Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties! - November Challenge

Options

Replies

• Roobean33
    Options
    Hello All - Newbie here. Posting my first goal!

Kattungen: To lose 5 lbs :)
    kvr413: lose 10 lbs, thanksgiving included, which will put me at 169!
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 157 lbs & to run the first 2 weeks of my 10k running program (mileage13-14 and 15-16)
    Emmyworthy: To reach 199lbs, swim 3 times a week, lose 8 inches over all with 1 inch coming from my upper arms.
    ksv123: to lose 3 pounds (yes, including Thanksgiving!!), and ramp up my workout routine that I have managed to ignore lately. The workout will include a minimum of 4 days a week of either elliptical or 30 Day Shred.
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - To lose 5 pounds and work out at least 2 times per week.
    meagalayne- To reach 130lbs, complete weeks 2 and 3 of the push-up challenge at my own pace, and run my 8k (Nov 13) under 50 mins :D
    LostAlyKat (Aly) - To lose 3lbs, follow my prescribed food plan, and workout 6 days a week!
    Tjradd73-to lose 9.6lbs, and to continue on with the push-up challenge :)
    allislefttogain: Maintain (120-125 range); no scale until December 1st; 2 days a week with strength/body weight training; run 3-4x a week and run my 10K in 56 minutes or under (be happy with 59:01 or under though!)
    rai8759: loose 3 lbs by Thanksgiving, 5 lbs in total/workout 3x a week 60-90 minutes/5K in 30 min or less/be true to food diary even if i miss a day get right back into it the next day!!
    tai_88: to lose 5 lbs, stopping eating candy for the month and continue working out at least 4 times a week.
    wardiemelissa-my goal is to lose my last 0.5 pounds (taking me to 125 pounds-my wedding weight from 7 years and 2 kids ago), to maintain my weight, continue with my exercise routine (running 3-4 days and strength on off days) and finish my first 10K under 75 minutes on Thanksgiving Day!!!
    spellbinder - Reach 146lbs, exercise 5 days a week, do strength training + crunches + squats 3 days a week, ensure that I don't put on any weight during thanksgiving week!!
    SkierElle- reach 180lbs/exercise every day/limit sweets and desserts (apart from Thanksgiving)
    ttaylortulsa: 8 lbs for month - C25K training 3 days/wk - 30 Day Shred (or equivalent) 2 days/week - YBB vid 1 day/week
    allie7383: to get into the 150's (6.5 lbs away!), workout 6 days a week, and increase my water intake.
    inskydiamonds: eat vegetables with dinner every night / lose about 5 pounds
    mcanals123: To drop down to 165 and break my plateau :-)
    finncmh: Lose 1 pound a week- bringing me to 198 by end of the month. Full body lifting routine two days a week. Get to spinning class at least two times a week.
    miss_amy: lose a total of 25lbs, work out 5x a week & eat more fiber & protein. -5.6lbs to go!
    purpleprose: lose 5 pounds from 10/29 weight, run the whole 5K on Thanksgiving (no walking), and to eat organic, whole foods at least 60% of the time
    oreganoqueen: brave the gym at least once a week & eat more protein
    coatadaycarrie: finally get down to 145, and to work out at least 5x a week for at least half an hour each time.
    lauratx22-lose 8 pds! starting weight 190
    ottawagirl613: lose 5 pounds to get me halfway to my goal weight of 130 pounds by christmas! also to complete my 15 mins a day of toning exercises EVERY DAY :)! (and squeeze in a few 15-30 min walks a few times a week)
    stuartme123: lose 4 pounds, workout at the gym or attend yoga class lasting 30+ min, 3x a week, keep unhealthy snacking to under 200 calories/day - this includes YOU potato chips!!!
    CraftyGirl4 - Do all the P90X workouts for this month (maybe taking off Thanksgiving Day). Not to step on the scale until Decemeber 1st, 2010.
    vbos~ lose 8lbs, 8 cups of H2O a day, run/elliptical 4x/week, strength train 3x/week, 5k Turkey Trot in 30mins, oh and drink alcohol only once a week!!
    cruan - Stick to my 2 shakes a day, really watch my calories so I don't go over, lose 5-7 pounds, somehow fit some exercise into the craziness that is my life!
    lolahippie-to lose 5lbs!
    Roobean33- to lose 4 pounds and tone up - and bring my hubby along for the ride! :)
    [/quote]
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I'm modifying my goal because I've figured out my 2nd biweekly food challenge for myself. :)

Meggonkgonk: To reach 157 lbs & to run the first 2 weeks of my 10k running program (mileage13-14 and 15-16)
    Emmyworthy: To reach 199lbs, swim 3 times a week, lose 8 inches over all with 1 inch coming from my upper arms.
    ksv123: to lose 3 pounds (yes, including Thanksgiving!!), and ramp up my workout routine that I have managed to ignore lately. The workout will include a minimum of 4 days a week of either elliptical or 30 Day Shred.
    meagalayne- To reach 130lbs, complete weeks 2 and 3 of the push-up challenge at my own pace, and run my 8k (Nov 13) under 50 mins :D
    LostAlyKat (Aly) - To lose 3lbs, follow my prescribed food plan, and workout 6 days a week!
    allislefttogain: Maintain (120-125 range); no scale until December 1st; 2 days a week with strength/body weight training; run 3-4x a week and run my 10K in 56 minutes or under (be happy with 59:01 or under though!)
    rai8759: loose 3 lbs by Thanksgiving, 5 lbs in total/workout 3x a week 60-90 minutes/5K in 30 min or less/be true to food diary even if i miss a day get right back into it the next day!!
    tai_88: to lose 5 lbs, stopping eating candy for the month and continue working out at least 4 times a week.
    wardiemelissa-my goal is to lose my last 0.5 pounds (taking me to 125 pounds-my wedding weight from 7 years and 2 kids ago), to maintain my weight, continue with my exercise routine (running 3-4 days and strength on off days) and finish my first 10K under 75 minutes on Thanksgiving Day!!!
    spellbinder - Reach 146lbs, exercise 5 days a week, do strength training + crunches + squats 3 days a week, ensure that I don't put on any weight during thanksgiving week!!
    SkierElle- reach 180lbs/exercise every day/limit sweets and desserts (apart from Thanksgiving)
    ttaylortulsa: 8 lbs for month - C25K training 3 days/wk - 30 Day Shred (or equivalent) 2 days/week - YBB vid 1 day/week
    allie7383: to get into the 150's (6.5 lbs away!), workout 6 days a week, and increase my water intake.
    inskydiamonds: (November 1-14): eat vegetables with dinner every night / lose about 5 pounds (November 15-28): make low(er) cal Thanksgiving dishes. Lose at least 4 pounds.
    finncmh: Lose 1 pound a week- bringing me to 198 by end of the month. Full body lifting routine two days a week. Get to spinning class at least two times a week.
    miss_amy: lose a total of 25lbs, work out 5x a week & eat more fiber & protein. -5.6lbs to go!
    purpleprose: lose 5 pounds from 10/29 weight, run the whole 5K on Thanksgiving (no walking), and to eat organic, whole foods at least 60% of the time
    coatadaycarrie: finally get down to 145, and to work out at least 5x a week for at least half an hour each time.
    ottawagirl613: lose 5 pounds to get me halfway to my goal weight of 130 pounds by christmas! also to complete my 15 mins a day of toning exercises EVERY DAY :)! (and squeeze in a few 15-30 min walks a few times a week)
    stuartme123: lose 4 pounds, workout at the gym or attend yoga class lasting 30+ min, 3x a week, keep unhealthy snacking to under 200 calories/day - this includes YOU potato chips!!!
    CraftyGirl4 - Do all the P90X workouts for this month (maybe taking off Thanksgiving Day). Not to step on the scale until Decemeber 1st, 2010.
    vbos~ lose 8lbs, 8 cups of H2O a day, run/elliptical 4x/week, strength train 3x/week, 5k Turkey Trot in 30mins, oh and drink alcohol only once a week!!
    cruan - Stick to my 2 shakes a day, really watch my calories so I don't go over, lose 5-7 pounds, somehow fit some exercise into the craziness that is my life!
    lolahippie-to lose 5lbs!
    Roobean33- to lose 4 pounds and tone up - and bring my hubby along for the ride! :)
  • kattungen
    Options
    First Friday-weigh-in today! Since last Friday I've lost 0.8 kg (1.75 lbs!), but since the official November-weigh-in I've gained 0.1 kg (0.2 lbs). Oh well, better luck next week! ;D
  • emmyworthy
    emmyworthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Wow I really am having trouble keeping up with all you ladies!!!
    But from what I have managed to speed read it sounds like everyone is having a good first week of November..... and even if you did manage to eat 5 candy bars the first step is admitting it!!!hahaha!! No point lying to us like you said!!! We all go through the same things too!!
    I've manages 2 of my swims for the week so far and I'm planning the next one for tomorrow after work. Was thinking about going today but my legs and shoulders are a bit achy so I'm gonna give myself a break and just make sure I walk to University and back today which is a good half hour walk each way=]

I've got that Friday feeling everyone and I hope you do too=]
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    Alright so my first week. Hit 2 out of my 3 goals and I am feeling good about it! Will definitely hit the 3rd goal next week.
    Just a quick check in now-
    Weight Loss 2.2 out of 5 lbs (was shocked and excited to see that number)
    Weight Lifting 2 for 2 this week
    Spinning class 1 for 2

Normally I am off today and its my lifting day, but I snuck it in last night knowing that we were going to be looking at Wedding Venues all day. I thought about it and didn't want to miss out on another goal for the week knowing I wouldnt be able to get there at all this weekend.

Very excited to go check out this place. My fiance and I are getting married next October. :) Thanks for the motivation ladies!!!! Keep up the great work!
  • tai_88
    tai_88 Posts: 23
    Options
    finnccmh- Awesome job on your goals.... I really hope you feel accomplished! Yay wedding... What kind of venue are you looking for your wedding? Are you excited... gosh I'm excited for you!

Roobean- WELCOME!

Meag - enjoy your NYC trip!

Gonk- Right now I'm doing mostly cardio on an elliptical, Stairmaster or treadmill. I do want to start doing more strength or maybe a circuit but I hardly have any space at home. And honestly trying to get my 30mins of cardio when my bf only does weights can be difficult. I'll definitely look at Netflix and see if anything strikes my fancy... I used to do zumba and aerobics but now that I work further away I can’t get to the gym in time to make the classes.

So after my little incident yesterday and after I told you all, I had a much much better day. I met my 4 work out goal, I drank my full 8 cups of water and I had an awesome work out. I up-ed the resistance on my elliptical work out which made it that much harder to do which definitely helped me get my endorphin high back... so YAY!

Last night I went to Whole foods for the first time... and I honestly had a religious experience. Not so much about the organic food because generally I don’t eat organic. But there was SOOOOO much readymade food (me and my boy were there for dinner ideas). I honestly spent 30mins just looking around at all the choices. Settled on the brown rice, stemmed vegetables and teriyaki chicken… and I have leftovers for lunch. I will definitely be going back there again. And can I just say the “cart escalator” they have is so cool! I’m easily entertained.

So today is Friday and this weekend is supposed to be the coldest weather since March… today it is a chilly 68 degrees F (20 degrees C )... did I mention I live in Miami?

I’m going away this weekend to visit the boy’s parents. And try and save his mom from his sister… did I mention she (his sister) is getting married on the first of January and let’s just say she hasn’t been the easiest bride to work with…

So totally cured my facebook with a mfp habit… Can’t all be perfect… Will check in laters and see how everyone is doing…. ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Is everyone ready for this!!!!!!!!!! I lost 1.6lbs this week! I am so excited it is amazing. I had such a rough month last month but these food changes are really helping. I think I am going to change my goal to more than 3lbs since I am already half way there! I am going to shoot for 6 pounds right now. I have been battling a sore throat and back pain this week so I haven't worked out since sunday. But this sunday is the beginning of training so I am going to kick *kitten*! size 8 jeans watch out! I plan to put a picture of me in workout clothes on here this weekend and compare at the end of the month anyone game please join! Mini goal for this weekend- don't go overboard at the happy hour bar, decide if that is going to be my free meal for the week, and if not leave before eating anything bad.

So here is my updated goal list!

LostAlyKat (Aly) - To lose 6lbs from 172.6, follow my prescribed food plan, and workout 6 days a week!
    inskydiamonds: (November 1-14): eat vegetables with dinner every night / lose about 5 pounds (November 15-28): make low(er) cal Thanksgiving dishes. Lose at least 4 pounds.
    lolahippie-to lose 5lbs!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    i think i need a mini-goal for myself this month, which would be to eat less processed meals and to cook more for myself. i do enjoy cooking, though i'm so bad at planning ahead for the week that i feel like end up spending so much to make just a couple meals. thank god for my costco membership though. i always buy chicken from them and it lasts a few weeks. i bought a few cookbooks a while back including one that's from the American Heart Association, so it's full of healthy meals.. i just need to sit down and actually think about making something lol.

Allie-

I actually had a similar issue planning meals- I mean you think its just something that you can go out and do- shop and cook, right? For me- very wrongness. The link I'm posting below is to a women's health magazine "diet and exercise program" that I used over the summer (not the exercise part, that stuff was HARD). The diet plans out your meals and snacks at about 1500 cals a day. I used it over the summer (did all 6 weeks twice through) to kind of reset my "what is a meal" kind of internal clock. But the dinner options are suuuuper easy and are kind of the base for all my meal planning. I got used to what to buy and how much and now I can just pop out to the grocery store and buy what I see/want and throw something together later. Most of the time I find "women's health" to be a little hokey and not really focused on actual "health" but this article was really helpful (and you can look up all the recipes and just ignore the meal plan).

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/six-week-weight-loss-meal-plan-week-1

Tai- glad to hear you were able to get inspired again!

Welcome newbies, looking forward to upcoming chack ins.

ALY FREAKING AWESOME JOB GIRL!!!!

Kattugen...Imma say .8 kg down and congrats! Weekly is the important(er) thing. Awesome Job!!

If there's anyone I missed I'm sorry- I can hardly keep up!

~Gonks
  • cruan
    cruan Posts: 13
    Options
    @cruan - Welcome! You _are_ eating more than just two Herbalife-shakes each day, right?

I have 2 Herbalife shakes a day and then one healthy meal. When I'm in class on campus it's shakes for breakfast and lunch and then I make dinner at home. Now that I'm in a school all day, I'm going to have shakes for breakfast and dinner and then eat a regular meal for lunch, which I bring from home. I also have the protein bars to snack on and the beverarge mix to drink with my lunch. Surprisingly, their products are actualy pretty tasty! The problem I run into is having the 2 shakes, which are necessary to lose the weight. I started my first week of my practicum for teaching a couple weeks ago and made diner or ate leftovers everyday. The dinners were fairly healthy, but I was only having 1 shake, which is good for maintaining and I'm nowhere near ready for maintenance yet. So I need to make sure I'm having 2 shakes until this weight is gone! And on that note, it's time to make my breakfast! :smile:
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Wow... Things are really escalating quickly in here! haha Let's see...

FREAKING AMAZING RESULTS ALY!!! :drinker: Gosh you must be so thrilled! Really glad the new diet is working for you! Woohoo! Size 8 jeans, here you come.

Gonks - Great advice on the women's health site. I've never seen it before but from my first glance it looks like they provide good suggestions etc. I have trouble with such plans, unfortunately, because my eating schedule and diet is largely determined by what I actually feel like having. I can never stick to something like that. If I feel like having curry one night and it tells me to have salmon + veg, I am thoroughly unimpressed haha Looks like they have great meal ideas.

Allie - Let me know if you are interested in any quick + easy recipe suggestions. I cook every day and am crazy about it! Have to say that this is probably one of the main reasons I have been so successful with weight-loss. I'd be happy to help if I can :smile:

For dinner tonight - MIddle Eastern Lamb Stew, from eatingwell.com, modified to my tastes (chicken instead of lamb + more veggies)... Should be good :bigsmile:

Welcome Roobean! Hope you find the motivation and support you're looking for here :happy: I must say -- This group ROCKS!

Cait - WICKED progress meeting your goals, girl! 2 out of 3 is pretty darn good! Not to mention losing 2.2lbs in ONE WEEK! Freaking awesome. Keep it up -- this momentum can carry you through the whole month! And congrats on the pending nuptials. I am sure that is super exciting and great inspiration for losing weight, getting healthy and feeling good!

Emmy - I've got that Friday feeling too!! So excited for the weekend. The closer the weekend gets, the closer I am to being on vacation - WOOT :drinker:

OK as for me... Worked last night til 3am and managed to only snack on an apple after work (which is a huge victory because I usually stuff my face with all kinds of stuff when I'm on auto-pilot and I've been working for 5 hours). Got home and got to bed without lingering online for too long. I need to keep myself AWAY from the ice cream in the house, though. I had more last night after dinner. That's 2 or 3 days in a row now, plus some on Sat after my race. Seriously, I can't have the stuff in my house. I have no self-discipline around ice cream. It is my one weakness... Managing to still feel like I am losing though, which is nice. I'm feeling good about weigh-in on Sunday morning. Today I am spending all afternoon moving heavy awkward furniture for my mom out of the goodness of my heart. Tomorrow is my long run day since I will be traveling on Sunday. I am planning a 5 miler (8k) along the lake -- it's supposed to be a COLD 3C during the day. Better bundle up. That's about it!

I'll be checking between now and my return from Ottawa on Wednesday, but I will likely not be as active as usual (read: not super-glued to my MFP account). Keep up the good work everyone. You are all doing brilliantly! I am SO, SO impressed and inspired by everyone's commitment and dedication. This place has really helped me step up my game and commit myself fully to living the healthiest life I can. Really loving it.
    -Meag :heart:
  • Roobean33
    Options
    Weighed in for my first week and lost 1.2 pounds in a week! Super excited to start off strong! Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, I am super excited I found this group!:bigsmile: My goal is 4 pounds this month and it's looking attainable! Seeing results always makes me even more motivated to eat right and not sabotage my efforts at the gym. I'm hoping to trim down to 125 and then start training for some shorter races like a 5k, 10k. Anyway, that's my story!

Meag - I know exactly what you mean. I work at a hospital 2nd shift and I always come home late, starving and grab whatever I see first. Sometimes I would eat 2 bowls of cereal and still have like chips or something later on. I have been trying to save a few calories for then, but if I don't have them, I don't eat. I just hydrate (which seems to help a lot). I think that's a big part of my weight gain! SO, I know that apple is a victory to be celebrated!!!:drinker:
  • VBos
    VBos Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    this morning has not gone well for me so far. i'm hungover and want to eat anything and everything! i vegged out for breakfast, but i'm restarting my day right now!! asprin and lots of water lol
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    vbos...I know exactly how you're feeling. Although my tummy hurts and I'm not too sure if I really want to eat or if I want everyone's favorite hangover food...greasy and/or Mexican food. But I refuse to let my night change my eating habits. We can still do this without giving into our "usual" hangover cures! Especially since we probably wasted probably a few too many calories on the alcohol last night.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Meag - I know exactly what you mean. I work at a hospital 2nd shift and I always come home late, starving and grab whatever I see first. Sometimes I would eat 2 bowls of cereal and still have like chips or something later on. I have been trying to save a few calories for then, but if I don't have them, I don't eat. I just hydrate (which seems to help a lot). I think that's a big part of my weight gain! SO, I know that apple is a victory to be celebrated!!!:drinker:
    My biggest prob is the commute! I work 35 mins from home by highway and some nights I'll literally just snack the whole way home to stay awake... It's awful! I always pack lots of healthy snacks but I realized that I was unintentionally sabotaging myself because I would honestly eat everything I packed even if I wasn't hungry. Just auto-pilot. Eating out of exhaustion (by this point I am usually up for around 20-22 hours already). So last night I ONLY brought an apple and devoured it in the car while I drove. Held strong once I got home, thankfully. Have to continue to pack light when I go to work... It's definitely a mini-goal of mine, along with MORE WATER. Story of my life!
    Thanks Roo!
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Help with what to do tonight! I am going to a Happy Hour right after work to see some friends. I know I will be hungry and after a beer or two I will want to eat. I am debating if I should try to stick to my plan and try to just have a salad, or if I should have tonight be my cheat meal and go all out. I try to save cheat meals for when my BF and I go on a date night but we haven't had one yet, and I am not sure if we will have time. I don't really know what to do, but I want to try to decide before I get there so I feel more in control. On a side note I still feel a little sick, I really want to feel better, When I don't feel good I usually turn to food as my savior. Any help would be awesome Ladies! PS Sooo addicted to this thread!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Aly - I am so addicted to this thread too!! Tonight is kinda tricky. And could be based on how much you think you will drink. If you will be drinking a few then I don't think that a salad is sufficient food to have in your stomach for the amount of alcohol that you consume. Is it possible to kinda divide your cheat night in half and use part of it tonight and part of it when you go out with the BF?
  • emmyworthy
    emmyworthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Aly- considering you did so well in your weigh in this week you should definitely have a treat tonight!!! How often do you go to Happy Hour when you've got something so good to celebrate!!! Have an awesome night and have a beer for me=]
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    to the hungover ladies- LOL i will be feelin your pain tomorrow morning i am sure!!! i usually find that eating a piece of bread before i go out helps with the hangover the next morning!!! i always drink captain and diet coke cuz it seems to be one of the lowest options available! and a serving of chefboyardee is way better then the mexican food and usually takes cae of business!! good luck!

to kat-fantastic loss this week! and its all cuz you stuck with it so great job! if you don't have your date setup yet i say use your free meal tonight and you can always eat the salaf with your bf instead!

meag-have a great time on vacation!! and dont forget to take some pics!

everyone else-great job so far! wk1 of November is flying by!! I have decided to change my weighin day from Sunday morning to Wednesday morning so i should have a great loss then cuz itll be like 10 days!! keepin my fingers crossed!! keep up the good work everyone! :) Tara
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Tara- Just an FYI about changing your weigh in day- I check mine MWF and my official day is Sat. But you should keep in mind for the first few weeks you switch your body's weight for that day of the week might be lower or higher than its weight for other days of the week. For me, Monday I can be as much as 4 lbs heavier than I will be on the following sat. Wed is usually down about two lbs from that, Friday is usually close to my original weigh in and Saturday is when I see the "loss".

IE- My weights for the last week were: 10/23 (official) 163, Mon10/25 165, Wed164.4, Fri162.6, Sat162

I know that's really convoluted, I'm just saying, maybe you should keep- just for you- noting how you are on Sundays and compare it to your official weigh in on Wednesdays. Just so if there is a major difference, you dont freak yourself out. The first time I treid to weigh in on Monday like Meag I lost it!! My body is just sluggish at starting the new week.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Meggon- thanks for the advice sis, glad you are looking out for me!!! i weigh myself everyday though so i know that after my work week, which is wednesday afternoon after i wake up, is my BEST weigh-in of the week!!! i tend to do very well at work because i am so busy and only eat what i bring which is always good stuff without the chance of munching!! that's why i wanted to change it back...i only had changed it to Sunday cuz of when i joined this site and now its time to go back to my normal day :) thanks again though :) Tara