Why Can't I Skip Breakfast?

Options

Replies

• endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    It's a personal preference on what time you eat breakfast. I drink a protein shake to keep me from bingeing on the vending machine at lunchtime. I eat cereal for dinner more than I eat it for breakfast! Krave S'mores all the way for me.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing she was trying to help. No need to get butthurt and rude about it.

Who are you quoting? Where is the butt hurt?

Everyone quoting this: "Skipping breakfast makes you more tired throughout the day and slows down your metabolism. Your body goes into starvation mode because it has no idea when it's getting food next and then when you do eat it stores as much fat and sugar as possible because it's (again) not sure when it's going to get food next. If you want extra calories for dinner, try a simple workout. I walk each day for 45 minutes with my dog. That gives me 241 extra calories to use :) Cleaning your house, gardening, ect all add up."

If butt hurt is not letting people steamroll bad info all over this thread then, sure. ...

Do presidents use the term "butt hurt" in usual convos? Srs question.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I personally am not a breakfast person. I have been eating lately, but very late in the day. I like drinking my coffee and that fills me up. You do not have to eat breakfast, so keep doing what your doing!!!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Skipping breakfast makes you more tired throughout the day and slows down your metabolism. Your body goes into starvation mode because it has no idea when it's getting food next and then when you do eat it stores as much fat and sugar as possible because it's (again) not sure when it's going to get food next. If you want extra calories for dinner, try a simple workout. I walk each day for 45 minutes with my dog. That gives me 241 extra calories to use :) Cleaning your house, gardening, ect all add up.

^^Not true
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Skipping breakfast makes you more tired throughout the day and slows down your metabolism. Your body goes into starvation mode because it has no idea when it's getting food next and then when you do eat it stores as much fat and sugar as possible because it's (again) not sure when it's going to get food next. If you want extra calories for dinner, try a simple workout. I walk each day for 45 minutes with my dog. That gives me 241 extra calories to use :) Cleaning your house, gardening, ect all add up.

Skipping breakfast does NOT make you more tired throughout the day, nor does it slow down your metabolism. Skipping breakfast does NOT put you in starvation mode.

Skip breakfast if you want to.
  • Amy4President
    Amy4President Posts: 165 Member
    Options

Everyone quoting this: "Skipping breakfast makes you more tired throughout the day and slows down your metabolism. Your body goes into starvation mode because it has no idea when it's getting food next and then when you do eat it stores as much fat and sugar as possible because it's (again) not sure when it's going to get food next. If you want extra calories for dinner, try a simple workout. I walk each day for 45 minutes with my dog. That gives me 241 extra calories to use :) Cleaning your house, gardening, ect all add up."

If butt hurt is not letting people steamroll bad info all over this thread then, sure. ...

There's a way to correct misinformation without belittling the person and being an *kitten* about it. And if our president uses "*kitten*", I'm sure he uses "butthurt" too.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options

Its called correcting misleading and incorrect information.
  • LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    the butt hurt is strong with our president on this thread
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

There's a way to correct misinformation without belittling the person and being an *kitten* about it. And if our president uses "*kitten*", I'm sure he uses "butthurt" too.

Hey, tomatoe tomato. What you see as "being an *kitten*" others see more objectively without all them personal feels.

2ypitlh.gif

I'm playing you a pretty song wif ma mandolin
  • LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Options

Hey, tomatoe tomato. What you see as "being an *kitten*" others see more objectively without all them personal feels.

2ypitlh.gif

I'm playing you a pretty song wif ma mandolin

pretty sure that gif wins the thread
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I found this article that I think helps explain starvation mode somewhat. I picked this one because it is written in plain English most should be able to understand. I will say not everyone's body reacts the same and different things can affect metabolism but that I don't think the impact is as detrimental as we sometimes believe. Basically missing a meal shouldn't ruin everything but starving yourself in general could screw your body up.

http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=35501
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Skipping breakfast makes you more tired throughout the day and slows down your metabolism. Your body goes into starvation mode because it has no idea when it's getting food next and then when you do eat it stores as much fat and sugar as possible because it's (again) not sure when it's going to get food next.

None of that is true. Skipping breakfast is fine, I usually prefer to skip breakfast. And metabolic damage takes a long time, we're talking months, not hours, skipping a meal does absolutely nothing to your metabolism, and breakfast does not magically make you more alert throughout the day.

Rigger
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    21586830.jpg
  • TMM211073
    TMM211073 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Techincally speaking no one can skip breakfast.... the first thing you eat (each day) breaks the fast - ergo you've had breakfast lol xXx
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Techincally speaking no one can skip breakfast.... the first thing you eat (each day) breaks the fast - ergo you've had breakfast lol xXx

So, if I skip breakfast, does that mean I'm really skipping dinner? If lunch becomes breakfast, does dinner become lunch? Or am I skipping lunch, because lunch became breakfast?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I found this article that I think helps explain starvation mode somewhat. I picked this one because it is written in plain English most should be able to understand. I will say not everyone's body reacts the same and different things can affect metabolism but that I don't think the impact is as detrimental as we sometimes believe. Basically missing a meal shouldn't ruin everything but starving yourself in general could screw your body up.

http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=35501
    Uhhhhhhhhhh, citing weight watchers.........I don't think so.

That is a pretty good article.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I fnd it disturbing how many people think that not eating for 12hrs or longer is ok.

Per my certified personal trainer........eat breakfast! You need to kick start your metabolism when you get up. Not eating at regular intervals brings down your metabolism. When your body doesn't know when it's next fueling is going to be it will hold onto what it does get creating fat.

becoming a certified PT literally requires minimal nutrition study, and what they do get is typically broscience. My cousin is a certified PT, he weighs 280 pounds, can't deadlift 315, has not a modicum of proper form on the squat and constantly spews broscience like clean eating and never skipping breakfast. He is the last person I would take nutrition advice from, and it sounds like you are his first client.

Fire your PT, he doesn't know $#@!.

Rigger