Deleting YourFitnessPals

Options

Replies

• aliakynes
    aliakynes Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    VLCD irks me in a big way. There are so many people here that misuse this site and I don't want to take part in or encourage it by sticking around.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I have no rules. EFFFFFF rules!!!

*deletes errbody*

Just kidding, I love you all on my FL. And even some not on my FL. I haz a big heart, in fact, my Facebook quiz told me so this morning. BTW, I should stop drinking C4 before I come into the forums.

2iw4vhz.gif
    2bb6ee.jpg
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options

*deletes errbody*

Just kidding, I love you all on my FL. And even some not on my FL. I haz a big heart, in fact, my Facebook quiz told me so this morning. BTW, I should stop drinking C4 before I come into the forums.

2bb6ee.jpg
    How did you know my code word for penis? I LOVE GETTING TIPSY!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I delete them if there's a month or more of no activity.

This

This post has reminded me I haven't checked through and had a clear out lately so I will now go do so....
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Who cares its the internet...

It's not FB and these people aren't your "real" friends anyways, and you should be the only one keeping yourself accountable.

/end thread

My MFP friends are more "real" friends than any of my "in real life" friends have ever been.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    You annoyed me enough in your OP to warrant deletion. There is your first clue.

This. I can understand priding yourself on your clever vernacular but this made you come across as not only boring and pedantic and instantly made me believe that any conversation with you would be a frustratingly tedious affair, and I am fairly long-winded myself.

My tip for avoiding deletion is to interact with others in a way that makes you seem open and interesting and not make people hate you instantly for trying to assert your intelligence and wit with paragraphs of unnecessary language that drowns out whatever message you are putting forth.

Good Luck OP and may the force be with you.
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    This thread inspired me to delete more people.

For me, other than cry babies and slackers. The ones who get me the most are the "it`s all about me" people. I need support and more friends. Then they never take part or even click "like".

That`s not cool, they got to go!!!!!!!!!!!
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    1) I delete if you have not logged on for over 20 days unless we talk a lot.
    2) I delete if you are blowing up my news feed every 5 min about stuff
    3) I do what I want

Word. I delete inactive people and people who treat MFP like it's fb or twitter or something. NO, I DON'T WANNA KNOW A SECRET ABOUT YOU. Tell me about your lifts, runs, walks (whatever), nomnoms, victories, etc, or gtfo
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I was an English major in college and I can't even begin to comprehend the jargon in this post.

:huh:
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    gkmiMBq.jpg
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I was an English major in college and I can't even begin to comprehend the jargon in this post.

:huh:

Same here. William Faulkner is easier to understand.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I delete if there's no activity for at least a month or so and if there's no explanation for the absence. Sometimes people will post that they are "taking a logging break" or going to Cancun or moving, etc. I don't delete in those situations unless it's been three months or more because to me, that's a pretty sure sign that they're not coming back. I don't like to see a friends list of people who gave up since it's very discouraging to me and my own goals. I will usually send a message to the person after a period of not seeing them log in for a while just to encourage them to come back and not give up.

I'll delete if someone is endorsing unhealthy habits. Such as eating less than 1000 calories every day, trying to lose weight while pregnant, etc.

I'll also delete if they are spamming my page and annoying me. I don't mind casual conversations or daily posts though... so it takes a lot to annoy me and I think I've only ever deleted people for this once or twice.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options

*deletes errbody*

2bb6ee.jpg

JUST THE TIPSY?
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options

2iw4vhz.gif
    2bb6ee.jpg

LOL Thanks Cliff I was taking a sip of my drink when I read that and about choked.
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options

*deletes errbody*

2bb6ee.jpg

JUST THE TIPSY?
    tumblr_m5t8g0krmc1qh0qluo2_500_zps742da924.gif
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Speaking solely for myself:

In your first sentence, by exclusion, you express the belief that threats to physical safety which are not credible should not be grounds for immediate deletion. That belief is grounds for immediate deletion.

Your description of your befuddlement as charming is grounds for immediate deletion.

Your employment of terms and concepts such as raison detre, contritition, attrition, accountabilibuddy, polite nudge, well-mannered are each individually and certainly in the aggregate grounds for immediate deletion.

Your creation of this thread is grounds for immediate deletion.

People use this site and its functions, including the social aspects, in the manner they find most fitting. In some instances, this manner may not be the same manner in which you may choose to use the website. Over time, you will surely find yourself with a collection of like-minded individuals. The only way to achieve this parity is through addition and attrition.

Yours truly,
    Delicious Cocktail
  • culo97
    culo97 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I delete a MFP friend if the person annoys me.

What bugs me can change from day to day, hour to hour. Basically, they did nothing wrong, it's all about me.

I'd definitely delete myself most days, if given the chance. :huh:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Speaking solely for myself:

In your first sentence, by exclusion, you express the belief that threats to physical safety which are not credible should not be grounds for immediate deletion. That belief is grounds for immediate deletion.

Your description of your befuddlement as charming is grounds for immediate deletion.

Your employment of terms and concepts such as raison detre, contritition, attrition, accountabilibuddy, polite nudge, well-mannered are each individually and certainly in the aggregate grounds for immediate deletion.

Your creation of this thread is grounds for immediate deletion.

People use this site and its functions, including the social aspects, in the manner they find most fitting. In some instances, this manner may not be the same manner in which you may choose to use the website. Over time, you will surely find yourself with a collection of like-minded individuals. The only way to achieve this parity is through addition and attrition.

Yours truly,
    Delicious Cocktail

th?id=HN.608046397233630326&pid=15.1
  • shaylalaine
    shaylalaine Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I delete inappropriate boys and people advertising shake-ology ,herbalife, fitness videos,etc.
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    usually the only time I delete is if they have not been active in a month.. I try to check in and comment daily and I try to log daily I want people of a similar mindset to be cheering me on!!