Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties! - November Challenge

Options

Replies

• GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing great!! This month is off to a smashing start! I can't believe how much this thread grows after being away from it for just a couple of hours. Keep the encouragement flowing!!

I decided to change my weigh-in days to Thursdays and it is off to a great start...I am down 2 pounds!! :bigsmile: And I had a great night last night. Made a healthy dinner for my kids and I. I have struggled with making dinners and including my children. I usually fix them whatever they want to eat and make a separate meal for myself. But I know that I need to include my kids on my healthy eating habits so that they can get an early start on this whole thing. I will be working through the weekend so hopefully I am able to keep up the good work!

Happy Thursday ladies and Happy Losing!!
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Guam Girly!- WTG! sounds like you are embracing this healthy eating thing. This is coming on my 3rd year of healthy changes to a healthy lifestyle. and I am just now starting to figure out what it truly means to be healthy, and to eat healthy and to feel good!

Mini update from me- I got my food plan and I feel like I can really do it! My bf is so sweet and works so hard and making this easier for me I am truly lucky. I am so glad that I have all you guys on here as well. Even though I am not calorie counting I still come on here all the time to check on you guys! Maybe we can do a picture thing sometime? we can post our pictures now and then at the end of the month? sound fun to anyone?
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Mini update from me- I got my food plan and I feel like I can really do it! My bf is so sweet and works so hard and making this easier for me I am truly lucky. I am so glad that I have all you guys on here as well. Even though I am not calorie counting I still come on here all the time to check on you guys! Maybe we can do a picture thing sometime? we can post our pictures now and then at the end of the month? sound fun to anyone?
    LOL Anyone who has me as a friend on MFP knows that I *LOVE* pictures. Especially pictures of myself! HAHAHA So vain! Just took some yesterday, actually, and have a shot of my waist from Nov 1st. I'll take another on Dec 1st, in the same clothes, to compare! I am game!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Guam -- Getting your kids in on the healthy-eating thing is a great idea! I wish I had been raised in a healthier household when I was younger... Suffering through childhood + adolescence as an unhealthy/overweight kid was awful, and it was even worse that I had no idea where to start when I wanted to get my life on track. Struggled for years w/ diets before I got my head on straight and started living healthy. Giving your kids a head-start is brilliant. Good job :D Thankfully I am rubbing off on my family and my parents are living much healthier lives now as well! :drinker:
  • VBos
    VBos Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    wow, so i jumped on the scale this morning and it was not so good. i'm up 4lbs since the last time i weighed!! yikes! so i'm at 151, but still hoping to be 140 by the end of the month... ugh
  • GuamGrly
    Options
    Meag and Aly - thank you for the kind words and encouragement!! My next goal will be to get the whole household involved. They will get on these "diet kicks" but they never last long and before long they have resorted back to their old ways. But my mom is constantly talking about trying to lose weight. She has managed to take off 17 pounds and now has just maintained. It would be great for her to drop at least another 20 pounds. She hates exercise too so I am hoping that I can start getting her to eat healthier.

vbos - no need to get discouraged. Use the gain as fuel to work even harder toward your goal. And even if you don't reach 140, any loss is getting you that much closer to your ultimate goal. We all have good days and bad days. We just need to praise the good days and learn from the bad days. We will all get there.
  • tai_88
    tai_88 Posts: 23
    Options
    So I made the decision today to get all the left over halloween candy out of my house and take it to work, so i won't eat it. apprently that back fired because today I ate 5 funsize candy bars ... which hapens to be more than I ate all halloween weekend... know i realize that its not the apocalyse and part of me wants to blame PMS and sugar craving but now i totally feel terrible.

(funny story I wanted to say I ate only 3 bars... but realized why should I lie to you guys, doubt you are plannign on finding me and torture me for my chocolate indulgence... I would just be lying to myself).

This week just seems to be taking a nose drive... I'm goign to the gym and tonight I will meet my goal of going at least 4 days per week... but where has that endorphine rush gone? I usually feel great about the gym and yesterday and today just feels like chore.

So I've decided for november I will eat no more candy. It will be my personal cold-turkey experiment to figure out if I actually like the stuff... and get frickin happy because I'm the only one pulling myself down...

Kattungen: To lose 5 lbs :)
    kvr413: lose 10 lbs, thanksgiving included, which will put me at 169!
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 157 lbs & to run the first 2 weeks of my 10k running program (mileage13-14 and 15-16)
    Emmyworthy: To reach 199lbs, swim 3 times a week, lose 8 inches over all with 1 inch coming from my upper arms.
    ksv123: to lose 3 pounds (yes, including Thanksgiving!!), and ramp up my workout routine that I have managed to ignore lately. The workout will include a minimum of 4 days a week of either elliptical or 30 Day Shred.
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - To lose 5 pounds and work out at least 2 times per week.
    meagalayne- To reach 130lbs, complete weeks 2 and 3 of the push-up challenge at my own pace, and run my 8k (Nov 13) under 50 mins :D
    LostAlyKat (Aly) - To lose 3lbs, follow my prescribed food plan, and workout 6 days a week!
    Tjradd73-to lose 9.6lbs, and to continue on with the push-up challenge :)
    allislefttogain: Maintain (120-125 range); no scale until December 1st; 2 days a week with strength/body weight training; run 3-4x a week and run my 10K in 56 minutes or under (be happy with 59:01 or under though!)
    rai8759: loose 3 lbs by Thanksgiving, 5 lbs in total/workout 3x a week 60-90 minutes/5K in 30 min or less/be true to food diary even if i miss a day get right back into it the next day!!
    tai_88: to lose 5 lbs, stopping eating candy for the month and continue working out at least 4 times a week.
    wardiemelissa-my goal is to lose my last 0.5 pounds (taking me to 125 pounds-my wedding weight from 7 years and 2 kids ago), to maintain my weight, continue with my exercise routine (running 3-4 days and strength on off days) and finish my first 10K under 75 minutes on Thanksgiving Day!!!
    spellbinder - Reach 146lbs, exercise 5 days a week, do strength training + crunches + squats 3 days a week, ensure that I don't put on any weight during thanksgiving week!!
    SkierElle- reach 180lbs/exercise every day/limit sweets and desserts (apart from Thanksgiving)
    ttaylortulsa: 8 lbs for month - C25K training 3 days/wk - 30 Day Shred (or equivalent) 2 days/week - YBB vid 1 day/week
    allie7383: to get into the 150's (6.5 lbs away!), workout 6 days a week, and increase my water intake.
    inskydiamonds: eat vegetables with dinner every night / lose about 5 pounds
    mcanals123: To drop down to 165 and break my plateau :-)
    finncmh: Lose 1 pound a week- bringing me to 198 by end of the month. Full body lifting routine two days a week. Get to spinning class at least two times a week.
    miss_amy: lose a total of 25lbs, work out 5x a week & eat more fiber & protein. -5.6lbs to go!
    purpleprose: lose 5 pounds from 10/29 weight, run the whole 5K on Thanksgiving (no walking), and to eat organic, whole foods at least 60% of the time
    oreganoqueen: brave the gym at least once a week & eat more protein
    coatadaycarrie: finally get down to 145, and to work out at least 5x a week for at least half an hour each time.
    lauratx22-lose 8 pds! starting weight 190
    ottawagirl613: lose 5 pounds to get me halfway to my goal weight of 130 pounds by christmas! also to complete my 15 mins a day of toning exercises EVERY DAY :)! (and squeeze in a few 15-30 min walks a few times a week)
    stuartme123: lose 4 pounds, workout at the gym or attend yoga class lasting 30+ min, 3x a week, keep unhealthy snacking to under 200 calories/day - this includes YOU potato chips!!!
    CraftyGirl4 - Do all the P90X workouts for this month (maybe taking off Thanksgiving Day). Not to step on the scale until Decemeber 1st, 2010.
    vbos~ lose 8lbs, 8 cups of H2O a day, run/elliptical 4x/week, strength train 3x/week, 5k Turkey Trot in 30mins, oh and drink alcohol only once a week!!
    cruan - Stick to my 2 shakes a day, really watch my calories so I don't go over, lose 5-7 pounds, somehow fit some exercise into the craziness that is my life!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Hey Tai-

Sounds like great goals to me! I did the same thing with Salt and Vinegar chips a while back and I have a pretty good time now specifically buying and eating them only in serving sizes and on planned occasions. (Once upon a rather gross time, I could eat the bulk of a PARTY bag. No lie. I thought my mom was gonna kill me). *Deep breath* It'll get better.

As for the gym- what kind of workout routine are you doing? Maybe you need a new routine or type of exercise to get excited about? Maybe there's a class you could take or a new machine or style of workout you could try? If you have netflix, there's a bunch of vid's you can try for free! Some are instant play but those mostly suck. But you could order one and replace your reg workout with that? Even just 1x a week might give you the space from the gym and the jolt of newness that might help keep it fresh for you!

Good luck!

~Gonk
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Mmm GONK! You're making me want S&V chips now....

Great goal Tai! Funsized candy bars are so, so easy to over-indulge in! But the good news is they are only about 60 cals a pop. 300 calories +/- won't ruin your whole week :happy: Just get to the gym and work it off and you'll do great.

The mental "I can't believe I just sabotaged myself like that" is WAY the worst part. Your body will forgive you so just forgive yourself and have a great day tomorrow!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    This has become quite the popular place to be hasn't it!!! that's awesome! :)

Tai-Meag is right 5 fun size candy bars could have been way worse. great job for trying to do the right thing and getting them out of your house though! those 5 could've been 10!!! one great workout and it'll be like you never even had them!

Guam-you should get your mom to join this site!! that's what i did for my mom, and although she's not quite the social butterfly that we are...it is still holding here accountable and she has had a loss since she's been here! Just a thought :)

vbos-don't get discouraged...last week i gained 3lbs for no reason but at my weigh-in for the week i still ended up with a loss...anything can happen by the end of the month!! just keep moving!

welcome to all of the new folk too btw!!! AND as always good luck to everyone!!
  • GuamGrly
    Options
    Tai - you admitted where you made a detour on your path and have gotten right back on the path to where you want to be. And great job reaching your workout goals for the week. I have yet to get into the gym at all this week and it most likely will not happen since I am working through the weekend as well. But I am having a good week so far...hopefully I am able to keep it up. And I wish you the best on quitting fun size bars cold turkey. I have a HUGE sweet tooth and actually have yet to indulge in any of my kid's candy. And luckily I have steered them away from candy for the most part so they have maybe had one piece a day. Not too bad!! Everyone at work knows that I always bring in the kid's candy after holidays and birthday parties so they have been asking for it on a daily basis. I will leave it in the house through the weekend and whats left will be distributed between my brother, my boyfriend, and work.

tjradd - I wish I could get my mom to sign up for this site. I have told her about it a few times but she doesn't sit in front of a computer at work like she used to so its a little more difficult for her. I just don't know that she is truly ready to make a change. I look forward to moving out one day so that it will be my house, my rules, and my food.

So...I am already starting to think about Thanksgiving and how I will deal with all of the yummy goodness. I once read a post where a girl have a cake rule...she could eat cake on her birthday and as much cake as she wanted but only on her birthday. The rest of the year she went without. So I am thinking about adapting that for Thanksgiving but then I think that it would just throw all of my hard work down the drain. I know I have weeks before I have to even think about it. But I LOVE food which is why I am a little fluffy.
  • hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    my goal for november is to lose 5 lbs.

i've been having a pretty difficult week. i have NOT been doing well at all. i have binge eating tendencies that really make me gain all the weight i lose. i am scared to weigh myself, and i have not been going to my workouts because i haven't been feeling well.

if someone could give me good advice on how to battle emotional eating, and also how to motivate myself to work out more often, that would be great.

currently i am in a bootcamp program but because i go to the one in the morning, there aren't enough people for the trainer to do it monday through friday, and so i go only on mon, wed, and fri. i WANT to go run on tues and thurs morning as well but i never end up doing it.
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Lolahippie- I totally know what you mean about emotional eating, I found that writing down what I eat and at what time helped me. I also would right down how I feel before and after I ate it. It seemed to help. Also if you feel that you need something to eat, drink a glass of water and wait 10 minutes and see if you still want food. Usually you find out that your are not really hungry, you are just bored or upset. As far as making yourself work out you just have to try to commit it a little at a time. Don't try to run both days at first just say you will do it one day that week. If you do it tuesday and you don't feel like it thursday, give yourself a break. If you miss tuesday do it thursday. I find that letting yourself off the hook helps.

GuamGirly- I have been planning thanksgiving since the end of October! haha I have a fairly strict diet I have been following from a nutritionist and I am only allowed one cheat meal a week. I have to figure out how to have 2 thanksgivings and still be good, I also have to cater to a vegan for thanksgiving. I would say start looking at healthy recipes now of you are cooking, if your not cooking think about the foods you really love that you don't get all the time and let yourself have a little of that. make a game plan and visualize it.

My official WI day is tomorrow morning! Lets hope for greatness!!!

Hey Meag- arn't you vegan? or really close?
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Aly - not a vegan nope. I love love love dairy. Wish I had the dedication though b/c the meat + dairy industry makes me very sad. But without many options in terms of protein for vegans/vegetarians, it's tough. I try to drink soy instead of reg milk, but soy yogurt is awful. I eat lots of tofu when I can and I prefer not to eat meat, but it's not always possible since everyone around me is an omnivore...

Biggest problem right now is that I am really trying to jack up my protein to gain lean muscle and to lose fat -- For ages while I was losing I was eating little to no meat at all. Now that I am focusing on protein and fat intake, I am eating WAY more dairy and meat products - cottage cheese, yogurt, meat, fish, etc along with the tofu, nuts and other stuff I had before. I am just going to pick up my whey isolate tonight (another milk product - ugh!) to boost my protein further. It's nearly impossible to get 70+ grams of protein without animal products, unfortunately, especially on a reasonable budget and with healthy food choices.

Anyway - long story short, was VEG for a long time, then started integrating some meat products, and now I just eat whatever is healthiest and try to use substitutes when I can. It's not ideal but it is what my body needs right now. Poor little defenseless animals :cry:

Lolahippie - I can't tell you how often I don't feel like running... It's really tough finding the motivation. My best suggestion is just not to think about it. Don't give yourself the time to make up excuses. Get up, put on your workout stuff, and get outside. I don't even allow myself the option most days. It's just a part of my routine, one that I never skip. You just have to commit to doing it. Aly is right though - baby steps so you don't overwhelm yourself. One day a week is a good starter. And when you absolutely can't make it, let yourself off the hook or go running another day. It doesn't have to be set in stone. Some weeks I run Sun/Tues/Thurs and others (like this one) I run Mon/Wed/Sat... Whatever works! Good luck :bigsmile:

OH and GOOD LUCK to those weighing-in Friday morning!!! That means YOU Alykat! hehe
    -Meag
  • spellbinder25
    spellbinder25 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    oh my...this thread has been so active today & i've been missing all the action...was awfully busy at work today & have no energy to even read through all the posts...but i'll do that tomm :)

good night everyone!!
  • GuamGrly
    Options
    lola - When I was working out on a regular basis, I was going 3-4 times per week while I was also working full-time, going to school full-time, and being a single mom to 2 kids. But I also had nothing else going on in my life...wasn't going out on the weekends and would usually be in the gym at least 2 times during the weekend. I would not allow myself unreasonable excuses like being tired. If I had already made up my mind at any point during the day that I was gonna workout then I made sure to follow through with it. I would either go to classes and put the kids in the kids club or I would go to the gym after they went to sleep. However, things have changed and life happened. I am now dating a great guy that takes up at at least 2 nights of my week, plus school one night a week. I have definitely struggled getting back into that routine. I am very interested in running and might start with that one day a week as well.

Aly - I am hoping to be able to do some of the cooking this year and sneak in some healthier choices that will hopefully become favorites. Then they will ask for it each year. We shall see. I was checking out dessert recipes in a magazine I get and most recipes were about 400-600 calories for one serving. So I definitely need to find some alternatives that will still hit the spot for Thanksgiving food.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Lolahippie - I can't tell you how often I don't feel like running... It's really tough finding the motivation. My best suggestion is just not to think about it. Don't give yourself the time to make up excuses. Get up, put on your workout stuff, and get outside. I don't even allow myself the option most days. It's just a part of my routine, one that I never skip.

Concur! I wear my gym clothes to bed, and start running in the morning before I can even think about what I'm doing.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    just adding lolahippie!!! welcome to the site btw :)

Kattungen: To lose 5 lbs :)
    kvr413: lose 10 lbs, thanksgiving included, which will put me at 169!
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 157 lbs & to run the first 2 weeks of my 10k running program (mileage13-14 and 15-16)
    Emmyworthy: To reach 199lbs, swim 3 times a week, lose 8 inches over all with 1 inch coming from my upper arms.
    ksv123: to lose 3 pounds (yes, including Thanksgiving!!), and ramp up my workout routine that I have managed to ignore lately. The workout will include a minimum of 4 days a week of either elliptical or 30 Day Shred.
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - To lose 5 pounds and work out at least 2 times per week.
    meagalayne- To reach 130lbs, complete weeks 2 and 3 of the push-up challenge at my own pace, and run my 8k (Nov 13) under 50 mins :D
    LostAlyKat (Aly) - To lose 3lbs, follow my prescribed food plan, and workout 6 days a week!
    Tjradd73-to lose 9.6lbs, and to continue on with the push-up challenge :)
    allislefttogain: Maintain (120-125 range); no scale until December 1st; 2 days a week with strength/body weight training; run 3-4x a week and run my 10K in 56 minutes or under (be happy with 59:01 or under though!)
    rai8759: loose 3 lbs by Thanksgiving, 5 lbs in total/workout 3x a week 60-90 minutes/5K in 30 min or less/be true to food diary even if i miss a day get right back into it the next day!!
    tai_88: to lose 5 lbs, stopping eating candy for the month and continue working out at least 4 times a week.
    wardiemelissa-my goal is to lose my last 0.5 pounds (taking me to 125 pounds-my wedding weight from 7 years and 2 kids ago), to maintain my weight, continue with my exercise routine (running 3-4 days and strength on off days) and finish my first 10K under 75 minutes on Thanksgiving Day!!!
    spellbinder - Reach 146lbs, exercise 5 days a week, do strength training + crunches + squats 3 days a week, ensure that I don't put on any weight during thanksgiving week!!
    SkierElle- reach 180lbs/exercise every day/limit sweets and desserts (apart from Thanksgiving)
    ttaylortulsa: 8 lbs for month - C25K training 3 days/wk - 30 Day Shred (or equivalent) 2 days/week - YBB vid 1 day/week
    allie7383: to get into the 150's (6.5 lbs away!), workout 6 days a week, and increase my water intake.
    inskydiamonds: eat vegetables with dinner every night / lose about 5 pounds
    mcanals123: To drop down to 165 and break my plateau :-)
    finncmh: Lose 1 pound a week- bringing me to 198 by end of the month. Full body lifting routine two days a week. Get to spinning class at least two times a week.
    miss_amy: lose a total of 25lbs, work out 5x a week & eat more fiber & protein. -5.6lbs to go!
    purpleprose: lose 5 pounds from 10/29 weight, run the whole 5K on Thanksgiving (no walking), and to eat organic, whole foods at least 60% of the time
    oreganoqueen: brave the gym at least once a week & eat more protein
    coatadaycarrie: finally get down to 145, and to work out at least 5x a week for at least half an hour each time.
    lauratx22-lose 8 pds! starting weight 190
    ottawagirl613: lose 5 pounds to get me halfway to my goal weight of 130 pounds by christmas! also to complete my 15 mins a day of toning exercises EVERY DAY :)! (and squeeze in a few 15-30 min walks a few times a week)
    stuartme123: lose 4 pounds, workout at the gym or attend yoga class lasting 30+ min, 3x a week, keep unhealthy snacking to under 200 calories/day - this includes YOU potato chips!!!
    CraftyGirl4 - Do all the P90X workouts for this month (maybe taking off Thanksgiving Day). Not to step on the scale until Decemeber 1st, 2010.
    vbos~ lose 8lbs, 8 cups of H2O a day, run/elliptical 4x/week, strength train 3x/week, 5k Turkey Trot in 30mins, oh and drink alcohol only once a week!!
    cruan - Stick to my 2 shakes a day, really watch my calories so I don't go over, lose 5-7 pounds, somehow fit some exercise into the craziness that is my life!
    lolahippie-to lose 5lbs!
  • SkierElle
    Options
    Hey Meagalayne, I just wanted to comment about eating dairy and meat. I agree that those industries are horrible. I am an animal science major so I have been studying them for the past 3+ years. but they don't have to be... and I believe that they need a lot of change, and to feed the world we NEED animals; they can thrive in many areas that crops can't be grown.

In the US (and I think a lot of Canada too) for the past 60 years it's been all about efficiency (the least cost put into animals via feed and land results in the most pounds of gain), that's why cows have been kept in confinement and fed grain (corn mostly) which is subsidized by the US government. Ever since WW2, when there was a surplus. but in other countries, animals still live on pasture,and i got a chance to see that when I studied in New Zealand. It is a lot different working on a dairy in Nz than in the US (and i have done both). Here, almost half of the cows are lame because of the food -grain-which is completely unnatural, they can't digest it properly and the acidosis they get from it makes them lame. they fall down because they slip on the concrete, They are fed too little/the wrong things to be expected to produce so much. this is a generalization of course, and some aren't like this. but it needs a big change. I quit my job at a dairy for all these reasons. I couldn't bear to see the cows struggling to get up anymore, and falling over and not being able to get back up.

Anyway, I'll get off the soapbox now, I could say a lot more about this subject but my main point in saying this is, animal agriculture doesn't have to be horrible and we need it. if you can, you should support pasture based animal production (just organic doesn't mean much, it could be just as confined and factory-like). The feedlot produced beef is a lot more fatty than the grass fed, and both the dairy and beef has more omega 3s. Just dont get me started about the chickens. I just really wish people would do their research before condemning all animal agriculture. Right now, I'd rather be vegan than eat the mainstream factory produced meat. but since I have the option of getting most of my meat, eggs and dairy from farmers that I know personally, I don't have to be!
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Holy cow did i miss a lot in the last couple days!! I tend to go MIA when I have off from work. Just spent the last 10 min catching up lol..
    First, Welcome to all the newbies!! I love just reading through all the posts b/c they're so inspiring, and when I'm feeling bummed, or not wanting to exercise, this site and this thread make me want to get off my butt.

meag- thanks again for your kind words! def keeps me motivated. enjoy your trip!! i don't always get the 6 days in, but am trying my best.. i don't go to the gym, just work out at home. i'm uncomfortable with gyms b/c i feel like people are looking at me, so i don't even bother stepping foot in them. when i started seriously trying to lose i would jog in place in either my living room or backyard b/c we don't have a treadmill. also i'd go walking in the park near me.. eventually i got to the point where i tried actually jogging around the park, and while it def took a few times. i managed to get 1 mile down, and now am up to 2 and 1/4 miles.. i actually went out the other day, though it's quickly getting cold out and i'm losing motivation to venture out unless i have to.

alykat- I also have a pair of size 8 pants hanging in my closet for inspiration lol! when I started, I was a 14, then a couple weeks ago i bought a 12 in one style, and was able to fit into a 10 in a bootcut, i guess b/c they have a higher rise.. i took that pair back and bought an 8, which i was excited to find out that i could actually fit my butt into, but cannot button them as of yet..

i think i need a mini-goal for myself this month, which would be to eat less processed meals and to cook more for myself. i do enjoy cooking, though i'm so bad at planning ahead for the week that i feel like end up spending so much to make just a couple meals. thank god for my costco membership though. i always buy chicken from them and it lasts a few weeks. i bought a few cookbooks a while back including one that's from the American Heart Association, so it's full of healthy meals.. i just need to sit down and actually think about making something lol.

1 week into the new month and so far it's eh, ok.. yesterday i had a total carb overload due to the fact that i made pad thai from this packaged meal i bought.. then that night my friend and i went to this italian place in town, so i had bread (flat out poor choice) and pasta.. the meals there are sooo large, that i had like 2 servings left over today for dinner. today i knew i needed a solid workout, so i got in 55 min of Turbofire, and did some bowling lol. The game was a bit slow though b/c we had little kids on either side of us so we were polite and let them go ahead. On the bright side I've been making it a point to get a lot of water in, and so far that's going well. I'm working the next 6 nights straight, which totally sux but at least it keeps me from going out and getting into trouble lol. starting on the 13th i'm on vacay, so hopefully i'll be able to get in a couple workouts a day... have a good rest of the week everyone, and congrats on the successes so far!!!