If it's as simple as calories in vs calories out....

Options
12345679»

Replies

• 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Yawn. Saturated fats are not bad. Considering everyone in the DS community has told me on multiple occasions that I need to eat LESS lean meats and more fatty meats, more butter, more hwc, even suggested coffee with butter/coconut oil in it. But I don't like coffee. I have trouble getting the 150g a day in, and almost never make it, but I usually get close enough.
    Burgers without buns are perfectly acceptable.
    I keep my carbs low, my protein high, and my fat high. And that means I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing.
    Meats and fat sources will be my primary food for the rest of my life. Vegetables are only for when I've met my protein for the day.
    I take vitamins.
    What's healthy for you is not healthy for me any longer.

You are using your macros as an excuse to not make healthier choices in food. I'm sorry but you can buy 20% fat ground beef and fry it up in butter or oil at home and that would be much better than McDonald's or Taco Bell. And I'm betting more protein because it doesn't have any added stuff.

And the processed lunch meat you are eating on a regular basis, why not have a small chicken breast or turkey breast instead? More protein for the same amount of food but it takes a little more work. You could do like a lot of people do on here and make your food on Sunday for the week, weigh it out and put it in containers in the freezer. Then it's just defrost and go.

Or protein shakes using whey protein, those are pretty easy as well.

If you want this surgery to work long term you need to change your eating habits well. And I do know several people who've had WLS and all but one have gained all the weight back because they didn't change their eating habits.