Day By Day Challenge-Part 3 (november)

Options

Replies

• nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I just want to acknowledge what a wonderful job everyone is doing with setting goals and checking back in. Nicole started this challenge during the last week of August. There were a total of 12 pages of posts. For the month of October,part 2 was started, there were 8 pages and now, its only half way through November and there are already 8 pages for Part 3!! You guys are awesome!

People come and go. People go and come back. This is one of those no pressure boards were you check in as often as you can. I appreciate the committment everyone is making to themselves and it makes me push myself harder!

Thanks Leela! Me too! I always try and check in even if things aren't going to plan and want to try and keep to my goals where possible but I know if I don't you guys aren't going to give me a hard time but just be encouraging.
  • nam14uk
    Options
    I feel like I've missed too much to go back and comment on everyone. But I did catch that your foot is hurt NAM???? That's terrible!!! You need to get it taken care of. If not you will regret it when you're 55-60. I hope it gets better and you make a speedy recovery. You've been such a great friend.

Thanks Jess! Yeah it's hurt pretty bad. Split a bone in half and the doc wants to remove the bit that is sitting dislodged. It means 3 months off which I am struggling to accept. I know I'll get over it and get it done eventually but need to get to that point in my own time! It's a little better at the moment so want to get back on this training plan!
  • nam14uk
    Options
    Sorry about all those posts (and now I'm adding another one)! I don't know how to do multiple quotes in one post when they feature on different pages!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

If I am feeling better in the morning my goals are:

WATER!!!! --Did pretty good on this.
    Exercise for 60 minutes.--Done, plus.
    Stay within my calories AND log all my foods.--Done

Wasn't able to get here last night because the wind storm we had took out the internet.

Goals for the rest of today are:

WATER (Haven't had much because no water was allowed at the meeting!)
    Make healthy choices for dinner. (Lunch was a sandwich that was provided for us--not the best but I was SO hungry by then--no food was allowed in the room, either, so no morning snack!)
    Try to get at least a short workout in. I am SO tired from getting up at 5:30--I'm just not used to that anymore. I will do my best, though.

Need to figure out what I am taking with me to Phoenix. All of my warmer-weather clothes are too big! I think I need to try to get to Goodwill or Value Village--I haven't been able to find what I need at the other stores. Not much of need for summer-type clothing here this time of year!
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    Happy bump day for tomorrow (Jess is that what it's called?!) I know we had this conversation before but not sure if I remembered it right!

NOOOOOOOOO SILLY!!!! It's HUMP Day!!!! lolololololol.
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    November 16th:
    1.) water ** NOT VERY PROUD OF MYSELF TODAY ON THE WATER, BUT IT'S 7:22 AND I'M 'BOUT TO DRINT UP!:drinker:
    2.) Not going to say exercise but I will say stay under calories. my house is in shambles and my kids are going to bed later since the work on the kitchen is going on passed their bedtimes. So I may as well not even make exercise a goal because I know it won't happen. If it does-it will be a miracle. ***:bigsmile: EXACT ON MY CALORIES!!!!
    4.) It's 2:20 PM and I've already had 3 smokes. They were all in the middle of the night since I was up and down with my sick son. I will NOT go over 8 today and if I have to wake in the middle of the night tonight, I will just have to deal with not smoking. Lay there and jitter is all I can say cause I'm not going to smoke one. :smokin: WELL I'VE HAD 4 TOTAL TODAY AND ONLY PLAN ON HAVING ONE MORE BEFORE I HIT THE SACK.................... SO I THINK I HAVE DONE STELLAR TODAY---3 OF THOSE WERE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT/MORNING!!!!!!

November 17th:
    1.)Back to work, taking my son to my moms. Smoke ONLY before I go to work, after I've eaten lunch and when I get off work, and before I go to sleep.
    2.) water water water
    3.)Take my lunch and it 1200 cal mark. Watch my carbs and my fiber and protien.
    4.) WALK outside or on treadmill at lunch before I smoke.
  • frubjious
    Options
    Hi All,

Tuesdays goals:

1. Stay under calorie allowance – Fail, dinner with the in laws. I did control my portion size I just had a few too many small ones! Actually no I it was the wine and the irresistible teeny tiny toblerones with coffee after dinner.
    2. Water - Yes
    3. 30mins cardio – Yes! 90minutes!
    4. 1 hour drawing – No, but had great idea for picture.

Have the start of ANOTHER cold (I work in a community hospital so we have a new round of colds raging through the office just about every month in winter) so today’s goals need to be a little more flexible.

1. Stay under calorie allowance.
    2. Water
    3. Don’t over do it

Hope you all have a good day. Good luck witht he quitting Jess.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Tuesday's recap:
    Tuesday:
    1. drink less caffeinine, drink 8 or more cups of water. 24 oz of diet soda, 88 oz of water...CHECK
    2. eat at least 3 servings of fruits AND 3 servings of vegetables....NO, YES, NEED TO BUY MORE FRUITS, HUBS TAKES ALL THE APPLES AND GRAPES TO WORK. ALSO NEED TO BUY MORE INGREDIENTS FOR SALAD.
    3. workout from home, atleast 45 minutes. YES
    Wednesday:
    1. drink less caffeinine, drink 8 or more cups of water.
    2. eat at least 3 servings of fruits AND 3 servings of vegetables.
    3. zumba, zumba plus 30 minutes additional cardio
    4. strength train
    Non-fitness goals:
    5. wash two loads of clothes
    6. go to fruit market to replensih fruits and veggies
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Hi all.
    Well Tuesday was a total bust but thank goodness this is a new day!

Wednesday's goals--

1) Water!
    2) Workout for 90 minutes (to make up for yesterday).
    3) Be careful at dinner (son is bringing home pizza--need to pick up some salad to go with it!)
    40 WATER!!!
    5) Start getting clothes. etc. ready for trip to Phoenix on Saturday.

Time to get moving! Hope we ALL have a great day!

(Jess-you can do it!)
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! I continue to struggle with my desire to workout this week. I'm really having a hard time getting into it but somehow I managed to push through the entire 60 minutes of Billy Blank's boot camp dvd. It was absolute torture but I did give it my best.
  • Ravyn1982
    Ravyn1982 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    So just aquick check in this afternoon.
    So goals for Wed
    1. WATER--Almost done already:) But I'm also doing some paid research for a fiber supplement right now and I have to drink tons of water with it. guess its a good way to force it in:) hehe
    2. Laundry--working on it. but at least I don't have a ton to do:)
    3. Make healthy choices all day for food and fight the cravings for so much chocolate.--So far so good but breakfast was all chocolate and liquid. Didn't have time to actually eat so I had a "carnation" instant breakfast and some protien powder.

The research thing I'm doing was unexpected. Got it in the mail yesterday and started it today. I do them all the time though. hehe I like being a guinea pig and getting the free stuff. I sign up for free things that I won't even use and then donate them to the local food pantries. I'm a freebie junkie!! hehe

Well I'm off to work on some more laundry. So glad everyone has been doing so well!!

Later!
  • nam14uk
    Options
    Must do better on Wednesday:
    1. Water at least 10 cups to make up for today and NO EXCUSES.
    2. Do some exercise of some description but try not to overdo it on the foot.
    3. Million and one things to do at work by 12.30pm when I have to leave to for a meeting all afternoon. Write a list in the morning and work through as much as possible by then. Don't stress on the stuff not done and delegate where possible!

Check on 1 and 2 but the stress this morning at work was unbearable. Really couldn't be bothered to go to the gym tonight but I forced myself to go. Foot is throbbing so will need to rest again for a few days. So frustrating.

Thursday:
    1. Water water water
    2. Hit my calorie goal
    3. Another busy day tomorrow so go out at lunchtime and walk somewhere anywhere for at least 30 mins.
    4. Leave work on time so I can meet mum.
    5. Fruits and veggies - not been too good on this front lately.

Hope you've all had a happy HUMP day!!! Thanks for clearing that up Jess!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Wednesday recap:
    Wednesday:
    1. drink less caffeinine, drink 8 or more cups of water. CHECK (96 OZ)
    2. eat at least 3 servings of fruits AND 3 servings of vegetables. DOUBLE CHECK
    3. zumba, zumba plus 30 minutes additional cardio TRIPLE CHECK
    4. strength train CHECK
    Non-fitness goals:
    5. wash two loads of clothes YEPPERS!
    6. go to fruit market to replensih fruits and veggies YEPPERS!

Thursday's goals:
    1. water, water water
    2. fruits and veggies
    3. recover, no workout, or something REALLY light
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    Wed
    1.)Back to work, taking my son to my moms. Smoke ONLY before I go to work, after I've eaten lunch and when I get off work, and before I go to sleep. **** yay me!!!
    2.) water water water ** decent
    3.)Take my lunch and it 1200 cal mark. Watch my carbs and my fiber and protien. *** CALS were awesome and so was protien but NOT carbs and fiber.
    4.) WALK outside or on treadmill at lunch before I smoke.*** did NOT do this BUT I did walk when I put the kids to bed to I made up for it!!!

Thurs
    1.) water!!!
    2.) Monique and I have decided on 80 carbs so I'm sticking to it.
    3.) clean out my van at lunch. It's a mess, and I want to get all of the smoking memorabilia out of it for my quit date this weekend.
    4.) figure bills
  • Ravyn1982
    Options
    So goals for Wed
    1. WATER--Almost done already:) But I'm also doing some paid research for a fiber supplement right now and I have to drink tons of water with it. guess its a good way to force it in:) hehe
    2. Laundry--working on it. but at least I don't have a ton to do:)
    3. Make healthy choices all day for food and fight the cravings for so much chocolate.--So far so good but breakfast was all chocolate and liquid. Didn't have time to actually eat so I had a "carnation" instant breakfast and some protien powder.

So I didn't do too bad yesterday. GOt all my water in with no problem. gonna have no problem doing it again today:) Laundry is still in progress but at least I'm making headway on it. I made healthy choices all day:) Lunch was awesome and dinner was at OKI again:) I love their food!!

So for Thursday
    1. Water
    2. Laundry including going to the laundry mat to wash blankets since my husband has decided he wants one in particular and it needs cleaned badly before it can go on the bed.
    3. do some kind of workout for at least 30 min since my friend had to cancel our walk this morning. She has the flu.

Well I'm off! Hope you all have a great day!
  • pmjsmom
    Options

Wednesday's goals--

1) Water! Did better but need to drink more
    2) Workout for 90 minutes (to make up for yesterday). Didn't get done
    3) Be careful at dinner (son is bringing home pizza--need to pick up some salad to go with it!) Was careful but then drank 2 glasses of wine!
    40 WATER!!! Why do I have such a problem with this???
    5) Start getting clothes. etc. ready for trip to Phoenix on Saturday. Started.

Time to get moving! Hope we ALL have a great day!

Thursday's Goals--

1) WATER!!!
    2) Workout for 60 minutes AND walk to Safeway to order DD's Thanksgiving dinner (She's not a cook and I won't be here!)
    3) Watch my calories.
    4) Eat more veggies!

It looks like a break in the weather for today so it will be a good day for a walk outside. Safeway is a 3 mile round-trip and the walk will really help my stress levels!

Have a good day, everyone!
  • nam14uk
    Options
    Thursday:
    1. Water water water - DONE
    2. Hit my calorie goal - DONE made it to 1182 and decided not to eat something sweet to tip me over to 1200.
    3. Another busy day tomorrow so go out at lunchtime and walk somewhere anywhere for at least 30 mins. FAIL BUT DID SHRED LEVEL 1 & 2 THIS EVE.
    4. Leave work on time so I can meet mum. FAIL MY MEETING RAN ON.
    5. Fruits and veggies - not been too good on this front lately. SO SO

Even though work was still so busy I came home and decided to do shred after ages. I've only ever done level 1 so thought I would try and push myself and did level 1 & 2 right after each other. Quite proud of myself for pushing through but level 2 is much harder!

Friday:
    1. Stick to calorie goal as no training tomorrow. Try and get a walk in somewhere.
    2. Eat breakfast so not tempted to buy rubbish food at the station.
    3. Choose a healthy lunch.
    4. Get chugging the water!

Hope you're all having a good day. Can't wait for the weekend!
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    Did well today. Under CALS and only 77 carbs!!! 25 fiber to boot! I did well on water BUT I didn't clean my van out at lunch. I found out last minute that, one my daughters school was having a Thankgiving lunch, and two, so was my work. I had to go to both. Tried to figure bills but had left my checkbook at work. :((((
    It's 9:00, I've had 3 cigs and when I get out if the tub (yes tubbing and typing) I'm gonna have one more then bed.

Friday
    1.) 4 smokes
    2.)sleepover: me and my daughter
    3.) Monique and I are going to do 80 NET carbs instead of regular carbs so I'm hoping to get some more veggies in.
    4.) water
    5.) find ways to alleviate my nonsmoking anger instead of taking it out on my hubby! Man I hope he gets it. I pray he understands.
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    Friday
    1.) 4 smokes
    2.)sleepover: me and my daughter
    3.) Monique and I are going to do 80 NET carbs instead of regular carbs so I'm hoping to get some more veggies in.
    4.) water
    5.) find ways to alleviate my nonsmoking anger instead of taking it out on my hubby! Man I hope he gets it. I pray he understands.
    [/quote]

Just checking in on my todays goals......

Only brought 2 smokes with me to work today, so 2 more tonight shouldn't be too awful hard.:smokin:
    My daughter is now going to have a sleepover with her grandparents....:sad:
    Doing excellent on my carbs so far 17 net carbs!!! I had a huge salad for lunch!!:happy:
    Already have drank all of my water!!! 2:00pm:tongue:
    Hubby and I came to an agreement today that I am superwoman! lolololol.:happy:

I have so much work to do, but I cannoooottttttt get off of MFP!!! lol Eh well, it's Friday!
  • Ravyn1982
    Options
    So been super busy all day today and never really made it on here much. Have had a good day though. Except the people who don't seem to know how to drive!! I swear I was stuck behind every person who wanted to drive just 25 MPH or at least 5 under the posted speed limit. It was annoying. On a happy note. I drank all my water today:) and made almost $200 just by going to the bank! hehe

I did get everything done a Thursday. Its way too late to be posting for Friday goals:) So here are the weekend goals...

Saturday
    1. Have a nice day in Chicago tomorrow.
    2. Dress warmly for the windy city!!
    3. Make healthy choices even though we will probably eat nothing but oriental while we are there. Most of the day will be spent in China town.
    4. Don't spend too much on junk while we are there:)

Sunday
    1. Figure out where to plant the trees I got today from The Arbor Day Foundation. I wasn't expecting them until the spring because well its almost time for the ground to freeze up around here. But I'll get them in the ground now so they don't die! I have 5 days to get them into the ground. Gotta figure out what I can plant on the street since they just redid all the sewers around us and have limitations on what is allowed to be planted there.
    2. Clean the house
    3. Laundry
    4. Hang pictures.

Well have a good weekend everyone. I'm gonna relax for a bit and watch some tv while the hubby is working on his motorcycle.