Deleting YourFitnessPals

Options

Replies

• endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I've only deleted one person and that was because he kept asking me to look at nudes of him on his boat. Though before I did delete him I told him I was not interested hoping he would stop. However two days later he did it again. So I deleted and blocked him. I wouldnt delete someone because they were inactive. My account has been inactive since 2010 so I would hope that when I want to get back on the bandwagon my friends would still be there.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    (2) Is not MyFitnessPal's very raison d'être that of mutual accountability?
    No. It isn't. As a grownup I'm not accountable to anybody.
  • Bu1l
    Bu1l Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I THOUGHT WE WERE ARE ALL HERE TO MOTIVATE EACH OTHER! THATS THE ONLY THING THATS IMPORTANT TO ME , LOSING MY WIEGHT.. REALLY COULD GIV TO **** ROCKS ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE.
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Who cares... bring it! Ooooops, wrong thread! ;P
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    It`s simple.........

It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does this whenever it is told.

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets deleted as a MFP friend.
  • healthyscratch1978
    Options
    I THOUGHT WE WERE ARE ALL HERE TO MOTIVATE EACH OTHER! THATS THE ONLY THING THATS IMPORTANT TO ME , LOSING MY WIEGHT.. REALLY COULD GIV TO **** ROCKS ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE.

hhs.gif
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I delete, sometimes I get deleted...that's MFP. I do have a core group of friends on here that has stuck together pretty well which is nice and a few people on my list that I would never delete.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Question - how do you know you've been deleted. Do you get notified by MFP somehow?

You don't get any notification.

You just don't see the person on your list of friends. If you don't see the person on your list of friends and you didn't delete them then they unfriended you.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I regularly have a 'kull' of inactive friends. In fact, if any of my MFP Friends show 'Last Login: X days ago' without giving notice of 'a holiday' or 'a note from their Mom', they they go 'bye-bye'.

Some may think this is a little harsh, but I want friends who are dedicated and into the same things as me... They help keep me motivated and 'on track'.

I also don't accept blank friends requests - If you want to befriend me on here, tell me why, don't just blindly send out requests - I just don't see the point...

A lot of my friends on here log in daily and have huge day streak numbers; those who are 'in it to win it!' I am currently on 884 days!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Stop being butt hurt.

Butt hurt aka butthurt.

What a vulgar callous term to describe anyone or how anyone feels. I'm no longer surprised to see this term popping up all over this site as it's so prevalent. It's disgusting to me. But please, to those of you who feel compelled to use this ugly term when typing out your words of wisdom, keep doing it. You reveal your character and mark yourself as someone to be avoided by anyone who knows better.

<edited for spelling>

LOL_WUT_by_xHyperShadowx.jpg
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Stop being butt hurt.

Butt hurt aka butthurt.

What a vulgar callous term to describe anyone or how anyone feels. I'm no longer surprised to see this term popping up all over this site as it's so prevalent. It's disgusting to me. But please, to those of you who feel compelled to use this ugly term when typing out your words of wisdom, keep doing it. You reveal your character and mark yourself as someone to be avoided by anyone who knows better.

<edited for spelling>

I delete people who get butthurt about the word butthurt.
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    For awhile I was all about the group hugs, but now I absolutely will delete individuals who consistently eat less than 1000 calories a day, do cleanses and wacky crash diets, post whiny $h*t every day, or obsess over every .00001 pound on the scale. The unhealthiness and negativity does the opposite of motivate me.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I get deleted all the time for not ****ting rainbowz. It sucks, cause I really tryyyyy. It always just comes out normal :/

Is it a fine art I'm missing?
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    "Charmingly befuddled"? Do you even English? Because I do, and the main rule is that you can't tell others when you're being charming.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    my butt hurts

i mean my butthurts
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    "Charmingly befuddled"? Do you even English? Because I do, and the main rule is that you can't tell others when you're being charming.

can we English together?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    YOU DON'T GET TO DECIDE WHY I'M HERE!
  • NessaR2011
    NessaR2011 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

All of the above plus:
    - if you under-eat and are proud of it
    - if you make ignorant and/or uneducated posts or comments in the forums and you refuse to become "educated"
    - if you log bogus activities such as light cleaning, grocery shopping, doing laundry
    - if you are of the strong opinion that there is only one way to go about this lifestyle change and that's your way

Delete, Delete, Delete
    [/quote]

Yea, that light cleaning thing kills me. That tells me 1 of 2 things. 1. You are either admitting to never cleaning your home and you feel it's actually something to count or 2. You went over and think this is a way to make it "right".
    I've been lucky that my friends have been great. I've been working with a doctor about staying around 1200-1300 calories a day (which will be changing in the next appointment now that I'm no longer in the obese range.. YAY!) and that sometimes I just can't get that workout in. I delete after inactivity of 30 days (unless they're family I think may return) or they're full of newsfeed drama. I have deleted someone for trying to pass their unhealthy habits as actual diet advice and logging like crap (not actually logging what they've eaten, just finding the lowest calorie option in MFPs bank that's LIKE what they've eaten).
  • GonnaLoseIt50Plus
    Options
    I do delete others. But, if I see my friends have not been around in a week I send them a message (there are a couple i know that due to work they are just gone for long stretches) but others, I check on after a week - personal message. If I get to a month and no repsonses, then I post on the wall and after a couple months of no response/activity I do delete them. The point is accountability. But if you are not active and not responding, then there is no accountability.

I do delet for the same reason. This is a new account for me for a new start but in the past I had the same reasoning as above.
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    NP: listing songs that you are listening to, no matter how awesome the band is, is grounds for deletion.