November 360 minutes a week "Move-It" challenge

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hey Shakers,

Plan is to get me grove on for minimum of 60 minutes today...going out to dinner and the wine will flow which means I will suffer through a workout tomorrow...why do I punish myself so???

Happy Friday!!!
  • mjmartin
    Options
    Hi all! I'm new & just joined MFP this week so I'm in! I need to get moving and get some friends to help me keep going!:happy:
  • klkelley
    klkelley Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    11/12/10 - 20 minutes
    203 to go
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! Just checking in:

Monday: 35 minutes of the Push Circuit 3 dvd and 25 minutes of the Core dvd.................300 minutes to go!
    Tuesday: 35 minute HIIT on elliptical & 30 minutes on spinning bike..................................235 minutes to go!
    Wednesday: 60 minutes of P90X Shoulders & Arms & 15 minutes of the Core dvd.........160 minutes to go!
    Thursday: 47 minutes of Burn Intervals & 30 minutes of Turbo Jam-Fat Blaster.................83 minutes to go!
    Friday: 60 minutes of Legs & Back from the P90X program....................................................23 minutes to go!

I'm on track to completing this challenge tomorrow. I plan on heading to the gym tomorrow for the kickboxing class.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys are cruisin and bruisin!!! I'm adjusting to a job/schedule change so not pushin the exercise-hopin next week to be back but no promisses! The following week is out of state family T-day visits!
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    monday: pilates 15/36
    tuesday: walk 30/145
    wednesday: walk 28/135 & walk 65/238
    thursday: walk 20/96
    friday: run 40/356
    so far: 198 minutes/1006 calories
    to go: 162 minutes/1494 calories

no strep!!! yay! and i got to run for the first time since last sunday!!! not my fastest run but it felt so good :) i'm not moving and shaking as much as the rest of y'all but you are all inspiring me to keep with it :)
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, elliptical & Less is More (Comcast on Demand)...73 minutes, 557 cals
    Tuesday, nada, just needed a day off
    Wednesday, nada, needed another day off
    Thursday, elliptical & Less is More...84 mins/658 cals
    Friday, elliptical...23 mins/174 cals

2 more days and now I have to step it up!!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    no strep!!! yay! and i got to run for the first time since last sunday!!! not my fastest run but it felt so good :) i'm not moving and shaking as much as the rest of y'all but you are all inspiring me to keep with it :)

It's OK to slow down when your sick...it's all about listening to your body...yay, for no strep
  • carcar63
    carcar63 Posts: 158
    Options
    Monday 11/8 60mins treadmill 20mins strength training (sit up, squats, biceps, etc)
    Tuesday 11/9 60mins on treadmill.
    Wednesday 11/10 60mins treadmill
    Thursday 11/11 zippo
    Friday 11/12 2hrs gardening / blowing leaves

320 down 40 to go

No, I don't have a HRM, I know I should get one for the accuracy of cal burned. I'm probably not burning as much as MFP says I am
  • nisijam5
    Options
    No, I don't have a HRM, I know I should get one for the accuracy of cal burned. I'm probably not burning as much as MFP says I am

Your right, for me, MFP is off by a lot when I add in the true values from the HRM
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options

Monday: 35 minutes of the Push Circuit 3 dvd and 25 minutes of the Core dvd.................300 minutes to go!
    Tuesday: 35 minute HIIT on elliptical & 30 minutes on spinning bike..................................235 minutes to go!
    Wednesday: 60 minutes of P90X Shoulders & Arms & 15 minutes of the Core dvd.........160 minutes to go!
    Thursday: 47 minutes of Burn Intervals & 30 minutes of Turbo Jam-Fat Blaster.................83 minutes to go!
    Friday: 60 minutes of Legs & Back from the P90X program....................................................23 minutes to go
    Saturday: 35 minutes on the elliptical & 47 minutes of a kickboxing class............................0 minutes to go!

As of today, I have worked out 419 minutes and burned 3042 calories and I still have one more day of exercise.

Today is another ladies day out event and we are heading to a winery for a tour and then wine tasting. Since I knew I would be drinking a little I decided to go REAL HARD at the gym this morning.

Great job everyone and thank you for inspiring me to push harder.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    Hello All!!
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend!! I am and getting ready to go dancing tonight. I have no workouts planned today and I don't count cleaning and dancing. Will just be extra since I am not wearing a HRM to the steppin party. Keep wiggling and jiggling guys!

And welcome to the new ones!

Cnbethea,
    Good job!! We have lives and we can't get the minutes every week. The important thing is that you are working out regularly and having quality workouts at that. Keep it moving!!!

Carleen,
    A heart rate monitor is worth every nickel. I have been using mines for over 5 years now and do not workout without it. It makes sure I am working in the zone and working hard enough. As our bodies get more fit, it does not take as much to get our HR up and we burn less calories. Even when walking it makes you work in your HR range and not slow poke around.

Choco,
    You go girl!!! Congrats on another awesome week!!........:-) Keep up the good work. I have 55 more min to get in tomorrow to get 360 and I will get that for sure.

MY WEEK:
    Mon: 0
    Tues: 75 min @ gym (788 cal)
    Wed: 70 min @ gym (784 cal)
    Thur: 70 min @ gym (722 cal)
    Fri: 75 min @ gym (822 cal)
    Sat: 0
    Sun:

Total = 305 min (3220 cal)

55 min to go!! :heart: :heart:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options

Friday: 60 minutes of Legs & Back from the P90X program....................................................23 minutes to go
    Saturday: 35 minutes on the elliptical & 47 minutes of a kickboxing class............................0 minutes to go!
    Sunday: 32 minutes of the Leslie Sansone Fat Burning Walk dvd..........................................0 minutes to go!

This week I worked out a total of 451 minutes and burned 3238 calories.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Would it be alright if I start Monday? I wasn't with you for the rest of the month so was just wondering if that was a problem or not.
  • a1schwei
    Options
    Would it be alright if I start Monday? I wasn't with you for the rest of the month so was just wondering if that was a problem or not.

join on in :)
  • a1schwei
    Options
    monday: pilates 15/36
    tuesday: walk 30/145
    wednesday: walk 28/135 & walk 65/238
    thursday: walk 20/96
    friday: run 40/356
    saturday: run 32/307
    sunday: clean 35/84, walk 50/241
    so far: 315 minutes/1638 calories
    45 minutes and 862 calories short...better than i anticipated considering i have still not kicked my cough!!! keep up the great work everyone :)
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    hey everyone havent forgotten abou tya'll yet. will check back in later when i have time to post better.

hope everyone's having a great weeked! congrats on all of u who completed the challenge. I have some time but i will try to squeeze in a workout!
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Completed the week!

Tuesday: 140 minutes exercise (Taebo, strength training, fast walking), 1074 calories burned
    Wednesday: 80 minutes of cardio/strength training, 346 calories burned
    Thursday: 180 min. cleaning, 541 calories burned
    Friday: Same as Wednesday
    Saturday: 110 minutes fast walking, 502 calories burned
    Sunday: 90 minutes walking and strength training, 382 calories burned

GRAND TOTAL: 680 minutes exercise; 3191 calories burned!
    BONUS: Strength has increased, endurance and speed has improved. It feels great to be getting fit.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    LAST WEEK:
    Mon: 0
    Tues: 75 min @ gym (788 cal)
    Wed: 70 min @ gym (784 cal)
    Thur: 70 min @ gym (722 cal)
    Fri: 75 min @ gym (822 cal)
    Sat: 0
    Sun: 0

Total = 305 min (3220 cal)

Well I did not make it last week but I will take it. I am going for 2500 calories burned this week because I know I have a lot on my plate the next 2 weeks and will have to shorten my workouts and I will only commit to 2 or 3 days at the gym. I will have to squeeze in DVD workouts at home more the next 2 weeks vs. gym workouts. I may add some lunch time walks also to see if this will help me get the 360 also.

But officially I am going for 2500 calories this week! Have a good week everyone!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Completed the week!

Tuesday: 140 minutes exercise (Taebo, strength training, fast walking), 1074 calories burned
    Wednesday: 80 minutes of cardio/strength training, 346 calories burned
    Thursday: 180 min. cleaning, 541 calories burned
    Friday: Same as Wednesday
    Saturday: 110 minutes fast walking, 502 calories burned
    Sunday: 90 minutes walking and strength training, 382 calories burned

GRAND TOTAL: 680 minutes exercise; 3191 calories burned!
    BONUS: Strength has increased, endurance and speed has improved. It feels great to be getting fit.

Whoooohooooo!! Awesome job!!