Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties! - November Challenge

Options

Replies

• kattungen
    Options
    I just kicked *kitten* on the Insanity Cardio Power and Resistance work out! H*ll yeah! :D
  • cruan
    cruan Posts: 13
    Options
    :laugh: I just wanted to check in real quick before I head to school. I weighed in this morning and I'm down. 0.6 lbs from last week. Almost lost the 1 lb I put on the week before, so that's good. I've been trying really hard to have my 2 shakes and then 1 healthy meal during they day. The times this is the hardest is on the weekends! I've got to stop doing that.

That's it for now! I'll try to get on later today and check in with everyone else! There's so many new posts by the time I come back, it's hard to keep up!

Have a great day everyone!
  • TORtheCarrot
    Options
    So I'm going to visit friends in New York this weekend Th-Mon and I need some help with healthy eating tips while on vacation. I'm nervous because I know with drinking its going to be really hard to stay within the realm of healthy but I want to do the best I can.

So if you have any healthy eating travel tips please let me know.

So far I have:

Bring plane/day snacks to have so I don't get tempted to buy bad food while out and hungry

Order salads with dressing on the side (Try for 1 a day)

Drinks: vodka/soda/lime or cranberry OR bacardi/diet coke
    beer- bud light/ michelob ultra

I'm also not eating dairy so I think that may help with dinner menu choices

No bread or chips before dinner!!! (weakness)

I will be walking around the city a lot during the day, so I fee like I wil get a decent amount of exercise without having workouts, but I just don't want this to be a disastrous food weekend!
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Morning Peeps! Hope everyone is having a great morning so far!

Tor- I think your game plan sounds good so far. If you want to be extra careful order your food "Dry" which means no butter, but honestly if you stick to lean chicken and veggies you should be good to go. Enjoy yourself, don't feel too deprived! It is important to make this work for you!

I forgot to take my supplements/vitamins today, I hope that doesn't affect me too badly. I have my first run training with the group today! Exciting! I also was really good at dinner last night and only had 2 glasses of wine, which is better than beer so yay! I am not going to drink the rest of the week to help out with the weight loss too.

QOTD: What is your favorite workout?

I had to think a bit with this question, I love all my triathlon workouts right now. My favorite would have to be cycling. I love the feeling of being on the bike especially along the ocean. I also really miss kick boxing and hip hop dance, I am hoping to get back into those eventually hehe.
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    QOTD - my absolute favorites right now are kickboxing and hula. And unfortunately when I got to the gym last night, the kids club was full so no gym trip last night. Made last night fairly productive family-wise though. I guess I can't beat myself up as long as I still use my time wisely.

TOR - sounds like you are already going into it with the right mindset. It would be worse if you didn't have a game plan in place. But your biggest focus should be on having a good time and then think of your healthy choices.

Aly - Have fun tonight training for the half triathalon!!

Emmy - you should know that this is the last place that you will find judgment!! Sounds like your cheat meal was more than worth it!!
  • TORtheCarrot
    Options
    Thanks, yeah I plan on having a good time, but want to still pay attention to what i'm eating and drinking.

Also I wanted to make a recommendation for everyone, its a great way to get in a variety of exercise classes from home for FREE

If you have OnDemand, go to Sports&Fitness section then Exercise TV and they have a Huge varitey of FREE 10-30min classes on there. Everything from yoga, pilates, cardio aerobics, strength training, arm, leg, abs, butt target zones, toning, kickboxing, they are great.
    You can do them in your living room anytime and pick from 10, 20, 30 minute options. I like to mix 3 or so together to get a good workout in. I don't have a gym membership anymore, and it is a great and really easy way to do exercises, especially when you don't have much time or can't leave the house to workout!
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    QOTD: I definitely don't work out as much as I should, but when I do I really enjoy free step on the Wii Fit.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    QOTD:

I am currently a bit addicted to running. I never thought of myself enjoying it but (with the exception of today) it starts off my morning great and just makes me feel like an overall badass.

Later when I find the book it was in, I will post the "surviving a Zombie apocalypse" fitness standard which is the standard I'm striving for, just for funsies. As the guy said in the book- every time you consider sleeping in instead of getting your workout in, just think about being decapitated by the living dead- it's a great incentivizer."

...I'm weird.

Gonks Out
  • kattungen
    Options
    QOTD - uhm... TurboJam, maybe? The TurboSculpt is really good <3
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    holy cow does this thread move fast! i love it!

well we're 10 days into november now... 20 to go. i'm still riding high after that 3lb weight loss last week. this week is my TOM so i'll be curious to see how my weight reacts by weigh in this weekend. i'm hoping it will help bring it down more. i'm doing really well with my non-weight loss goals for this month too. i've been eating more fiber and a little bit more protein- i'm still working on getting that a little higher- and i've been working out at least 5x a week. i can't wait to see my results at the end of the month!

everyone is doing so well! let's keep the trend going!! :)
  • cruan
    cruan Posts: 13
    Options
    QOTD: My favorite workout would have to be swimming. I wish the gym here kept the pool open longer so I could get some swimming in. I'm picking up Zumba for the PS3 next week and I can't wait to try it out! I might have a new favorite.
  • wardiemelissa
    wardiemelissa Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    So I'm going to visit friends in New York this weekend Th-Mon and I need some help with healthy eating tips while on vacation. I'm nervous because I know with drinking its going to be really hard to stay within the realm of healthy but I want to do the best I can.

So if you have any healthy eating travel tips please let me know.

So far I have:

Bring plane/day snacks to have so I don't get tempted to buy bad food while out and hungry

Order salads with dressing on the side (Try for 1 a day)

Drinks: vodka/soda/lime or cranberry OR bacardi/diet coke
    beer- bud light/ michelob ultra

I'm also not eating dairy so I think that may help with dinner menu choices

No bread or chips before dinner!!! (weakness)

I will be walking around the city a lot during the day, so I fee like I wil get a decent amount of exercise without having workouts, but I just don't want this to be a disastrous food weekend!

I was just in New York a week ago...lucky you!! I had the same fears and I actually lost a lb. I went into the weekend knowing I was going to take it easy BUT I was going to enjoy myself and the awesome food! All the walking did help we walked A LOT! I went with friends so we also shared entrees and I did have a salad with my dinners! I even had a donut from the donut plant the coconut cream is delish! And a must...have fun!
  • wardiemelissa
    wardiemelissa Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    QOTD: I love to run!! That is my time to recharge my batteries and clear my head of all life's stresses! I also am beginning to enjoy a little yoga and 30 Day Shred! So many options...so little time!
  • amandadidier
    Options
    Hi everyone! I was just wondering if I could join your thread and find out more about how it works like are there weekly weigh -ins?
  • rai8759
    rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    QOTD - uhm... TurboJam, maybe? The TurboSculpt is really good <3

Me 2! I prefer the cardio though. Love Cardio Party!! And it is great when I can't get my butt to the gym. I heard there is Turbo Fire now, which sounds scarry, but I really want to get it!!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda!

Welcome, the more the merrier (though the more also = waaay more to catch up on, so be prepared! :wink: )

So here's how it works. Each month we make a list of our monthly goals by name (list is below in quotes). Just write in your name and goal(s). Most of us try to pick a weight specific goal and 1 or 2 Non Scale-related goals - NSG's (in case you see that thrown around). I for example am aiming for 157 weigh in AND to reach a certain level with my running. Just pop your name at the bottom of this list (you can just copy and paste( it doesn't have to be in quotes).

Weigh ins/ updates are totally up to your discretion- pick your fav day for your official weigh in and "week in review" kind of thing, but feel free to come on and chat any time- this thread is moving like gangbusters and what not so there's almost always some one on to give encouragement, feedback or opinions.

I think that's about all - Good luck and Welcome! :flowerforyou:

~Gonks
    Kattungen: To lose 5 lbs :) Starting at 188.5 - want 183.5 by December 1st!
    kvr413: lose 10 lbs, thanksgiving included, which will put me at 169!
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 157 lbs & to run the first 2 weeks of my 10k running program (mileage13-14 and 15-16)
    Emmyworthy: To reach 199lbs, swim 3 times a week, lose 8 inches over all with 1 inch coming from my upper arms.- OMG down 7lbs in the first week of November! What the hell!!!hahaha! Only 3lbs to go before I'm 199lbs=]
    ksv123: to lose 3 pounds (yes, including Thanksgiving!!), and ramp up my workout routine that I have managed to ignore lately. The workout will include a minimum of 4 days a week of either elliptical or 30 Day Shred.
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - To lose 5 pounds and work out at least 2 times per week.
    meagalayne- To reach 130lbs, complete weeks 2 and 3 of the push-up challenge at my own pace, and run my 8k (Nov 13) under 50 mins :D
    LostAlyKat (Aly) - To lose 6lbs from 172.6, follow my prescribed food plan, and workout 6 days a week!
    Tjradd73-to lose 9.6lbs, and to continue on with the push-up challenge :)
    allislefttogain: Maintain (120-125 range); no scale until December 1st; 2 days a week with strength/body weight training; run 3-4x a week and run my 10K in 56 minutes or under (be happy with 59:01 or under though!)
    rai8759: loose 3 lbs by Thanksgiving, 5 lbs in total/workout 3x a week 60-90 minutes/5K in 30 min or less/be true to food diary even if i miss a day get right back into it the next day!!
    tai_88: to lose 5 lbs, stopping eating candy for the month and continue working out at least 4 times a week.
    wardiemelissa-my goal is to lose my last 0.5 pounds (taking me to 125 pounds-my wedding weight from 7 years and 2 kids ago), to maintain my weight, continue with my exercise routine (running 3-4 days and strength on off days) and finish my first 10K under 75 minutes on Thanksgiving Day!!!
    spellbinder - Reach 146lbs, exercise 5 days a week, do strength training + crunches + squats 3 days a week, ensure that I don't put on any weight during thanksgiving week!!
    SkierElle- reach 180lbs/exercise every day/limit sweets and desserts (apart from Thanksgiving)
    ttaylortulsa: 8 lbs for month - C25K training 3 days/wk - 30 Day Shred (or equivalent) 2 days/week - YBB vid 1 day/week
    allie7383: to get into the 150's (6.5 lbs away!), workout 6 days a week, and increase my water intake.
    inskydiamonds: (November 1-14): eat vegetables with dinner every night / lose about 5 pounds (November 15-28): make low(er) cal Thanksgiving dishes. Lose at least 4 pounds.
    mcanals123: To drop down to 165 and break my plateau :-)
    finncmh: Lose 1 pound a week- bringing me to 198 by end of the month. Full body lifting routine two days a week. Get to spinning class at least two times a week.
    miss_amy: lose a total of 25lbs, work out 5x a week & eat more fiber & protein. -5.6lbs to go!
    purpleprose: lose 5 pounds from 10/29 weight, run the whole 5K on Thanksgiving (no walking), and to eat organic, whole foods at least 60% of the time
    oreganoqueen: brave the gym at least once a week & eat more protein
    coatadaycarrie: finally get down to 145, and to work out at least 5x a week for at least half an hour each time.
    lauratx22-lose 8 pds! starting weight 190..now 188.5!
    ottawagirl613: lose 5 pounds to get me halfway to my goal weight of 130 pounds by christmas! also to complete my 15 mins a day of toning exercises EVERY DAY :)! (and squeeze in a few 15-30 min walks a few times a week)
    stuartme123: lose 4 pounds, workout at the gym or attend yoga class lasting 30+ min, 3x a week, keep unhealthy snacking to under 200 calories/day - this includes YOU potato chips!!!
    CraftyGirl4 - Do all the P90X workouts for this month (maybe taking off Thanksgiving Day). Not to step on the scale until Decemeber 1st, 2010.
    vbos~ lose 8lbs, 8 cups of H2O a day, run/elliptical 4x/week, strength train 3x/week, 5k Turkey Trot in 30mins, oh and drink alcohol only once a week!!
    cruan - Stick to my 2 shakes a day, really watch my calories so I don't go over, lose 5-7 pounds, somehow fit some exercise into the craziness that is my life!
    lolahippie-to lose 5lbs!
    Roobean33- to lose 4 pounds and tone up - and bring my hubby along for the ride! :)
    emmarie1630- lose 5 pounds, 3x a week workout, more veggies
    AshleyVeronica - lose 4lbs, DRINK less calories, monitor what I eat everyday...no holding back, stop eating after 9pm unless it's a weekend
    trebhun - lose 4lbs, and work out more, start exercising again after knee scope surgery (last Thurs 11/4)
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    So tomorrow morning is my official weigh-in and I am not very optimistic about it. I think I have managed to catch that cold that you girls have been circulating. I am trying to fight it off before it turns into anything big. And I can't even tell you the last time that I worked out. So that goal has been an epic fail. I am taking the kids to the gym after work again tomorrow and hopefully it will go better than last night. I think I have managed to stay on track with my food choices though. I have to admit that it gets easier and easier everyday. As long as I don't have bad food around to eat then I simply can't eat it. One of the other managers at work brought in leftover goodies from their church bake sale in an effort to sell the remaining inventory. He sat it at the desk in front of me. I browsed the inventory, was encouraged to make a purchase from one of my co-workers, and in the end decided that I didn't need it and also didn't really want it.

I hope everyone is having a good week!!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Wow... I feel SO incredibly behind. And very out of the loop. Really can't wait to catch up with everyone once I have time to comb over all the stuff I have missed.

Emmy - I am SO not keeping up. I just managed to skim most of the posts while my boyfriend was in the shower and I was supposed to be getting ready HAH! None the wiser :wink: This place is so freaking addictive.

I am so glad to be back!! Although I knew when I left that I was going to be "treating" myself and not being overly obsessive about my food intake since I am nearing maintenance (and generally happy with my progress wrt food choices and temptation), but honestly the hardest part was feeling a little helpless about having healthy choices at my disposal. There were several instances where I actually felt "deprived" because I wanted to fuel my body with good healthy stuff, but instead was left with inadequate options and my body was NOT happy with me. The sh*tty food I ended up having a few times made me feel gross and crave fresh, healthy produce, dairy, lean protein and complex carbs (my host tends to eat a lot of crap food). I guess it's a very good sign. I know that I can still enjoy treats. I just don't find a lot of high fat, crappy processed foods to be "treats" anymore. Give me real dairy ice cream or dark chocolate any day, though! haha Talk about a treat! :bigsmile: Pizza was an epic let-down on Sunday night when we arrived and I felt pretty cranky about wasting so many calories on it. Oh well!

I am determined to be back on track and feeling 100% again by Saturday. I am not looking forward to my weigh-in on Monday but I refuse to my discouraged by any weight-gain this week. I know I look better, slimmer, and more toned than I have ever looked in my life right now. That should be enough! Any weight I may have gained can be lost in a few weeks. Sure I may not reach my Nov weight-loss goal but I will meet it by Dec and will be happy that I spent this time away. November as a whole is going to be a tough month, since later in the month is my boyfriend's birthday (coupled with at least 2 family dinners/events) as well as another weekend away, and 2 separate trips to the USA (which usually involve eating out). I really wish I could avoid eating out, since I'd much rather make my own food and know exactly what I'm eating and where it came from, but I can't avoid life 100% of the time and I need to just take the good with the bad and cope. It doesn't make me happy but oh well. It's worth it!

Anyway, I feel like a freaking outsider on this board now. I have no idea what's going on. QOTD? No idea. Someone explain! haha Really looking forward to catching up.

Meggon - So glad to see you holdin' down the fort here, lady. You are a GODDESS! Can't wait to catch up. And if I hadn't already mentioned: your running is keeping my butt motivated and moving,. So happy to see you succeeding. Next time I'm in NYC we'll both be ready to go running together!! We are both going to be epic runners in no time! :drinker:

Amanda - Welcome! I have been away but this group is awesome and we love the newbs!! :flowerforyou:

Amy - Great progress. More protein and fiber will do the body good. Your dedication to working out is so impressive too! I am back on that bandwagon tomorrow... Great job lady! That 3lb loss was no doubt very motivating. Keep it up!

Aly - My fave workout... Hmmm... RUNNING! I know you know that. I also love hiking. It's such a nice way to get a decent calorie burn over a few hours while spending time outside and getting some quality time with friends/family. I love incorporating healthy, free activities into my social life and hiking is relatively accessible even for people that aren't crazy "fit" or into running and other more intense activities. Best of both worlds!

TOR - Plan your breakfast for every day and stick to it. A healthy and filling breakfast is really important and will set the tone for your day. Planning it ahead and making it yourself will save you time, money and a lot of calories. Oatmeal is a cheap and easy breakfast that is light on cals. Have it with fruit + yogurt, or whatever else you like, for some extra protein and calories and it will keep you full until lunch! Lots of water on hand, try to have your big "treat' meal at lunch and then a lighter dinner when you can (also a good budgeting tip), and try to walk anywhere and everywhere. I never order anything but water to drink at meals. It's way too easy to waste calories on beverages and IMO they are not nearly as "worth it" as good food! Good luck and enjoy your trip :bigsmile:

Cruan - Great loss! Any loss is a good reason to celebrate!

Emmy - Let's get back on track together, girlie! I definitely need it. And don't worry - No one is judging your treat day. Y'all really don't want to know what I've been eating... hahaha

Guam - Good luck on your WI tomorrow! Very impressed with your discipline. It's obvious that you are really taking to the healthy lifestyle if things are getting easier like you say they are. I'm sure you'll do great tomorrow! Hope you are feeling better soon <<hugs>>

OK That's all for now. Sorry to anyone I missed. Will be back to catch up with you all in the coming days.
    -Meaggers :heart:
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    QOTD= question of the day. Its a new thing I started and I really like it! So glad to have you back!! We need our rock to keep rocking this Weight Loss!!
  • Roobean33
    Options
    Meag - welcome back :heart: you are such a positive voice in this forum and we missed you! vacation is a time to relax and be a bit more flexible with your diet, and that's what you did. no need to feel guilty! your vacation also proved that you have made a real lifestyle change...you want, even CRAVE fresh and clean food! And you even ran on your vacation :drinker: Now you are home and back to business. Don't worry about Monday.

Guam - Way to resist those baked goods! Talk about pressure. I hope you feel better! I wish I could be so good with my food choices! I have the exercise down, but sabotage myself in the kitchen...

Today I went out with a friend for dinner. I went over my calorie goal by 115 calories. I tried to make good choices, and in the end underestimated. I feel a little sad, because I didn't want to "cheat". I haven't "cheated" yet, even over the weekend (why are those 2 days so hard!). I felt like not logging them, but I know that is dishonest and really doesn't help me. SO, over and done with. Tomorrow is a new day...and I have a little extra motivation.