Over 200 New Year New me Part 39

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Can you eat too much fiber? Especially if you are eating well as far as calories, etc go.

Yes, you can eat too much. Most of what I have read states adult women should aim for 25-30g/day (forget about what MFP initially recommends). I'm sure the best amount varies from person to person so you may just have to feel it out for yourself. Your physician could advise you to eat more or less depending on certain medical conditions.

I have days when I'm over 30g and days when I'm under 25g. It's not that big of a deal, but I do try to keep it somewhere around 25-30g on average. If I go over by much, I make sure I drink some extra water. Too much fiber and too little fiber can really mess with your digestive tract. :wink: Some people seem to be more sensitive to it than others.

Also, if you increase your fiber intake too rapidly, you can experience digestive upset (Mostly in the form of gas. *Painful* and terribly embarrassing gas. :laugh:).
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Momma, that is WONDERFUL news about Ryan!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Momma - that is great about ryan!!

Sooo frustrated with serena right now. She did soo awesome 1st 6 weeks, got all a's and b's and not that many marks...this 6 weeks completly opposite...she has all b's and c's (the b's wouldn't be bad, but she has the b's cause she does really good then doesn't do work or does it late and gets major points off). She has gotten several papers, 18, 30, 25, etc just cause she doesn't do what she is suppsoed to do...she says alot she doesn't have time to finishe, but i am sure her teacher gives her the time, she just wast that time. I told her last night that it is the end of this...i just don't know how to make her do it. LIke in reading, she has a 60 cause she got a 25 and a 30 , then some like 95's ...so i know she is fully capable of the work...sooo frustrating...

she started basketball last week too...hubby has taken her to the practice's...she is doing them, but she just doesn' t hustle and spaces out alot...she does praticipate but not to the level she needs to , she got hit with a ball a few times because she isn't paying attention...she is pretty good if she tries (like everything else), i hope she does okay when the games start.

Heather - thanks ...i actually was at a seminar with a PT at the gym, and he said the same thing, he focus's more on free weight and your own body weight. He used to be a Phycial therapist so i may see if i can go with him...with my knee problems maybe somebody like that would be able to help better. I see some of the muscle guy PT on the machines all the time..I really want the free weight training since come april/may we are quitting the gym as our new neighborhood has a little gym and we will just be too far.
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Momma - I am so happy for you and Ry!

I called in sick today. I needed a serious sleep day! I am exhausted and this sinus infection is taking me down. I have enjoyed sleeping today! Now I am going to muster the strength to go to the gym for a light work out. Wish me luck.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Nancy: Hope you feel better soon!

Momma: Yay for your awesome little Ryan! I'm so happy for both of you! Remember to always celebrate the successes whether they be big or small...both for Ryan and for you!

Deb: I'm glad what I said about the free weights made sense. Hopefully the trainer will come up with a good plan for you that doesn't bother, or even helps, your knee.
  • Calories- way over again. I need to get myself right back on this thing tomorrow sick or not, and I will sick or not.
    Water- 64oz.
    Exercise- none
    Proud- that I know that I am human and I will make mistakes and that I can admit that I went over my calories without being ashamed of it b/c I know this is a lifestyle change and it will take time to get habits that are healthy.
  • Hello hello!

Yesterday was a pretty good day. I'm happy with my check-in.

Cals - 1350, over by 150 (yup, I'll take it!)
    Water - 72 oz
    Exercise - None
    Proud - I was baptized yesterday! I was dedicated as a child, but never baptized as an adult. So last night I did the full-on immersion baptism and got dunked. It was a very emotional experience - I cried a lot, happy tears!

I've got exercise planned for today and tomorrow. Gym with friend today and hot yoga tomorrow. I'm so NOT ready for the 5K this Sunday, but I'm going to do my best.

Congrats on your babtism.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Momma-that is amazing news about Ryan.So glad to hear he met his December goals early.
    Laura-Come on now girl get this under control you can do this!!
    Nancy-I hope you feel better soon.Take care of yourself!!
    Deb- I am sorry to hear about Serena!! I am sure its very frustrating I hope things get better for ya

As for me ladies I stayed under calories today and even exercised but was over sodium by about 3000 mg I had a total DRUM roll please of 5185mg of sodium today YIKES:noway: :noway: This will definitely not happen again.So I am expecting that my weight will be up for a few days so I am not even going to weigh myself until Saturday!!

Calories 1280
    Water-144 ounces (thank goodness for all this water considering my sodium SPLURGE)
    Sodium-YIKES 5185mg
    Exercise-90 minutes of hardcore cleaning and 20 minute run on my elliptical
    Proud that even though I went over on sodium I kept everything else under control and I know tomorrow I will keep m y sodium in check.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Hello everyone!

Mamma - great news on Ryan! Remember this moment in the days ahead and be kind to yourself. You're doing great things for your son and he's improving. Just like our weight loss there will be stall out times - momentary setbacks that make it feel like it was all for nothing - and great achievements! We just have to trust that around the corner and on down this road it's going to be more good news if we keep on keeping on :happy:

elmox (right person?) Congrats on the baptism! I was baptized twice, the second time in a beautiful waterfall in TN when I was sixteen. I think it's a good idea to refresh our relationship to God every now and again - regardless of how you worship (or what name you use for God). My parents think I'm a heretic :tongue:

I had a business lunch today - FREE - is it just me or is it extra hard not to want to get your "money's worth" on a free meal? It should be the opposite! I didn't pay for it so waste shouldn't hurt so badly. But nooooo I had to order dessert! I had a Caesar salad (with real anchovies on top!), cedar plank salmon, mashed potatoes, bread, herbed butter and broccoli - and a piece of flour-less chocolate cake for dessert. I am telling myself I did well because I only ate a couple bites of the mashed potatoes.

Tonight my husband is cooking dinner and we're having oven roasted salmon (I didn't have the heart to tell him I ate that for lunch) and brown rice... and wine.

*spousal rant*
    My husband broke a wooden stair in our house, and "marked it" by leaving two big rubber mallets on the stair. It's been this way since I got home from MO last Tuesday night. Today he tripped over them going down the steps. Am I supposed to feel sorry for him???:huh: :huh: :huh: ??? He fixed it (I think) after he fell, and he keeps muttering about hurting himself in the fall and I'm just not asking or acknowledging it. Maybe I am evil:devil: but I'm soooo fed up with the stuff he doesn't do around the house. He's retired. He is capable. wtf!!!:explode:

He did fix my computer that's been down since July. When I went to MO I gave my other computer to a friend to fix for me, and when Ken found out he was all huffy and fixed my main computer for me. He said "Why did you LET Ryan take the Dell? I told you I'm going to fix it!" I said "it's been FIVE MONTHS!!!!" - he hung up on me but when we got home the computer was fixed.
    *rant over*

Tomorrow night at midnight the new Harry Potter movie comes out. We've been avoiding the previews (easy when you don't watch TV) and we're all going to dress up for the event! Beth (Grad-student housemate) Ken, Meghan and I are going with a few of our friends from our Thursday Night Dinners - 12 of us total. Beth is going to wear some sort of costume (she's into making costumes for sci fi events), Meghan is dressing up like the free-thinking character 'Luna' - Ken will wear a Wizard's hat and carry a wand - I'll have on a robe and maybe a hat... It will be silly-fun!:bigsmile:

Checking in for last night:
    Calories - under but I can't believe there's really only 100 calories in an oz. of salami?
    Water - fine
    Exercise - uhmmm

Proud- I am cutting back on my peppermint consumption.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    hey,

it's been a very busy week/day for me, every time I log on to chat/post I become overwhelmed with something new to do and forget to come back...sorry. I will try to log on tomorrow and read all teh posts that I missed..and boy did I miss a lot.

g. nite :)

xoxo,
    Laila
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Lauren - congrats on your baptism! God bless you!

check in:
    cals: under - didn't eat a lot today because I've been sick
    water: 100
    exercise: none
    proud: I forced my sick self to stay home and sleep even though I wanted to go run errands.
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Thank you all for the well wishes on the baptism. It was a very cool event!

I was at work until about 8 p.m. tonight, so no gym for me. :grumble: I've got clear plans for yoga tomorrow. Here's hoping I stick with them!

Checking in today:
    Cals - Over by 350 = 1550 My manager ordered pizza for lunch today. Wish I would have stuck w/one piece. I didn't.
    Water - 88 oz
    Exercise - Oh the best laid plans...nada
    Proud - We are going to LA in January!! I have been waiting for the tickets to go on sale and then did today. I got us tickets for $240 each. Not bad considering we are crossing the country! I'm also excited because I'll be at least 50 lbs lighter than I was when we were there in January 2009. I'll feel like a California Girl!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Despite the fact that I overloaded on sodium yesterday I had a loss of 1.4 pounds this morning which I know was just fluid but hey I'll take it.I am so freaking nauseas this morning I have been hoovering over the toliet for the past few hours.Am I pregnant? Few more weeks and I will be able to test again.Hoping that I am but if not I am ok with that too.I actually ovulated a few days ago so I won't know anything officially until the first or second week of December.I didn't think I would ovulate until I got my period but I did.I KNOW WHEN I OVULATE because I can feel it.So I guess we will wait and see!! sorry for TMI but I thought I would share my excitement.Not getting my hopes up that I am but its a possiblity so YAY!!Either way i will be fine and I will be continuing to knock some weight off pregnant or not.
  • Good Morning Everyone!!! I am up and ready to get this thing started today. I am feeling much better today than I felt the past 2 days. I have already told my hubby that we are going to go walking today and I will do it. I weighed this morning and I am susprised that I am not up any pounds due to the last 2 days eating everything in sight. Come to find out that is due to me getting my TOM this morning. That I am very disappointed about but oh well. I need to work on my weight and stay focused and save money for my tubal reversal so it's for the best that I am not pregnant right now b/c it could have ended up being a tubal pregnancy.

Ann- I'm on it!! I can do it and we will do this thing together.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Wow, Deb. Pregnancy is truly a beeeeeautiful thing, eh? :laugh: :sick:

I'm doing okay so far. Yesterday my hormones were raging. It was like ultra PMS and I felt like I could *literally* bite my asinine coworker's head off yesterday morning. :noway: Later in the day after I went for a walk at lunch I felt better and then m/s kicked in. No puking yet but I think yesterday afternoon/evening was as queasy as I've felt so far. As much as I don't enjoy the queasiness, my main gripes so far are the fatigue & bloat. So not cool, kid.

I had a 60 calorie deficit yesterday! With (too much) ice cream and (too much) pizza! :happy: (baby steps, right? :tongue:)
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Julie: Congrats on the 60 calorie deficit!

Melinda: Your Harry Potter event sounds like a TON of fun! It sounds like you're always surrounded by so many friends and family members; it's awesome!

Lauren: Yay for buying tickets to LA.

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: Under by 498 (exercise cals), which is okay because I"ll probably be over today. I have pulled pork in the crockpot.
    Sodium: Over by 1051...darn you, frozen chicken breast and your salt injections!
    Water: 80 oz.
    Exercise: ChaLean Burn Intervals
    Proud: I got a lot accomplished last night, including cooking Chicken Philly sandwiches for last night and preparing the pulled pork for tonight. So far, I'm doing well on decreasing the amount of times we eat out in a week!
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Elmox: Congratulations on your Baptism!
  • Just wanted to let everyone know that I am going to take a few days off but I will still be trying to watch what I eat. I will be back on Monday. I have some things going on right now that I need to take a time out.
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Hi girls,

Just went back and read the last 4 pages of post...well skimmed most of it. Im just to that point again where I am miserable. Im completely drained of energy, small tasks are becoming difficult, and my eating is absolutely out of control. I feel 100% like crap.

I dont know what to do right now...I feel overwhelmed with personal matters, restarting the journey during the holidays seems daunting...just wanted to let you all know I am here and will be trying to at least keep up with the posts.

Missed u all

Cris

ps- I dont even recall when my last visit to the gym was
This discussion has been closed.