Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties! - November Challenge

Options

Replies

• meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Wow this thread is moving! I am already running late, so here goes:

Welcome newbs! Nice to see you guys joining the challenge. Eve - This IS a group of supportive women (no men, yet!) who work towards their own individual goals together and update regularly, with victories, questions, advice, tips, etc. It's all good! Whatever you feel like sharing. Feel free to friend me if you like -- I'm always up for new MFP friends that are working hard towards their goals.

Gonks - I love that you are totally this thread's ambassador and diplomat - It really helps that you are super charming! :bigsmile: Love it!

OK going to make dinner and head out for the night. 6km run today went well and completed W2D2 of my push-up challenge. Booyah!

-Meag :drinker:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Almost forgot!

Miss_Amy - Rock it, lady! So glad you are back on track and feeling good about it! I am sure you can stick with it and meet your goals by your birthday :bigsmile: Keep it up!
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    @ Meggonkgonk: Yep, I'm Meredith! Thanks for the suggestions - veggies are something that I need to be more conscious about eating everyday. And I LOVE hummus. I need to get to the grocery store soon, so I'll be sure to linger in the veggie section looking for something snackable.

@ Meagalayne - yes I am still doing the rockclimbing class! It is really fun, and challenging! :bigsmile: But I've decided that I can't substitute the rockclimbing for a good old fashioned date with the gym. The thing is that we're in groups so we alternate consistently, which works for the class because I'm tired after I scale the wall, and someone else goes while I'm recovering, and also I've been learning from the way that other people approach different pitches. But I can't keep my heartrate up for long enough in the class for it to count as real cardio. I definitely think that it's going a long way towards strengthening my muscles, but I think that I need something extra.
  • emmyworthy
    emmyworthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    This thread is juuuumping!!! I love it=] Welcome all newbies!!! I've only just realised we are a group full of girls!!! Where are all the boys??? Not that it will make any difference to me if there are men in the group or not.... I just think it's sad that any men who click on this thread must be repelled by all our amazing personalities!!! Hahaha!

And now I want some yummy hummus you evil girls!!!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    i just don't think that there are a lot of 20 something males on this site!!! eh...who needs em??? LOL girl power!! woot woot!! :)
  • wardiemelissa
    wardiemelissa Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    FINALLY!!!! A good day...felt good with all of my food choices today and was still under before I ran. Tonight was the first time I have worked out since my race last Sunday. Nice to be back on the wagon!!! A little nervous but VERY EXCITED, leaving for NYC tomorrow after school and staying til Sunday. I have never been and am going with a great group of women. Hoping I will can stay "in control" of my food choices but still allow myself the chance to enjoy myself!!! I know I'll get plenty of walking in so...we'll see on Monday when I weigh in!!!! Plan on checking in but not sure that I will have time to post...Good luck everyone!!!
  • wardiemelissa
    Options
    FINALLY!!!! A good day...felt good with all of my food choices today and was still under before I ran. Tonight was the first time I have worked out since my race last Sunday. Nice to be back on the wagon!!! A little nervous but VERY EXCITED, leaving for NYC tomorrow after school and staying til Sunday. I have never been and am going with a great group of women. Hoping I will can stay "in control" of my food choices but still allow myself the chance to enjoy myself!!! I know I'll get plenty of walking in so...we'll see on Monday when I weigh in!!!! Plan on checking in but not sure that I will have time to post...Good luck everyone!!!
  • wardiemelissa
    Options
    sorry about the double post....
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I think your right, Tara, I don't think there are a lot of 20-some odd guys.

Emmy- glad to see your swim went well tonight!

Meag- I'm in a lull at work - we don't have any new books coming out until foreeever. So when I get down time, I troll this thread like crazy. I think the natual bossiness and affinity for rules proly helps my ambassador status :-)

Ok all I'll do a real post later I just wanted to drop a quick update- today was the longest run of my "10k training plan wk1" (my NSG) and I ran 4 mi in 50:40 and then 5 "Strides" which are 20 second sprints with 40 second walking recoveries. Tomorrow might be a rest day or I might try to work throuhg my push ups and nerd circuit. We'll see how creaky i am when I wake up :-)

Best all!

~Gonk :-)

Update- Melissa- Awesome getting a run in! Have a great time in NYC- I live in the area and in someways its abit easier to keep within limits cuz calories are posted on EVERYTHING. Good luck!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Melissa - HAVE FUN! I loved NYC when I visited a few years ago. So much fun! We stayed 7 days and still had loads we didn't get to see. Enjoy your time there! With all the walking you will undoubtedly be doing, I wouldn't worry TOO much about food. Just try to make really good choices at breakfast + lunch, then at dinner treat yourself a bit. Breakfast can be hardest for most people on vacation, I think, since the temptation is ALWAYS to get something quick + easy, which usually ends up being super high sugar, or all bad simple carbs. If you can manage a 200-300 calorie breakfast while you're away you are off to a really good start!

WOOT! Love this thread. So much going on...

Meggon - Great run today, woman! I'm so impressed :bigsmile: Get those darned push-ups and circuits in tomorrow though. Hope you can push yourself to get them done!

Emmy - So true about the awesome personalities here... I wouldn't be surprised if we scare em all away! hahah Go get yourself some hummus! It's not all bad :wink:

Meredith - What I meant was -- where are your rock climbing goals? lol I know that it's not really an aerobic exercise, but don't sell yourself short. At least you're getting out there and doing something active! Way more than most people on campus can probably say :tongue: Besides, your Michelle Obama arms will be making an appearance in no time. All those fools will be SO jealous! hehe Adding some other cardio is definitely a good idea. Just wanted to know that you were still keeping up with it! Cool stuff!

OK time for bed. I've been up for FAR too long. What else is new!
    OH btw, I had candy cane chocolate fudge crackle ice cream today with my exercise cals and it was worth every single kilometer. So. Freaking. Good. That stuff should be illegal! Still stayed under my calories for the day but didn't have near enough protein. More work to be done.

-Meag
  • emmyworthy
    emmyworthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Oh God Melissa I am soooooooo jealous that you are going to NYC!!! It is my favourite place in the world and I've only been there once for 2 days on a school trip about 6 years ago!!! Have an amazing time and don't worry about your calories too much!! Like Meag said the walking you will do will provide you with plenty of extra calories to treat your self!!!!

I woke up this morning refreshed and happy after my swim last night and I think I've lost those extra 2lbs I gained on the weekend plus more already=]=]

It's 10am here and I am just getting myself ready for University and a swim once my lectures have finished=] I will meet my target of swimming 3 times a week=]

Have a healthy, happy day everyone=]
  • kattungen
    Options
    This is a sh*tty week, I have absolutely no motivation left in me. I am so close to my goal considering where I started a year ago, but being this close makes my mind turn on me and my body wants to sabotage everything I've worked so hard for. This sucks! I haven't been tracking my intake, I haven't worked out for a week, and I feel like crap. In addtion, Uni is killing me and I hate all my classes.

Okay, that's all the negativity I've got. Putting on exercise-outfit now, going to get some work done!
  • kattungen
    Options
    I did it, I worked out! :D
  • SkierElle
    Options
    Melissa - have fun in NYC!!

I've been doing really great on my goals and I haven't had any sweets since this started, since saturday, and I think it is making a HUGE difference. I haven't weighed myself yet, but I will this weekend or Monday, but my skin looks better and i just FEEL great! Also I have been a lot more productive at school work.

I have a huge exam tomorrow to study for, so I'm off. But I think the temptation to have sugar and bad snacks (sweets are mainly my weak point. I hate chips and pizza and salty fatty stuff) is during studying because I get bored so just wanted to kind of check in and give myself some motivation!!

I'm glad so many of us are in this group, you all are AWESOME!!
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    Hey all, still new to this thread so I guess I should jump in and start chatting! I posted my goals a few days ago. Unfortunately, I already missed a spinning class this week so that means only 1 out of 2 this week BUT I am not going to let that get me down. I started throwing myself a pity party for all of 5 minutes yesterday and then got on here and realized I needed to buck up and just make sure I do it next week.

I am on target for my other two goals. Weight-in is tomorrow and then after that is my 2nd lifting session of the week. Just started a new lifting program at the gym I am going to. I've lifted in the past, but not regularly enough to feel comfortable creating my own routine. So the new gym I joined was offering a special. One ohur of 1 on 1 training with the owner for half the price for any new members in the first month. I jumped at the opportunity and now I am glad I did. He created a routine that was realistic for me to do only twice a week, but was really challenging for me so I wouldn't get bored. I tend to get bored just being on machines. So we did a nice free-weight routine with just a few machines mixed in there. I am excited about it and its nice because I have weird days off so when I do go in to lift I have the whole place to myself.

So thats me and my goals this week in a nutshell. Will let everyone know how I did with the weigh-in tomorrow! :)

Oh ya! Don't think I ever really introduced myself: I'm Cait!:smile::smile:
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    @ Meag: OH!! Hmmm, I guess I haven't really thought about rockcliming goals. I'm definitely sticking with it (it's fun, and if I don't stick with it, I don't pass the class!) I've made my own personal goals at the end of most classes - like when I am unable to complete a route, I move on, but with the intention of coming back and beasting it later. Like on Monday, I tried a red and yellow route and they both had a spot where I couldn't just reach out for the next hold, I had to jump a little for it. I want to be able to make that jump by the end of the class!! And be able to climb up at least part of the natural rock wall. My goals for after December would be keep rockclimbing even after the class is over!!

@ Melissa: have a FANTASTIC trip to NYC!! I lived there for the summer last year and I loved it! There's just so much to do (and so much to eat! haha).

@ SkierElle: great job on kicking the sweets!! Good luck on your exam!!!
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,
    I woke up feeling a lot better today, I think these food changes are causing me to detox which= getting sick. I peeked at the scale today and it is almost down 2lbs! I am feeling great for my official WI tomorrow. I am going to take a few more days off exercising since I am still not feeling that great. I managed to have an all veggie breakfast today, I have been slacking on that lately. Well Sounds like everyone is doing amazing! I wanted to add to my goals to fit into the size 8 pants I have hanging on my wall as my thinspiration. I am not sure I can do that in a month but maybe something to look forward to? What do you ladies think? Have a great day!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Wow I love how this thread moves!

Aly - You have pants hanging on your wall? Hehe Brilliant! If you need inspiration then I guess that's a good way to get motivated :bigsmile: You'll be in those pants in no time! 2lbs is a great loss, especially since your weight-loss had been stagnating for a while. Fingers crossed for tomorrow's WI :happy:

Emmy - Great job on the swimming. Sounds like you really enjoy it too. Wish I could get into swimming. What a refreshing full body workout. I need to find me a swimsuit and just DIVE IN! Glad to hear you made up for your little weekend away in less than a week. I knew you would. I am positive you'll see some good results on the scale this week.

Cait - Great to have you here and thanks for introducing yourself! I love your goals - I am seriously impressed with anyone that can withstand a full spinning class. Wow. 30 mins of spinning and I am DEAD. My legs feel like they just might fall right off. So good on you for doing it! And if you miss a class, just commit yourself to making up for it by doing an extra day of cardio later in the week. Keep yourself accountable and get your burn in. Life gets in the way sometimes so we need to be adaptable. If you can't get one in at any other time, then just do your best to stick to your schedule and make it a priority. Meeting all your other goals is definitely something to be proud of :happy: Good luck with your WI tomorrow!

kattungen - Brutal. Feeling like that is never good :sad: Getting close to your goals can sometimes make you revert to the old self mode - You have to keep reminding yourself that this whole deal is about living healthy and making a lifestyle change that will last. Dieting and then reverting back to old habits once you meet your goals is only going to perpetuate the cycle of gaining + losing the same so many pounds every year or two. Just do your best to track your intake, even if it's not great, and try to get up and moving as much as you can. Good job getting out for a workout today! Some days it can definitely be hard to motivate yourself but you'll feel great about finishing once you do. Good luck!

SkierElle - Rock on!! So impressed that you are sticking to your snacking goal. Healthy snacking is really a difficult thing to master, so good for you :) Hope you can keep it up (with the occasional treat - you deserve it!). Good luck on your exam tomorrow!! And if you feel like snacking, bring some fresh veg to crunch on while you study and make sure you have lots of sugar free gum handy. Can't snack if your mouth is already busy...

Loads and loads of errands and stuff to do today... Have to get ready for work this weekend and then leaving for my trip on Sunday. Am going to visit friends in Ottawa for 4 days (because it's the only "vacation" my bf and I can afford right now) and have so much to do before I leave... Going to try and fit in some circuit training today and stretching, amongst everything else. I have major cleaning to do as well. Work tonight until 3am. And then tomorrow I am spending 5 hours moving furniture as a favour to my mother - so much for a rest day! haha

Have a great Thursday everyone!
    -Meag:heart:
  • cruan
    cruan Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi laides! I just found this post, so I'd like to join in. :smile: My name is Crystal and I'm starting really love this site. I'm doing Herbalife to help me lose weight and so far it's working, I just need to really focus! :laugh: I'm hoping I copied the right list, it's the last one that I could find!

Kattungen: To lose 5 lbs :)
    kvr413: lose 10 lbs, thanksgiving included, which will put me at 169!
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 157 lbs & to run the first 2 weeks of my 10k running program (mileage13-14 and 15-16)
    Emmyworthy: To reach 199lbs, swim 3 times a week, lose 8 inches over all with 1 inch coming from my upper arms.
    ksv123: to lose 3 pounds (yes, including Thanksgiving!!), and ramp up my workout routine that I have managed to ignore lately. The workout will include a minimum of 4 days a week of either elliptical or 30 Day Shred.
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - To lose 5 pounds and work out at least 2 times per week.
    meagalayne- To reach 130lbs, complete weeks 2 and 3 of the push-up challenge at my own pace, and run my 8k (Nov 13) under 50 mins :D
    LostAlyKat (Aly) - To lose 3lbs, follow my prescribed food plan, and workout 6 days a week!
    Tjradd73-to lose 9.6lbs, and to continue on with the push-up challenge :)
    allislefttogain: Maintain (120-125 range); no scale until December 1st; 2 days a week with strength/body weight training; run 3-4x a week and run my 10K in 56 minutes or under (be happy with 59:01 or under though!)
    rai8759: loose 3 lbs by Thanksgiving, 5 lbs in total/workout 3x a week 60-90 minutes/5K in 30 min or less/be true to food diary even if i miss a day get right back into it the next day!!
    tai_88: to lose 5 lbs and continue working out at least 4 times a week.
    wardiemelissa-my goal is to lose my last 0.5 pounds (taking me to 125 pounds-my wedding weight from 7 years and 2 kids ago), to maintain my weight, continue with my exercise routine (running 3-4 days and strength on off days) and finish my first 10K under 75 minutes on Thanksgiving Day!!!
    spellbinder - Reach 146lbs, exercise 5 days a week, do strength training + crunches + squats 3 days a week, ensure that I don't put on any weight during thanksgiving week!!
    SkierElle- reach 180lbs/exercise every day/limit sweets and desserts (apart from Thanksgiving)
    ttaylortulsa: 8 lbs for month - C25K training 3 days/wk - 30 Day Shred (or equivalent) 2 days/week - YBB vid 1 day/week
    allie7383: to get into the 150's (6.5 lbs away!), workout 6 days a week, and increase my water intake.
    inskydiamonds: eat vegetables with dinner every night / lose about 5 pounds
    mcanals123: To drop down to 165 and break my plateau :-)
    finncmh: Lose 1 pound a week- bringing me to 198 by end of the month. Full body lifting routine two days a week. Get to spinning class at least two times a week.
    miss_amy: lose a total of 25lbs, work out 5x a week & eat more fiber & protein. -5.6lbs to go!
    purpleprose: lose 5 pounds from 10/29 weight, run the whole 5K on Thanksgiving (no walking), and to eat organic, whole foods at least 60% of the time
    oreganoqueen: brave the gym at least once a week & eat more protein
    coatadaycarrie: finally get down to 145, and to work out at least 5x a week for at least half an hour each time.
    lauratx22-lose 8 pds! starting weight 190
    ottawagirl613: lose 5 pounds to get me halfway to my goal weight of 130 pounds by christmas! also to complete my 15 mins a day of toning exercises EVERY DAY :)! (and squeeze in a few 15-30 min walks a few times a week)
    stuartme123: lose 4 pounds, workout at the gym or attend yoga class lasting 30+ min, 3x a week, keep unhealthy snacking to under 200 calories/day - this includes YOU potato chips!!!
    CraftyGirl4 - Do all the P90X workouts for this month (maybe taking off Thanksgiving Day). Not to step on the scale until Decemeber 1st, 2010.
    vbos~ lose 8lbs, 8 cups of H2O a day, run/elliptical 4x/week, strength train 3x/week, 5k Turkey Trot in 30mins, oh and drink alcohol only once a week!!
    cruan - Stick to my 2 shakes a day, really watch my calories so I don't go over, lose 5-7 pounds, somehow fit some exercise into the craziness that is my life!
  • kattungen
    Options
    @cruan - Welcome! You _are_ eating more than just two Herbalife-shakes each day, right?

@meagalayne - thank you! It's really tough getting back into the correct mindset, and for each "re-commitment" to myself I tend to overdo it the first days until I can find my pace again. No matter, this is the last time I'm changing my lifestyle - this time it'll stick! :)