How do I get my muscles toned without getting "big"?

Options

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    You arent going to wake up overnight and be the Incredible Hulk......

lies. It happened to me.

I walked out of the women's only section and moved one big wheel and my vagina feel out that instant AND the next day I had to go get all my clothes special tailored because I tore ALL of them up with my huge arms.

Seriously- it's awful- I life in custom made stretchy pants to accommodate my gargantuan sized frame and bulging muscles. I also carry a colostomy bag for my whoha everywhere I go.

let that be a lesson to you- pink weights ONLY!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Now I has visuals...thanks
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

lies. It happened to me.

I walked out of the women's only section and moved one big wheel and my vagina feel out that instant AND the next day I had to go get all my clothes special tailored because I tore ALL of them up with my huge arms.

Seriously- it's awful- I life in custom made stretchy pants to accommodate my gargantuan sized frame and bulging muscles. I also carry a colostomy bag for my whoha everywhere I go.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Now I has visuals...thanks

They should make a movie.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options

You cannot be for real. Why would you come on to a fitness site and ask people not to explain things to you about exercise and fitness?

Simple answer: Doing dumb bell exercises is better than doing curls with your TV remote. You decide how you want to spend your time. Do some push ups, walk up some hills, do some tricep extensions and dips (google it), some sit ups, and bi cep curls. Honestly, when I first started in 2000, I started with dumb bells and "Weight Training for Dummies" (the book). It sounds like it might be a good place for you to start as well.

Yeah, it would be great to do all this other stuff. But tomorrow, just do something.

You followed me in here just to complain about me?

I posted some very helpful advice- even other people have pointed out OP's lack of williningness to look things up as well... but you come in here to complain about me?

I'm highly flattered!!

Thank you :drinker:

yes yes yes- I know it's early to drink- but I'll take it at this hour. ;)

Ummmm......

100% positive that she was on your side and was referring to the OP.

If this is true- I personally apologize for my comments to her

I've read that first sentence 20 times and still can't quite parse it. :ohwell:

it's weird for sure, but Tuesday is my slow day, so here' my Zapruder quality breakdown.

KM's post that began with:
    You cannot be for real. Why would you come on to a fitness site and ask people not to explain things to you about exercise and fitness?

was placed not after JR's comment, but after the OP responded to JR's incredulous post with this: (bolds are by me)

Sorry, your posts are just very overly complicated and it's hard for me to understand what you're trying to say when I don't know anything remotely related to exercise and fitness, so it just goes over my head. I'm trying to understand but it's an overwhelming amount of information to absorb and take in. If you can avoid using phrases I probably won't understand, that would help me read your posts better so I can get the jist of it.

So my breakdown: OP asked 8000 questions, JR finally gave up being patient (loooong after I would have) and snapped, then the OP was like, "but but but, can you not use fitness terms?" and KM was like, "DUDE WTF!?!?"

if that's not the case, well then, my second guess is that the butler did it in the study with a candlestick

Because other people were confused, then I started getting confused. Then I thought there may be different beef else where.

But yeah, I read it all how you did Dav.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

lies. It happened to me.

I'm confused...Your vagina fell out and now you have a colostomy bag? Did you poo out of your vagina previously?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Because other people were confused, then I started getting confused. Then I thought there may be different beef else where.

well there is different beef... which is why I didn't read it the way it was typed- not trying to read things in- but it seemed hostile to me... I don't want to drag that up- but yes there is back store.. but also why I tried to be an adult and apologize about my mis-read of the post.
    she-whoha?

instead of she hulk?

I dunno- I see a future here. we should start a new thread and write a whole script on it with various people chipping in to contribute.
  • JoRocka
    Options

lies. It happened to me.

I'm confused...Your vagina fell out and now you have a colostomy bag? Did you poo out of your vagina previously?

well they don't have a word for vagina bags- so I just am making do- adapting- over coming- I rerouted the plumbing obviously.. but yeah- it makes sex weird.
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    How the OP works out...
    210.gif
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    How the OP works out...
    210.gif

I am in an office almost rolling on the floor in white pants no less...stop it.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    KGaF23E.gif
    in!
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Oh, good. I was looking for a reason to use this.

wtf.gif?w=550&h=309
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    tinfoilmain615.jpg
  • Onderwoman
    Onderwoman Posts: 130
    Options
    I knew this guy who just wanted to get toned and he started lifting with these 25lb dumbbells and then in about a week all these muscles popped out on his arms. They were so bulky he couldn't hide them and didn't know what to do, but kept on working out. Eventually muscles popped out all over on his chest and back and his friends all made fun of him. He was forced to buy a whole new wardrobe just to hide them, and the mockery on his job was so bad he eventually quit. He tried and tried to get rid of the muscles but they just kept bulking up more, and he was forced to go work as a bouncer and his life was changed forever. Ever here a story like that? Me neither, now go work out!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    3431215+_d5fac2e8b25f3b46505c0d73c22b7388.gif
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    My husband is currently in, I think, the shape you are shooting for. He does ab work, pull/chin ups, pushups, and things like curls or rows or shoulder press with 30+ pound dumbbells. He runs a couple miles a day and eats a healthy diet. And he does a lot of farm work (lifting bags of feed, moving cattle pannels etc) but no longer does heavy barbell work. And that's it. If that's all you're shooting for, then check out YAYOG and basic (heavy) dumbbell routines and start from there. That said - like everyone else has mentioned, getting "bulky" takes a LOT of hard work. Don't be scared of the heavy weights :) I've seen "skinny" guys at the gym who can lift a whole lot.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    My husband is currently in, I think, the shape you are shooting for. He does ab work, pull/chin ups, pushups, and things like curls or rows or shoulder press with 30+ pound dumbbells. He runs a couple miles a day and eats a healthy diet. And he does a lot of farm work (lifting bags of feed, moving cattle pannels etc) but no longer does heavy barbell work. And that's it. If that's all you're shooting for, then check out YAYOG and basic (heavy) dumbbell routines and start from there. That said - like everyone else has mentioned, getting "bulky" takes a LOT of hard work. Don't be scared of the heavy weights :) I've seen "skinny" guys at the gym who can lift a whole lot.

Or, just get a job on a farm.
  • likitisplit
    Options

well there is different beef... which is why I didn't read it the way it was typed- not trying to read things in- but it seemed hostile to me... I don't want to drag that up- but yes there is back store.. but also why I tried to be an adult and apologize about my mis-read of the post.
    she-whoha?

instead of she hulk?

I dunno- I see a future here. we should start a new thread and write a whole script on it with various people chipping in to contribute.

"The woman who just wanted to get toned"

I'm in if you're in.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Oh, good. I was looking for a reason to use this.

wtf.gif?w=550&h=309

so I clicked on this thread and this was the first thing I saw as the phone rang and I had to answer all professional Office of Blabbity bla how may I help you.

Seriously- almost died.
    "The woman who just wanted to get toned"

I'm in if you're in.

the curious case of accidental bulking and the tragic loss of an innocent vagina.
  • likitisplit
    Options

Now THERE'S a business idea: "Eat and workout like your Great-grandparents"

Raise and eat "REAL" food. Loose weight. Get ripped. No calorie counting or hours in the gym. Juice cleanses provided every night.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

Raise and eat "REAL" food. Loose weight. Get ripped. No calorie counting or hours in the gym. Juice cleanses provided every night.

10-its-so-beautiful.gif
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options

That is what I think is wrong with the current world diet.... it is based on a world were we don't drive everywhere, don't have machines to make it all easier. We used to think nothing of walking to the store, and carrying a couple of big paper bags back.

But at the same time, I see a lot of farmers who are obese when I wonder to the Rural King. They ride an ATV all over, unless they are sitting in an air conditioned tractor. They got fork lifts to haul the hay up. They all work smarter, with fewer bodies, rather than doing it all by hand the way their fathers and grandfathers did. If it has to be done by hand, for hours on end...they hire a migrant.