Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties! - November Challenge

Options
Hey Team October, or should I say... November! That time is finally here :drinker: Time to lay it all out, let us know how you did in October, and set new targets for this month. Thirty long days to accomplish health and fitness goals, to push yourself and to motivate others. This group was such a wonderful resource for many of us in the month of October and I really hope that we can carry it through November and beyond. New members always welcome :happy:

Please post your results for Oct here and then copy + paste the list of goals for November, adding your goals to the end. Here is the October list, just as a reminder:

meagalayne: To reach 135lbs, complete my 10k race, and be able to do 5 full regular push-ups - 0.8lbs to go!
inskydiamonds: use the WiiFit at least 5 times a week for at least half hour sessions. Increase the amount of good fats I'm eating and decrease my sodium intake.
cshaffer213: Lose a total of 20 lbs - Started @ 8 and am curently @ 18.5 only 1.5 lbs left!! :D
TheNewStacie: Lose 5 lbs, get in at least 3 days of cardio
miss_amy: To lose 4 more lbs & work out 5 days a week!-2.2lbs to go!
Meggonkgonk: To reach 162 lbs & to have a 10 mile single week running mileage
LostAlykat: To weigh less than 170, to make it to the AM workout class 2 times a week/ workout 5 days a week.
Stuartme123: To weigh less than 160lbs, to work out at least 3 days a week
sophieg77: to lose 3 kilos. 1k to go!
TheAmateur- lose 7lbs (almost there ... maybe I should adjust it to 10lbs ?!?!?)
spellbinder25 - Lose 8 lbs by end of October, exercise 5 days a week and eat healthy (= avoid desserts)! - 4 lbs to go & doing pretty well on the desserts :)
Allie7383: To begin and stick with the TurboFire schedule for Oct (and beyond), and get into the 160's... officially weighed in at 168 this morning!! new goal will be to be under 165.
emmyworthy: Have lost 13 lbs so far( nearly a stone woohoooo!) still hoping to be under 200lbs by the 31st but if it doesn't happen i'm okay with losing around 18-20lbs=]
tjradd73-lose 10lbs (down 7lbs and 3lbs to go!)
Steph_135 - To reach 183 lbs by Halloween, workout more than I am now (2-3 times a week), and to buy new running shoes.
MeganKS - to reach a weight below 200lbs for the first time in over a year, work out for at least 30 min a day, incorporate more fruits and veggies into my daily food intake
christzl - lose 8 lbs by end of October (lose 60lbs in total)
Paigeb15- my already planned goal for the month was to run my first 5K (completed on 10/16! at 34 min), other goal.. maintain my goal weight of 115 all month (ive been here before but never maintained) and work on toning up!
kattungen - lose 3.3 lbs by November 1st
CoryIda - 30-45 minutes of cardio 5x/week
guamgrly (Bethany) - lose 2 pounds and get back to working out at least 2 times per week
sbusch21- To get down to 180lbs by halloween, keep training for my race in november, and drink more water.
hazeldiva1913- to loose 3 lbs a week until christmas. 2 hour workouts in the am 6 days a week.
margarette - to lose 16lbs and be toned to perfection by the time the hubby gets home from deployment (7 months- should be doable right?)
Pandemonium- To lose another 4 pounds before the end of the month.

(Sincerest apologies if I've forgotten anyone)

Since tomorrow is my official weigh-in, I will post my Oct results and Nov goals in the morning. Best of luck to each and every one of you! Together, I am certain that we can meet our goals! :bigsmile:

So let's get started!

-Meag:heart:

Replies

• allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    just BUMPing for now.. my official weigh-in is tom. morning as well! so excited for the start of a new month!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    bumping here too!!! so excited!! will post tomorrow after i weigh too!!! good luck everyone :)
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    My official weigh-in is Tuesday. :) I'll update then with my progress from the last month! Just don't wanna lose this post.
  • kattungen
    Options
    How do I put in my November-goals?

Anyhow, I managed to lose 10 lbs in October, and reached my mid-month new goal by losing 3.3 lbs by November 1st (today, yay!).

For November I'd like to lose 5 lbs :)
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Hey guys- I managed to get to both goals- 162 lbs (7 lbs down for the month) and ran 10 miles in one week. This month's goal is below. Kat- I made a line for you too- but in future you can add your goals just by listing your name and writing your goal- just make sure to copy and paste anyone else who's added a goal.

Kattungen: To lose 5 lbs :)
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 157 lbs & to run the first 2 weeks of my 10k running program (mileage13-14 and 15-16)

To everyone else posting your Nov goals, don't forget to copy/paste the two lines above before adding your goal!

Thanks guys! Here's to an AWESOME November!!! Good luck to everyone!
  • emmyworthy
    emmyworthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't manage to reach my goal!!! But I think I realised halfway through it was unattainable! Also at the end of October I managed to gain 2lbs! Not as bad as I thought but still not a loss!!!

For November I'm gonna be less ambitious with the weight loss but aim to do more workouts than ever!

Meggonkgonk: To reach 157 lbs & to run the first 2 weeks of my 10k running program (mileage13-14 and 15-16)
    Emmyworthy: To reach 199lbs & to swim 3 times a week.
  • kvr414
    kvr414 Posts: 111
    Options
    I joined the october thread like 5 days ago, so I didn't really have any goals. HOWEVER, i did lose 8 lbs in 3 weeks.

for novemeber,
    kvr413: lose 10 lbs, thanksgiving included, which will put me at 169!
  • ksv123
    ksv123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I wasn't involved for the October challenge but am geared up for November!

for November,
    ksv123: to lose 3 pounds (yes, including Thanksgiving!!), and ramp up my workout routine that I have managed to ignore lately. The workout will include a minimum of 4 days a week of either elliptical or 30 Day Shred.
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Bumping :)
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Kattungen got knocked off along the way. Just fixing. Please use this to copy and paste:

ksv123: to lose 3 pounds (yes, including Thanksgiving!!), and ramp up my workout routine that I have managed to ignore lately. The workout will include a minimum of 4 days a week of either elliptical or 30 Day Shred.

Thx!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - To lose 5 pounds and work out at least 2 times per week.

I am so looking forward to this month's challenge and the motivation that you girls will have for me. I was only in for the last 10 days of last month so this month is going to be great!!

Happy Losing!!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday and Happy NOVEMBER everyone!! So psyched for this month. I know it's going to be a great one and that so many of us are going to hit incredible milestones...

As for Oct, I managed in the 11th hour to check each and every goal off my list! Even the totally unreasonable 10 push-up goal I set at the beginning and revised to 5 mid-month :bigsmile: Goes to show how much you can accomplish when you push yourself outside your comfort zone.

I hit my goal weight for Oct, weighing-in this morning at a cool 134.7lbs. I ran my 10k on Saturday in 64:37, a few mins faster than my generous goal time (setting a time to beat in the new year!) and this morning I finally got my push-ups in (I slacked yesterday and forgot... gah!) and in my 5th set managed to crank out 10 regular push-ups! I am really proud of my accomplishments this month and hope to keep it up through November...

meagalayne- To reach 130lbs, complete weeks 2 and 3 of the push-up challenge at my own pace, and run my 8k (Nov 13) under 50 mins :D

Best of luck ladies. Love, love, love this group! :heart:
    -Meag
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    LostAlyKat (Aly) - To lose 3lbs, follow my prescribed food plan, and workout 6 days a week!

My triathlon training starts this Sunday. I am hoping after I get out of the funk I am in today I can hit the gym hard this week. I also have faith that this food plan I am following will help me lose! Lets hear it for Turkey month!!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    ok so for October I DID NOT meet my goal of 10lbs...but considering i was only down 5lbs as of yesterday morning, i will take the 8.4lbs that i ended up with! for Nov i am shootin high again 2lbs per week plus the 1.6lbs i didn't lose from October! Great job to everyone for OCT and good luck to everyone for NOV!! :)

meagalayne- To reach 130lbs, complete weeks 2 and 3 of the push-up challenge at my own pace, and run my 8k (Nov 13) under 50 mins :D
    LostAlyKat (Aly) - To lose 3lbs, follow my prescribed food plan, and workout 6 days a week!
    Tjradd73-to lose 9.6lbs, and to continue on with the push-up challenge :)
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm Jill and I'm new :)

allislefttogain: Maintain (120-125 range); no scale until December 1st; 2 days a week with strength/body weight training; run 3-4x a week and run my 10K in 56 minutes or under (be happy with 59:01 or under though!)
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm Jill and I'm new :)
    Wohoo!! :drinker: So good to see you Jill!!
    If anyone needs some running or weigh-loss inspiration, Jill is a great place to look! She is such an all star and an incredibly speedy runner. Love your goals, lady. Can't wait to see you rock that 10k!
    -Meag
  • rai8759
    rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm Rachel and I'm new 2. =D Hey!

My November goal is to loose 5 lbs Thanksgiving included. Would also like to loose 3 lbs by Thanksgiving day (going to see family).
    Work out 3x a week for 60-90 minutes.
    Run 5 k in 30 minutes or less (my best time now is 33 minutes)
    Record my food in my food diary, and if I fall off the wagon get right back on the next day instead of wasting so much time!!

allislefttogain: Maintain (120-125 range); no scale until December 1st; 2 days a week with strength/body weight training; run 3-4x a week and run my 10K in 56 minutes or under (be happy with 59:01 or under though!)
    rai8759: loose 3 lbs by Thanksgiving, 5 lbs in total/workout 3x a week 60-90 minutes/5K in 30 min or less/be true to food diary even if i miss a day get right back into it the next day!!
  • rai8759
    rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm Rachel and I'm new 2. =D Hey!

My November goal is to loose 5 lbs Thanksgiving included. Would also like to loose 3 lbs by Thanksgiving day (going to see family).
    Work out 3x a week for 60-90 minutes.
    Run 5 k in 30 minutes or less (my best time now is 33 minutes)
    Record my food in my food diary, and if I fall off the wagon get right back on the next day instead of wasting so much time!!

rai8759: loose 3 lbs by Thanksgiving, 5 lbs in total/workout 3x a week 60-90 minutes/5K in 30 min or less/be true to food diary even if i miss a day get right back into it the next day!!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    :smile: Welcome to the gang Rachel and Jill!!