November 360 minutes a week "Move-It" challenge

Options
nisijam5
nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
Ok, we got to face our families for the Thanksgiving holiday (Americans).:grumble: Now, do you want to hear them make snide comments about your butterball that should be on the table?:noway: :sad: I bet you don't!!!! Nope, your gonna be the hot smokin' potato with the ta-tas:smokin:

Then it's time to Move it! Shake it! Jiggle it! Wiggle it! Bump it! Thump it! Stomp it! Womp it!!

What's your plan? You gotta have one to make this happen.

The goals are:

1) 360 minutes of moving...it doesn't matter what kind you do or how you break it up

- or -

2) Burn 2500 to 3500 calories with a heart rate monitor

OK, who's in for Week #1...if at first you don't succeed, you keep trying...just keep coming back and reporting progress or non-progess...it doesn't matter...it keeps us accountable and that's how we commit to healthy lifestyles:bigsmile:

Replies

• Eliannasmom
    Eliannasmom Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am in :)
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    My goal will be a bit less to start, but I hope you don't mind me posting...I need the accountability. And, if I make it to 360 - bonus!!
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I too might have a smaller goal to start (because I'm just going to do my Power 90 workouts) but I still need the accountability as well!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I too might have a smaller goal to start (because I'm just going to do my Power 90 workouts) but I still need the accountability as well!

All activity counts...deep cleaning, walking or biking to the store instead of driving, taking the stairs at work....little bits add up
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,381 Member
    Options
    Ok, we got to face our families for the Thanksgiving holiday (Americans).:grumble: Now, do you want to hear them make snide comments about your butterball that should be on the table?:noway: :sad: I bet you don't!!!! Nope, your gonna be the hot smokin' potato with the ta-tas:smokin:

Then it's time to Move it! Shake it! Jiggle it! Wiggle it! Bump it! Thump it! Stomp it! Womp it!!

What's your plan? You gotta have one to make this happen.

The goals are:

1) 360 minutes of moving...it doesn't matter what kind you do or how you break it up

- or -

2) Burn 2500 to 3500 calories with a heart rate monitor

OK, who's in for Week #1...if at first you don't succeed, you keep trying...just keep coming back and reporting progress or non-progess...it doesn't matter...it keeps us accountable and that's how we commit to healthy lifestyles:bigsmile:

Thanks Kim!!! I love the phrase, "Move it! Shake it! Jiggle it! Wiggle it! Bump it! Thump it! Stomp it! Womp it!!" So inspiring and motivating.

You are right this does help for accountability. I am going to shoot for 2500 to 3000 calories with HRM this week since I know I can't do 360 min. Next week I will be back in for the 360 min.

Everyone have a good week moving it.....:-)
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am going to have a very busy week so this will be a great way to keep me accountable. Every little bit will help so if I need to do 10 min here and there I will!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm going to shoot for 360 minutes and if I happen to burn 2500-3500 calories in the process that's great.

Monday: 55 minutes of Billy Blanks boot camp.......305 minutes to go!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    yaaay I'm in Goals 360 min a week and 2500 cals burned!
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options

you absolutely crack me up :) i'm in again this month...my aim is to hit 360 minutes a week and 2500 calories burned...this first week will be tough because i have an 11 hour day and two 12 hour days but i'm going to try my hardest to get there :)

monday: run 26 minutes/251 calories
    to go: 334 minutes/2249 calories :)
  • COUNT ME IN. CAN'T DO 360 MINUTES BUT I'LL DO THE 2500-3000 CALORIES A WEEK.
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Im in this sounds great and a "doable" challenge!
  • goddessru
    goddessru Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I needed.

Monday- 50m Walking
  • klkelley
    klkelley Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am in. It will help me get to my 100 miles by Thanksgiving also.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    Since I've got the time I'll be working out a bunch this evening. But I also walked on my lunch for 25 min so far so I'm down to 335 minutes left as of now.
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge. I will do 360 minutes!!

Monday - 20mins 30 day shred
    30mins walk
    10mins step ups

60 done - 300 to go :smile:
  • TyroneM
    Options
    I'm in for the 360 minutes a week. So far
    Monday 35 minutes
    Tuesday 35 minutes + going to do 35 minutes this afternoon.
    Total 70 minutes.
  • klkelley
    klkelley Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    11/01/10 -45 minutes
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    This months goals same as last, 360 min and 2500 cals a week

Monday 60 min deep cleaning / 151 cals

Remaining - 300 min / 2349
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    Took a 60 min walk this evening. Down to 275.
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'M IN!