Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties! - November Challenge

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• SkipToMyLou32
    Options
    Thanks for the advice rai and gonk. I probably shouldn't indulge in alcohol till I reach my goal which will be just as hard as resisting chocolate! Not that I drink a ton, but it's hard not to have a few if it's a night out with friends and everyone else is drinking socially. Anyway...

I also agree with you guys on paying for races. Unless it's a cause I support or a fun Halloween run where people dress up then I don't do them. I bet most people who do races on a regular basis are "professional runners" who get sponsorships from running stores or places like that or are actually trying to compete for the prize.

Maeg, sounds like your weekend is going great. Good job!
  • wardiemelissa
    wardiemelissa Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Nice day spent with my oldest today. Bought a new running jacket at Target for $15. It is going to be a great layering jacket! Got a 3 mile run in today too and took her bowling for the first time...that was a RIOT!!!

I must admit that I do love to run races...in fact I think I might have an addiction! I do try to pick the races where the money goes to a cause but I figure that my hubby spends money on hunting and fishing and he says that's his "passion" so it is only fair that I get to feed my "passion" too, right????

Rai...here is the recipe for the pumpkin cookies...(sorry for taking up so much space-but if you like cookies and pumpkin this is a winner!!!)

Pumpkin Cookies

1 c canned pumpkin
    1/2 c plain yogurt (I used dannon light and fit vanilla)
    1 egg (I substituted with egg beaters)
    3 tbsp honey
    1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    1 2/3 c all purpose flour
    1 1/4 c splenda
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp baking powder
    2 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp ginger
    1/2 tsp nutmeg
    1/4 tsp salt

preheat oven to 350 degress. Combine first 5 ingredients in large mixing bowl. Stir until blended. In another bowl combine all remaining ingredients. Slowly add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture stirring until blended. Cover cookie sheet with foil and spray foil. Drop small spoonfuls onto sheet and bake 10-15 minutes. ENJOY!!!!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I must admit that I do love to run races...in fact I think I might have an addiction! I do try to pick the races where the money goes to a cause but I figure that my hubby spends money on hunting and fishing and he says that's his "passion" so it is only fair that I get to feed my "passion" too, right????
    OK i have to leave for work in like 10 mins, but I just wanted to say: DITTO! I love running races. Gives me something to work towards and really train for, so it doesn't feel like I am training aimlessly. It's also a great source of NSGs and Vs. I find that I really push myself in races to run harder and faster than I ever thought myself capable of. I feel so accomplished once I finish one, especially when I ran my first 10k since I had never run that distance before in my life. Really loving it and looking forward to LOTS of races in 2011. I figure I have to treat myself somehow, and races are the way that I do it!

K Late for work so I'll catch up with y'all later :bigsmile: Goodnight!
    Meag:heart:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Alright... Where has everyone gone? haha I've been at work all night but there are no new posts to catch up on... Very strange!

Anyway here's my catching up from before...

Rai - I agree. Generally low-fat baked goods don't cut it. I've never found anything that tastes half as good so I just treat myself to something full-fat every once in a blue moon instead. No sense having half-decent, artificial tasting baked goods in the house to nosh on if they aren't worth it! Because even though I KNOW they aren't worth it, I find it hard to avoid eating them mindlessly when they are just sitting there staring at me all day long...No worries about the birthday mix-up! I'm sure my ranting wasn't overly clear...

My family totally does want to eat out all the time... I do most of the cooking here because my parents work exceptionally demanding jobs. So if I'm not cooking, usually the suggestion is that we eat out. Not very practical but it really puts me in an awkward position but I just don't have the time and energy to cook something elaborate and healthy every night. I am personally happy to just make myself an easy, healthy meal that doesn't require a lot of effort but they aren't usually on board for that so there is a lot of compromising... Kind of sh*tty :ohwell: I usually turn down their invites to eat out and just stay home and eat whatever I want, but sometimes that seems rude and judgmental to them, so it's a struggle for sure.

Great job on the weight-loss girl! Don't dismiss it because of possible muscle-mass loss... That's bogus. All this "gaining muscle" business is just nonsense, IMO. Yes you gain muscle but over the course of a year, training quite hard, a woman is likely to max out at gaining about 10lbs total in muscle (with the right build and genetics). If you are eating right and strength training, you should be losing weight - the net loss of fat, offset by slight muscle gain, will still be significant. It's just a line that's used to placate people that are plateauing or not losing for other reasons. If you lost, then you lost -- consider it a WIN :drinker:

Melissa + Gonks - After further consideration I think I am going to go ahead with the Higdon training program... It's what I am used to and so much easier to follow than the other programs listed. The one that Melissa downloaded isn't compatible with my running App and the music really grates my nerves (I like to run in silence, tbh). I also don't wear a watch while I run so its hard to do timed intervals. Either way, if you all want to do a different program we can always continue to support one another and keep each other motivated and ON TRACK! :happy:

Emmarie - Welcome back!! :flowerforyou: Start fresh this week and get back on track :happy: You'll be seeing results in no time. Let us know if you need some motivation!

Skiptomylou - I weigh-in on Mondays, for starters. I also do not drink. Gave up drinking when I starting this journey and it's been a really positive force in my life. I know it's not for everyone but it has really helped me make other positive changes in my life and I truly don't miss it one bit. Giving up alcohol at 22 really changes your social life and I knew that going into it... A ton of social pressure and all that jazz. I ended up changing my circle of friends pretty dramatically but all for the better. Much, much happier now. The hard truth -- you just need to make yourself accountable and not let yourself make excuses for unhealthy eating just because it's the weekend; this is a lifestyle change, and that's more than 5 days a week. If you want to make the change for yourself, you need to re-order your priorities and make the change full time. It can be very hard, especially with social commitments and friends/family that are not in the same "place" as you. I totally recognize that, hence all my ranting earlier this week. But if it's important to you, stick to your guns. You can do this :happy:

Melissa - Those cookies sound tasty :smile: Love pumpkin! You should add them to the pumpkin cooking challenge: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/136204-cooking-challenge-pumpkin

AFM:
    My boy FINALLY picked a restaurant that he thought might please everyone... Trying to find an online menu as we speak. He's also decided to order an ICE CREAM CAKE... Holy hell. Thankfully I was able to look up the nutritional info and he's getting the least unhealthy one available, which is nice. One slice = 310 calories, 12g of fat... Not great but I can work it in. My weigh-in Monday morning should be interesting...

Work tonight was great. Loads of drunks. Got the following awesome drunken compliment: "You're the prettiest bouncer I have ever seen... You know, if you straightened your hair, you'd be, like, a 9 1/2 out of 10." -- Thanks! :laugh: Ya, I'll be giving you my number. :noway: Bahahah! Idiots... Easy night though. Early-ish morning tomorrow (9am wake-up), good healthy breakfast, 10ks conquered (hopefully), protein shake, and then driving out to have dinner with the boy and his family. Apparently I am meeting his "Nana" for the first time ever :noway: That's news to me! Should be interesting. Trying not to stress and hoping things go well. Should be alright. My run in the morning should help me clear my head and de-stress.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Can't wait to hear how everyone's doing. And now... Bedtime for me :yawn:
    Meag :heart:
  • wardiemelissa
    Options
    Melissa - Those cookies sound tasty Love pumpkin! You should add them to the pumpkin cooking challenge: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/136204-cooking-challenge-pumpkin

Meag-I actually found that thread right before I checked this one this morning and bumped it for later...didn't know if I should do that one or one of my many others....I think I rate a close second (right behind you) for a love of pumpkin! I do agree with you on the whole lower fat baked goods don't taste as good, but with 2 little ones I am finding that they would much rather have the "healthified" versions instead of the "sweeter" more fattening counter-parts. They tell me it is too sweet-didn't know that was possible for a 5 yr old and 2 1/2 yr old :laugh:

Also...looking at my Christmas list and #1 on my list is a Garmin...any one have one or any suggestions? Right now I have looked at the Forerunner 305 (on sale through Amazon.com for $130-reg. price $300). Price is right, has EVERYTHING I am looking for but it looks HUGE!!! The other one I was looking at is the Forerunner 110-size wise this is perfect! It also has the distance/pace and calories burned which is what I want but is $250....HELP!!!!

Getting ready to go for a nice long (leisurely) walk with my 5yr old to collect pinecones and leaves!
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    Semi selfish post. Just feeling kind of blah today... its really frustrating when you feel like you are doing so well and have made a lot of progress and then you see a picture of yourself someone just took... and its just UGHH I have so far to go still.

Trying not to get discouraged. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Loving all your posts ladies... keep up the GREAT work :)
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Melissa - I saw a Garmin at Costco last night for $149.99 !! Not exactly sure the model number but I was seriously coveting it... May be a birthday request :blushing: We'll have to see!

Out for my 10k. Slept in like crazy today and am running REALLY late (pun intended). Hope I can make the boys birthday on time! Have a great Sunday everyone :flowerforyou:
    -Meag:heart:
  • wardiemelissa
    Options
    Melissa + Gonks - After further consideration I think I am going to go ahead with the Higdon training program... It's what I am used to and so much easier to follow than the other programs listed. The one that Melissa downloaded isn't compatible with my running App and the music really grates my nerves (I like to run in silence, tbh). I also don't wear a watch while I run so its hard to do timed intervals. Either way, if you all want to do a different program we can always continue to support one another and keep each other motivated and ON TRACK!

Meag that is the only thing that does bug me is the annoying music!!! I'll have to look into the Higdon one a little more...I did follow some of the 10k training. I think we all need to choose what is going to work best for us and definitely use each other as inspiration and motivation!!!
  • SkierElle
    Options
    Hey everyone, I feel super bad because I have been really horrible at keeping up with this thread but just wanted to say that I am still on track with my goals! I have been exercising every day since this started, and my only downfalls as far as sweets have gone have been two starbucks... which I totally regretted after because it was way too sweet and I got on here and one showed up as 402 calories!! yikes!

I'm going to be selfish and post a little about some small victories so far this month :) So far this month I have only had 3 alcoholic beverages! by no means am I a big drinker but the problem with having a lot with my friends is that I will lose self control and indulge in other things as well. Before I got on MFP I had a bad combo of alcohol, pop, milk and meat and got really sick. Never again! alcohol is really not worth it. I have also realized that exercise keeps me motivated and a bad day will turn into a great one with some time at the gym or exercise outside. Yesterday I was really missing my best friend and wishing I could see my family on thanksgiving, and didn't want to do ANYTHING! I did some yoga at home and got really discouraged because I didn't finish the whole video (it was 70 mins and I made it thru 40- it was HARD! I am not flexible at all!) but then later on I went to the gym and got my workout done and felt so much better!

About running in and paying for races, I have done 3 and plan on doing more, the half marathon was completely worth it in 2009 but I don't know if I am up for that again. It is just such a fun day and there is an energy amongst everyone that is totally awesome. Plus, you usually get free shirt, water bottle, etc. which i think is super fun :) I found an organization in Colorado that will pay for people to enter in races if they wear their shirt! That's what I am going to do in '11!

As for the heart rate monitors, do you guys know how they compare to other estimates of calorie burns, and if they are worth it to get? I really want one but hard to justify spending the $$$. However, next summer when I go to bike in Europe, it would be really cool to know how much I burn in a day of biking... just to see how many of those yummy european pastries i can eat! (kidding... maybe!)

Meag - great job on going out to do the 10K today! that will definitely earn you a slice of ice cream cake, and good for you for being prepared ahead of time with the nutritional info!
    Ok, I am planning on keeping up with this in the future, what a major slacker i have been!
  • rai8759
    rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about HRM also. I've seen a lot of ppl comment on them and I think they'd come in really handy for doing kind of off kinds of exercise.. like different circuits and stuff. Does anybody have any tips about them? Favorite ones? How do they work??

Still waiting for this cold to go away. It is really hanging on for dear life. I'm pumping myself full of Vitamin C and various cold medicines (I've been to Walmart several times this week for medicine shopping). Right now I down to some chest congestion and an annoyingly, loud and persistent cough. My husband has had to sleep in the guest room for the past three nights because I wake him up at night coughing!! I can't take this much longer:explode: . A big part of my plan for Thanksgiving was to work out big time before going away and during my stay. I reaaallly want this cold to go away, but I am considering just doing a work out tomorrow to see how it goes- all better or not:grumble: :devil: .
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Selfish post because I really can't keep myself away from this thread, even though I am insanely stressed for time haha

10k actually completed! Wow it sucked but I didn't want to let myself down. I ended up racing through breakfast at lightning speed and only waiting about 20 mins before running - HUGE MISTAKE! I had insane cramps in my stomach/side for the first 3k or so which resulted in serious whining (aloud, to myself), tons of pained expressions, and some serious walking early on. After about 2 miles I finally felt alright and ran the rest with some consistency. Mile 4 was downhill - thank goodness - and my fastest, clocking in at 10:05. Total time was 66:40 for just over 10k. Not great but not horrible either. I'll take it! Topped it off with a wicked PB2, whey protein, strawberry and spinach smoothie -- Mmmm. I must say, protein smoothies are the BEST part of my day. Very pathetic, I know.

Off to birthday celebration and a meeting with Nana! Wish me luck. I've never been good with parents/family...

Meag:heart:
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    I'm curious about HRM also. I've seen a lot of ppl comment on them and I think they'd come in really handy for doing kind of off kinds of exercise.. like different circuits and stuff. Does anybody have any tips about them? Favorite ones? How do they work??

Hi there everyone!

I'm just barging in because, well, I'm 24. Haha! I really want to be apart of an ongoing thread. I've been on MFP since 2008 and love it! Just finished loosing weight in September and I'm staying on because A.) Its a lifestyle B.) I'm addicted and C.) I want to be an encouragement to others on the site.

To jump in on your HRM question, I LOVE my heart rate monitor. Right now I don't have the fanciest one but it certainly does the job. I got a Sportline from Walmart for $25. Its a watch, timer, calories burned...its perfect! Maybe in the future I'll invest in something more high tech but right now this one is perfect. AND I burn way more according it then what MFP says I would for say a jog. I don't go anywhere without it. My Nerd Watch is what I lovingly call it! :o)

I've been participating in a few challenges on the site including a pushup challenge and 3500+ calories burned challenge. Just started running this past week which is a dream come true for me! I'm beyond thrilled. Its slow but steady. Any tips from you pro's would be much appreciated it. My biggest thing has been remembering to stretch and remembering the stretches themselves...its like I blank out. I know that is so lame. I think I get so excited for the actual running. LOL!

Thanks for letting me jump in! :o)
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    AHHHHH I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I BEAT MY NOVEMBER GOAL!!!! :):):)

I've lost a total of 2.6lbs this week, bringing me to a total of 26lbs gone! My goal for November was to reach a 25lb loss- I'm already over it by a lb and the month isn't over yet! WOOO HOO!!!! I am so happy! I'm hoping to lost another lb or 2 by the end of the month, but in all honesty, I am happy with getting this far this month.

I hope everyone else is having great success! Sorry I haven't been posting, I can't keep up with you all! But seriously, THANK YOU ALL for your support and motivation! I wouldn't have had the success I have without you!!!

Keep up the GREAT WORK- If I can do this and have success, so can you! Just keep fighting for it!

AHHHH I'm SOOOOO EXCITED! :) I still have a long way to go, but I'm now more than 25% done with my weight loss, in 3 1/2 months! I can't wait to see where I'm at in another 3 1/2! Next BIG GOAL is 50lbs. 24lbs to go! It may take me longer than another 3 1/2 months to get there but I WILL get there! WOO HOOO! I'm so motivated right now!

Kattungen: To lose 5 lbs :) Starting at 188.5 - want 183.5 by December 1st!
    kvr413: lose 10 lbs, thanksgiving included, which will put me at 169!
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 157 lbs & to run the first 2 weeks of my 10k running program (mileage13-14 and 15-16)
    Emmyworthy: To reach 199lbs, swim 3 times a week, lose 8 inches over all with 1 inch coming from my upper arms.- OMG down 7lbs in the first week of November! What the hell!!!hahaha! Only 3lbs to go before I'm 199lbs=]
    ksv123: to lose 3 pounds (yes, including Thanksgiving!!), and ramp up my workout routine that I have managed to ignore lately. The workout will include a minimum of 4 days a week of either elliptical or 30 Day Shred.
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - To lose 5 pounds and work out at least 2 times per week.
    meagalayne- To reach 130lbs, complete weeks 2 and 3 of the push-up challenge at my own pace, and run my 8k (Nov 13) under 50 mins :D -- MET! Chip time: 49:47.4
    LostAlyKat (Aly) - To lose 6lbs from 172.6, follow my prescribed food plan, and workout 6 days a week!
    Tjradd73-to lose 9.6lbs, and to continue on with the push-up challenge :)
    allislefttogain: Maintain (120-125 range); no scale until December 1st; 2 days a week with strength/body weight training; run 3-4x a week and run my 10K in 56 minutes or under (be happy with 59:01 or under though!)
    rai8759: loose 3 lbs by Thanksgiving, 5 lbs in total/workout 3x a week 60-90 minutes/5K in 30 min or less/be true to food diary even if i miss a day get right back into it the next day!!
    tai_88: to lose 5 lbs, stopping eating candy for the month and continue working out at least 4 times a week.
    wardiemelissa-my goal is to lose my last 0.5 pounds (taking me to 125 pounds-my wedding weight from 7 years and 2 kids ago), to maintain my weight, continue with my exercise routine (running 3-4 days and strength on off days) and finish my first 10K under 75 minutes on Thanksgiving Day!!!
    spellbinder - Reach 146lbs, exercise 5 days a week, do strength training + crunches + squats 3 days a week, ensure that I don't put on any weight during thanksgiving week!!
    SkierElle- reach 180lbs/exercise every day/limit sweets and desserts (apart from Thanksgiving)
    ttaylortulsa: 8 lbs for month - C25K training 3 days/wk - 30 Day Shred (or equivalent) 2 days/week - YBB vid 1 day/week
    allie7383: to get into the 150's (6.5 lbs away!), workout 6 days a week, and increase my water intake.
    inskydiamonds: (November 1-14): eat vegetables with dinner every night / lose about 5 pounds (November 15-28): make low(er) cal Thanksgiving dishes. Lose at least 4 pounds.
    mcanals123: To drop down to 165 and break my plateau :-)
    finncmh: Lose 1 pound a week- bringing me to 198 by end of the month. Full body lifting routine two days a week. Get to spinning class at least two times a week.
    miss_amy: lose a total of 25lbs, work out 5x a week & eat more fiber & protein. -I DID IT! 26lbs LOST & COUNTING!!!!!!!
    purpleprose: lose 5 pounds from 10/29 weight, run the whole 5K on Thanksgiving (no walking), and to eat organic, whole foods at least 60% of the time
    oreganoqueen: brave the gym at least once a week & eat more protein
    coatadaycarrie: finally get down to 145, and to work out at least 5x a week for at least half an hour each time.
    lauratx22-lose 8 pds! starting weight 190..now 188.5!
    ottawagirl613: lose 5 pounds to get me halfway to my goal weight of 130 pounds by christmas! also to complete my 15 mins a day of toning exercises EVERY DAY :)! (and squeeze in a few 15-30 min walks a few times a week)
    stuartme123: lose 4 pounds, workout at the gym or attend yoga class lasting 30+ min, 3x a week, keep unhealthy snacking to under 200 calories/day - this includes YOU potato chips!!!
    CraftyGirl4 - Do all the P90X workouts for this month (maybe taking off Thanksgiving Day). Not to step on the scale until Decemeber 1st, 2010.
    vbos~ lose 8lbs, 8 cups of H2O a day, run/elliptical 4x/week, strength train 3x/week, 5k Turkey Trot in 30mins, oh and drink alcohol only once a week!!
    cruan - Stick to my 2 shakes a day, really watch my calories so I don't go over, lose 5-7 pounds, somehow fit some exercise into the craziness that is my life!
    lolahippie-to lose 5lbs!
    Roobean33- to lose 4 pounds and tone up - and bring my hubby along for the ride! :)
    emmarie1630- lose 5 pounds, 3x a week workout, more veggies
    AshleyVeronica - lose 4lbs, DRINK less calories, monitor what I eat everyday...no holding back, stop eating after 9pm unless it's a weekend
    trebhun - lose 4lbs, and work out more, start exercising again after knee scope surgery (last Thurs 11/4)
    francesstewart1 - lose 3lbs (and join the Dec challenge!)
    seripha - To have an entire week where I eat well and within my calories bounds + exercise for at least 30 minutes 5 x a week.
    SkiptomyLou32: Get to 124 by end of November and then 120 by end of December. Make it to Christmas with no sweets (except Thanksgiving). Keep running through the winter and train for the half marathon in St. Louis in April.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    wowsers!!! this thread is crazy fast!! lol

cait-thanks for compliments! i am still thinking about the exercise challenge for Wed! i am thinking a time goal or something though for cardio! and no worries on the pics...you saw my before and afters that i posted and that was the first time i noticed how diff i really looked, give it a few more lbs and then start not just looking at current pics but comparing them to older pics! you will see a diff for sure!

alykat-sorry the scale didn't move...i have days like that too and it drives me nuts! as far as the NSV go, of course you know measurements, but try body fat % too! you can either get a scale that tells you or have someone at the gym measure it for you! that will prob show you a huge diff! and of course, and then look at your improved times for running and even your calories burned while on some machines and i bet you will also see a diff there too!! just keep on moving!! the scale will catch up :)

taylor-that was so sweet what you said and I truly feel the exact same way!! WTG to us all!

QOTD-gotta go with the horns, don't wanna look like a turkey! lol

seripha-great job at the movies!!! WTG!

Gonks-i would love to not weigh in for the rest of the month but I might truly go insane!!!! good luck with that!

Melissa-I fully agree with the working out at home vs the gym, my butt doin zumba at the gym wouldnt be pretty!! LOL abd WTG to your hubby for getting motivated with you and for you!

emmarie-you will do awesome I am sure!

rai-thnx maa'am!! and congrats to you!!

skiptomylou-a piece of high fiber bread before you drink will decrease on nausea in the morning and help to ensure you dont over eat while you are out! of course try to save some calories for when you go! stick to rum and diet or hard liquour and diet. and i always preplan exercise that i can do while i am out (bowling, darts, pool, dancing) this gives me something to do while there other than eat, slows down the drinking, and burns a few extra calories for you to be able to feel not too guilty about your drinks!!

Meag-I am so happy for you that your boy is getting involved! very cool :)

TaraMaria-great job on the running...and i am right with you on the push-up challenge!!

missamy-woohooo!!!! congrats!! WTG!! great job!!!

now for me...weighed again today since i have a potluck tonight at work and wanted to see where i am at so i can stay focused!! down another 1.2lbs for a total of 6lbs out of the 9.6 i wanted! so i am getting there but who knows what will happen with the holidays this week!!?? i have very positive plans though :)

keep up the great work everyone!
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    Hey Ladies- Just wanted to share a yummy, quick, easy, and filling recipe I used tonight.

I found this randomly online one night when it was my turn to cook. I tend to only eat meat if it is local, organic, and grass fed so its hard to cook things for both of us sometimes. Even my fiance who is a big meat eater and always has to have some sort of meat in his dish enjoyed it and felt full from it.
    (called for goat cheese and it was fabulous that way- this time I decided to try the laughing cow cheese and it was awesome also!)

Veggie Baguette Serves 4
    4 Whole wheat saloio rolls (or cut whole wheat baguette in to quarters)
    1 Eggplant on the smaller side
    2 Red Peppers
    4 Wedges of Laughing Cow Cheese light ( I used garlic and herb this time)
    4 Teaspoons of kalamata olive spread

Take out seeds from both eggplant and red peppers. Cut both in to long strips lengthwise. Throw in oven to bake on 375F no oil or anything. Just keep an eye on them they will start to brown a little on the bottom... flip them over to cook evenly. Usually in there for under 10 minutes.
    While those are cooking. Take one of the rolls cut in half lengthwise. Spread one wedge of cheese on it and approx one teaspoon of olive spread. When Veggies are done. Layer red peppers and eggplant and enjoy your yummy sandwich.

Here is what MFP says it is per serving:
    232 calories, 38gCarbs, 5g fat, 9g protein, 7fiber, and 694mg sodium

sodium is on the high side- mostly from the olive spread.
    I am sure there are tons of other things to put on there for a pop of flavor but with less sodium- balsamic vinegar, hummus, etc.

Tonight I made it with oven roasted brussel sprouts as a side dish and it was the perfect meal!!!
  • Roobean33
    Options
    Hey everyone - just catching up:

Finn - that recipe sounds DELICIOUS. I will be trying that this week for a light lunch. :-) Ingredients are on the shopping list.

MissAmy - Wow and congrats girl! I hope you are proud of yourself! That's a great accomplishment.

Meag - Awesome run today! Way to push through! Hope your boy's birthday went well! Enjoy that ice cream cake. YUM. Oh and btw, that spinach in your smoothie sounds gross...can you really not taste it? Almost tempted to try it myself and see!

TJradd - Positive plans are always good! Congrats on your loss and keep it up!

Melissa - Thanks for those recipes! Those pumpkin cupcakes sound really yummy.

TaraMaria - Hello & Welcome. Also a newbie at the running thing. Slowly seeing improvement! Keep it up!

As for myself: Ate really well today. Had a good workout. Feeling good about this week, even with Thanksgiving. Oh & all you runners out there, you must have legs of STEEL. My calf muscles are getting super toned & I haven't even ran that much, really. But I'm serious, even my husband noticed. Yay for NSV! Keep it up ladies!!!!!!!!!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Roo - I make the green monster smoothie with banana, almond milk, protein powder and spinach. With all of the ingredients, you would never be able to tell that the spinach is in there except that it makes the whole shake green. You should definitely try it. And how much do you run?
  • SkipToMyLou32
    Options
    Wow this thread is CRAZY!!! Crazy good but hard to keep up with for this newbie! Thanks everyone for your tips on handling the weekends/drinking. Meag, thanks for the tough love! I need it. It's so true, I am not fully committed as a lifestyle and need a priority check big time. It's like I have 2 lives--the super healthy week day me and the bad diet/drinking weekend me. (I'm sounding like an alcoholic but I'm really not!) :smile: You guys are all so inspiring for living the lifestyle as best you can all 7 days of the week.

Tara--Welcome to the thread! I just barged in myself this past week. Congrats on starting to run. I started running a couple years ago and definitely couldn't go a mile without walking. I just kept competing with myself and trying to go a little farther each time. Slow and steady is the best, and will also keep you from injuring yourself. I am bad about stretching too, but after dealing with bad lower back pain from not stretching I have definitely gotten better! Good luck!

Congrats to everyone on your awesome weekends and successes!
  • Roobean33
    Options
    Guam - I honestly run only 1 to 1.5 miles at a 10min pace. And I don't do that everyday. I prefer the elliptical. I try to run 3X/week. I think just the switch of exercises was great for my body...it's like it got used to the elliptical and running is really challenging for me. As for the smoothie: I had no idea. I would never dumped some spinach in there myself, but I'll try it now!

Skip- I am just like you. I need to combat the lazy weekender in me and focus on the whole picture!