Underwear is so overrated

Options

Replies

• No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    bummer- I'm fortunate (knock on wood) it hasn't happened yet- but still- sometimes i don't want to wear my jacket other than to dinner like a poser because it's a beautiful black and red Dianese my BF bought me and I'd be heartbroken if it was destroyed.

nice, that is definetly top of the line. mine was just a textile icon, but it was one of my favorite and not exactly dirt cheap

think of it this way, if you went down and you didn't have it, that would be the real waste of money IMO
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Wots underwear??!!??? Seriously wear workout shorts with liner for running and lifting and they go right in the wash each time. Wear skin coloured undies under my gi for karate as flowers showing through ruins the dignified image lol. If anything other than sweat is coming through your shorts ladies, wear a thin pad or see your doc.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    sick.

sick people.

but least I know I WAS covered in cute things!!! :) I'm going to be so sad the day I bin my bike and some jack *kitten* cuts a 600$ Italian leather jacket off my body instead of using the zipper.

The motorcycle accidents are the worst for this. Those leathers are NOT cheap, and the EMT/medic will try to save them if they can, but if they have to go they have to go.

EDIT: Sorry, threadjacked. :(

As an EMT, I would only cut off clothing if I saw blood soaked clothing and needed to stop the bleeding or if the patient was complaining about pain. I would also try to wait until I was in the back of the rig before cutting for some modesty.

i'd much perfer to lose some clothing/money then risk a possible compounded neck injury, you guys are the experts tho

LMAO- I totally had typed up and then deleated
    "I don't care how broken I am- you cut my leather jacket and I'll ruin your afternoon"

or some such- I'm pretty sarcastic/jokey type person when I'm in pain but I also really love my leather jacket LMAO.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    sick.

sick people.

but least I know I WAS covered in cute things!!! :) I'm going to be so sad the day I bin my bike and some jack *kitten* cuts a 600$ Italian leather jacket off my body instead of using the zipper.

The motorcycle accidents are the worst for this. Those leathers are NOT cheap, and the EMT/medic will try to save them if they can, but if they have to go they have to go.

As an EMT, I would only cut off clothing if I saw blood soaked clothing and needed to stop the bleeding or if the patient was complaining about pain. I would also try to wait until I was in the back of the rig before cutting for some modesty.

i'd much perfer to lose some clothing/money then risk a possible compounded neck injury, you guys are the experts tho

lol i was thinking you would remove the clothes lol

i guess the alternative is that you simply leave them on lol. my bad
  • jefferytmc
    jefferytmc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I wrecked my motorcycle 3 yrs ago, and I was not wearing any leathers. I shreaded my t-shirt and they cut it off at the scene once I was on the back board. I also broke my arm, so they would have had to cut me out of a jacket.

In the ER (I was fine except for the broken arm), they cut me out of my jeans and unders. They did leave my half finger gloves on and untied my boots and took off the socks.

Fortunately, I did not get much road rash, so I am glad I was not wearing an expensive leather jacket.

Actually I do not think I would ever wear an expensive jacket as the leather vest I now wear would have protected all my road rashed areas except my broken arm.

For the record I was wearing black boxer briefs, but I do not think the ER staff paid much attention.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    every crash is different. have no memory of what underwear i had on lol, nor do i have any memory form lunch till 12am the next day. they picked me up off the highway around 7pm
  • jefferytmc
    jefferytmc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I was really fine.

I got up and walked around, called my wife and asked her to come get me. I knew my arm was broken, but was planning on her just driving me to the ER.

They were worried about internal injuries or head trauma, but my helmet just had a slight scuff on it where it nicked the pavement.

I know they were just being cautious, but it still sucked.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    bummer- I'm fortunate (knock on wood) it hasn't happened yet- but still- sometimes i don't want to wear my jacket other than to dinner like a poser because it's a beautiful black and red Dianese my BF bought me and I'd be heartbroken if it was destroyed.

nice, that is definetly top of the line. mine was just a textile icon, but it was one of my favorite and not exactly dirt cheap

think of it this way, if you went down and you didn't have it, that would be the real waste of money IMO
    yeah- it makes me happy- it's a BEAUTIFUL coat- I can't believe he got it for me... I figured after that I had to keep him ;)

no kidding on the waste of money on having it and not wearing it!!!

I love the people that say gear is to expensive to buy/wear... I'm like,....mhmmmm and how much is the rehab/hospital bill going to be without it??/ That's right.

My roommate had an older Joe-Rocket- and it had been down at least 2x- was holding up great. Leather is a great investment.
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Have a child OP vaginally and your sentiment will change.
  • moondazed
    moondazed Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I hate underwear! I try to avoid it on a regular day to day basis as well. If I'm wearing shorts/leggings/spandex or anything other than jeans I wont wear it. It's honestly soooo much comfier. While working out, I like to wear shorts with built in lining so it keeps it all in place though. I also don't like wearing bras 99% of the time.

comfort >>>>> anything else
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    sick.

sick people.

LMAO- I totally had typed up and then deleated
    "I don't care how broken I am- you cut my leather jacket and I'll ruin your afternoon"

or some such- I'm pretty sarcastic/jokey type person when I'm in pain but I also really love my leather jacket LMAO.

My family is a bunch of EMTs and they usually say that when the accident is too bad (exposed bones and the such) they have to cut it since your body tends to go rigid after an accident and it would be impossible to remove a tight jacket.

If it's the hands or face, they help :)
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    On the threadjacking...

I broke my collarbone skiing once. I begged the guy in the ER to cut off my pullover anorak, sweater, turtleneck, and sports bra, but he would not. It all came off the same way it went on. Pure evil.
  • _L_A_
    _L_A_ Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I had this epiphany this week! What's the point of wearing them if I'm going to sweat, then not wear them after?! If I had non-nice underwear then maybe I'd wear them, but as it is I only have pretty underwear, what a waste to wear them just for a work out!

Except my superwoman thong, that helps me run faster of course.....
  • running4thehigh
    running4thehigh Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I don't want guys to be curious about my not wearing underwear in class. I believe (and feel free to disagree) that it would send out the message that I'm single and looking for a good time. That is my own personal opinion. I don't run about without a bra either. I do not care if others do. This is about myself.

This has to be my favorite post.

So me not wearing underwear when working out basically means I want to get laid? How the hell would anyone be able to see through my black pants, if they're not see-through and EVEN THEN, what exactly would they see unless they actually PULLED MY PANTS DOWN?

Confused here.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I don't want guys to be curious about my not wearing underwear in class. I believe (and feel free to disagree) that it would send out the message that I'm single and looking for a good time. That is my own personal opinion. I don't run about without a bra either. I do not care if others do. This is about myself.

This has to be my favorite post.

So me not wearing underwear when working out basically means I want to get laid? How the hell would anyone be able to see through my black pants, if they're not see-through and EVEN THEN, what exactly would they see unless they actually PULLED MY PANTS DOWN?

Confused here.
    They can see like Superman of course. He's a miracle.
  • running4thehigh
    running4thehigh Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Ooooooh. Duh! Thanks for clarifying that.

:bigsmile:
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    The Superwoman thong just made me picture somebody trying to pick a wedgie while running. Lots of hopping and skipping.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Boy this thread took a turn.

It went from being asked to remove pants for a foot exam and not wearing underwear to being in an accident and having clothes cut off.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/525171_3270267868514_910672325_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/10268678_10202899400502286_3437084938227615206_n.jpg

OMG why do people assume folks have the same life style!

WHY I ALWAYS WEAR UNDERWEAR TO CLASS!

My Lutheran Priest/pastor is one of my main instructors. " But I wore panties to communion...." Talk about awkward. I really don't want to have a modesty discussion with his wife!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I had this epiphany this week! What's the point of wearing them if I'm going to sweat, then not wear them after?! If I had non-nice underwear then maybe I'd wear them, but as it is I only have pretty underwear, what a waste to wear them just for a work out!

Except my superwoman thong, that helps me run faster of course.....

you'd be even faster if you wore them on the outside of your pants!!!!
    Have a child OP vaginally and your sentiment will change.

and we were having such a good conversation before this gem.

<sudder>

no thanks. kids are icky- much less what they do to the fun tunnel!!!