Deleting YourFitnessPals

Options

Replies

• CLDeyette
    CLDeyette Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I deleted someone just yesterday. I can not support someone who refuses to eat and take care of themselves. I was shocked to see this individual get so many "likes for eating @ 600 calories. I asked her a few days ago if she was logging correctly and warned her that I could not support her if she refused to eat. Many others did too and as of yesterday there was no response so I used the delete option.

I deleted the same person. I am on a journey to better my health and am looking for others with the same intention. I got the impression that this one was looking more for sympathy and attention than anything else. I also noticed that she rarely, if ever, replied to comments from her buddies regarding her eating habits and or questions.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I THOUGHT WE WERE ARE ALL HERE TO MOTIVATE EACH OTHER! THATS THE ONLY THING THATS IMPORTANT TO ME , LOSING MY WIEGHT.. REALLY COULD GIV TO **** ROCKS ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE.
    YOU DON'T GET TO DECIDE WHY I'M HERE!

I JUST LIKE YELLING
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    I THOUGHT WE WERE ARE ALL HERE TO MOTIVATE EACH OTHER! THATS THE ONLY THING THATS IMPORTANT TO ME , LOSING MY WIEGHT.. REALLY COULD GIV TO **** ROCKS ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE.

tumblr_lw80qkLMyP1qih5mn.gif
  • LaurenBrooke1843
    LaurenBrooke1843 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This whole thread is very entertaining. ;) haha
    also... this not at all creepy post. high five.
    Tonight's a silence of the lambs night for sure.

It`s simple.........

It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does this whenever it is told.

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets deleted as a MFP friend.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I mainly deleted people for inactivity. I have a 2 months limit, unless I know the reason or I know the person from elsewhere , in those case it is 6 months. .
    After a week or two I check up on the missing person, then again at 1 month mark, If no reply , response or logging in 2 months, there is no reason to keep it.
    I keep short friend list, because I actually want to interact and support each other. I only seek out new friends to add if my MFP list is below 30 and I do not think I ever had more than 50 on my list. . So yes, I want to know how am I doing with MFP friends and how many active friends I have,
    I am on here for almost 3 years started prior to my last pregnancy , so there are a tons of changes happened in this timeframe.

I also deleted a handful people for other reasons.
    A) I delete one person for daily very long religious quotes and comment using constant capital letters. It made me feel like somebody yelling at me all the time.
    B) I delete one person for constant drama with the ex ( multiple rant posts daily). I do post some rant time to time, but I really do not need the daily stress of an other person in my life.
    C) I deleted one person who constantly aggressively pushing her diet ideas on me and everybody. Those diet ideas was very unconventional/extreme and I did not agree with it.
    D) I deleted one person who was actually nice, but was friend with MFP person C) , I felt really bad for this, but I that was the only way to get rid of person C on my newsfeed.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    1. Negativity/drama
    2. Compliment fishing
    3. Friend collecting
    5. Creepy stalkers
    6. Selling something
    7. Eating disorders with no desire to change
    8. Inactivity
    9. Obsessing over clean eating
    10. Breathing
    12. Blinking
    13. Existing
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    a better question is, how many people have you recommend MFP to.... whom you would NEVER WANT TO FRIEND ON THIS SITE lol
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I delete pretentious people who use big words. Nah, actually I just never add those to begin with.

People get deleted for various reasons all the time. Nothing to get offended over. It's not like they are your besties and you have sleepovers.
  • Janette3x4
    Janette3x4 Posts: 135
    Options
    I can't get past the jargon to understand the question. Delete.

FWIW, I delete based upon the individual person, our interactions, and if my hormonal swings line up with the full moon. So, basically anything goes.

Lol!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Regarding people deleting for light cleaning/walking:

I very rarely log these things, and when I do log any exercise I dramatically underestimate it.

So twice a week if I clean for four hours it might say "Asa burned 200 cal cleaning for 240 minutes of cleaning" I clean my house everyday and don't log it, but my account is set at sedentary because I work in an office, so if I do clean (especially sweating, or running in the cleaning) for several hours, it does count as a burn for me. Obviously I'm not about to log the 1250 kcal MFP says I've burned, but it's not without merit.

Also walking. If I go for a walk I do not ring up the 275 cal per mile MFP rings up, but I do log 100 calories per mile. That is a commonly accepted burn rate in the fitness world 1 mile=100 cal. And yes, sometimes when I go over 99 calories I walk a mile and burn it off.

OP, this is EXACTLY why you shouldn't take it personally.

Some people or just doing their own little thing in their own little world, and that's okay.

Best of luck to them on their journey.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I've deleted very few. One instance was a newsfeed that blatantly used any excuse possible to use the "F" word about every other sentence... I've no time for that. A few bleepers? Fine.. No problem... If one's entire command of the English Language is nothing but "4 letter words" then that just is not my thing.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

Some people or just doing their own little thing in their own little world, and that's okay.

I agree.

Just last week I deleted a man who had been on my friend list after he called a woman who deleted him " a *kitten*, a c*nt..." Talk about taking it too personally.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    personally, i look through my list at least once a month ,- if person has been inactive for more than 3 days i send a hey , we miss you when youre gone thing, kind of reminding them why they joined sort of thing - VERY VERY cult leader like i know :blushing:

then in a couple weeks if you still havent logged, you get another one, hey i hope things are going well, and youre still on track , noticed youre not logging, etc.. again , come back to the fold my wandering sheep...

if after 2-3 of those, then i will generally remove from friends list- but often times, i dont bother - non logger does not clog my feeds, as op said ...

i do at least once a month send out a follow the leader messages if its been more than say 2 months, then i figure - well ive tried, not much else i can do , im not nice enough to keep a packet of friends, and people who do follow are generally in the same boat , and its a longer process, so i have more patience.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

I agree.

Just last week I deleted a man who had been on my friend list after he called a woman who deleted him " a *kitten*, a c*nt..." Talk about taking it too personally.

:noway:
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I deleted two people:

One was too pushy with her faith, and it came out in every thing she posted. If your version of God floats your boat, fine, but pushing it my way as a source of motivation just doesn't do it for me.

The other was on a VERY low calorie diet for her starting weight, and then would cycle to bingeing at the end of the week because her body couldn't handle it. Despite being given advice to raise her calories, she would not budge, and kept at the low calorie / binge unhealthy cycle for weeks. She refused to do anything about it, so she also had to go.

That's it. The others I have kept, even if they haven't been on in a while. I know that when they return to their journey, they are going to need support, and I'm willing to give it.
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I delete them if there's a month or more of no activity.

This

This post has reminded me I haven't checked through and had a clear out lately so I will now go do so....

HAH! I just did the same thing. The only 'inactives' I am keeping are my local friends in case they decide to reactivate. Otherwise, keep it movin'.
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7oLiQ4uXRVCpM4tp5JFZnosvxBQM44oZAaZLXtUBA6ErszCr-xw
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I delete due to inactivity, I haven't had to remove anyone for any other reason so far. I have changed some of my "rules" on accepting friend requests, if you don't have at least one real pic of yourself and something about yourself on your profile I won't accept. That really seems to piss some people off...
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I delete when its been 1 month. Only because I don't feel like checking my friend list constantly lol

AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT...
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Stop being butt hurt.

Butt hurt aka butthurt.

What a vulgar callous term to describe anyone or how anyone feels. I'm no longer surprised to see this term popping up all over this site as it's so prevalent. It's disgusting to me. But please, to those of you who feel compelled to use this ugly term when typing out your words of wisdom, keep doing it. You reveal your character and mark yourself as someone to be avoided by anyone who knows better.

<edited for spelling>

I delete people who get butthurt about the word butthurt.

And THIS is why I would never delete you! :drinker: