Day By Day Challenge-Part 3 (november)

Options

Replies

• frubjious
    Options
    Sorry I know I've just posted but I just wanted to update to say: I did it! I did shred level 2 and not only managed the first set of full plank jacks but also all of the full walking push ups! My arms and legs are completely made from jelly now but I'm so so pleased.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I hope this post finds my MFP friends in good health and spirits. My previous boot camp instructor is offering a free, Saturday, boot camp session until the end of the year so I decided to partake in it today.

Today's circuit consisted of twisting mountain climbers, squat & overhead press, burpees w/a jump, pulsating squats while holding 20 lb weight, jumping rope, push ups, jumping squats w/a step, pulsating lunges, high knees, inchworms, jumping jacks and bicycles. We did each circuit until the trainer blew the whistle and then we moved on to the next. I believe each circuit was a minute. We did this twice and then we competed in team relays that consisted of walking side squats, jumping jacks, skiers and high knees.

I had a great time and it made me realize how much I like and miss the group boot camps. I'm really considering joining for at least a month in order to jump start my workouts again

I really haven't had any goals the last few days other than to make healthy choices when eating and exercise everyday. I've been pretty successful with the healthy choices although there were some slip ups.....I love to snack so I did have some doritos and mike and ike candy. I've been extremely successful with exercise daily despite the arthritis flare up in my back. All my house work is done and i'm off work until Monday. There's nothing left for me to do other than sit back and relax.
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    11/27
    1. Paint my kitchen!!!!!!! :happy: First coat done!!!
    2. Shred :tongue: Not yet but I will before bed!!!-It's only 6pm
    3. WATER WATER WATER :drinker: I sooooo need to drink some more!
    4. Find anything else other than JUST the shred to get some exercise. It's feeling good since this not smoking thing!!!! :yawn: Painting the kitchen did it for me and with over 1200 cals burned while doing it. WOW I'm tired!

11/28 Goals
    1.) Water
    2.) carbs
    3.) Finish painting the kitchen
    4.) Shred----then only one more to level 2!!! I'm sceeeeeerrrreeeed!!!!
  • frubjious
    Options
    Hi all,

Mmnnrr still half asleep this morning.

Yesterday
    1. Stay under on calories - Done
    2. Shred – try the plank jacks - Done
    3. Water - Yes
    4. Laundry - A little :blushing:

Sundays goals:

1. Exercise: Body Balance, Swimming, Shred
    2. Water - its always tougher drinking water at the weekend
    3. Carry on with painting don't get distracted playing with the cats
    4. House work seriously its getting beyond a joke again no distraction.

Hope you're all having a good weekend. See you soon.
    Kx
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Anyway enough of that! On to Saturday's goals...
    1. Keep to calories
    2. Don't overdo the popcorn at the cinema - going to watch Harry Potter.
    3. Get a good workout in the morning either shred or go to the gym.
    4. Water and lots of it!

Went over on cals mainly because of the popcorn at the cinema! Didn't get in a work out but did get my water in. So all in all failed on my goals but have to say I didn't feel that bad because it doesn't happen often. Had a lovely day with mum and the movie was good so that's a bonus!

Sunday's goals:
    1. Body Attack.
    2. Loads of water.
    3. Clean flat.
    4. Have an afternoon snooze!
    5. Go and buy new jeans!
    6. Laundry.

I've already been to the gym this morning - Body Attack then straight onto Total Body Workout. Cleaned the flat when I got home and then did level 2 Shred!!! I'm seriously pooped already! The plan for the rest of the day is to go and buy my jeans (walking to the mall) and then come home and snooze!

Kim I'm with you on those plank jacks and walking push ups!! Well done for getting them done! I also don't like the V raise things!

Jess good luck with the painting today. You are rocking that calorie burn!

Leela hope your knee is better today so you can get your miles in.

Choco that circuit training sounds quite intense!

Pmjsmom hope you had a good time with you family.

Ravyn how have you got all your xmas presents done already?!! That is impressive! I need to take a leaf about of your book!

Hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving break and have a good week next week. The xmas parties are starting from next week so I have to be extra good!
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    I take it back.......... I did not Shred yesterday. The painting wore me out. I will try to do it today BUT I also have to do the second coat to day so we will see!!!!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Saturday's recap.
    saturday's goals:
    1. get in some serious miles on the bike and elliptical so I can meet my miles goal. RESTED MY KNEE
    2. drink water, no soda HAD SOME SODA AT THE MOVIES, BUT DID DRINK 100 oz OF WATER
    3. keep calories at bay. I THINK I DID OK, BUT DIDN'T LOG THEM :(
    4. eat only when I'm hungry. YES AND TO STOP EATING WHEN I'M NOT HUNGRY!
    It's a little late, but I will still post for Sunday:
    Sunday's goals:
    1. exercise atleast 45 minures...DONE.
    2. drink only water, no pop...SO FAR, SO GOOD.
    3. finish all the thanksgiving left overs...EASIER SAID THAN DONE.

Everyone have a great week!
    Lee x
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    I see there's lots of painting and housework on the agenda this weekend.

Nam, that's some list for today! Did you get some new jeans? My knee is better and I did get good miles in today. So I'm happy. I may try to shred later depending if there's time.

K, your exercise routine sounds impressive.

Choco, that's awesome that your instructor is offering free boot camp class on Saturdays. I'm still afraid to go to a boot camp class. the name itself scares me...lol
  • nam14uk
    Options
    Sunday's goals:
    1. Body Attack.*DONE AND TOTAL BODY WORKOUT AND SHRED L2*
    2. Loads of water. *11 CUPS SO FAR*
    3. Clean flat. *CHECK*
    4. Have an afternoon snooze! *NO TIME!*
    5. Go and buy new jeans! *DIDN'T NEED TO BUY ANY IN THE END.....*
    6. Laundry. *CHECK*

So before I left to go to the shops to buy my new jeans I decided to clear out my closets because most of my clothes are now way too big. I had forgotten that I had 5 pairs of old jeans that look new that I haven't worn in ages (because they didn't fit). I tried them all on and they are a little loose but massive improvment on the trousers I have been wearing which are literally falling down (not a good look)! So I now have 5 new pairs of jeans and didn't need to spend any money!!!! Also have so many clothes ready to give away - I was completely ruthless with the clearing! Don't have many other clothes left so will definitely need to do some shopping! As a result of my closet clearing then cooking dinner etc no time for a snooze!

Anyway sorry that was a long ramble!

On to Monday's goals...
    1. Keep to cals.
    2. Get a workout done in the evening.
    3. Healthy food choices at lunch.
    4. Water.

Hope you are all enjoying your Sunday! Don't forget to keep drinkiing your water!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Choco, that's awesome that your instructor is offering free boot camp class on Saturdays. I'm still afraid to go to a boot camp class. the name itself scares me...lol

Boot camp (especially this one) is not as bad as it might seem. Every circuit had a beginner, intermediate and advance way of completing the exercise that way everyone can complete it but do so at their own level.
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    11/28 Goals
    1.) Water
    2.) carbs

I have failed at everything today except for the carbs. DAMN headache!!!!!!!!

11/29 Goals
    1.) Been off of work for a week. REALLY NEED TO GET SOME STUFF DONE!!!! Badly!!!
    2.) water water water for REAL
    3.) clean my oven and fridge.
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    11/28 Goals
    1.) Water
    2.) carbs

I have failed at everything today except for the carbs. DAMN headache!!!!!!!!

Well never friggin mind!!!!!!! I got the water down now because DH advised me that I really needed to do the Shred
    so I did!!!!
    The only thing that I did NOT accomplish was painting the kitchen......

How amazingly do things just turn around at the drop of a hat!!!???!!! And what do you know,,,, my headache is gone!!!!!
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    I rocked Sunday's goals, so I'm moving on to Monday's:

1. go to fitness class plus 30 minutes of cardio.
    2. try to get in good mileage but don't kill myself over it.
    3. Keep up the water crusade!
    4. don't eat back my exercise calories.
  • frubjious
    Options
    Sundays goals:
    1. Exercise: Body Balance, Swimming, Shred - Body balance yes, the pool was shut for water polo and shred I'll be honest i forgot about.
    2. Water - its always tougher drinking water at the weekend - No
    3. Carry on with painting don't get distracted playing with the cats - I did loads then sunday night one of my cats lept up on the able into the paint and left sticky painty paw prints accross my table where she then hoisted herself like a miniture feline king kong up the back of my drawing board and slid down the front of it accross the picture. :explode: It was very nearly murder. She's not bad, she just has a knack for trouble.
    4. House work seriously its getting beyond a joke again no distraction. Hmm not so much.

Right, I lamed it yeasterday so todays goals are going to be tougher all round:

1. Food: All healthy choices, no slips, log everything.
    2. Exercise: Burn 1000 calories.
    3. Painting: Start again and remain postive, second attempt will be better, minimum of first layer down.

That said I am off to the park for a walk.

Hope you all have a great day. See you later.
  • Ravyn1982
    Ravyn1982 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Well had a great day yesterday. Today has been great as well. Got almost all of my Christmas shopping done. Just need a few more stocking stuffers and one present for my son. I can't believe I'm already so close to being done!! Its never happened like this for me before. I'm gonna have to keep it a tradition from now on. hehe I can at least hope that I can do that!

Today it is too late for goals to be posted for me. But for the weekend

1. Dishes- DONE
    2. Water- DONE
    3. Laundry- WORKING STILL
    4. Clean up in basement. -FAIL

Hoping the weeekend continues just as good as the last 2 days:) Havea good weekend all!!
    Well I can't complain that we didn't get the basement cleaned up becuase we got the outside christmas decorations out instead. Plus a friend of ours needed help fixing a brake line on thier van and a gas line for their dryer. They had a run of bad luck this weekend. But at least we are good friends and help out when they need it.
    Now I just got news that one of my friends just took her husband to the hospital for something with his heart. This is my walking buddy so I'm really worried about her and him!! He's a truck driver and if he has something too serious wrong with his heart he isn't going to be allowed to work anymore and its their only income right now. He was also in the process of trying to lose weight and was the reason he was at the dr this morning. Guess he's lucky they caught it before something happened.

So goals for Monday
    1. Water
    2.get Christmas decorations out of basement and work on getting them put out
    3. vaccum before decorating.
    4. do some sort of exercising besides cleaning. at leasst 30 mins worth.

Nam, Believe me if I could tell you how I did it. I would let everyone know but I have no idea. Its shocking to me that I'm done so quickly. I've never done this before!

Jess, WTG on getting the first coat of paint up. I remeber painting my kitchen and it was alot of work. I just had no idea how many cals it burns!!! What a great burn!. You'll get to the second coat soon enough. I hope you enjoy your new kitchen:)

Everyone else you've been doing such a good job!! Hope you all have a good monday!
  • nam14uk
    Options
    On to Monday's goals...
    1. Keep to cals. *DONE*
    2. Get a workout done in the evening. *DONE*
    3. Healthy food choices at lunch. *KIND OF wanted to eat a few extra calories because of the classes I was planning on doing tonight*
    4. Water. DONE

Happy Monday everyone! I started off in a terrible mood at work but now feel very chirpy!! I'm sure it's the exercise that's changed it all around!

Tried a new class tonight called Tri but it was the express version so shorter than normal. The instructor is a complete nutter so it made it really fun. They have you doing squats, jumping around, lunges, weights all to really fast paced music and she didn't let us stop for more than a few seconds to catch our breath back! I was nervous before going but now I love it! Managed to persuade myself to stay for the express Body Attack as well.

Tuesday's goals:
    1. Exercise of some description and hopefully Tri class again.
    2. Water water water.
    3. I have so many files for billing and the bosses want them sent off I just haven't had time so must make sure that gets done tomorrow.
    4. Keep my sugar intake in check. This always seems to be the one I go over on mostly even though I don't eat lots of 'sweet things'!

Right I'm off to bed! Goodnight all!
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Just a midday check in. The rest of the night will probably be too hectic for me to come back on.
    I rocked Sunday's goals, so I'm moving on to Monday's:

1. go to fitness class plus 30 minutes of cardio. (check, check. 20 minutes on elliptical, just finished 35 minutes of low impact aerobics)
    2. try to get in good mileage but don't kill myself over it. (only 1.65 miles, I over set my goal this month for miles since I've added more classes than machines)
    3. Keep up the water crusade! (check)
    4. don't eat back my exercise calories. (I may have a few, but I'm going to do my best to save them all week. Kinda hard when I'm still getting rid of leftovers from thanksgiving.)

Tuesday's goals:
    basically, they're the same.
    1. aerobic class in the morning, another mini workout in the evening. (probably won't get any miles in unfortunately)
    2. water, water, water
    3. eat only when I'm hungry. stop eating when I'm not hungry. Try to stay under 1200 calories.
  • frubjious
    Options
    Right, I lamed it yesterday so today’s goals are going to be tougher all round:

1. Food: All healthy choices, no slips, log everything. – Done!
    2. Exercise: Burn 1000 calories. - Done! 1134 cals
    3. Painting: Start again and remain positive, second attempt will be better, minimum of first layer down. – No, ran out of time.

I’m getting very excited about Christmas now. I think it’s every one talking about putting up their decorations and doing their shopping.

Tuesday’s goals:

1. Food healthy choices again
    2. Shred and body combat
    3. Paint paint paint! I’m running out of time
    4. Try not to get snowed in any where.

Have a great day everyone! See you later.
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Just a quick reminder. The first person on tomorrow should start a new board for December. Leave a little introduction in case we get new posters. Also, leave a link on this board so all the vets can find it easy.

Have a great day. Going to the gym after my daughter gets off the bus!
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    11/29 Goals
    1.) Been off of work for a week. REALLY NEED TO GET SOME STUFF DONE!!!! Badly!!! --Got most everything caught up
    2.) water water water for REAL ---did VERY WELL
    3.) clean my oven and fridge. --Cleaned my fridge BUT my oven door is still facing the wall at the moment, so that is out of my control...................

11/30 Goals.
    1.) It is 11:00am, I still haven't taken ONE SIP of water! GET ON IT!
    2.) Final SHRED level one tonight.
    3.) Stick to my guns with my daughter and do not let it emotionally disturb me!
    4.)CLEAN WHEN I GET HOME. Hopefully my kitchen will be done this evening. I say that everyday but seems like something is forever going wrong.......... ugh.