Underwear is so overrated

Options

Replies

• CitizenXVIII
    CitizenXVIII Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Seriously, you guys need to invest in running shorts. They have a breathable liner that keeps the business supported without giving you a nasty swamp-crotch. I only wear running shorts to workout, and my wife wears either running shorts or compression gear. Sweaty cotton undies are not only gross, they put you at risk for an infection.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the day I don't wear undies is the day my pants will rip and also I have no extra sweater or such to wrap around the hips. And the day I wear nasty undies/bra is the day a car will decide to put me in an ER. So I wear the stuff. I think they call it Murphy's law or something...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Seriously, you guys need to invest in running shorts. They have a breathable liner that keeps the business supported without giving you a nasty swamp-crotch. I only wear running shorts to workout, and my wife wears either running shorts or compression gear. Sweaty cotton undies are not only gross, they put you at risk for an infection.

the problem I have with those -is that the outside running short is loose... and my butt would eat it.

but the idea is nice.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    "anyway why not just have compression underwear for workouts and then your regular underwear, then youre just changing between the 2 pairs... unless its the act of changing underwear that bothers you and not having all these extra pairs of undies lying around, but really youre changing your pants anyway its just one more layer to strip off"

When did they start making compression underwear for women?

PS - the bend test when trying on workout bottoms to be worn commando is a good idea. I bought a pair of dark purple capris thinking they'd be fine, and lo and behold I put them on (luckily at home) and I might as well have been nekkid...
    i wasnt aware that they dont already, seems odd that they wouldnt
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    If somebody's "snail trail" soaking through their pants like sweat seems like an actual thing that might happen, that person should probably see a doctor. o_O

Underwear sucks.

EDIT: Actually, I guess I know of people with all sorts of fetishes. Maybe it is a valid concern for people who are REALLY into the gym....
  • KayJaMikel
    KayJaMikel Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the day I don't wear undies is the day my pants will rip and also I have no extra sweater or such to wrap around the hips. And the day I wear nasty undies/bra is the day a car will decide to put me in an ER. So I wear the stuff. I think they call it Murphy's law or something...

You know if it were to happen where a car puts you in the ER, they would cut those suckers off in like a nanosecond, and they'd probably have gunk on them from the accident anyway, so....
  • JoRocka
    Options

You know if it were to happen where a car puts you in the ER, they would cut those suckers off in like a nanosecond, and they'd probably have gunk on them from the accident anyway, so....

I had an EMS co-worker type person tell me once that ANY tramatic head injury or unconscious person gets their clothes cut off.

I was like- you people are sick.

But yeah- I don't wear horribly mismatched undies for that reason- if they have to cut them suckers off- at least they are going to be matching- or not clashing!!! !
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    "anyway why not just have compression underwear for workouts and then your regular underwear, then youre just changing between the 2 pairs... unless its the act of changing underwear that bothers you and not having all these extra pairs of undies lying around, but really youre changing your pants anyway its just one more layer to strip off"

PS - the bend test when trying on workout bottoms to be worn commando is a good idea. I bought a pair of dark purple capris thinking they'd be fine, and lo and behold I put them on (luckily at home) and I might as well have been nekkid...

compression underware sounds, contstrictive
  • conqueringsquidlette
    Options
    I had an EMS co-worker type person tell me once that ANY tramatic head injury or unconscious person gets their clothes cut off.

But yeah- I don't wear horribly mismatched undies for that reason- if they have to cut them suckers off- at least they are going to be matching- or not clashing!!! !

I am an EMT, and yeah, if there's any reason I need to see anything / everything and you shouldn't be / aren't capable of moving, my scissors are THERE. :D
  • JoRocka
    Options
    sick.

sick people.

but least I know I WAS covered in cute things!!! :) I'm going to be so sad the day I bin my bike and some jack *kitten* cuts a 600$ Italian leather jacket off my body instead of using the zipper.
  • AglaeaC
    Options

Someone gets me. There are no holes in anything, unless they are supposed to be there of course, and I don't have to die of shame when the drop-dead gorgeous doctor man person arrives with the scissors. Win both ways.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options

you would think but they are really comfy, its kinda like having a hammock for your *kitten*. id wear them 24/7 but they cause chafing if you wear them too long
  • conqueringsquidlette
    Options
    sick.

sick people.

but least I know I WAS covered in cute things!!! :) I'm going to be so sad the day I bin my bike and some jack *kitten* cuts a 600$ Italian leather jacket off my body instead of using the zipper.

The motorcycle accidents are the worst for this. Those leathers are NOT cheap, and the EMT/medic will try to save them if they can, but if they have to go they have to go.

EDIT: Sorry, threadjacked. :(
  • AglaeaC
    Options

you would think but they are really comfy, its kinda like having a hammock for your *kitten*. id wear them 24/7 but they cause chafing if you wear them too long
    I'm putting "try compression underware as *kitten* hammock" on my to-do list, if someone should make me be a man for a day.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    sick.

sick people.

had my jacket and kevlar jeans lost in this way.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Someone gets me. There are no holes in anything, unless they are supposed to be there of course, and I don't have to die of shame when the drop-dead gorgeous doctor man person arrives with the scissors. Win both ways.

it's a legit fear.

seriously.
    The motorcycle accidents are the worst for this. Those leathers are NOT cheap, and the EMT/medic will try to save them if they can, but if they have to go they have to go.

least you know they are expensive- some times I think people don't realize how expensive they are and leather things can be re-used- textiles- whatever- cut away- but leather- come on man LOL
    glad to know you try!!!
    had my jacket and kevlar jeans lost in this way.
    bummer- I'm fortunate (knock on wood) it hasn't happened yet- but still- sometimes i don't want to wear my jacket other than to dinner like a poser because it's a beautiful black and red Dianese my BF bought me and I'd be heartbroken if it was destroyed.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    sick.

sick people.

As an EMT, I would only cut off clothing if I saw blood soaked clothing and needed to stop the bleeding or if the patient was complaining about pain. I would also try to wait until I was in the back of the rig before cutting for some modesty.
  • KayJaMikel
    KayJaMikel Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Well I am going by TV like those shows that have all the medical emergencies coming and going and all those medical shows, they cut the clothes off in almost all of them that I see, no care for how expensive they might be, if the patient is awake and alert or not.
  • conqueringsquidlette
    Options
    sick.

sick people.

As an EMT, I would only cut off clothing if I saw blood soaked clothing and needed to stop the bleeding or if the patient was complaining about pain. I would also try to wait until I was in the back of the rig before cutting for some modesty.

I think the original comment was talking about head injuries and unconscious pts. That's why I threw in the *need* to see and pt can't/shouldn't move part of my comment. I've never had to cut off clothes outside of an ambulance yet. Totally agree with maintaining modesty as a priority.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    sick.

sick people.

i'd much perfer to lose some clothing/money then risk a possible compounded neck injury, you guys are the experts tho