told her not to do that again.....she got real offended.

The internet is safer than real life...

INORITE? I had a creepy old dude offer to buy my daughters. Another time, this lady offered to borrow my kids and put them to work in her yard for free. Normally strangers don't bother me, and I take it all with a grain of salt... but the lady was actually kind of criminal minds scary like.

I worry more about those kinds of people than someone who lives 3000K away.
    That said... I rarely post my kids pics in my profile pic anyways.

Well, they look exactly like younger models of you, so we pretty much know what they look like anyway.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    It bothers me only in the sense that it frightens me how much people lose their sense of self when they have kids.

Says Mrs Lannister.....
    Being a proud nerd isn't losing my sense of self, just the opposite.

Ditto with being a proud parent.
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I have had many profile pics of myself WITH my son, but would never use him exclusively as my image. I do have his pic as my avatar on FB, but I'm the type who only friends people I actually *know*... they know what I look like, they want to see the baby - he's much cuter! LOL
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    okay this topic might get a little heated and debated and I might even offend some people and make angry at me but I really don't care and I'm sure I'm coming off as a *kitten* but I'm really not.I just have to know if I'm the only one that gets a little irritated when someone uses their children as a profile pic? I mean its not you its your children so why is your child's face being used as a main

I sometimes include my family member in my pics. Sometimes I put them only in my profile pic.

I care whether you approve about as much as I care if you like the shirt I am wearing today.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,031 Member
    Options
    I understand where your coming from since this site is also kinda a dating site/friend site.. It's also a site that causes a lot of issues in marriages..

My question is why are you honestly here? I feel the people who use children as their main pic as that is their motivation to exercise and get healthy. I see nothing wrong with it, but for those that want to see the woman and or man's personal body/progress right away have other ideas in their head.

Maybe some people don't see it as a dating / friend site.

Can't say I've ever seen it that way - it is myfitnesspal not my dating pal.

What I post on this site shouldn't be viewed differently if I look a certain way - that seems really shallow to me.
    So does OP's viewpoint.

Anyway if you don't like my Christmas pudding avatar - tough luck.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    One of my friends on Facebook changed their profile picture to their 3 1/2 year old daughter. They buried their 3 1/2 year old daughter on Saturday. I see nothing wrong with that.