Deleting YourFitnessPals

Options

Replies

• Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I try to stick with certain inactive people in hopes that I can jump start them.

It rarely works, but why not try.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I'd delete you just for this thread alone
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I just deleted some. But only because of inactivit, not because I didn't like them or anything. In truth, I don't know if I liked them, because they signed up, sent FR, and never came back.

If the person was recently active more than 2 months ago, I deleted them.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    whateva, I do what I want!!!

giphy.gif

\m/
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how many friends I have, nor do I care. I'd only delete someone if they were harassing me in some way. If someone deletes me, I honestly wouldn't notice.

*shrug*
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    you would never want to add me. I delete people I rarely interact with randomly, for no good reason, when I am moody. I word vomit about on my wall, as if my page were my personal diary. And, I rarely talk fitness or food anymore.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    If I can't remember how they ended up on my FL and there is no interaction at all I delete. If I don't click with someone I delete. If they are undereating I delete.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Who cares its the internet...

It's not FB and these people aren't your "real" friends anyways, and you should be the only one keeping yourself accountable.

/end thread

says internet friends dont matter.

goes on to say how FB friends are real.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Who cares its the internet...

It's not FB and these people aren't your "real" friends anyways, and you should be the only one keeping yourself accountable.

/end thread

says internet friends dont matter.

goes on to say how FB friends are real.

tumblr_n5vzl8y4nj1tv4k5po1_400.gif

tumblr_n19w3eZwcH1r5pqz3o1_500.jpg
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I delete for multiple purposes, however, it's not common at all.

I like my friends to be outspoken, have thick skin and have personality.

You never really know what someone is going through or has gone through to cause them to not want an MFP friendship.

Some people just can't relate to each other due to very different lives.

Ironically, I have a very good MFP friend I would have never given the time of day in RL.

I guess I just accepted his request and we started talking and I assumed he was cool guy than several weeks later I looked at the profile and about fell up out my seat.

But he's a good MFP friend so I'll keep him around. :-)

I saw a thread yesterday explaining that a member wouldn't respond to the other members messages because they were not gay.

Don't take it personal.

There is a certain demographic I tend to shy away from due to incompatibility in RL and online, but I'll give anyone a chance and there are certainly exceptions to that rule!

I also get deleted a lot for fasting and low-carbing.

Apparently that's very offensive, so forget about them!

I believe fasting and low-carbing have tremendous health benefits, and if you don't want to be around that, that's fine!
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I've deleted people for continually posting things I found inappropriate, for making me feel uncomfortable (i.e. a male from my town clearly adding only females from my town - doesn't feel safe), or if we literally never interact. I don't delete for inactivity, though, as I've been on this site for several years now and have taken very lengthy absences myself and appreciated having some friends left when I returned.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    If I can't remember how they ended up on my FL and there is no interaction at all I delete. If I don't click with someone I delete. If they are undereating I delete.

^^ yup agree
  • Tammer81
    Tammer81 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Not that I feel hurt or bothered if MyFitnessPals delete me — indeed in certain cases I consider it quite a relief, if not a badge of honor — I was just wondering what might motivate them to do so; incidentally I routinely delete others on Facebook I perceive to be irritating and/or inflammatory (though of late I opt merely for the 'Unsubscribe' option) and have been deleted myself for what I have to imagine are the same reasons. That said, on MyFitnessPal — at least in the personal news feed — people tend to steer clear of the poisonous discussions of politics, race, and interpersonal relationships otherwise prevalent in other social media.
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I have no rules. EFFFFFF rules!!!

*deletes errbody*

Just kidding, I love you all on my FL. And even some not on my FL. I haz a big heart, in fact, my Facebook quiz told me so this morning. BTW, I should stop drinking C4 before I come into the forums.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I do what I want.

Also, the best way to get yourself permanently deleted is whining about getting deleted in public.

*delete*
  • MrsHollingsworthThomas
    MrsHollingsworthThomas Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I was a person that never deleted anyone at one time, but now I delete people who don't interact with me. I would rather have a slightly smaller list of people who I engage and connect with.

This
    I try not to have TOO many friends b/c I can't genuinely motivate/support them.
    My rule is, if I see someone has been inactive for like 3-5 days, I send them a 'checking in' message to see how they're doing. I agree with the OP that people want/need accountability from time to time, and I feel like they might just need a little nudge.
    However, if I have to 'nudge you' every other week, you're inactive over a month, we've never had ANY interaction, or you post something inappropriate, I will delete you.

I like having the connection with my friends and being able to keep up with them and motivate them sincerely.

That's just what I do....
  • mtyler7718
    mtyler7718 Posts: 24
    Options
    I am fairly new but I can't imagine deleting anyone--as you said unless they are harassing me in some way or another. Even if someone hasn't checked in, perhaps he or she is just struggling--God knows I have had a lot of struggles losing weight. That way, when the person checks back in, he or she will have support.

JMO! :bigsmile:
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I have never deleted anyone but I have been deleted by someone who added me. Once I figured it out, I was like "Huh, oh well." She must not have liked the fact that I called her out on eating 600-800 calories per day, but that's the way I roll. My profile now includes that I am not interested in being MFP friends with anyone who doesn't eat the appropriate amount of calories.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Not that I feel hurt or bothered if MyFitnessPals delete me — indeed in certain cases I consider it quite a relief, if not a badge of honor — I was just wondering what might motivate them to do so; incidentally I routinely delete others on Facebook I perceive to be irritating and/or inflammatory (though of late I opt merely for the 'Unsubscribe' option) and have been deleted myself for what I have to imagine are the same reasons. That said, on MyFitnessPal — at least in the personal news feed — people tend to steer clear of the poisonous discussions of politics, race, and interpersonal relationships otherwise prevalent in other social media.

mhm...suuure
    a99829ec38aeb387ecc9399213b21a8f.jpg
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I have one policy: never delete girls with cleavage pics. Or girls who have pics of Denise Milani in their profiles. Just sayin'.