Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties! - November Challenge

Options

Replies

• meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Sorry more I forgot...

Meredith - That ladder looks sooo bad *kitten* and absolutely terrifying! Great job conquering it :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile:

Tara - Stay strong and keep doing what you're doing. It's obviously working! You'll lose the weight gain next week, no doubt. TOM's a b*tch...

Cruan - Sounds like lots of fun! I hope you enjoy the game. Let us know once you try it how it is, the level of difficultly, and the actual intensity of the workout.

Roo - I can do some pretty sweet damage on my own lol Between you, Aly and myself I am thinking we could put them out of business :wink: The jeans are really the highlight for me. They are honestly the only place that sells jeans that fit my legs! And at the outlet I can usually get a decent pair for around $30USD, which is insanely cheap. Up here the same pair would be $79.95CA... :grumble: This is why shopping trips to the States are SO exciting for us Canucks! haha

Seripha - I really hope you are right and that things will change over time. Seems to be getting worse the closer I get to maintenance -- I am becoming more and more health conscious and everyone around me is expecting me to stop caring so much because I am "thin" now. It's more like we're diverging than anything. It's very possible that a new brand of friends is in order... Some that try to live and eat healthy every day and can appreciate a good workout with friends! Ill be joining a gym in Dec and likely spending 5-6 days a week there so maybe I can meet some local workout buddies ... We'll see!

Thanks for all the comments guys. Really makes my day so much better! :happy:
    Now if only I could stop wanting to eat absolutely everything I see... My TOM is over, I shouldn't be craving THIS much food all at once... It's a damn good thing I burned 600 calories today.

-Meag :heart:
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I will get it tomorrow too!!!! yeah!! so excited i've wanted to try zumba for a long time!
    It comes out tomorrow!!! I'm done with class at 3:15 and by 4 I will have it in my hands!! :bigsmile
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Cait- lets get this exercise thing under control!!! i think i will send you a minichallenge (when i think of how to do it) and see if you are game?!!?!

Meag-thanks girly :) I know I can do it! i will not give up!
  • SkipToMyLou32
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm new and I would love to join your group! I was searching on here for something like this so I'm super excited I found you. I'm 27 living in St. Louis. My goal is to weigh 124 by the end of November and 120 by the end of December. (I'm 127 today.) I do strength training 3 days a week and run 3 days a week, so my exercising is good it's just my stupid diet that is awful. I have got to kick by sugar addiction. It's such a shame to eat as much sweets as I do after working out so hard! I would love to try to go to Christmas with no sweets (except Thanksgiving day!). Also another goal is to keep running in this cold winter and do the St. Louis half marathon in April! It will be my first.

I think I found the latest posting of goals and have added mine to the end. Hope I did this right!

Kattungen: To lose 5 lbs :) Starting at 188.5 - want 183.5 by December 1st!
    kvr413: lose 10 lbs, thanksgiving included, which will put me at 169!
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 157 lbs & to run the first 2 weeks of my 10k running program (mileage13-14 and 15-16)
    Emmyworthy: To reach 199lbs, swim 3 times a week, lose 8 inches over all with 1 inch coming from my upper arms.- OMG down 7lbs in the first week of November! What the hell!!!hahaha! Only 3lbs to go before I'm 199lbs=]
    ksv123: to lose 3 pounds (yes, including Thanksgiving!!), and ramp up my workout routine that I have managed to ignore lately. The workout will include a minimum of 4 days a week of either elliptical or 30 Day Shred.
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - To lose 5 pounds and work out at least 2 times per week.
    meagalayne- To reach 130lbs, complete weeks 2 and 3 of the push-up challenge at my own pace, and run my 8k (Nov 13) under 50 mins :D -- MET! Chip time: 49:47.4
    LostAlyKat (Aly) - To lose 6lbs from 172.6, follow my prescribed food plan, and workout 6 days a week!
    Tjradd73-to lose 9.6lbs, and to continue on with the push-up challenge :)
    allislefttogain: Maintain (120-125 range); no scale until December 1st; 2 days a week with strength/body weight training; run 3-4x a week and run my 10K in 56 minutes or under (be happy with 59:01 or under though!)
    rai8759: loose 3 lbs by Thanksgiving, 5 lbs in total/workout 3x a week 60-90 minutes/5K in 30 min or less/be true to food diary even if i miss a day get right back into it the next day!!
    tai_88: to lose 5 lbs, stopping eating candy for the month and continue working out at least 4 times a week.
    wardiemelissa-my goal is to lose my last 0.5 pounds (taking me to 125 pounds-my wedding weight from 7 years and 2 kids ago), to maintain my weight, continue with my exercise routine (running 3-4 days and strength on off days) and finish my first 10K under 75 minutes on Thanksgiving Day!!!
    spellbinder - Reach 146lbs, exercise 5 days a week, do strength training + crunches + squats 3 days a week, ensure that I don't put on any weight during thanksgiving week!!
    SkierElle- reach 180lbs/exercise every day/limit sweets and desserts (apart from Thanksgiving)
    ttaylortulsa: 8 lbs for month - C25K training 3 days/wk - 30 Day Shred (or equivalent) 2 days/week - YBB vid 1 day/week
    allie7383: to get into the 150's (6.5 lbs away!), workout 6 days a week, and increase my water intake.
    inskydiamonds: (November 1-14): eat vegetables with dinner every night / lose about 5 pounds (November 15-28): make low(er) cal Thanksgiving dishes. Lose at least 4 pounds.
    mcanals123: To drop down to 165 and break my plateau :-)
    finncmh: Lose 1 pound a week- bringing me to 198 by end of the month. Full body lifting routine two days a week. Get to spinning class at least two times a week.
    miss_amy: lose a total of 25lbs, work out 5x a week & eat more fiber & protein. -1.6lbs to go!
    purpleprose: lose 5 pounds from 10/29 weight, run the whole 5K on Thanksgiving (no walking), and to eat organic, whole foods at least 60% of the time
    oreganoqueen: brave the gym at least once a week & eat more protein
    coatadaycarrie: finally get down to 145, and to work out at least 5x a week for at least half an hour each time.
    lauratx22-lose 8 pds! starting weight 190..now 188.5!
    ottawagirl613: lose 5 pounds to get me halfway to my goal weight of 130 pounds by christmas! also to complete my 15 mins a day of toning exercises EVERY DAY :)! (and squeeze in a few 15-30 min walks a few times a week)
    stuartme123: lose 4 pounds, workout at the gym or attend yoga class lasting 30+ min, 3x a week, keep unhealthy snacking to under 200 calories/day - this includes YOU potato chips!!!
    CraftyGirl4 - Do all the P90X workouts for this month (maybe taking off Thanksgiving Day). Not to step on the scale until Decemeber 1st, 2010.
    vbos~ lose 8lbs, 8 cups of H2O a day, run/elliptical 4x/week, strength train 3x/week, 5k Turkey Trot in 30mins, oh and drink alcohol only once a week!!
    cruan - Stick to my 2 shakes a day, really watch my calories so I don't go over, lose 5-7 pounds, somehow fit some exercise into the craziness that is my life!
    lolahippie-to lose 5lbs!
    Roobean33- to lose 4 pounds and tone up - and bring my hubby along for the ride! :)
    emmarie1630- lose 5 pounds, 3x a week workout, more veggies
    AshleyVeronica - lose 4lbs, DRINK less calories, monitor what I eat everyday...no holding back, stop eating after 9pm unless it's a weekend
    trebhun - lose 4lbs, and work out more, start exercising again after knee scope surgery (last Thurs 11/4)
    francesstewart1 - lose 3lbs (and join the Dec challenge!)
    seripha - To have an entire week where I eat well and within my calories bounds + exercise for at least 30 minutes 5 x a week.
    SkiptomyLou32: Get to 124 by end of November and then 120 by end of December. Make it to Christmas with no sweets (except Thanksgiving). Keep running through the winter and train for the half marathon in St. Louis in April.
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm new and I would love to join your group! I was searching on here for something like this so I'm super excited I found you. I'm 27 living in St. Louis. My goal is to weigh 124 by the end of November and 120 by the end of December. (I'm 127 today.) I do strength training 3 days a week and run 3 days a week, so my exercising is good it's just my stupid diet that is awful. I have got to kick by sugar addiction. It's such a shame to eat as much sweets as I do after working out so hard! I would love to try to go to Christmas with no sweets (except Thanksgiving day!). Also another goal is to keep running in this cold winter and do the St. Louis half marathon in April! It will be my first.
    Sounds like you are in the right place! hehe This group is an incredible support system, very active and there are quite a few beginner/intermediate runners on here (and one tri-athlete!) -- I think you will find that you easily fit in. We try to all work together to motivate and inspire one another. This group really keeps me going on days when I am feeling bummed out :happy: It also helps to keep me motivated to run faster and harder, push my body to lift, squat and lunge more, finish what I start and just generally live healthier and happier.

A few of us girls are going to be training for a Half starting in January. What training program have you been using for your runs, if any? What does your 3-run/week schedule consist of? I am always interested to hear about the fitness regimes of other runners. I'd love to know what you do for strength training as well :smile: I'm SO nose-y! haha

I am really looking forward to your continued involvement in the group. It's always nice to have another lady jump on board! And I don't think we have anyone from MO in our group yet... ? Could be wrong! hehe
  • SkipToMyLou32
    Options
    Well right now I try to run 5 miles twice a week and do a longer run on Saturday (7.2 was my best), although I haven't quite been hitting those goals lately due to feeling a little burned out/it's getting cold! I haven't done a 7 miler in about a month. I've still been running the 3 days, just not as far. I am hoping training for the half will add some much needed inspiration back into my runs. I'm going to train with a group for the half and the training starts in January. Their training is 4 runs a week, and the long run is the group run.

My strength training is cycling through a bunch of workouts that I have written out from when I had a trainer. They are for the most part full body circuit workouts that last about 20-30 minutes. That works for me because they are challenging and quick!
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Welcome, SkipToMyLou!! This group is great for support, motivation, and even if you just need someone to listen to you rant. Glad you're joining us :happy: Way to jump right in with your goals!

Cruan, the zumba video game sounds awesome - let us know how it goes! I have a few friends at school who are really into taking the zumba classes at our gym. I've never been able to fit them in my schedule :(
  • Roobean33
    Options
    Morning Kick *kitten* Crew -

SkipToMyLou - Hi and Welcome!!! You found a great group, and we have several impressive runners that are probably jumping up and down that we have another one. :wink:

StuartMe- I was showing my husband your rock climbing picture. So EPIC. What an awesome way to work out!

Meag - I need to just get your type of attitude about the whole last couple pounds. I get to 130 and I'm like, only 5lbs away, I can eat this brownie. But I can't. Even if it in my calories for the day, honestly my body goes, oh that's not healthy and give me a +2 on the scale. WHAT? BUT IT WAS IN MY CALORIES. My body likes to stay at 134. Which is btw, at the very end of normal bordering overweight according to my BMI. I think I really need to buckle down and focus and forget that I know about chocolate and pastries. My body seems to like this weight but I know I can push it to be healthier than it's been before. Sorry for the rant, but I just know you are great at keeping the long-term in mind and I envy that sometimes.

TJRadd- Don't worry and don't lose hope! You are doing awesome and are such a positive voice in this group!! :-)

Stats: I'm 24 and live in York, Pennsylvania.
  • SkipToMyLou32
    Options
    Roobean I do the same thing. I get close to my goal and start eating bad again. Sugar is so addictive--I really want to go a month with no sweets and see if I can lose my desire for them.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Morning buds! I was having such a down day yesterday, and I think with the help of you guys and my awesome Triathlon Team I beat the funk! I was feeling great this morning. We had an awesome workout last night at the track. We trained for 2 hours. I will give you runners the rundown hehe. 10 minute warm up(about a mile run) very low conversational pace. Then we did some stretching. Then we did the 2 mile timed run. I believe I came in at 23 minutes and some change which was nice since I was pretty tired from the half Marathon on Sunday, but it felt good to push. We then did a 2 lap cool down, a half mile. Followed with core training, this was killer, we did planks, crunches, push-ups, leg kicks. Wow it was great. My boyfriend picked me up and we went to grab some dinner, I was worried since I had the piece of cake yesterday, and then we were going to a restaurant. But I was good and got a salmon salad and had a beer. I am realizing that I can't deprive myself too much or I feel sad and depressed. I can still go out to eat and just make smart choices. Thanks to all you guys I have a good place to vent and talk about successes, since a lot of my friends/family is getting sick of it after almost 2 years hehe.

Stats- Aly from Alameda, CA (about 20 minutes east of SF) 25 years old.

Roo- good job with the long term goal. And your dedication is admirable even if you have a brownie. Lets focus on non scale victories!

Skip- Welcome to the group! This is a great group of peeps that help along this long road of weight loss and healthy living.

INSKY- You live in Sactown??? We are so close! We should try to do a race together sometime in the middle, but I think you said you don't run hehe. In any case let me know if your in the SF area.

Meag- you are so dedicated to healthy living you are a true inspiration, I have always wondered how did you become a bouncer? You are such a bada$$ in so many ways! I think the next month should be called BadA$$ Chicks in their 20's haha

To the zumba fans! That is awesome, let me know how the video game version is, I really miss going to the class but since I changed gyms it doesn't fit in my schedule right now.

QOTD- What is one piece of clothing or accessory you can not get enough of?

For me it is Boots, I have 5 pair and I can think of at least 3 more that I am dreaming of. I am also a fashion junkie, I love clothes and looking fashionable, so much easier since I am a medium and size 10 in most clothes now.
  • emmyworthy
    emmyworthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Woooow!! This is a lot to catch up with so I'm super sorry if I miss anyone out!!!

Melissa- Congrats on getting to 124lbs you skinny minx=] 120lbs sounds like a good weight to maintain at for you.

Aly- Have a hair cut!!- That always helps me shed a few lbs and makes me feel good about myself=] But seriously, stop worrying so much about the scales!! Focus on your NSV more and you will soon find that not thinking about it makes it drop off!!!

Bethany- I would die for a jacuzzi right now!!! I wish my pool had a sauna and steam room and a jacuzzi!!! That would just be the perfect relaxation after a swim!!

Seripha- I do agree with the fact that we are too reward based and that exercise and living healthily should be reward in itself!! But how do you stick to that mentality!!! I have a birthday party on saturday night and we are dressing up as granny's and granpa's (don't ask!!!hahah!!) and I just know I will fall into the same mentality of "I was soooo good all week so a few drinks won't hurt" and then those few gin and tonics turn into a few dozen cocktails and a big mac on the way home!!! Keep me strong everyone, PLEASSE=]

Roo- I managed about 3/4's of my 2 litre bottle yesterday and today I've had about a litre so far!! All this water is great but I can't stop running to the toilet!!!hahaha! how are you getting on???

Stuartme123- I love your picture!!! Wish I had enough upper body strength to rock climb!!

Tara- You will definitely rock it next week. a 0.4 gain is nothing considering your TOM is coming up!! So don't sweat it, just keep powering through=] You've made it this far=]

Skiptomylou- Welcome=] We are a great bunch to get in with on here, if I do say so myself!! And if your a runner, you are definitely with good company ( not me!!!haha!!). Meag, Gonks, Jill, and loads of these girls are pounding the pavements daily=]

As for me- Had lectures today so got the bus into uni and then after a two hour lecture ( sore on the bum=[ ) I went over to the pool=] And I had a great swim!!! Managed to keep going for an hour with only a few stops and so far all I had managed was 50mins!! I know you said to fit in some stretching days Gonks, but I feel that my swimming days are the perfect recovery from 30 day shred. It's less intense and it works my muscles, but not too hard=] I can feel it that this week is gonna be heaps better than last week, and I'm only half way through=]

Keep pushing yourselves lovelies=]

Hope you're having a terrific Thursday=]

:heart: Emmy
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Another rant, I'll try to keep this one slightly less thesis-sized.

Roo... I'm not too sure about how positive my attitude is wrt to food. Right now I feel completely obsessed and overwhelmed. I feel totally out of control.

This upcoming week is really bad for me, and coupled with bad eating while I was away in Ottawa I feel like I am really letting myself down this month. I am not going to meet my goals and life-stuff is majorly conflicting with my healthy eating. I also have so little time in the next few days that I probably won't sleep more than 4 or 5 hours a night (as is typical on the wknds)...

Tonight I am supposed to be driving out 45 mins to an amazing fresh asian market to pick up stuff for Korean meals that I make. This is a positive, however my family wants to turn it into a going out for dinner and spending the whole evening out type of thing which I really do not wish to do. However, once again, turning down their invitation out for dinner makes me look like the bad guy. This in turn makes me feel guilty and miserable. But eating out would equally make me feel sh*tty. Lose lose :frown: . Then I have to come home and rush to get ready for work (leave at 9pm to commute), and since I was up at 8am today it will be a long cold night and will probably result in eating over my calories (since I snack after my 5 hour shift)... Home by 4am, in bed by 5. Up tomorrow to hopefully workout and feel a little better. Tomorrow night my boy is spending the evening/night here. We usually make dinner and eat with the family so hopefully we can make something super healthy. That will be the highlight :bigsmile:

Sat morning I wanted to get a long run in, I'll be up early for sure, but the boy will be here and so I probably wont have time. I love it when he stays here but I really don't like deviating from my meal plans and sometimes I feel pressured to eat more extravagantly... Esp if my parents (who don't *get it*:explode: ) suggest we do so and won't take no for an answer. I may suggest he brings his running gear and we go for a run in the morning instead. Sat night is work again, which is always hard for eating. I end up snacking so much when I am up for 21 or 22 hours.

Sunday is the worst of it. It's my boy's 27th birthday this week and his family is driving up to take us out for dinner. It's not like I can avoid that -- social obligation and, of course, a desire to impress his family :tongue: Unfortunately there is zero chance we'll be going anywhere I would normally choose to eat and I won't have any idea what the calories are in my meal. Additionally, apparently they are big on birthday cake :ohwell: I don't like cake at all but I feel like there will be pressure to have some -- I am still getting to know his family and don't want to appear rude. That should be fun. It's also supposed to rain all day, so while I have my long-run planned for Sun (since Sat is out) I may end up being rained on the entire time. We'll see how that goes :grumble:

Monday night I have planned our own smaller celebration for his birthday and we are driving into the big city. Since I was planning to pick him up for work to get to Toronto before everything closes, once again we'll have to eat out. I am trying to think of an alternative. In the past I would usually pack a meal, bring a blanket, and find a park to sit in and picnic but the weather is *kitten* now and so I am at a loss. Any suggestions? Hopefully we can walk the city for a few hours and burn calories that way...

Anyway this is just a whole lot of b*tching. I am really sorry. Having written it out now it seems all very inconsequential but in my head it's extremely overwhelming... To top it off we have dinner at his parents next Friday as well, another instance where I won't be able to expect any real healthy options (loads of processed, tasteless food...). FUN! I really hope I can get out of this funk. I HATE being cranky and stressed out.

Running until I can't run anymore today. I need it. Thanks for listening everyone. Apparently I need more support and motivation than most some days.... :heart:
    Meag
  • emmyworthy
    Options
    Aly- I was writing while you posted..... but here's to you feeling great not just today but for the rest of the week=]

and yesterdays QOTD- I want to travel everywhere!!! I wanna backpack across Europe, I want to hire a car and drive across America, I wanna visit Canada, I wanna see all of south east Asia (including the Orang-utans in Borneo), I wanna see all of South America, and I want to visit the less dangerous countries in Africa. I don't want much do I!!!hahaha!!

QOTD today- I love this question!!! I am a total fashion junkie too!!! I work on the Lingerie section in a department store so I cannot resist matching bra's and knickers!! And I never wear jeans if I can help it!! I'm a skirts or dresses kinda girl even in the winter. I just chuck on some thick tights and boots and I'm sorted!! And although I am rubbish at walking in heels, I can never resist a gorgeous pair, so I have to avoid shoe stores completely or my rent would be gone!!

• emmyworthy
    Options
    Meag!!! You sound totally stressed out bless you!!! I know it sounds horrible now because you're looking forwards at it with all sorts of expectations but this weekend might work out better than you hope!! If you put a positive light on the situation then maybe it won't live up to your bad expectations. I know that's not really helpful, or logical advice, but I know when I'm in the situation when I'm going to have to eat out with friends or family I try to look at it as only one night (or in your case one weekend) out of my whole new life. You don't have to change who you are to impress his family either. Just choice the most sensible option available, and when you are offered cake decline saying you are stuffed in a light- hearted way and I'm sure they will love you despite you turning down their cake!!! Could you offer to make the cake? It would save his parents form buying one and that would mean you can make it as healthy as you like and it would impress the hell outta them=]

Good Luck I'm sure you'll be fine=]

• meagalayne
    Options
    While I was writing, so many posts came in! haha

Em - Grats on your laps, girl! You are such a swimming all star! I think I need you to come over here and coach me for a while... :wink: Wish I could afford that! I'd love an MFP Nov Challenge exchange program! hahah

Aly - Thanks for that - You really made me feel so much better after my super cranky rant! :happy: I became a bouncer because I used to be a Customs and Immigrations Officer, actually. A close friend (and cousin) works at the nightclub as a bouncer and is also a power-lifter. He's been a great source of motivation during the last year, and he mentioned that they needed a female bouncer to deal with out of control women. I tend to get a lot of comments at work about how "tiny" I am and how I must "Just get paid to look pretty", but wtv. I don't let it get to me! And the drunk, sexy men tend to leave me tips :wink: It's not a bad gig when you're the only woman on the team!

QOTD - Jeans jeans jeans... I wear them nearly every day and I LOVE them. Even when I was at my heaviest they always made my *kitten* look great :laugh: Solid white camis is my second absolute essential. I am definitely not a girlie girl and don't wear any accessories, purses, make-up or shoes other than my Converse All-Star high-tops... So there's a fun fact about :P haha I can be the resident casual hipster LOL!

Wow I already feel 10 times better! This group is sooo awesome :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: Thanks everyone!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Em - I am going to talk to him tonight about the cake and dinner situation. Apparently nothing has been decided wrt dinner on Sunday yet. I still have no idea where we are going to what we're doing, so I can't really plan yet. Making the cake is a great idea. Perhaps I can suggest that he and I make one together Sunday afternoon... Wouldn't THAT be adorable! hahaha Thanks girl XOXO
  • emmyworthy
    Options
    That would indeed be adorable!!! Get matching his and hers aprons too!!! hahaa!! And I totally agree that a MFP exchange program would be amazing!!! I've always wanted to visit Toronto!!! Although I'm sure you've never wanted to visit Rainy Wales!!!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Lol! Matching aprons would be awesome. He'd love, I'm sure... hahahah

Rainy Wales is somewhere DIFFERENT! That's all that matters :) Maybe Aly's QOTD wrt travel has me wishing a bit too hard about getting away for a while... I am sure once the snow hits I'll be dying for a vacation down south!
  • spellbinder25
    spellbinder25 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    saw some others in this thread post their age & location too....is there a reason why everyone's doing that?

age and location was a request...just for fun :)

I actually asked people because its interesting for me to see where people are.... well mainly why people post at certain times. I still don't understand why Meag is able to post between 8-11am (EST my time) when she apparently doesn't go to sleep until 3-4.

You don't have to answer if you don't want to. Just fun to see how easy it is to become friends with people who at sometimes 1000s of miles away.

:)

spellbinder (Neha) - 27 yrs - Hartford, CT

Sorry ladies, again I have no time..will probably be able to reply only after thanksgiving weekend. But I keep reading your posts on & off. Take care!!
  • seripha
    Options
    Seripha- I do agree with the fact that we are too reward based and that exercise and living healthily should be reward in itself!! But how do you stick to that mentality!!! I have a birthday party on saturday night and we are dressing up as granny's and granpa's (don't ask!!!hahah!!) and I just know I will fall into the same mentality of "I was soooo good all week so a few drinks won't hurt" and then those few gin and tonics turn into a few dozen cocktails and a big mac on the way home!!! Keep me strong everyone, PLEASSE=]

I think the big thing is to reward yourself with things other than food, if you want to congratulate yourself on being good. Like pretty clothes or shoes! Or a manicure or a massage. Something that you won't go to and feel like you want to binge on delicious things.

Parties are hard - especially when everyone else is enjoying themselves. You just have to be ok with moderation. Have one drink (I like caesars without the salt) and then drink bubbly water with a lemon in it the rest of the night. You can always pass that off as a cocktail if you have to - no one will know! And if you end up not doing so awesome and having that greasy food which is so good at the end of the night partying, just try to pick smaller things so you don't feel so bad in the morning. You can still go out without going "all out".