Replies

• meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
  • ottawagirl613
    ottawagirl613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Kattungen: To lose 5 lbs :)
    kvr413: lose 10 lbs, thanksgiving included, which will put me at 169!
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 157 lbs & to run the first 2 weeks of my 10k running program (mileage13-14 and 15-16)
    Emmyworthy: To reach 199lbs & to swim 3 times a week.
    ksv123: to lose 3 pounds (yes, including Thanksgiving!!), and ramp up my workout routine that I have managed to ignore lately. The workout will include a minimum of 4 days a week of either elliptical or 30 Day Shred.
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - To lose 5 pounds and work out at least 2 times per week.
    meagalayne- To reach 130lbs, complete weeks 2 and 3 of the push-up challenge at my own pace, and run my 8k (Nov 13) under 50 mins :D
    LostAlyKat (Aly) - To lose 3lbs, follow my prescribed food plan, and workout 6 days a week!
    Tjradd73-to lose 9.6lbs, and to continue on with the push-up challenge :)
    allislefttogain: Maintain (120-125 range); no scale until December 1st; 2 days a week with strength/body weight training; run 3-4x a week and run my 10K in 56 minutes or under (be happy with 59:01 or under though!)
    rai8759: loose 3 lbs by Thanksgiving, 5 lbs in total/workout 3x a week 60-90 minutes/5K in 30 min or less/be true to food diary even if i miss a day get right back into it the next day!!
    tai_88: to lose 5 lbs and continue working out at least 4 times a week.
    wardiemelissa-my goal is to lose my last 0.5 pounds (taking me to 125 pounds-my wedding weight from 7 years and 2 kids ago), to maintain my weight, continue with my exercise routine (running 3-4 days and strength on off days) and finish my first 10K under 75 minutes on Thanksgiving Day!!!
    spellbinder - Reach 146lbs, exercise 5 days a week, do strength training + crunches + squats 3 days a week, ensure that I don't put on any weight during thanksgiving week!!
    SkierElle- reach 180lbs/exercise every day/limit sweets and desserts (apart from Thanksgiving)
    ttaylortulsa: 8 lbs for month - C25K training 3 days/wk - 30 Day Shred (or equivalent) 2 days/week - YBB vid 1 day/week
    allie7383: to get into the 150's (6.5 lbs away!), workout 6 days a week, and increase my water intake.
    inskydiamonds: eat vegetables with dinner every night / lose about 5 pounds
    mcanals123: To drop down to 165 and break my plateau :-)
    finncmh: Lose 1 pound a week- bringing me to 198 by end of the month. Full body lifting routine two days a week. Get to spinning class at least two times a week.
    miss_amy: lose a total of 25lbs, work out 5x a week & eat more fiber & protein. -5.6lbs to go!
    purpleprose: lose 5 pounds from 10/29 weight, run the whole 5K on Thanksgiving (no walking), and to eat organic, whole foods at least 60% of the time
    oreganoqueen: brave the gym at least once a week & eat more protein
    coatadaycarrie: finally get down to 145, and to work out at least 5x a week for at least half an hour each time.
    lauratx22-lose 8 pds! starting weight 190
    ottawagirl613: lose 5 pounds to get me halfway to my goal weight of 130 pounds by christmas! also to complete my 15 mins a day of toning exercises EVERY DAY :)! (and squeeze in a few 15-30 min walks a few times a week)
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Welcome, Ottawagirl! At 140lbs or so, you are going to find losing 5lbs in one month can be quite tricky. Those last 10 or 15lbs are can be really stubborn - trust me, I know!!! You may want to try getting 30-45 mins of aerobic activity in at least 4 times a week if you want to really see a difference in your weight-loss. Otherwise, you may find it very difficult to reach your goal. Your strength training goal is brilliant though - what kind of training are you doing? I'd love to have a routine of 15-20 mins a day (since I'm awful at it and need to work more into my schedule). I'd love to hear about it!
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! The November Challenge :bigsmile: I know I've been gone for a few days, and I have a LOT to catch up on!!

My life has been crazy the past few days - so I had to wait until now for my check-in at the end of October. I only lost about 1.5 pounds during the October challenge. So although, I did not meet my scale goal for October, I'm really not that disappointed. I know that in order to lose weight I need to do more than just eat well - I need to make room in my life for regular work outs - which I have not been able to do for the past few weeks. With election day and midterms over, I am going to call up the gym and reschedule those dates that I keep canceling :wink: I've only got a few more months of this free membership, I might as well use it as much as possible! Goal = gym workout or yoga class (lasting 30 min +) 3 times a week.

I'm also thinking that my calorie intake may be too low for where I'm at now. I'm set at 1.5lbs a week loss, eating 1200 cals/day. This has taught me how to make everything that I eat COUNT towards my nutrition - which is important, but I think that I'm going to change my settings to losing 1lb a week. One of my November goals, therefore, is to not let the increase in calories lead to an increase in useless snacking!! Goal = unhealthy snack (popcorn, chips, crackers, candy...) shall be under 200 cals most days.

My scale goal (which I KNOW is less important than my other two goals) is to actually lose that 1lb a week loss for November (maintaining through Thanksgiving!!) Goal = lose 4lbs.
  • stuartme123
    Options
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 157 lbs & to run the first 2 weeks of my 10k running program (mileage13-14 and 15-16)
    Emmyworthy: To reach 199lbs & to swim 3 times a week.
    ksv123: to lose 3 pounds (yes, including Thanksgiving!!), and ramp up my workout routine that I have managed to ignore lately. The workout will include a minimum of 4 days a week of either elliptical or 30 Day Shred.
    meagalayne- To reach 130lbs, complete weeks 2 and 3 of the push-up challenge at my own pace, and run my 8k (Nov 13) under 50 mins :D
    LostAlyKat (Aly) - To lose 3lbs, follow my prescribed food plan, and workout 6 days a week!
    allislefttogain: Maintain (120-125 range); no scale until December 1st; 2 days a week with strength/body weight training; run 3-4x a week and run my 10K in 56 minutes or under (be happy with 59:01 or under though!)
    rai8759: loose 3 lbs by Thanksgiving, 5 lbs in total/workout 3x a week 60-90 minutes/5K in 30 min or less/be true to food diary even if i miss a day get right back into it the next day!!
    wardiemelissa-my goal is to lose my last 0.5 pounds (taking me to 125 pounds-my wedding weight from 7 years and 2 kids ago), to maintain my weight, continue with my exercise routine (running 3-4 days and strength on off days) and finish my first 10K under 75 minutes on Thanksgiving Day!!!
    spellbinder - Reach 146lbs, exercise 5 days a week, do strength training + crunches + squats 3 days a week, ensure that I don't put on any weight during thanksgiving week!!
    SkierElle- reach 180lbs/exercise every day/limit sweets and desserts (apart from Thanksgiving)
    ttaylortulsa: 8 lbs for month - C25K training 3 days/wk - 30 Day Shred (or equivalent) 2 days/week - YBB vid 1 day/week
    allie7383: to get into the 150's (6.5 lbs away!), workout 6 days a week, and increase my water intake.
    finncmh: Lose 1 pound a week- bringing me to 198 by end of the month. Full body lifting routine two days a week. Get to spinning class at least two times a week.
    miss_amy: lose a total of 25lbs, work out 5x a week & eat more fiber & protein. -5.6lbs to go!
    purpleprose: lose 5 pounds from 10/29 weight, run the whole 5K on Thanksgiving (no walking), and to eat organic, whole foods at least 60% of the time
    coatadaycarrie: finally get down to 145, and to work out at least 5x a week for at least half an hour each time.
    ottawagirl613: lose 5 pounds to get me halfway to my goal weight of 130 pounds by christmas! also to complete my 15 mins a day of toning exercises EVERY DAY :)! (and squeeze in a few 15-30 min walks a few times a week)
    stuartme123: lose 4 pounds, workout at the gym or attend yoga class lasting 30+ min, 3x a week, keep unhealthy snacking to under 200 calories/day - this includes YOU potato chips!!!
  • emmyworthy
    emmyworthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well I've been a bit bored around the house today because I don't start work till 3 so.... I just updated my measurements. Last time I did them was about 3.5 weeks ago so I didn't really know what to expect but I was really happy with the results=]
    I lost 2 inches from my waist, 2 inches from my hips, 2 inches from my bust, 0.5 inches from my upper arms, and 2 inches from my thighs=]=]=]
    And that was without doing many workouts at all last month!!! So I'm hoping that this month with all the swimming I'm planning to do the inches will just melt away!! I'm gonna add it to my goals that I want to lose at least 8 inches this month with 1 of those inches coming from my upper arms=]

Emmyworthy: To reach 199lbs, swim 3 times a week, lose 8 inches over all with 1 inch coming from my upper arms.
    stuartme123: lose 4 pounds, workout at the gym or attend yoga class lasting 30+ min, 3x a week, keep unhealthy snacking to under 200 calories/day - this includes YOU potato chips!!!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Emmy - AWESOME! That is such a great result! And here you thought you didn't have a great month! Psht! Wicked job, lady. :drinker:

Stuartme123 - Good to see you back :bigsmile: Great goals too. And don't forget about all the rock climbing you've been doing in October. That seems to be going well. Are you advancing in that as well? Hope that continues on through Nov since you seem to be enjoying it! Sweet goals. I have no doubt that you'll be seeing results in November if you up your cals a bit and start working out more. Good luck!!

-Meag
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I stayed home sick today. I feel somewhat guilty for staying home because I am not full blown feeling ultimately sick. I do feel crappy but I prolly could have gone to work. I have been feeling so worn out and crappy lately. Work has been making me feel very disgruntled and I have been needing a break. So I am taking this as more than just a sick day but a mental health day. I also splurged on my food plan. I ate oatmeal and a piece of toast, both are not on my plan. I am just feeling a little down today and I need some encouragement. Today is going to be a lounge day with lots of movies. I will check in frequently hehe. Hope everyone is having a good day.
    -Aly
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Emmy - Great job on losing all of those inches!! You have inspired me to finally take all of my measurements. The only one that I have ever used is the one on the scale. So I think I will take my measurements tomorrow and change my official weigh-in day. And I am sure those inches will melt away!!

Stuartme123 - your goals sound great!! Finding new and healthier snacks has been a challenge for me. But I am still completely enjoying finding new snacks and meals that are within my calorie range. My new goal is to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into my meal.

Aly - no need to feel guilty!! Sounds like taking today off was something that you desperately needed. When you go back tomorrow, you will more than likely feel rested, relieved, and have a clear head. Enjoy those movies!!
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I'm new =) I have been on MyFitnessPal for a little while, but recently I started P90X, and I really feel like this is the way for me to go. I got inspired to just frickin' order it once and for all during an infomercial where a mother of seven in her 40s or 50s looks better than me in my 20s! So, here are my goals for this month...

Emmyworthy: To reach 199lbs, swim 3 times a week, lose 8 inches over all with 1 inch coming from my upper arms.
    CraftyGirl4 - Do all the P90X workouts for this month (maybe taking off Thanksgiving Day). Not to step on the scale until Decemeber 1st, 2010.
  • stuartme123
    Options
    Stuartme123 - your goals sound great!! Finding new and healthier snacks has been a challenge for me. But I am still completely enjoying finding new snacks and meals that are within my calorie range. My new goal is to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into my meal.

It's a challenge for me too! What sort of healthier snacks have you found?? Usually I go for a yogurt (if I still feel like I want something after dinner) or baby carrots if I need something other than chips to munch on. I would LOVE to branch out, but I'm not that creative with my snacks...
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Meredith (right?) - I like to run the gammut with veggie snacks- Today I had just a bunch of green beans for my early snack. When I can find them snow peas are also super yum (snap peas if I gotta, but snow peas are the best!). Also Pepper slices (my coworkers laugh cuz I eat peppers like a normal person eats apples) of pretty much any color- green yellow orange red. Even Cherry or grape tomatos- Just think of things that usually go on those party veggie platters and you've got something tasty. Sabra makes individual hummus packets and I usually pair my veggie snack with those (about 1/2 one, I find I don't need the whole cup).

For your dinners and adding veggies- do you have an oven? Cuz 1 tsp of olive oil (40 cals if you do just a tsp) + any veggie/spice combo you like + 30 min at 350= yummy crispy warm sides.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    EVERYONE SEEMS VERY MOTIVATED THIS MONTH...AWESOME!!! THERE ARE SOME GREAT GOALS SET AND I SUSPECT WE WILL ALL BE SEEING SOME GREAT RESULTS! JUST WANTED TO WISH EVEYONE GOOD LUCK!!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Quick, selfish check-in for me.

Managed to do No More Trouble Zones last night without any problem. For those of you that don't know it, it's a circuit training DVD by Jillian Michaels and it has lots of squat and lunge variations. I expected it to be troublesome for the bad leg, but it really wasn't. I was super pleased. Then this morning, my arthritis starts acting up bad. I usually don't notice it but I have 4 different types in 4 different areas of my body and they have made me super creaky today. The worst of it is in my right hip and right knee (x2) - which is also the same side as my other ankle/knee problems. Batting 1000 today. Still determined to get in a run later. I've been icing and heating all day. Today's just one of those days:indifferent:
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    Emmy- GREAT job on losing all of those inches! I usually keep track every month but I lost my sheet that I was recording on between last month and this month so I am bummed I don't know how many I lost in October. But! I recorded my inches as they were November 1st so I'm hoping to see a great loss between now and December! Keep it up girl!

On a side note, I am feeling so much better eating well the past two days after a bad weekend. It's still amazing to me how food choices alone make one feel great or horrible. I also had a GREAT workout yesterday to make up for not working out for 4 days. Tonight I'm going to keep up that pace! I'm back on the right track. I REALLY hope I see some good results this month. I'd be ecstatic to reach a 25lb loss by my birthday (dec. 4th)- i'm determined it will happen!

Hope everyone is doing great! Keep up the great work!
  • Evie517
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just came across this site and it looks awesome! Kinda burnt out on Sparkspeople. Need something new to get excited about. I was actually down to within 5 pounds of my goal weight as recently as July. Then life did what it tends to do and I turned to food as an emotional comfort - again. Ballooned up to 175 from 140 in just 2 months...not the coolest thing I've ever done, I must admit. This is the heaviest I've ever been and it does not feel good. BUT! I am here now, having recommitted to Weight Watchers and I'm in the mindset to go all the way, full steam ahead. What better day to start than November 1st? I would like to lose 10 pounds a month. I know that's ambitious but I feel it can be done. I realize that it will be harder and harder to lose at a rapid rate once the scale goes down, but I feel like I can do it!! :happy:

I would really like a buddy, or a group of girls that have similar goals as myself. We can motivate and keep each other accountable. Anyone who's interested, send a message (assuming you can do that on this site, right? :P)

My name is Eve. I live in Chicago and work as a bartender. I am 5'9" and weigh 175lbs. My goal is to get down to 130 - or just whenever I feel comfortable. Online tools and books tell me that that is my ideal healthy weight, but it seems a bit low. I was pretty happy at 140 - 145. JUMP ON BOARD IF YOU ARE INTERESTED AND LET'S DO THIS LADIES AND GENTS!!
  • meggonkgonk
    Options
    Hey Eve-

We're always glad to have new comers- this is our second month as kind of a loose group and many of us have friended one another and participate in other challenges together. We all are in a variety of weight areas and goals but many of us are in the same general range as you.

We do our "challenges" (for this thread) by month and everyone lists a goal- we encourage that you set a weight goal and a goal not related to the scale - NSG or NSV as we call them. Then each person checks in once a week for their "official" report in (many of us post all the time just to chat and have fun between check ins). So feel free to add your name and a goal(s) you would like to achieve by Dec 1- Just copy the list I've quoted below and add your name/goal at the bottom of the list.

Welcome to the group and Good luck!
    CraftyGirl4 - Do all the P90X workouts for this month (maybe taking off Thanksgiving Day). Not to step on the scale until Decemeber 1st, 2010.
  • meggonkgonk
    Options
    Also on this topic:
    Online tools and books tell me that that is my ideal healthy weight, but it seems a bit low. I was pretty happy at 140 - 145. JUMP ON BOARD IF YOU ARE INTERESTED AND LET'S DO THIS LADIES AND GENTS!!

The MFP BMI indicator puts your 'healthy' weight range between 125.3 and 169.3, so if you feel comfy at 140-145, I say stick to that. Maybe when you get there, take a real doctor's body fat percentage test, to get a better idea!
  • VBos
    VBos Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    vbos~ lose 8lbs, 8 cups of H2O a day, run/elliptical 4x/week, strength train 3x/week, 5k Turkey Trot in 30mins, oh and drink alcohol only once a week!!
    [/quote]
  • VBos
    VBos Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    so i'll step on the scale in the morning for the offical weigh in, we'll see how much i need to lose to get to 140 by the 1st! good luck everyone!!
    "to get something you never had, you have to do something you never did"
    and my favorite
    "fake it till you make it"