Please read before entering the forums...

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Neliel88
    Neliel88 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You would have to eat a HELL of a lot of carbohydrate to start storing it as fat! 15g of carb per KG of bodyweight. If you are 80kg, that means you'd have to consume 1200g of carbs in a day (good luck with that one) to start storing excess carbs as fat. And that's not even including what you'd burn in a day.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    You would have to eat a HELL of a lot of carbohydrate to start storing it as fat! 15g of carb per KG of bodyweight. If you are 80kg, that means you'd have to consume 1200g of carbs in a day (good luck with that one) to start storing excess carbs as fat. And that's not even including what you'd burn in a day.

Our bodies love to store carbs as energy. I'm a vegan. and the grapes, pineapples, and bananas I overeat contribute to weight gain as much as anything else (unfortunately!)
  • Neliel88
    Options

Our bodies love to store carbs as energy. I'm a vegan. and the grapes, pineapples, and bananas I overeat contribute to weight gain as much as anything else (unfortunately!)

What is your daily fat, sodium and water intake like?
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

Hmmm, I don't worry about those things, because I'm constantly hydrated in one way or another, my blood pressure is low so I need sodium and feel I don't get enough, and my fats seem to vary anywhere between way in the green to sometimes in the red. I don't gain weight when my fat is in the red, though. I gain weight when my calories consistently are.
  • Neliel88
    Options

Hmmm, I don't worry about those things, because I'm constantly hydrated in one way or another, my blood pressure is low so I need sodium and feel I don't get enough, and my fats seem to vary anywhere between way in the green to sometimes in the red. I don't gain weight when my fat is in the red, though. I gain weight when my calories consistently are.

Have you had a look at 80/10/10? Maybe you could try it as a guideline for a while to see how that goes for you? The fat should be kept at 5 - 10% of daily calories consistently.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    Have you had a look at 80/10/10? Maybe you could try it as a guideline for a while to see how that goes for you? The fat should be kept at 5 - 10% of daily calories consistently.

I have seen 80/10/10. I don't think it's the right plan for me. It seems to work well for some people who are much more active than I have the ability to be.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    What's with the massive thread derailment? How did we get from general forum advice to someone recommending a faddish sub-optimal fat/protein intake?
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

As a suggestion, have a read up on how insulin regulates blood sugar levels and what happens to the glucose in the body.

If you are eating medium to high carbs and you eat a calorie surplus, some of those carbs WILL be converted to body fat, as you body cannot deal with too much glucose in the blood.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options

WHERE are you getting your information?? This is just nuts. Which you could use, BTW, to get some much needed healthy fats into your diet. Your hormones are going to get royally screwed up.
    Where do you suppose your muscles are going to get the protein they need for repair on that low protein level?

When your hair starts falling out, and you start having other health issues, you can know that it is because of your diet plan.

If you want to screw up your own health- fine. But don't come here suggesting that to others.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

I can't quite work out why you would prioritise a non essential macro nutrient to such an extent and minimise the 2 essential macro nutrients to extremely low volumes you are talking about.

Some carbs are optimal in a diet, but certainly not to that extent.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    So all you smarty pants people who say "duh a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat...gagag;akjdfn a pound equals a pound you dumb ignorant people who are inferior to me" I have a question for you:

So, I have a piece of muscle in my left hand that weighs exactly 1 pound-force (lbf) and in my right hand I have a piece of fat that weighs exactly one lbf. I'm going to keep the piece of muscle and give the piece of fat to my astronaut friend. My friend is then going to hop on a rocket and blast off and go to the moon. He is going to take his trusty astro-scale out and weigh that piece of fat. What will be the weight of that piece of fat?

Answer: Trick question. Everyone knows it's impossible to land on the moon. The moon landing never happened and was staged in an elaborate sound studio in the Nevada desert on a base code named Area 51. The reason for this was to trick the Russians into thinking we had the technology to do it and therefore had the technology to be very accurate with nuclear weapons. It is so obvious. Only naive people will believe the official story!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    download-3.jpg?w=300&h=249
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    So all you smarty pants people who say "duh a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat...gagag;akjdfn a pound equals a pound you dumb ignorant people who are inferior to me" I have a question for you:

So, I have a piece of muscle in my left hand that weighs exactly 1 pound-force (lbf) and in my right hand I have a piece of fat that weighs exactly one lbf. I'm going to keep the piece of muscle and give the piece of fat to my astronaut friend. My friend is then going to hop on a rocket and blast off and go to the moon. He is going to take his trusty astro-scale out and weigh that piece of fat. What will be the weight of that piece of fat?

Answer: Trick question. Everyone knows it's impossible to land on the moon. The moon landing never happened and was staged in an elaborate sound studio in the Nevada desert on a base code named Area 51. The reason for this was to trick the Russians into thinking we had the technology to do it and therefore had the technology to be very accurate with nuclear weapons. It is so obvious. Only naive people will believe the official story!

Way to get us back on the tracks LOL
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

My thought exactly!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

My thought exactly!

My husband is Russian. He informed me that the moon landing was a hoax due to the radiation band that surrounds the earth. However, the entire Russian space program was nothing but truth.

Also, I should try a watermelon cleanse.

So, Tip #72 (or where ever we are) Too much time on the internet is bad for your brain.