So I'm thinking about doing a push-up challen for Nov...sinc

Options

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I'm still in. Will be doing week 4 day 1 today but will be after my chest and shoulder weights workout so not expecting any PB's :P
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I read through a ton of the posts and everyone is doing so amazing! Which is to be expected...MFP'ers are amazing! :o)

I'm not sure when we are supposed to be checking in...I thought it was Monday but just read Fridays? Ha ha! Ah well! Does there have to be a method to our buff madness? I think not!!!

I'm on week two of doing modified pushups right now. Before I start I always try to do as many REAL pushups as possible and I'm up to around 10, give or take. So that is awesome! I hope eventually to be able to do them all like a pro! But for now I'm happy!

I'm Week 2 Day 2 and averaging 60 modified pushups...I can't believe it! I know they are modified...but I'm still thrilled! I'm beating my husband!!! Ha ha! I think my goal is to complete this doing it modified and turn around, start it again doing it with real pushups....AHHH! That will make me even more grateful for these!!!

You are all doing awesome!!!! :o)
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I read through a ton of the posts and everyone is doing so amazing! Which is to be expected...MFP'ers are amazing! :o)

I'm not sure when we are supposed to be checking in...I thought it was Monday but just read Fridays? Ha ha! Ah well! Does there have to be a method to our buff madness? I think not!!!

I'm on week two of doing modified pushups right now. Before I start I always try to do as many REAL pushups as possible and I'm up to around 10, give or take. So that is awesome! I hope eventually to be able to do them all like a pro! But for now I'm happy!

I'm Week 2 Day 2 and averaging 60 modified pushups...I can't believe it! I know they are modified...but I'm still thrilled! I'm beating my husband!!! Ha ha! I think my goal is to complete this doing it modified and turn around, start it again doing it with real pushups....AHHH! That will make me even more grateful for these!!!

You are all doing awesome!!!! :o)

That's what I'm doing as well. Completing the entire 6 weeks doing modified push ups and then moving onto knee ones and then real ones. So it'll take me closer to 4 months, but that's fine. :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I'm still doing the push up challenge, I went a little MIA after my weigh in last week (was not at all where I wanted it)....and I got all cranky and needed a break. BUT I did keep up with my logging & my challenges.

Today I did 29 modified push ups...10 in a row...though at ten my arms were shaking and I almost died lol.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I'm still doing the push up challenge, I went a little MIA after my weigh in last week (was not at all where I wanted it)....and I got all cranky and needed a break. BUT I did keep up with my logging & my challenges.

Today I did 29 modified push ups...10 in a row...though at ten my arms were shaking and I almost died lol.

29! That's great!
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Amanda...everytime I read that you are PREGNANT with your third and doing this challenge...my jaw drops. Every. Time. You are amazing!!! :o) I'm having a hard time and I don't even have a uterus!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Seriously girl! You rock!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Finished Week 3 Day 1!!!

Max set was 30 modified push ups, for 85 total!!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Come on guys!! How is everyone else doing?!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Good morning! You are all doing a great job! I'm going to need to take a break from this challenge until I regain my health and strength. I have been a bit under the weather and I know I need to cool my jets so I can get better faster. I will be back! :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Good morning! You are all doing a great job! I'm going to need to take a break from this challenge until I regain my health and strength. I have been a bit under the weather and I know I need to cool my jets so I can get better faster. I will be back! :flowerforyou:

Feel better soon!
  • aprilshowers13
    Options
    I've been slacking on the push ups this week. Only because I've taken this week off from excercise to give my body a break. :drinker: I think I can add push ups. BRB with amount
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I've been slacking on the push ups this week. Only because I've taken this week off from excercise to give my body a break. :drinker: I think I can add push ups. BRB with amount

You can do it!
  • loverstreet
    loverstreet Posts: 227 Member
    Options

I will be starting week 2 day 1 tonight after work. It'll be interesting to see how I do! I think I might try the sit up challenge as well. I've seen some other posts that gave me the idea.
  • AmandaR910
    Options

I will be starting week 2 day 1 tonight after work. It'll be interesting to see how I do! I think I might try the sit up challenge as well. I've seen some other posts that gave me the idea.

I did the first 3 weeks of the sit ups and am now doing maintenance sit ups (crunches though) until after I have my son. I was able to go from 40 to 93 in 3 weeks and I'm 8.5 months pregnant. :) It definitely works!
  • aprilshowers13
    Options
    31 push ups on a small incline. My arms are tired!
  • loverstreet
    loverstreet Posts: 227 Member
    Options

I did the first 3 weeks of the sit ups and am now doing maintenance sit ups (crunches though) until after I have my son. I was able to go from 40 to 93 in 3 weeks and I'm 8.5 months pregnant. :) It definitely works!

Holy cow! That's so great! Congrats on the baby boy to be! I definately better start the sit up challenge tonight! I'm still staring at a flabby belly after having two kids...and that was three years ago. That's for the inspiration!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Finally got around do doing week 4 day 1 which is
    60 seconds rest in between

21,25,21,21, AMAP and I got 40.

Also, just letting people know that you can download a pdf booklet from that website and it shows you how to fold it up nicely :)
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Finally got around do doing week 4 day 1 which is
    60 seconds rest in between

21,25,21,21, AMAP and I got 40.

Also, just letting people know that you can download a pdf booklet from that website and it shows you how to fold it up nicely :)

Great work!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Just finished Week 3 Day 3!!!!!!

94 total, max set was 27.

Going to do two extra max sets this afternoon, but I can DEFINITELY see this working. I've more than doubled my initial test already.

I'm starting the 200 Squats today too.
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Ok, so since started this challenge, I've been doing 10 push-ups a day and I'm already passed 100, and sitting at 120 for the month! :bigsmile:

If I keep it up, I could have 300 by the end of the month!! Wow, that's probably more in my entire life time, lol! :laugh:

How's everyone else doing???